This game does everything in its power to demotivate me to play it

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 540 comments
You’re funny, I like you! lol That’s what other games are for, if I want to drive X track, then I go do it in iR or ACC. Against, I fix my own issues, you do you though. 👍
That's an astounding fix, kudos.

If you want a game to improve don't badger the developers to make the improvements, just go play another game. Genius. That's really fixed the game.

Lol I can't believe they said this back in March.
We are in June.

"Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term updates we are working on. [...]

• Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
  • Further World Circuit event additions.
  • Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
  • Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
  • Make it so cars can be sold."
I said it at the time, near-term is the new 'Soon'.

Last edited:
That's an astounding fix, kudos.

If you want a game to improve don't badger the developers to make the improvements, just go play another game. Genius. That's really fixed the game.

Like I said, it’s PD’s game, they can make it however they want to. I’ll use the bits I like and go find other solutions for the bits I don’t. I don’t expect them to change anything just because “I” or anyone else wants it, that’s their choice. That’s life, you don’t always get what you’ want, or you have to find ways to get it yourself. Life sucks, get a helmet. 👍

Last edited:
I love being chided to because I correctly point out that Polyphony's game, and the way they create said game, is actively hostile to the end user and ultimately forces you to put in so much more time and especially money then it's actually worth, for very little reward, only to be told to 'suck it up, buttercup'.

I love being chided to because I correctly point out that Polyphony's game, and the way they create said game, is actively hostile to the end user and ultimately forces you to put in so much more time and especially money then it's actually worth, for very little reward, only to be told to 'suck it up, buttercup'.

You poor soul, would you like a cookie, or maybe a hero biscuit? Would that help? 😂

for example have an issue with the lack of control in lobbies. How exactly do we find the solution to problems like that ourselves?
He got good.

He's got a knack for hosting. Taught us in GT Sport. And is teaching us now in GT7.

Like I said, it’s PD’s game, they can make it however they want to. I’ll use the bits I like and go find other solutions for the bits I don’t. I do t expect them to change anything just because “I” or anyone else wants it, that’s their choice. That’s life, you don’t always get what you’ want, or you have to find ways to get it yourself. Life sucks, get a helmet. 👍
You're right, life does suck. But are you suggesting you've never once in your life personally asked someone to improve something to benefit yourself, or seen it happen with other people doing it? You've always just done everything yourself and if not possible, so be it? Because that's not how humanity has evolved over the years.

There are countless examples in gaming of backlash/feedback/whatever you want to call it having a direct effect on the game itself. You can't just pretend it doesn't happen.

If you want to stay quiet and hope for the best then you do you, but don't be surprised and confused that other people do see worth in trying to make a change. It's what makes the world move on.

He got good.

He's got a knack for hosting. Taught us in GT Sport. And is teaching us now in GT7.
Did he teach you how to change settings and tracks without closing the lobby and starting a new one?

Last edited:
I wonder how much they have made off of MTX. I'll admit that I got 2 million credits within the first couple of weeks of the game but once I realized how predatory the pricing was, I promised myself to never again buy credits.

This is why I like Pigems' solition. Stealing from greedy ****s is satisfying. But I probably won't do it because, just like grinding, I can't be bothered. A little bit of grinding like in previous titles was fine but this is on a while other level. I won't subject myself to such humiliation.

I haven't raced since Fuji, a month ago. I just do my two laps of Nordschliefe everyday and work on making liveries. I just want online races where I can use the slightest bit of strategy is all. Until then, my rig is collecting dust.

You poor soul, would you like a cookie, or maybe a hero biscuit? Would that help?
How do you think we even reached the point of where Tomahawk grinding was viable, if it wasn't for said criticisms and the fact that the in game economy was in absolute shambles, forcing you to grind Fisherman's Ranch for absolute peanuts, and Legendary car prices were through the roof? Taking into account that Tomahawk grinding is a complete band-aid solution for the in game economy and it's only kicked the issue down the road, to which it's now rearing its head once more now that Polyphony are raising prices for Legendary cars all across the board.

What I don’t understand is what the people who like/ enjoy this game are getting out of threads where people clearly don’t enjoy the game.

Any thread that reflects negatively on GT7 is full of people complaining about other people complaining. It seems a little baffling at this point. You hate the complaining, but you’re also very much entertaining it by joining the discussion.

If you like GT7, that’s great! Go play it then. And if you have issues with it, I don’t understand why you’re not allowed to voice those frustrations. I don’t know why people take criticism of a game so personally.

You're right, life does suck. But are you suggesting you've never once in your life personally asked someone to improve something to benefit yourself, or seen it happen with other people doing it? You've always just done everything yourself and if not possible, so be it? Because that's not how humanity has evolved over the years.

There are countless examples in gaming of backlash/feedback/whatever you want to call it having a direct effect on the game itself. You can't just pretend it doesn't happen.

