This game does everything in its power to demotivate me to play it

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 540 comments
"Driving Simulator" is something different than "Collection Simulator". Collecting is effort and comes at a price, but I can only speak for myself when I say: in no GT did I ever have every car, nor was I interested in trying to get them all. It is not Pokemon were it actually is the central theme.
As for the info screen: sure it does, why would you want to hide any kind of information like that.
(World of Warcraft would also tell you how much of whatever you have collected, but just a few gamers ever tried for 100%, and dont come around with different kind of game: you can see both as a collecting game just to invalidate this point in advance.)

If the developers want you to do this, today they connect it with a trophy. That has also been a standard for a long time now.
If you want to go the extra mile, the path is clear ahead. Whether this is fun or not solely depends on the methods you choose to reach the finish line.
Bro, you and others that keep telling people that what they want, and remember from previous games, is not "how you play" so I guess they should just stop complaining or something, is absolute trash takes. If you are fine with the game like it is, then by all means gtfo and go enjoy it.

This game has the least core content of any other GT. I despise the missions and other scenarios they added to the last few games. GT4 is the absolute GOAT of GT games and should have been the standard for any future entry. If they had simply remade GT4 with all the new cars, tracks, physics, and weather features with online play we would be talking about how GT7 is the greatest GT game of all time. This game is an absolute failure.

okay what about this, can you list the cars that you drove that made you think the physics is changed ? I'll try them out and get back to you.
The '94 F1 was the biggest one. It went from being one of my favorite road cars to being way too "slippery"; if it wasn't an overall change, something definitely was changed on that car. Went from being one of the best super cars in the game in 1.13 to nearly un-drivable in 1.15.

GT40 Mark I is kind of similar, but I can still put up pretty good laps. Just feels like I'm on eggshells more than before, but this could be in my head after driving the F1.

Miura is another big one. I had it pretty squared away as stock + a few power upgrades to around 385hp, but now I had to add a wing and larger/wider tires to get anywhere near my times on Brands Hatch (about 1:33's, no assists, sports softs) That feels like it should be a crime, adding a wing to that beauty, so I know I wasn't using a wing before!

I'm jumping back in to test some of the quicker cars that still have their previous lap records to see if anything else feels "off"

Yet another example of PD demonstrating it doesnt give a single **** about the player and instead is wholly and solely focused on the monetary opportunities that can be seized through the exploitation of the players.

Its 1 step forward and 3 steps back at this stage, the priority is the mtx economy, things like online lobbies with proper functionality, completing the single player experience and creating an enjoyable and fulfilling experience are last on the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another example of PD demonstrating it doesnt give a single **** about the player and instead is wholly and solely focused on the monetary opportunities that can be seized through the exploitation of the players.

Its 1 step forward and 3 steps back at this stage, the priority is the mtx economy, things like online lobbies with proper functionality, completing the single player experience and creating an enjoyable and fulfilling experience are last on the list.
..but only the parts of economy that make them money. They're in no rush to add selling cars, something that will benefit the players.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the graphics, I love the soundtrack, I love the engine sounds, I love driving the cars, I love tuning the cars. Everything else sucks balls… really no way else to put it. The economy sucks, Hagerty sucks, the single player format sucks, the chase the rabbit format of the races sucks, the online lobbies suck, the way they clearly plan to drip feed us content sucks. PD is completely out of touch.

Lastly, let us sell our damn cars. This is one of the most pathetically obvious tactics to force us to grind or utilize the mtx.

Last edited:
I love the graphics, I love the soundtrack, I love the engine sounds, I love driving the cars, I love tuning the cars. Everything else sucks balls… really no way else to put it. The economy sucks, Hagerty sucks, the single player format sucks, the chase the rabbit format of the races sucks, the online lobbies suck, the way they clearly plan to drip feed us content sucks. PD is completely out of touch.
I was gonna make a post very similar to this, along with some of the bone headed decisions PD makes, but I'm almost, almost overwhelmed at this point to try and have fun with this. I love love love the driving, the tracks, the "sim" part of it all. But holy guacamole, so many things actively are fighting against me to try and keep going.

Lastly, let us sell our damn cars. This is one of the most pathetically obvious tactics to force us to grind or utilize the mtx.
Yes yes and yes... I can't put my finger on it, but there is this overarching feeling of dread. Like you're enjoying the experience of your rolling wheels on the tarmac but the road was built by slaves.

yep

Maybe it's my perspective on this, but let's go ALL the way back to Prologue. The single player there was about the same, not spectacular. IN GT6, they did little to improve it.

