Recent downtimes?

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 18 comments

Slick6

Premium
United States
United States
I was just wondering why all of these recent downtimes were occuring. They last about 20 minutes or so and then GTP works again. Any news would be nice. Thanks. :)

The server is experiencing very severe problems with Apache, which now somehow appears to have have corrupted our forum database. To make matters worse, the electricity in my home keeps going on and off, and my battery backup connected to my PC is failing. Ever get the feeling like the world was out to get you?

Jordan
To make matters worse, the electricity in my home keeps going on and off, and my battery backup connected to my PC is failing.QUOTE]

Does GTP run off servers at your home or something; or are you saying you couldn't get on the PC to fix the HTML code etc.?

eddieturner2002
Jordan
To make matters worse, the electricity in my home keeps going on and off, and my battery backup connected to my PC is failing.QUOTE]

Does GTP run off servers at your home or something; or are you saying you couldn't get on the PC to fix the HTML code etc.?
No, it runs off of a server in a datacenter in San Jose, California. I couldn't work on the server because I didn't have any electricity to power my PC... Everything went wrong at once.

Jordan
No, it runs off of a server in a datacenter in San Jose, California. I couldn't work on the server because I didn't have any electricity to power my PC... Everything went wrong at once.

Oh I see, I was thinking the first option I said was a little far-fetched. Otherwise I don't think the wife/gf would be too impressed with giant servers loitering themselves around the kitchen. :lol:

Anyway it's up and running now, you do a good job of fixing it everytime everyone else mucks up the system
:D:tup:

I've been having these same problems also. I hop you are able to get them sorted out.

Also since the recent downtime, when I try to change my under 20kb: JPG, PNG and GIF avatar's it says that they're invalid files. Also uploading seems to be going a bit weird in the last few hours too. Can you shed any light Jordan?

This is the avatar I want but it doesn't seem to work.

Yes, all of our issues are not resolved. As I said above our forum database has been corrupted, which is also causing some people's problems with getting permission to download videos.

Jordan

You mean the servers that are keeping up this site are located in the same city as me?

Very cool!👍:D

Jordan
Yes, all of our issues are not resolved. As I said above our forum database has been corrupted, which is also causing some people's problems with getting permission to download videos.

I just downloaded a 18MB video and had no problems whatsoever...

Server just went down again, 45MB into my downloading of the Nurburgring video, sounds like you're having one hell of a bad day, good luck with getting things sorted. Shut us all down for a few hours if it'll help.

Edit: Woo! Server just went down again! 223MB wasted! Yay! I'm gonna go beat something.

Edit:

Downloads: 666

Looks like a lucky number to me, downloading again.

Doesn't Windows have any programs that allows you to set up resumable downloads? Of course, it's built into OS X. ;)

But I've noticed the downtimes making people like Event Horizon to download Nurburgring GTPlanet Exclusive video.

Oh OS X? You mean NetBSD right? As opposed to Windows XP which is just Digital's modified competitor for OS/2...

I use NetTransport but it doesn't work on this sort of url. If I pass the actual download page itself it redirects and downloads index.php, if I try to download the file from the folder itself it fails, even if I try using a username and password, however it seems Jordan has a new system as a stopgap.

First, on the vid, I got to 268MB. The next time, I got to 405MB! :mad: I finally got it, though.

Back