This game does everything in its power to demotivate me to play it

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 540 comments
it's just that these microtransactions have been implemented in such an idiotic way that I cannot believe that the person who made this decision actually expected to sell any significant number of them.
They certainly were an easy way out at the launch of the game when people were grinding Fisherman's Ranch for literal peanuts in terms of pay, but really, they're still in the background, and with the culling of Tomahawk grinding, plus the announced raising of Legendary vehicle prices, I have no doubt that they're going to see more use again.

I know it seems to much to be coincidence, but I just find it incredibly difficult to believe that the issues with game's economy were done purposefully to "push people towards microtransactions".

But it's not because I believe PD "too good" to do something like that, I wouldn't put it past them at all, it's just that these microtransactions have been implemented in such an idiotic way that I cannot believe that the person who made this decision actually expected to sell any significant number of them.

A freshman business major who slept through half of their "Intro to Pricing Strategy" class could have told PD that this was a terrible idea. The entire point of microtransactions is that they're micro, so that as you're playing the game and are about to spend an hour grinding, you think to yourself "hmm, I could just pay $2 and I won't have to do this grind. My times worth way more than that let's do it". At the current pricing, nobody is tempted by this.

There are literally adults who work full time who do not make enough per hour for it to be cheaper to buy MTX than to just do the grind, which again completely defeats the purpose of MTX in the first place. I think PD could drop the price of the MTX by 15 even 20 times and they'd still end up with considerable more total sales than they have now. It's just so mind bendingly stupid it's hard to see this being anyone's evil master plan.

So, why then is the economy ****ed and the MTX so expensive? I have no idea. A charitable guess would be that the economy is ****ed bc PD is planning to have super high paying events later (eg 100 million from Lewis Hamilton dlc in GTS) and they just didn't expect so many people to want all the cars so quickly. In this scenario, maybe Sony required MTX and so PD priced them extremely high in order to discourage people from buying them and hoping they'd just wait around for high paying events.

A more cynical guess would be maybe PD are just greedy and they're just ****ing terrible at econometrics. The truth is likely somewhere between the two, but it's strange nonetheless.
You would be surprised how easily tempted people can be despite the apparent high cost. Even some users here, the most dedicated players of the game surely least likely to buy them, say they have.

PD certainly don't expect millions of people to be buying the most expensive one but they do expect a lot of people to be tempted once or twice. They also expect people to be tempted into the smaller one several times over a few months, all adding up.

Then of course you have the whales who have no issue spending hundreds or thousands of dollars to get some cars.

I've said it before, a lot of planning and thought has absolutely gone into these to make them as profitable as possible. They're not just whimsically priced and hope for the best.

@Goshin2568 The economy is ****ed because the game features car prices ranging from 10,000 to 20,000,000. There is no way to balance that in a game where you don't really progress from low end to high end cars. 20 mil buys you 1 LCD car or 57 GR.4 cars.

Still MTX aren't even balanced for lower end cars. $2.50 only gets you 100K credits, you can shop around the UCD with that. Or do one of the high payout races and you have 825K in less than half an hour.

No idea who the prices are aimed at. $200 for a 20 mil car, $30 for a GR.1 car, $4.50 for a GR.3 car, $1.50 for a set of racing tires... (based on the $20 for 2 million credits)

A freshman business major who slept through half of their "Intro to Pricing Strategy" class could have told PD that this was a terrible idea. The entire point of microtransactions is that they're micro, so that as you're playing the game and are about to spend an hour grinding, you think to yourself "hmm, I could just pay $2 and I won't have to do this grind. My times worth way more than that let's do it". At the current pricing, nobody is tempted by this.
It depends on which model PD has decided to push with their microtransactions. More modern one doesn't rely on so called whales as much as ones that were popular 5+ years ago (and long before that).
But since PD are stuck in the past in so many ways, I wouldn't be surprised they are still following the old model where those "whales" that don't have a problem spending a few thousands is exactly their goal.