So, REALLY, the crap single player has had 14 years to be better....and it's not.

Lobbies are worse with every iteration. Prologue had great SONY HOSTED lobbies. You joined a race that matched the PP of your car. Sony Hosted Lobbies....IMAGINE THAT!!

GT5 expanded the lobby features - GREAT! Remember timers??? Remember when the host could set the race to start every 15 minutes?

You know, I think they are lying about the number of actual developers in the team. I think there's a handful...Like, I mean, maybe a dozen. Not 100, or 300 (as Kaz stated) or 1000 like CoD has...I think it's like 12 people.

Why? Engine swaps. GT5 showed that the ability has existed for a long time, at least since Prologue in 2008 (same engine as GT5). But, here in 2022, the feature is officially added. The core of the feature is there for over a decade, and now it's available...That's not a 300 people feature...that's just some menu work.

Widebodies? I love it, it's cool, it's probably the best feature in the game, but it's core is essentially the real time tessellation that they talked about in GT6 (aside from the widebody kits, which are new art). Tire scaling has also been around since GT5 (the Miura would get fat tires if you put after market wheels on it)..again, not a 300 person feature.

Then there's all the features that have been pulled....

Aside from the new cars, which can be outsourced, what have supposedly 300 people done?

So, they sell me the same game, AGAIN, with some warmed over improvements, a WHOLE BUNCH of removed features, and then they try to put me over a barrel and force me into buying credits? Pathetic.

yep

Maybe it's my perspective on this, but let's go ALL the way back to Prologue. The single player there was about the same, not spectacular. IN GT6, they did little to improve it.

So, REALLY, the crap single player has had 14 years to be better....and it's not.

Lobbies are worse with every iteration. Prologue had great SONY HOSTED lobbies. You joined a race that matched the PP of your car. Sony Hosted Lobbies....IMAGINE THAT!!

GT5 expanded the lobby features - GREAT! Remember timers??? Remember when the host could set the race to start every 15 minutes?

You know, I think they are lying about the number of actual developers in the team. I think there's a handful...Like, I mean, maybe a dozen. Not 100, or 300 (as Kaz stated) or 1000 like CoD has...I think it's like 12 people.

Why? Engine swaps. GT5 showed that the ability has existed for a long time, at least since Prologue in 2008 (same engine as GT5). But, here in 2022, the feature is officially added. The core of the feature is there for over a decade, and now it's available...That's not a 300 people feature...that's just some menu work.

Widebodies? I love it, it's cool, it's probably the best feature in the game, but it's core is essentially the real time tessellation that they talked about in GT6 (aside from the widebody kits, which are new art). Tire scaling has also been around since GT5 (the Miura would get fat tires if you put after market wheels on it)..again, not a 300 person feature.

Then there's all the features that have been pulled....

Aside from the new cars, which can be outsourced, what have supposedly 300 people done?

So, they sell me the same game, AGAIN, with some warmed over improvements, a WHOLE BUNCH of removed features, and then they try to put me over a barrel and force me into buying credits? Pathetic.
Well a good 30 of them are credited for scapes.

The '94 F1 was the biggest one. It went from being one of my favorite road cars to being way too "slippery"; if it wasn't an overall change, something definitely was changed on that car. Went from being one of the best super cars in the game in 1.13 to nearly un-drivable in 1.15.

GT40 Mark I is kind of similar, but I can still put up pretty good laps. Just feels like I'm on eggshells more than before, but this could be in my head after driving the F1.

Miura is another big one. I had it pretty squared away as stock + a few power upgrades to around 385hp, but now I had to add a wing and larger/wider tires to get anywhere near my times on Brands Hatch (about 1:33's, no assists, sports softs) That feels like it should be a crime, adding a wing to that beauty, so I know I wasn't using a wing before!

I'm jumping back in to test some of the quicker cars that still have their previous lap records to see if anything else feels "off"
Well, I don't have the F1 and the Miura but just test drove the GT40 a few days ago and it feels a bit too stable for me? I thought it doesn't have enough torque on 2nd gear lol but I'll try the car again in a few hours.

Well, I don't have the F1 and the Miura but just test drove the GT40 a few days ago and it feels a bit too stable for me? I thought it doesn't have enough torque on 2nd gear lol but I'll try the car again in a few hours.
To be fair, a high torque car is more of an issue in the wet. I have had the pleasure to drive a Pantera GTS and a few other high torque cars, and in the dry, they pretty much just go. Even with wheel spin, it's not undriveable. The cars in the game are a bit too slick on dry pavement.

