This game does everything in its power to demotivate me to play it

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 540 comments
Why not? GT has always required you to pay in time, for the cars. iRacing just straight up charges for you each car, and with reasonable rates compared to GT7. I’m done paying for cars in time, so the PC can grind all it wants and I’ll take my free cars. Like I said before, anyone expecting PD to change after 20+ years and 8-9 games, might as well just go beat your head against the wall, there’s no difference. Why waste your time/breath? Just skirt their system and take your free cars man, it’s so much easier.
I agree with you 100% that PD has always taken this road to progression. The main difference with previous titles is that you had tons of options to choose from to acquire money for the cars. Races that allowed you to use all of the cars available in the game, and the payout was similar. Not this crap they gave us for GT7 where you have 15 gr3 race options and 13 of them pay 80% less than the 2 highest paying ones. Grinding for content should not be a tedious process with 4-5 options. There's no point in comparing this game to iRacing. That's a monthly subscription game.

I’ve many reason not to do it.. but again.. i think it’s out of topic here

Hey man, if you want to “choose” to waste your spare/free time grinding, all power too you. But you can’t really both choose to do it, and also complain about at the same time. No ones forcing you to grind, you’re choosing of free will to do so. So you’re really only complaining about the choices you’ve made with your time.

I agree with you 100% that PD has always taken this road to progression. The main difference with previous titles is that you had tons of options to choose from to acquire money for the cars. Races that allowed you to use all of the cars available in the game, and the payout was similar. Not this crap they gave us for GT7 where you have 15 gr3 race options and 13 of them pay 80% less than the 2 highest paying ones. Grinding for content should not be a tedious process with 4-5 options. There's no point in comparing this game to iRacing. That's a monthly subscription game.

I can literally use any car in the game I want, with any settings I want, in a custom race or online lobby? What’s the issue there?

And as far as the comparison to iRacing. PS+ sub to access GT7’s actual gameplay, is the same price as a yearly sub to iRacing, if you get the Black Friday discount. So if I spent another $100 on iRacing like I did to buy GT7, I’d have even more than the base cars/track in game before ever driving a mile. So you actually get more for your initial investment from iRacing then you do from GT7.

Last edited:
Tell me what the payout is for those custom races compared to your script, then tell me it's not an issue.

I don’t care what the payouts are? I already told you, I don’t grind, and I’ve never done a sport race and even thought about the credits afterwards. I race for the racing, and no other reason, period. Same reason I don’t waste time racing AI, they are terrible and zero fun to race.

The biggest difference is that you lot would rather cry and complain for someone else to fix your “problem”, then to get off your asses and find a solution yourself. So while you’ve all been crying and going on, I found a solution and Joe have the problem solved, and all the cars. While you guys are still complaining about the original issue.

Last edited:
Hey man, if you want to “choose” to waste your spare/free time grinding, all power too you. But you can’t really both choose to do it, and also complain about at the same time. No ones forcing you to grind, you’re choosing of free will to do so. So you’re really only complaining about the choices you’ve made with your time.

I feel testosterone in your words.
Who said I’m a man?

I’m not going to keep on my ps5 and a pc (not mine but work pc) to run a script.. to gain millions.. I feel that is a waste of electricity, in a period of war.. global warming.. and a futile consumption of hardware, in a strange universe where is so difficult to find a PS5.

I complain because I think that a game that ask you to use 2 hardware to “have fun” in my opinion has some problem.

i feel the same as the title of this thread.

It’s my opinion :)

Last edited:
Who said I’m a man?

I’m not going to keep on my ps5 and a pc (not mine but work pc) to run a script.. to gain millions.. I feel that is a waste of electricity, in a period of war.. and a futile consumption of hardware, in a strange universe where is so difficult to find a PS5.

I complain because I think that a game that ask you to use 2 hardware to “have fun” in my opinion has some problem.