Being a MMO player for decades I have certainly seen plenty of those whales myself. 10, 15, 20k a month? There's no limit. And it gets worse if the environment is competitive (Not really GT7's case, though, as money can only save one time, but don't provide any advantage in "pvp" modes) as they start to compete with each other for the best/strongest character/gear on the server.

Hard to say if that's really PD's goal or them just being so out touch with reality and actually think that the "slower grind" is what will keep players around longer instead of actually having some content and more meaningful monthly updates (yeah, 3 boring cars and 9 races with low payouts, in 1/3 of which AI cheats with their pit stop times is not gonna cut for a month worth of new content).

Last edited:
You would be surprised how easily tempted people can be despite the apparent high cost. Even some users here, the most dedicated players of the game surely least likely to buy them, say they have.

PD certainly don't expect millions of people to be buying the most expensive one but they do expect a lot of people to be tempted once or twice. They also expect people to be tempted into the smaller one several times over a few months, all adding up.

Then of course you have the whales who have no issue spending hundreds or thousands of dollars to get some cars.

I've said it before, a lot of planning and thought has absolutely gone into these to make them as profitable as possible. They're not just whimsically priced and hope for the best.
I mean sure. When I said "nobody" I didn't mean literally zero people, I meant in comparison to what it would be if it were significantly cheaper. If you could buy 1 million credits for $1 (or even less!), you'd have like half of the active playerbase of single player doing it, likely over and over again. For a digital product that has zero cost to produce, total revenue is all that matters not profit per unit.

If the price of milk doubled from like $4 to $8, they might be able to squeeze some extra profit there. For most people this is only a few extra dollars a month and so if they like milk they'll probably just complain but ultimately pay it. But if milk jumped to $40/gallon, they wouldn't make more money because 99% of people would just stop drinking milk, or at least drastically reduce their consumption. This is the same situation just starting the other way around.

VR
I've seen multiple accounts of this line of reasoning both on these forums and on Reddit that the players who grind Tokyo on Tomahawk just simply don't understand how to play the game "correctly". Given that most players somehow were able to play previous installations of GT in the way it was intended, I find it odd that a significant proportion of the playerbase just somehow collectively lost their minds somewhere between the release of GT Sport and GT 7 and decided that they want to play GT 7 in the most repetitive and least enjoyable way possible. Or, you know, perhaps there's an issue with the game design?

Imagine this fictional conversation with your past self and a representative of PD
You: Man, I cant wait to play the next installment of GT finally returning to its roots so I can again experience the different cars and racing disciplines while earning all the wonderful different cars GT has to offer!
PD: Yeah, we're not gonna have a career mode. You'll spend a few weeks doing catch up events with rolling starts which sort of resembles racing and you can earn some cars while you're at it. It'll be shortlived though. We call them the Menu Books. After that there are of course Circuit experiences and Missions akin to previous games.
You: Well that doesn't sound so bad, I can just experience the single player in a different way then while still collecting my favourite cars.
PD: Actually, most of the stuff in our single player doesn't reward you with much of anything in terms of credits or cars so if you're into collecting cars you're out of luck. We do have some lottery tickets though which can award you a customized suspension for your '14 Golf GTI - if you're lucky, that is.
You: Ok... So how do I buy cars then? I thought that was kind of the thing in GT games.
PD: We'll, you can play the game like we intended and earn a coveted collectable every 4 months or so. Or... you can repeatedly drive Spa 24h, Le Mans or a fictional track event if you'd rather earn them in a more reasonable timeframe.
You: That... doesn't sound great, although I do love Spa and I hear that the weather effects and driving in the night will look amazing. I'll just do a few races here and there and then spend the rest of my time doing what I actually enjoy and buy the cars when I feel like it.
PD: Except you can't. We decided that the rarest cars will show up for sale between intervals of a month or two for a window of few days. If you happen to fancy a McLaren F1, it'll be worth 12 to 13 24h Spa events or in terms of time invested, 12-13 hours. So better get those tire strategies ready!
You: That sounds a bit rough. I have a job, wife and two kids, how am I supposed to find the time for that? I'd also rather not wait for two months for it to show up again.
PD: Well, we actually have an event just for that. Basically you drive around the streets of Tokyo in an endless loop in something that looks like a mix of a Red Bull concept car and the Batmobile and is in every imaginable way the antithesis of a real driving experience. To add some flavour, you'll occasionally crash into the much slower AI vehicles and be rewarded with a time penalty and a temporary breakdown to the cars handling. Sounds great right?
You: ...
Pretty much nailed it.