If you want to stay quiet and hope for the best then you do you, but don't be surprised and confused that other people do see worth in trying to make a change. It's what makes the world move on.

Did he teach you how to change settings and tracks without closing the lobby and starting a new one?

Yes, I am in fact saying exactly that. I have never even asked for a raise in my life, I either get one, or I leave and go elsewhere. Or my boss either treats me properly, or I leave and go elsewhere. I do t waiting around for people to make changes, or even waste time asking for them, I make my own changes. I don’t expect anything, from anyone, ever. That way if they do do something good, it’s a pleasant surprise, anything less would just be the expected outcome.

Last edited:
I wonder how much they have made off of MTX. I'll admit that I got 2 million credits within the first couple of weeks of the game but once I realized how predatory the pricing was, I promised myself to never again buy credits.

This is why I like Pigems' solition. Stealing from greedy ****s is satisfying. But I probably won't do it because, just like grinding, I can't be bothered. A little bit of grinding like in previous titles was fine but this is on a while other level. I won't subject myself to such humiliation.

I haven't raced since Fuji, a month ago. I just do my two laps of Nordschliefe everyday and work on making liveries. I just want online races where I can use the slightest bit of strategy is all. Until then, my rig is collecting dust.

I didn’t wanna use the script at first either, but once I realized that it also let me stick it to PD by literally taking money out of there pockets by not buying MTX’s, or giving in and wasting my life away grinding, it was an easy choice.

Last edited:
If you like GT7, that’s great! Go play it then. And if you have issues with it, I don’t understand why you’re not allowed to voice those frustrations. I don’t know why people take criticism of a game so personally.
Good arguement. Months ago. After months it's increasing disingenuous hearing the same complaints from the same people. Ultimately it comes across less of a game issue and more about how they are too good for the game.

Nope, but we still run 7 races every Friday night without any issue at all, I found a way to make it work, instead up crossing my arms and just complaining about it. Now we get to race every week, instead of whatever it is that you guys do when you’re not complaining. 👍

Last edited:
After months it's increasing disingenuous hearing the same complaints from the same people.
No, not at all.

Ultimately it comes across less of a game issue and more about how they are too good for the game.
It's hard to not be too good for the game when the issues are wide ranging, and could be easily fixed to make a better game.

Too bad PD don't do that, and instead drive the game further into the hole.

What I don’t understand is what the people who like/ enjoy this game are getting out of threads where people clearly don’t enjoy the game.

Any thread that reflects negatively on GT7 is full of people complaining about other people complaining. It seems a little baffling at this point. You hate the complaining, but you’re also very much entertaining it by joining the discussion.

Everyone has a right to express their opinion(s).

We've all got a right to say that we have issues with a game. We've also got a right to say that we're enjoying that exact same game. Or maybe we like some bits of the game but we don't like some other bits.

That's the internet.

What we can't really do is to say "this is my opinion and no-one is allowed to argue with it." Well, you could try it, but I don't think you'll get very far.

You could take your last paragraph and reverse it and it would still make sense:

If you DON'T like GT7, that’s great! DON'T play it then. And if you have NO issues with it, I don’t understand why you’re not allowed to SAY SO. I don’t know why people take SUPPORT of a game so personally.

Everyone has a right to express their opinion(s).

We've all got a right to say that we have issues with a game. We've also got a right to say that we're enjoying that exact same game. Or maybe we like some bits of the game but we don't like some other bits.

That's the internet.

What we can't really do is to say "this is my opinion and no-one is allowed to argue with it." Well, you could try it, but I don't think you'll get very far.

You could take your last paragraph and reverse it and it would still make sense:

If you DON'T like GT7, that’s great! DON'T play it then. And if you have NO issues with it, I don’t understand why you’re not allowed to SAY SO. I don’t know why people take SUPPORT of a game so personally.

It’s not black or white..
I like gt7 but I find that there is some incoherence.
The incoherence for example is that I need to grind or use a script using a pc and leaving my ps5 working all night to drive dream cars..
Or maybe I’m frustrated by Lobby problems..

This is the title of the thread

The incoherence for example is that I need to grind or use a script using a pc and leaving my ps5 working all night to drive dream cars..

Either way, it sounds like I’m enjoying the game a lot more than you are. So you tell me, who’s ways work better? Since having fun and enjoying the game is goal #1. 🤔

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, but you’d rather go thirsty it seems, or rather just complain about the lemons.

Last edited:
Either way, it sounds like I’m enjoying the game a lot more than you are. So you tell me, who’s ways work better? Since having fun and enjoying the game is goal #1. 🤔

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, but you’d rather go thirsty it seems, or rather just complain about the lemons.
I'm getting a very "Just don't be depressed" vibe from this post.