It’s my opinion :)

99% of gamers are guys, probably more in a racing game, so excuse me for assuming. If you feel that $50 worth of power, is worth more than $100’s or even $1000’s more than your real world time, then I guess that’s your choice, albeit not a very bright one. You will be running your PS just as long too while you’re manually grinding, while also pissing away your evenings worth of time. Have fun with that nonsense. 😂

I already told you, I don’t grind
So using a script for Tomahawk grinding is what, exactly...?

The biggest difference is that you lot would rather cry and complain for someone else to fix your “problem”, then to get off your asses and find a solution yourself.
Polyphony have literally ignored people's suggestions on how to change the economy for the better and instead are going deeper into the hole. Why wouldn't people complain if this is what is going to be the result? Why should I bother putting up with the game if I'm not going to be rewarded naturally for finding the game fun enough to continue playing, and the only way to get anywhere to complete the car collection screen is by grinding races mechanically because that's the only way that isn't busting out the wallet?

Running a script to get the cars, although, yes, it works for now, is not the answer to the issues.
I can literally use any car in the game I want, with any settings I want, in a custom race or online lobby? What’s the issue there?
Remember the GT5 hack? Yes, there were people showing up in lobbies and preying upon the unsuspecting, but the hack itself was fun.

Engine Swaps, Nitrous, Super Soft Tires, the chassis swaps were great because they turn uncompetitive cars into decent cars. It was a workaround.

They shut it down, but in following game we got Nitrous, Super soft tires, and now, engine swaps.

The issue is that we all know that this MTX issue is wrong. I love the F40. I have owned one in GT5, GT6, and GTS...and from GTS to now, it's gone from 450,000 credits to 3mil? Why? Or what about just transferring my cars??? A hack is not the answer to the game's problems. Addressing the problem at the source is the solution, because when PD eventually blocks the hack, and they will if they can, the core issues still persist.

What I will say though is that the more people hack this, the better it will be for everyone. It will force them to act, although, they should be acting on fixing lobbies and such.

So using a script for Tomahawk grinding is what, exactly...?

Polyphony have literally ignored people's suggestions on how to change the economy for the better and instead are going deeper into the hole. Why wouldn't people complain if this is what is going to be the result? Why should I bother putting up with the game if I'm not going to be rewarded naturally for finding the game fun enough to continue playing, and the only way to get anywhere to complete the car collection screen is by grinding races mechanically because that's the only way that isn't busting out the wallet?

It’s not wasting my time grinding on a game? When I do sit down to play GT, I can spend my time however I want, with access to any car. Cheating the system, whatever you wanna cal it, I don’t really care honestly. It’s a means to an end and nothing more.

No ones forcing anyone to play the game as is, if you don’t like the game, then just simply put it down and down play it. I couldn’t imagine wasting my time and energy complaining about it on the internet, knowing full well that PD is PD and will never change. It’s just more wasted time.

99% of gamers are guys, probably more in a racing game, so excuse me for assuming. If you feel that $50 worth of power, is worth more than $100’s or even $1000’s more than your real world time, then I guess that’s your choice, albeit not a very bright one. You will be running your PS just as long too while you’re manually grinding, while also pissing away your evenings worth of time. Have fun with that nonsense. 😂
You have very strange ways of justifying your actions towards a video game. You're telling me that the entire time you don't spend playing the game, your making real world money? You treat your PC script like it's somehow mining Bitcoin. The purpose of a video game is to sit down and spend your time playing it. Most people only have the evenings to play the game. How are they "pissing" away their time? You claim you don't waste your time grinding, but at the same time you say that you haven't had to grind in over a month.....

No.. not true:
tomahawk grind 1 hour a day:3 milion.
(Very profitable)

However I feel boring and nonsense grinding. This is the point.

Telling me “have fun with nonsense” is not fun :(

It’s like to say that I say stupid things.

Last edited:
Running a script to get the cars, although, yes, it works for now, is not the answer to the issues.