I mean sure. When I said "nobody" I didn't mean literally zero people, I meant in comparison to what it would be if it were significantly cheaper. If you could buy 1 million credits for $1 (or even less!), you'd have like half of the active playerbase of single player doing it, likely over and over again. For a digital product that has zero cost to produce, total revenue is all that matters not profit per unit.

If the price of milk doubled from like $4 to $8, they might be able to squeeze some extra profit there. For most people this is only a few extra dollars a month and so if they like milk they'll probably just complain but ultimately pay it. But if milk jumped to $40/gallon, they wouldn't make more money because 99% of people would just stop drinking milk, or at least drastically reduce their consumption. This is the same situation just starting the other way around.
It depends if there are enough people that can/will pay 40. Obviously you don't need me to tell you that they need far less people buying the expensive ones to make more money than lots of people buying the cheaper ones, in terms of MTs.

These practices are not new, these companies have a lot of data and how best to make the most $. I agree with you, logic to us outsiders says cheaper MTs would make more $ but evidently they know better than us. They're not silly, they must know the $20 ones will sell.

I assume they also know that whilst some people will look at it logically, and work out the cost of individual cars and scoff, as you highlighted, I'd imagine there are plenty who don't, and just see the MTs as topping up their balance to spend on whatever they want. They don't take the second to realise how much cars are costing them.

I know it seems to much to be coincidence, but I just find it incredibly difficult to believe that the issues with game's economy were done purposefully to "push people towards microtransactions".

But it's not because I believe PD "too good" to do something like that, I wouldn't put it past them at all, it's just that these microtransactions have been implemented in such an idiotic way that I cannot believe that the person who made this decision actually expected to sell any significant number of them.

There are literally adults who work full time who do not make enough per hour for it to be cheaper to buy MTX than to just do the grind, which again completely defeats the purpose of MTX in the first place. I think PD could drop the price of the MTX by 15 even 20 times and they'd still end up with considerable more total sales than they have now. It's just so mind bendingly stupid it's hard to see this being anyone's evil master plan.

So, why then is the economy ****ed and the MTX so expensive? I have no idea. A charitable guess would be that the economy is ****ed bc PD is planning to have super high paying events later (eg 100 million from Lewis Hamilton dlc in GTS) and they just didn't expect so many people to want all the cars so quickly. In this scenario, maybe Sony required MTX and so PD priced them extremely high in order to discourage people from buying them and hoping they'd just wait around for high paying events.

A more cynical guess would be maybe PD are just greedy and they're just ****ing terrible at econometrics. The truth is likely somewhere between the two, but it's strange nonetheless.
You forget about the fact the whole business of MTX is to psychologically manipulate people into buying them.

That's the main reason why the economy was so blatantly paying out peanuts for payouts when it was deliberately structured by design to push people towards MTX regardless of their pricing.

You forget about the fact the whole business of MTX is to psychologically manipulate people into buying them.

That's the main reason why the economy was so blatantly paying out peanuts for payouts when it was deliberately structured by design to push people towards MTX regardless of their pricing.
You're absolutely right but you gotta admit pricing of MTX in GT7 is strange at best. This game's monetization makes little sense.

The Roulette is a perfect candidate for monetization but is somehow unscathed by it. Some of you might call it an un-monetized lootbox system and you'd be right. All the marks of lootboxes are there, it only needs to be hooked to real money. Drip feeding one ticket per day, undisclosed drop odds, things fully locked behind them (Brand Central invites, engine swaps, special tuning parts)... It really is illogical that it's impossible to obtain more tickets in a day through MTX.