For a while now they have been trying to emulate the cars in their original state, with their original tires. Bias play tires are horrible compared to modern radials (my opinion, lets not go off on a tangent). The problem is that they build that crazy feeling from the tires in to the chassis of the car, so no matter what tires you put on the car, it always feels like crap. What they should do is have another class of tire called "original" that contains all the slippery aspects.
Well a good 30 of them are credited for scapes.
I was just chatting with a buddy of mine about their supposed dev count. This is a great example. The entire scapes feature is a two person job in terms of programming and menu art (not to mention it's a carry over from GTSport, which carries over from GT6, etc, etc). Sending photographers around to shoot photos isn't REALLY game dev. Yes, they should be credited, and yes, strictly speaking, they had input in the development, but when I think of the dev team, I think of the people who are hands on with the game on a daily basis. The people who have actual input into the experience.

Based on what we see in GT7, I am thinking that team is actually extremely small. I would say that it has become obvious that Sony is in "cash cow" mode on this.

Last edited:
Been lurking these forums for a while, but made an account to echo my thoughts. I'm not really sure who this game is for in its current state - people who were sold on the "back to form with lots of singleplayer content" marketing are pretty disappointed, as are the people who are mainly interested in online (either casually or competitively) given the game has less features and functionality than GT:S had. I'm getting more jaded as time goes on, given the first 3 updates were pretty mediocre, and GT:S had way more content in its monthly updates at the start of its life cycle. Also feeling pretty cynical regarding that "To our fans: an apology" letter from Kaz & PD; despite how much it seemed to say the right things, nothing fundamental has been fixed since they put it out two and a half months ago. Basic, advertised functionality like selling cars is MIA, content for single player is very sparse (which is baffling, given the hard work of actually making the tracks is done! All you have to do is generate some race parameters!), while online still has lots of feature, functionality, and stability issues.

The core racing feel of the game feels sublime, and as such I really want to like this game, but it's hard to see past the issues. It's hard to get a read from PD where they want to take the game and focus on things, and honestly outside of the core racing, the only thing that feels like it had a lot of care and attention put into it is the scapes system? I wish there was more functionality to the custom race maker, and the ability to save a preconfigured race and share it with others online like we can do with liveries. At this point my feeling is it's clear PD isn't going to put out the singleplayer content, so at least give the community the tools to make content for itself.

Been lurking these forums for a while, but made an account to echo my thoughts. I'm not really sure who this game is for in its current state - people who were sold on the "back to form with lots of singleplayer content" marketing are pretty disappointed, as are the people who are mainly interested in online (either casually or competitively) given the game has less features and functionality than GT:S had. I'm getting more jaded as time goes on, given the first 3 updates were pretty mediocre, and GT:S had way more content in its monthly updates at the start of its life cycle. Also feeling pretty cynical regarding that "To our fans: an apology" letter from Kaz & PD; despite how much it seemed to say the right things, nothing fundamental has been fixed since they put it out two and a half months ago. Basic, advertised functionality like selling cars is MIA, content for single player is very sparse (which is baffling, given the hard work of actually making the tracks is done! All you have to do is generate some race parameters!), while online still has lots of feature, functionality, and stability issues.

The core racing feel of the game feels sublime, and as such I really want to like this game, but it's hard to see past the issues. It's hard to get a read from PD where they want to take the game and focus on things, and honestly outside of the core racing, the only thing that feels like it had a lot of care and attention put into it is the scapes system? I wish there was more functionality to the custom race maker, and the ability to save a preconfigured race and share it with others online like we can do with liveries. At this point my feeling is it's clear PD isn't going to put out the singleplayer content, so at least give the community the tools to make content for itself.
I resigned myself to the (apparent) fact that they were spending less time on single player content and lobbies in order to promote their World Series races, and they were trying to funnel everyone in that direction by limiting everything else. But they’ve mucked those events up so badly with screen freezes and such that I can’t imagine this is getting their best efforts either. It seems like either all their efforts are in their scapes goofiness, or they are just completely incompetent. Either way, like you I can’t get a read on what it is they are trying to do here.

