VOTE For Best Korean Car (Let Me Know What Country to do Next)

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 53 comments

VOTE FOR BEST KOREAN CAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YSSMAN

Super-Cool Since 2013
Premium
United States
GR-MI-USA
YSSMAN
YSSMAN
Okay, so this one hasn't gone over too particularly well. I wanted to do it just to be fair, and well, it hasn't worked out as well as I had hoped.

Anyway, first things first. The Mazda Miata topped the Nissan Skyline by two votes in the end, thus making it the "Best Japanese Car." The Miata joins the Origional Mini, Lamborghini Muria and Bugatti Veyron and moves on to the next round of the series.

Secondly, the nominations for "Best Korean Car." Now this is a guess, but I'm expecting this one to lean just one way, so if the voting happens in a landslide after three days, we will just move on to the next round.

The Nominees:

proto_spirra.jpg

(Proto Motors Spirra)

2006.hyundai.azera.jpg

(Hyundai Azera)

d81b65e6b3c2b957ee3fdbf59dc2adb8.jpg

(Hyundai Accent/Excel)

112_05fas_hyundai_getz_new_s.jpg

5_KIA_picanto.jpg

(Hyundai Getz/Kia Picanto)

2006.hyundai.sonata.jpg

(Hyundai Sonata)

20029535-396x249.jpg

(Hyundai Tiburon/Coupe)

rio.5.500.jpg

(Kia Rio5)

2006.kia.sportage.jpg

(Kia Sportage)

---

There ya go kids, vote and debate away. Also, feel free to suggest where you want to go next. Australia is still an option, otherwise the two biggest countries are left: Germany and America. YOU DECIDE!

---

EDIT: I still vote for the Azera because I'm a tough old dog and expect a lot from that car...

Voted for Proto Motors also for the same reason, plus because its the only car on that list that i'd drive.

I say we do Canada next!!! :D

Haha... the supercar might just run away with this... I hope the Sonata wins. I still contend that it's Korea's "coming-of-age" car. A definite sign that laughing at Korean cars is now a thing of the past.

Now we can move on to complaining about Korean interiors, the same way we complain about American ones. :lol:

I say we do India next. Lots of great cars there.....

:lol:

I voted for Proto Spirra, if anyone votes for a Kia they're stupid and Hyundais don't look as good.

Next up HAS to be German, American or Australian...

(predicts: Porsche 911, Corvette Z06, Holden/HSV Commodore)

The Hyundai Coupe, it's a sporty, well built easilly available car that showed that Koreans can make decent cars if they try to.

Voted for the Coupe.

Question for those voting for the Proto Motors Spirra. Before GT4, had you heard of it? So how good can it be if you hadn't heard of it?

EDIT: Dan? Are you having a laugh? Getz?

I love the Coupe/Tiburon but I still voted for the Sonata. The current generation shows even more than the Tibruon that it can compete with the best Japanese saloons...but in this case it BEATS the competition it alot of catagories.

Voted for the Coupe.

Question for those voting for the Proto Motors Spirra. Before GT4, had you heard of it? So how good can it be if you hadn't heard of it?

I've seen pictures of it. And heard of a Supercar from Korea. But I never really put name and picture together until GT4. I guess you can say I didn't really care.. :D

Voted for the Coupe.

:lol: Would've voted for it myself, as I love the little bugger (came close to buying one...) and I nominated it, but it doesn't have a chance in hell.

that's the best picture of an Accent you could find?? LOL That's kinda unfair to it dont you think?

But the latest generation of Tiburons is by far the greatest auto to ever come from Korea. The new GT V6's are sweet cars.

Oh, and the next gen Tibby is probably going to really surprise a lot of people! *cough*V8*cough*RWD*cough*

-> I really do like Hyundai's especially the 2007 Accent GS 3-Door, Car and Driver claims that the Azera is the fastest Korean car in the US, and the Sonata is an award-winning sedan. But my vote for the best Korean car is undoubtly the Hyundai Tuscani/Tiburon/Coupe 2.7 V6 6-Speed. And also I have a preview pic of the 2007 model courtesy from Auto Index. (:

norm_0_orig.jpg

norm_2_orig.jpg

norm_3_orig.jpg

-> I wonder, how come there's no Ssangyong, Daewoo, Samsung, and Asia?

The Vanishing Boy

Nobody nominated them, thus they didn't make the list. But even then, I doubt they would have stood much of a chance.

I'm thinking Deutschland, unless of course the demand for Australia is great.

No, hadn't known about it before GT4. But there are plenty of excellent cars I had never known about that Gran Turismo has introduced me to. Before GT1, I had never heard of TVR, and they are among Britain's greatest supercars. GT2 showed me RUF, Venturi, Opel, Tommy Kaira, among others. GT3 & 4 showed me more, including the Spirra.
Remember, publicity does not necessarily reflect quality inversely (or at all, really). Just look at Ford, one of America's top dogs. They've managed to refine "fire hazard" into a science. Once, they required a collision. but, thanks to years of R&D, the engine doesn't have to be on, and *foom*!

Edit: Alright. I may have exaggerated that last bit just a tad.
:D

from the other thread:
It's hard to mark any noteworthy Korean cars besides these.

Daewoo hasn't made much worth noting, considering most of their models before the collapse were Opels, and most of the new cars are sold as Chevys and Suzukis, making the vote confusing for most people.

Ssangyong / Koranda... If anyone wants to put the Stavic in, it would be interesting to see how many votes it gets. Everything else is just a truck with a Merc engine.

Samsung, anyone? This might be the best Korean ever made, the Samsung Maxima... errh... SM5.
samsung_sm5_2.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: No, I'm not serious.

Asia? I'm trying to figure out what they make besides rebadged vans... let me look it up first... :lol:

Back