I kinda believe PoDi did mean for tickets to be purchasable but if they were to greenlight it, GT7 wouldn't be released in Belgium and Netherlands because of their gambling laws, which would be a huge PR blow. Thus, Roulette continues to be a system that's pointless from all relevant standpoints, be it business (it's unmonetized), developer (wasted dev time), or the end user (it's inaccessible).

Nothing else makes sense when I try to explain Roulette's inaccessibility. It's not even partially hooked to the current MTX to let us buy tickets for in-game credits. Said laws probably prevent PoDi from doing even this, which again takes us back to bad PR.

PoDi were probably told by Sony that the game has to feature MTX or else, so PoDi - being paragons of justice strongly opposed to MTX aspects of video games - made them bad on purpose in a "malicious compliance" move to stick it to Sony.

That, or they can't even properly monetize a video game in a predatory manner.

Carry over the online vs offline discussion to here, the economics of it are probably the single greatest demotivator.

I can enter a cake walk Single Player race, that I despise, and get myself 500,000 cr OR I can have a proper challenge, where a win is rare and hard earned, and I get like 10000cr. What's the point here? What's the strategy? Why are they pushing me toward single player?

Carry over the online vs offline discussion to here, the economics of it are probably the single greatest demotivator.

I can enter a cake walk Single Player race, that I despise, and get myself 500,000 cr OR I can have a proper challenge, where a win is rare and hard earned, and I get like 10000cr. What's the point here? What's the strategy? Why are they pushing me toward single player?

Logically, if online were good for PD/Sony it’d be absolutely fine in GT7, at least as good as it was in Sport, but likely much, much better given the time they’ve had to improve.

But it isn’t, so either a) they’re completely incompetent, or b) they’re not bothered with it any more, or even actively want it to fail. I don’t think a) is the case, so, much as it might pain regular online players to admit it, it’s more likely b). That they had to add the offline league to Sport perhaps taught them a lesson.

What does PD/Sony get out of online races? Is perhaps setting the races/rules/penalties too bothersome and taxing? Do enough people actually race online to justify the effort? (My impression of doing online stuff in Sport, admittedly late in the lifecycle, was that there were relatively few people doing it, in the 400 or so races I ever did I ‘met ‘ the same people again and again and again, which considering the servers covered all Europe/Russia/ME/Africa is pretty amazing.)

It’s been mentioned before, but if PD had just updated Sport for the online crowd, then made GT7 entirely offline, they might’ve been on to something.

Logically, if online were good for PD/Sony it’d be absolutely fine in GT7, at least as good as it was in Sport, but likely much, much better given the time they’ve had to improve.

But it isn’t, so either a) they’re completely incompetent, or b) they’re not bothered with it any more, or even actively want it to fail. I don’t think a) is the case, so, much as it might pain regular online players to admit it, it’s more likely b). That they had to add the offline league to Sport perhaps taught them a lesson.

What does PD/Sony get out of online races? Is perhaps setting the races/rules/penalties too bothersome and taxing? Do enough people actually race online to justify the effort? (My impression of doing online stuff in Sport, admittedly late in the lifecycle, was that there were relatively few people doing it, in the 400 or so races I ever did I ‘met ‘ the same people again and again and again, which considering the servers covered all Europe/Russia/ME/Africa is pretty amazing.)

It’s been mentioned before, but if PD had just updated Sport for the online crowd, then made GT7 entirely offline, they might’ve been on to something.
Personally (conspiracy theory time) I think they want to dump multiplayer in favour of Sophy.

Why? Servers cost money. So, make a single server that hosts AI that emulates other players. It's cheaper.

You're absolutely right but you gotta admit pricing of MTX in GT7 is strange at best. This game's monetization makes little sense.

The Roulette is a perfect candidate for monetization but is somehow unscathed by it. Some of you might call it an un-monetized lootbox system and you'd be right. All the marks of lootboxes are there, it only needs to be hooked to real money. Drip feeding one ticket per day, undisclosed drop odds, things fully locked behind them (Brand Central invites, engine swaps, special tuning parts)... It really is illogical that it's impossible to obtain more tickets in a day through MTX.