Remember the GT5 hack? Yes, there were people showing up in lobbies and preying upon the unsuspecting, but the hack itself was fun.

Engine Swaps, Nitrous, Super Soft Tires, the chassis swaps were great because they turn uncompetitive cars into decent cars. It was a workaround.

They shut it down, but in following game we got Nitrous, Super soft tires, and now, engine swaps.

The issue is that we all know that this MTX issue is wrong. I love the F40. I have owned one in GT5, GT6, and GTS...and from GTS to now, it's gone from 450,000 credits to 3mil? Why? Or what about just transferring my cars??? A hack is not the answer to the game's problems. Addressing the problem at the source is the solution, because when PD eventually blocks the hack, and they will if they can, the core issues still persist.

What I will say though is that the more people hack this, the better it will be for everyone. It will force them to act, although, they should be acting on fixing lobbies and such.

I 100% agree the game should be better in ways, but I’d rather find the workaround then go complain on the internet, knowing that PD isn’t gonna listen anyways. I’d rather find the workaround and get on with life, then waste any amount of my personal time.

No.. not true:
tomahawk grind 1 hour a day:3 milion.
(Very profitable)

However I feel boring and nonsense grinding.

Telling me “have fun with nonsense” is not fun :(

It’s like to say that I say stupid things.

Maybe you do like stupid things? I have no idea. And I’m not saying you do, but common, why are you wasting your life grinding when there is an easy answer that solves all issues currently. I use the tool, personally, and save my time.

Who said I’m a man?

I’m not going to keep on my ps5 and a pc (not mine but work pc) to run a script.. to gain millions.. I feel that is a waste of electricity, in a period of war.. global warming.. and a futile consumption of hardware, in a strange universe where is so difficult to find a PS5.

i feel the same as the title of this thread
Not that I disagree with your post in theory, but the bolded part of your post is some class 5 mental gymnastics of epic proportions 😂

Why not? GT has always required you to pay in time, for the cars. iRacing just straight up charges for you each car, and with reasonable rates compared to GT7. I’m done paying for cars in time, so the PC can grind all it wants and I’ll take my free cars. Like I said before, anyone expecting PD to change after 20+ years and 8-9 games, might as well just go beat your head against the wall, there’s no difference. Why waste your time/breath? Just skirt their system and take your free cars man, it’s so much easier.
I've already provided the data in another thread, no previous game required the same level of grinding as GT7, so no, it's absolutely not the same as it always was. GT4 required a few hundred hours, most of which was not grinding because there were hundreds of different events. GT7 requires thousands of hours, the majority of which is grinding because there are so few unique events. GT4 also didn't have real world car pricing and live inflation.

It hasn't always been this bad no matter how many times people try to say it was. The grinding required was never this extreme. They changed it for the worse in GT7, with enough pushback they can change it for the better.

Last edited:
Ok.. this is the last time :

I stop grinding cause it is a waste of time.

I feel like you search flame..

You can feel however you want, the point is, my way works, and I have all the cars without wasting any of my personal time. If y’all wanna grind, that’s fine, but if it bothers you that much, put the game down then. I would if not bothered me that much, imagine spending hours on a game you don’t even like? 😂

It all honestly feels like most of you would rather just have something to complain about, than an actual solution to the problem. Considering there has been a super easy fix for well over a month now.

Last edited:
It all honestly feels like most of you would rather just have something to complain about, than an actual solution to the problem. Considering there has been a super easy fix for well over a month now.
Just because one solution exists for a problem that doesn't mean you stop asking for/try to find a better one.

The solution for people in the world without drinking water usually exists, either walking for miles to the well in the next town or drinking dirty water. They're solutions, but there are far better ones that could exist. Like a well/tap in your own town.

Using remote play for hours on end with a script to automatically grind for you is not a good solution to the problem. It's a solution, no doubt about that, but there are far, far better ones that could and should exist.