I'm not really sure who this game is for in its current state
This really is the biggest thing. If you look at the game at it's bare bones function, it's incredibly clear that the pieces that fit together please very few. The single player is a joke - the problems that have plagued the series since GT4 really have not even been attempted in being fixed, that or they're fixed in a very roundabout and ultimately useless way that it makes you wonder why they bothered, and it's not helped by the fact that it doesn't matter how much content to the single player portion gets added, that as long as they don't fix the difficulty (and lack of any real, clear direction on that front) and the entire structure of the races to eliminate the chase the rabbit formula once and for all, it's going to please no one who actually has a more then passing interest in racing games. The online portion of the community is pissed off that the game more or less apes off of GT Sport's online system and somehow cuts it back in terms of functionality and stability, with very little if any changes to Sport Mode, and anyone who's looking for an actual somewhat sim experience are turned off because Polyphony have more or less abdicated fixing the FFB issues in their officially branded wheels, which leaves them with even more egg on their face that they show no care in trying to clean up.

So, three months in, what is there really to show for except a drip feed of content that doesn't even come close to fixing half the problems that this game faces? What point is there in staying around when you're basically saying to people, willingly, and having fans parrot, 'come back in a year and a half, the game might be better then?' Why should I bother even joining the game at that point if the structural problems and rot endemic to the GT series hasn't been at all fixed?

It's hard to get a read from PD where they want to take the game and focus on things,
This too is a major factor that doesn't get enough play. Polyphony has absolutely no communication with the fan base, it only comes from the top when they deem it needed, and for a live service game, they need to be more proactive in that regard. Their patch notes going back to GT Sport were notoriously unhelpful in getting across what they were changing, often times completely omitting changes and letting fans figure it out (that there is a long running series of undocumented changes threads for both GTS and GT7 pains me greatly) and 95% of the actual in game content simply comes from Kaz posting a picture with silhouettes and leaves fans to guess what the cars might be. The rest of the time, the official series accounts post more or less fluff, and it makes you wonder if they realize that you need to do more if you intend on making this a live service game. But like so many other facets, Polyphony believes they can simply move to the beat of their own drum when that has not worked in the slightest, and every passing day is further proof of that.

Last edited:
What is the future of GT? Nobody knows. Kaz claimed that GT7 would be a mixture of the past, present and future of GT but whilst we know the past was the single player modes, the present was the online Sport Mode/esports Championships stuff, what was the future? They seem to have forgotten that part, and with no interviews, we have zero idea where they want to take this series even in the short term, never mind the long term.

"We're gonna update the game with a bit more of the stuff already in it" is the best they've managed.

What is the future of GT? Nobody knows. Kaz claimed that GT7 would be a mixture of the past, present and future of GT but whilst we know the past was the single player modes, the present was the online Sport Mode/esports Championships stuff, what was the future? They seem to have forgotten that part, and with no interviews, we have zero idea where they want to take this series even in the short term, never mind the long term.

"We're gonna update the game with a bit more of the stuff already in it" is the best they've managed.
Sophy in a mentoring role was the future Kaz was talking about. No idea who is waiting for an AI trainer but that seemed to be his plan for Sophy. PSVR 2 is coming as well, yet I'm not going to expect much from GT7 in that regards to avoid more disappointment.

The rest of the time, the official series accounts post more or less fluff

we’re going on two weeks without the fluff, even! while kaz retweeted something about the Toyota cup, the official channel went from posting 2 Interaction Farms a day to literally nothing. even the News item regarding force feedback, dated May 27, hasn’t been corrected (to reflect the correct spelling of the word “Notice”).

Sophy in a mentoring role was the future Kaz was talking about. No idea who is waiting for an AI trainer but that seemed to be his plan for Sophy. PSVR 2 is coming as well, yet I'm not going to expect much from GT7 in that regards to avoid more disappointment.
My neighbour is set on getting a PS5 for numerous games but one of them is GT7. He has high hopes to race online in VR. I haven't said anything because I really want IRL friends to race with. Is this wrong?

Thank you.

The future is more microtransactions

We all seem frustrated because we know GT7 has everything in its core to be the racing game of the century.

Its like PD has the feet on the pedal brake for whatever reason:
"Wow game could be too good, we have to make it worse to let them hope better in GT8 and still has something to sale in the future"
Something like that maybe...

I consider this guy to be the ultimate casual style enjoyer of Gran Turismo. Only races road cars, has tons of fun fixing them up and racing against AI. I believe his views are likely a reflection of a significant portion of the audience.

him loving the cafe says everything.

Latest Posts

Back