I kinda believe PoDi did mean for tickets to be purchasable but if they were to greenlight it, GT7 wouldn't be released in Belgium and Netherlands because of their gambling laws, which would be a huge PR blow. Thus, Roulette continues to be a system that's pointless from all relevant standpoints, be it business (it's unmonetized), developer (wasted dev time), or the end user (it's inaccessible).

Nothing else makes sense when I try to explain Roulette's inaccessibility. It's not even partially hooked to the current MTX to let us buy tickets for in-game credits. Said laws probably prevent PoDi from doing even this, which again takes us back to bad PR.

PoDi were probably told by Sony that the game has to feature MTX or else, so PoDi - being paragons of justice strongly opposed to MTX aspects of video games - made them bad on purpose in a "malicious compliance" move to stick it to Sony.

That, or they can't even properly monetize a video game in a predatory manner.
Non-purchasable loot boxes are a wild west in general, especially since odds disclosure rule (something I've advocated for GT7; there is an unofficial drop rate analysis btw) don't apply to these things. (I asked about this issue during the "virtual rain delay" here.)

However, there is a belief that from getting (low amount of) credits from the tickets you are pushed to buy credits to make up for it (the "Top Up from PS Store" during credit addition part after you got that is the issue to those who thought so).

Personally (conspiracy theory time) I think they want to dump multiplayer in favour of Sophy.

Why? Servers cost money. So, make a single server that hosts AI that emulates other players. It's cheaper.
Well, that’s certainly a more likely reason than incompetence. Obviously, at the sharp end with the star racers and the FIA/Academy stuff they’ll want to keep it, but I’m not so sure the DR A, B,C levels should continue. In my experience it just creates loads of aggro and stress for the players anyway. If they didn’t link trophies to it I think uptake would be minuscule. If I’d not needed the 91 wins or whatever it was for the trophy there’s no way I’d have done more than a handful of races online, and I suspect I’m closer to the ‘average’ player than many on this forum. I think 7 asks for 50 races for the trophy, and I expect many people have done the 50 then just straight stopped. If PD know that it isn’t a good player experience they’d be nuts to keep chucking resources into it.

It's questions like this, which obviously don't have an answer, which really makes me want someone to sit down with Kaz and actually ask the hard questions. Not the gimmes.

The other obvious example is the single player design choice that has been there since a GT5 patch. Why? Why is almost every race a catch up format? We can draw our own conclusions, but we've never heard it from PD. Nor have we heard an explanation for the roulette system, or the invitation system, or so many other design choices. I want to hear the intentions from the horses mouth.

Last edited:
Listening to Moon Over The Castle saddens me now. I think I love this franchise a bit too much lol

And for the people who love this game, I envy you because I couldn't. I enjoy casually driving in this game but that's about it right now because of the state of it. I just don't have the same feeling as I was back then, this is more of a me problem though.

Well what they get out of online racing is marketing and longevity. Single player games fall off pretty quickly as the vast majority of the players move on to something else withing the first few months. Online games can go years.

4 years into GT sport's life, Super GT (who's probably the largest GT content creator) was getting over 5 million views a month on youtube making almost exclusively sport mode videos. And they weren't super short super clickbait, these are 20 minute videos with titles like "GT Sport: This Race Was Really Close". And he's good, but not even like a top level esports driver.

His videos alone likely sold hundreds of thousands of copies of the game over the years. And that's just Super GT, add in all the other youtubers and streamers and the numbers are even higher. Thats about the best free marketing a game developer could ask for, especially 4 years into the life of a game.

That is the massive benefit of sport mode. Because it's always something new and it's inherently competetive, it's easy for it to provide entertaining content for years. No one would be getting 5 million views a month making single player gameplay content 4 years into a GT game.

Last edited:
Well, that’s certainly a more likely reason than incompetence. Obviously, at the sharp end with the star racers and the FIA/Academy stuff they’ll want to keep it, but I’m not so sure the DR A, B,C levels should continue. In my experience it just creates loads of aggro and stress for the players anyway. If they didn’t link trophies to it I think uptake would be minuscule. If I’d not needed the 91 wins or whatever it was for the trophy there’s no way I’d have done more than a handful of races online, and I suspect I’m closer to the ‘average’ player than many on this forum. I think 7 asks for 50 races for the trophy, and I expect many people have done the 50 then just straight stopped. If PD know that it isn’t a good player experience they’d be nuts to keep chucking resources into it.
Pretty much every game is propped up by it's online community. Fifa, Madden, Cod, etc, etc.