The other side of this thread is that other racing game developers are hoping for everyone to stop playing gt7 and start playing theirs. I haven’t touched Assetto Corsa since GT7 came out. I guess the developers are pleading PD to hurry up and demotivate me more and more….

Agreed. Not black and white. Like you, I find there are parts of GT7 that I like and parts that I don't.

Personally I'm not all that fussed about owning all the cars. For me, that's a marketing gimmick which is mainly designed to drain our wallets. It's a temptation that doesn't interest me. But if that works for you, then go for it.

Agreed. Not black and white. Like you, I find there are parts of GT7 that I like and parts that I don't.

Personally I'm not all that fussed about owning all the cars. For me, that's a marketing gimmick which is mainly designed to drain our wallets. It's a temptation that doesn't interest me. But if that works for you, then go for it.

This is the first game I’ve ever had all cars in, I have no interest in collecting either. I was only doing it for the advantage in sport modeC but then they nullified it with rentals. But I was already 75% of the way, so I just kept it going.

What else to do when your ps5 and pc are busy running a script to play the game for you :lol:

I did the grind manually, might as well race instead of waiting for the pc to be done 'racing' for me. In the end, it's all wasting time anyway. Better payouts in sport mode don't fix the penalty system nor dirty tactics and cheating that keeps going on there. I rather have PD focus on that but they're too busy painting cars and creating dirty AI.

Anyway I followed @Pigems advice and bought a Series X to play Forza 7 when I feel like racing. Lots of great tracks, huge campaign, looking forward for Forza 8. I still dabble in sport mode in GT7, the fixed schedule and semi full rooms are its saving grace. The magic of GT is dead though. It's just become a limited endurance race simulator with a few sport mode combos that I'll join.

It's summer now, better things to do. I see the races for June in GT Sport are a miss again for me.
(Bathurst N400 2 laps, Suzuka East GR.4 7 laps, Sardegna A GR.3 10 laps)
Check again in July lol.

When I have an issue, I find solutions myself, I don’t sit back and wait for others to do the work for me, I go out and get what I want, when I want it. Enjoy the wait. 🍻
Screw GT7 or any video game issue we're all rambling on about. How the hell did you manage to become a self employed billionaire? Wait....billions aren't enough. Gazillionaire!! You're cracking me up with this whole "I've been completely independent my entire life and have never needed help for anything" This ain't the LEGO Movie, everything is not awesome.

Screw GT7 or any video game issue we're all rambling on about. How the hell did you manage to become a self employed billionaire? Wait....billions aren't enough. Gazillionaire!! You're cracking me up with this whole "I've been completely independent my entire life and have never needed help for anything" This ain't the LEGO Movie, everything is not awesome.

Where did I say a single positive thing about this game? You must be reading someone else’s posts lol. I just don’t waste my time on stupid stuff, like grinding for imaginary digital cars lol.

The cost is like crypto and carbon.

What a shortsighted waste.

This post doesn’t even make sense? You trying to say the value of the cars will go up and we will be able to cash it out in the future or something? That’s pretty unlikely. 😂

Last edited:
Where did I say a single positive thing about this game? You must be reading someone else’s posts lol. I just don’t waste my time on stupid stuff, like grinding for imaginary digital cars lol.
Sorry, can't help myself
1*iLzncf3G0mu89Hu6b3tltg.jpeg

I'm saying your computer running a script is a waste of electricity, the cost more than just $50 and includes carbon, the climate.
While true, it's a drop in the bucket. Nothing like crypto mining, not even close to making just a single transaction in bitCoin.

And in the end, the script is saving the planet ;) 1.7 million per hour takes a lot less energy to get the cars you want to race with than the about 50K per hour you get otherwise :crazy: The script also doesn't need TV or monitor on ;)

I'm saying your computer running a script is a waste of electricity, the cost more than just $50 and includes carbon, the climate.

It would take literally hundreds of hours of manual grinding to acquire every car, no a chance in hell I’m wasting that time out of my personal life. The $50 in electricity for every car in the game is an absolutely smoking deal vs spending $300 of real money for One Single 20M credit car. You do the math, I’ll take the script every day of the week. We better stop with these electric cars too then, since you’re so concerned a out using power. 👍

Sorry, can't help myself
1*iLzncf3G0mu89Hu6b3tltg.jpeg

While true, it's a drop in the bucket. Nothing like crypto mining, not even close to making just a single transaction in bitCoin.

And in the end, the script is saving the planet ;) 1.7 million per hour takes a lot less energy to get the cars you want to race with than the about 50K per hour you get otherwise :crazy: The script also doesn't need TV or monitor on ;)

Oh it’s completely pointless, but it’s still entertaining none the less. And all this while I’m making millions of credits in GT, while at work and over 10 miles from my console. 😂

Back