Last edited:
No ones forcing anyone to play the game as is, if you don’t like the game, then just simply put it down and down play it.
And that's what I've done.

That doesn't mean I'd like Polyphony to do better and creating a better game then what they've foisted onto the market.
knowing full well that PD is PD and will never change. It’s just more wasted time.
Too bad they'll be forced to change, either through the GT franchise dying, or by Sony finally deciding enough is enough and stopping dead Kaz's carte blanche to do whatever he pleases because of this game.

What is the fix?? A PC script? I must have missed the part where PD announced that the game is more enjoyable using an external device to grind credits without having to actually play the game. I'm also not seeing it in any patch notes. Weird.....

What is the fix?? A PC script? I must have missed the part where PD announced that the game is more enjoyable using an external device to grind credits without having to actually play the game. I'm also not seeing it in any patch notes. Weird.....

PD made the game the way PD wanted to make the game, it is what it is and will continue to be what it is. You’re options are to A)Grind manually and complain about it, or B) Find a solution yourself or C) don’t play them game. I don’t expect PD to change anything because “I” want it, it’s their game, they can make it however they want to, just like I would if it was mine. Anything more is expecting too much IMO.

Some are new. Either to GT or GTP. It's understandable. When they find GTP it's filled with complaints. What they don't realize is it's mostlty the same people with the same complaints.

The reason GT Sport section had less complaining is because those complainers were complaining in the GT7 thread. I guess they'll move on when a GT8 section becomes available.

And that's what I've done.

That doesn't mean I'd like Polyphony to do better and creating a better game then what they've foisted onto the market.

Too bad they'll be forced to change, either through the GT franchise dying, or by Sony finally deciding enough is enough and stopping dead Kaz's carte blanche to do whatever he pleases because of this game.

You’ll be waiting a while then, PD will never change and Sony won’t change anything because GT keeps selling games. Have fun with that, I’m gonna go enjoy all my free cars now. 👍

Right.

Let's just stay quiet, say nothing. That always worked in life.

When I have an issue, I find solutions myself, I don’t sit back and wait for others to do the work for me, I go out and get what I want, when I want it. Enjoy the wait. 🍻

Last edited:
When I have an issue, I find solutions myself, I don’t sit back and wait for others to do the work for me, I go out and get what I want, when I want it. Enjoy the wait. 🍻
What, you can hack the game now can you? I have an issue with the total lack of brand new tracks in GT7, other people for example have an issue with the lack of control in lobbies. How exactly do we find the solution to problems like that ourselves?

What you just said sounds like a cliche bio on LinkedIn.

I have an issue with the total lack of brand new tracks in GT7, other people for example have an issue with the lack of control in lobbies. How exactly do we find the solution to problems like that ourselves?
Just make it yourself, ez.

Send your resume to Polyphony. /s

What, you can hack the game now can you?
To be fair, Remote Play is more or less giving you the Sony sponsored tools, so not really hacking. That doesn't exactly take away from the salient point that it's absolutely bonkers to expect people to accept grinding as the main way of playing the game to get the cars the game obviously wants you to collect, instead of being able to play the game more or less naturally and work towards it, or be rewarded for playing the game.

What, you can hack the game now can you? I have an issue with the total lack of brand new tracks in GT7, other people for example have an issue with the lack of control in lobbies. How exactly do we find the solution to problems like that ourselves?

What you just said sounds like a cliche bio on LinkedIn.

You’re funny, I like you! lol That’s what other games are for, if I want to drive X track, then I go do it in iR or ACC. Against, I fix my own issues, you do you though. 👍

Right.

Let's just stay quiet, say nothing. That always worked in life.
Lol I can't believe they said this back in March.
We are in June.

"Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term updates we are working on. [...]

• Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
  • Further World Circuit event additions.
  • Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
  • Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
  • Make it so cars can be sold."

Back