Single Player isn't a good experience, yet they still keep on doing it the same way.
It's questions like this, which obviously don't have an answer, which really makes me want someone to sit down with Kaz and actually ask the hard questions. Not the gimmes.

The other obvious example is the single player design choice that has been there since a GT5 patch. Why? Why is almost every race a catch up format? We can draw our own conclusions, but we've never heard it from PD. Nor have we heard an explanation for the roulette system, or the invitation system, or so many other design choices. I want to hear the intentions from the horses mouth.
All signs point to money. Spend as little as possible, make as much as possible. This iteration shows this more than any other.

Hopefully, as with the single player in GTS, the public reaction is going to cause some kind of action in the short term, rather than in a decade as is the case with engine swaps.

Ha! I did that earlier on, switched it on & just couldn't be arsed.
I think this is becoming the norm, and this data is tracked. My friends, who have been HARDCORE, have abandoned it. I spend more time working on the hack than actually playing the game. I spend more time discussing it than playing it

discussing its faults is more entertaining.

Last edited:
Polyphony has been putting MTX in their games for years. They wanted to sell a game where it was essentially the iRacing model but with none of iRacing's benefits, you needed to buy your cars and tracks separately. They are not opposed to it in any way, they gladly add them by their own decision.

Well what they get out of online racing is marketing and longevity. Single player games fall off pretty quickly as the vast majority of the players move on to something else withing the first few months. Online games can go years.

4 years into GT sport's life, Super GT (who's probably the largest GT content creator) was getting over 5 million views a month on youtube making almost exclusively sport mode videos. And they weren't super short super clickbait, these are 20 minute videos with titles like "GT Sport: This Race Was Really Close". And he's good, but not even like a top level esports driver.

His videos alone likely sold hundreds of thousands of copies of the game over the years. And that's just Super GT, add in all the other youtubers and streamers and the numbers are even higher. Thats about the best free marketing a game developer could ask for, especially 4 years into the life of a game.

That is the massive benefit of sport mode. Because it's always something new and it's inherently competetive, it's easy for it to provide entertaining content for years. No one would be getting 5 million views a month making single player gameplay content 4 years into a GT game.
This doesn’t at all explain why, if it’s important for PD and Sony, online is such a mess in 7.

You reckon it’s just incompetence, then?

I get the longevity argument, but does a thin tail of players still doing online races years after most have moved on to other things really do much for PD or Sony? Even if they do make videos to entertain each other.

Last edited:
What I don’t understand is what the people who like/ enjoy this game are getting out of threads where people clearly don’t enjoy the game.

Any thread that reflects negatively on GT7 is full of people complaining about other people complaining. It seems a little baffling at this point. You hate the complaining, but you’re also very much entertaining it by joining the discussion. [...]
To keep 'em on their toes :lol:

Because we (more like I) think that there are more important ways of spending your time then slaving away at video game, but the caveat is this: you never had to actually do any of that. You can prioritize what you want. You're also not limited to playing only GT.

You could easily support a company that's making a competitive product that is the same quality or better. Hell, you can switch to a platform that is more consumer friendly than what Sony is providing. To me it looks like an online mass-tantrum about a disappointing release, that's all. Try something new. WRC and ACC were recently on sale. Assetto Corsa with mods is pretty beastly too (if you have a PC).

Individually, you'll have no effect on the market but at least you end up doing something you enjoy and playing a game that "respects your time". Unless you want all the toys at the start?

Go on. Bite.
[...]
[...]
[...]
That's sort of the impression I got from the pricing as well. They're pretty much not worth buying at this point in time and will probably become even more pointless as we get further into the game's life cycle. On the other hand, MTX can provide a significant amount of money to companies. It would be almost stupid not try to implement them in some form - still needs to be supported by a half-decent game though...

Regardless, I wouldn't put that much trust in any company, they are in the business of making money. I expect every decision they make to help themselves in some way. Grand revelation.

All we can do is speculate on why they make certain decisions, hence why I don't feel that strongly about any of this to begin within. Unless they made a massive blunder in regards to their customers found acceptable, why would PD do something that would hurt their reputation even further?

On the other hand, MTX can provide a significant amount of money to companies. It would be almost stupid not try to implement them in some form - still needs to be supported by a half-decent game though...
They only make so much money because the vast majority comes from like 0.2% of players who willingly dump hundreds or thousands into them.

To keep 'em on their toes :lol:

Because we (more like I) think that there are more important ways of spending your time then slaving away at video game, but the caveat is this: you never had to actually do any of that. You can prioritize what you want. You're also not limited to playing only GT.

You could easily support a company that's making a competitive product that is the same quality or better. Hell, you can switch to a platform that is more consumer friendly than what Sony is providing. To me it looks like an online mass-tantrum about a disappointing release, that's all. Try something new. WRC and ACC were recently on sale. Assetto Corsa with mods is pretty beastly too (if you have a PC).

Individually, you'll have no effect on the market but at least you end up doing something you enjoy and playing a game that "respects your time". Unless you want all the toys at the start?

Go on. Bite.

That's sort of the impression I got from the pricing as well. They're pretty much not worth buying at this point in time and will probably become even more pointless as we get further into the game's life cycle. On the other hand, MTX can provide a significant amount of money to companies. It would be almost stupid not try to implement them in some form - still needs to be supported by a half-decent game though...

Regardless, I wouldn't put that much trust in any company, they are in the business of making money. I expect every decision they make to help themselves in some way. Grand revelation.

All we can do is speculate on why they make certain decisions, hence why I don't feel that strongly about any of this to begin within. Unless they made a massive blunder in regards to their customers found acceptable, why would PD do something that would hurt their reputation even further?
All you’re saying here is “I don’t like how these people spend their time so I’m going to argue with them”. It’s bad when people complain, but it’s ok for you to complain because someone else complained first.

And again, the moment you take time out of your day to argue you’re very much contributing to the problem. Time that could be spent playing this game that you supposedly love.

I loaded the game today and just looked at the map for a bit before closing the game. Maybe I play again, maybe I don't.
I do two laps of Nordschliefe to receive my humiliation ticket then work on liveries. Don't even set the wheel up which means I am getting better with a controller. I know this game will get better; but sport mode kinda sucks now, in my opinion.

I can only speak for myself and I know myself well enough to know that if two million credits cost only $5 CAD or even $10 CAD rather than $26.99 CAD, I would have surely spent a hundred dollars by now because I'm not big on the single player.

Rather, I bought it once and kind of regret it. My city is too expensive and I'm not making enough at this time. But it did get me a few Gr3 cars which was necessary because I'm not a fan of grinding.

All you’re saying here is “I don’t like how these people spend their time so I’m going to argue with them”.
Yes. That's all it takes. I don't understand why I would need a greater justification than that. You can probably extend that to any argument you've had in your life. All that's left is justifying your position.
It’s bad when people complain, but it’s ok for you to complain because someone else complained first.
Huh? If people didn't say things I disagreed with... well there would be nothing to disagree with. It takes two to tango.
And again, the moment you take time out of your day to argue you’re very much contributing to the problem. Time that could be spent playing this game that you supposedly love.
So you can complain, but its bad when I complain after you? Complaining about the complainers complaining about complaining? I'm not particularly interested in people not complaining. Its not like it isn't entertaining either :lol:

I didn't claim anything about "loving" the game. I certainly enjoy it, but I have alternatives for when I don't.

They only make so much money because the vast majority comes from like 0.2% of players who willingly dump hundreds or thousands into them.
This changes nothing. If they make more money - especially long term - catering to whales compared to the money they lose from other players leaving, there's no financial incentive to focus on the majority of players. I don't know what you want me to say.

Back