VOTE For Best Korean Car (Let Me Know What Country to do Next)

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 53 comments

VOTE FOR BEST KOREAN CAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not in the list, if you wanted to nominate that you should have done it before the shortlist.

I say Germany next. Korea hasn't really got that many cars to talk about, and neither does Australia really. So lets stir the pot with a biggie in between.

Beetle/911/Audi Quattro?

I went with the Coupe, In my own opion its just about the only choice.

As far as the next round goes, I'm quite open in that regard, Germany would be nice and Australia would be interesting (a d prompt quite a bit of reading - not a market I know well). I agree with leaving the US until last, as I'm sure its going to be one of the most 'heated' rounds.

Regards

Scaff

I say Germany next. They have many different cars worth voting for, so it'll make it interesting.

I agree, we need somewhere like Germany to spark a more intersting debate again.

Germany is gonna be hard. So many different types of cars should deserve the title and not just one car alone. But if I had to choose just one it would only be fair for it to be the first car in the world.

What other countries are we going to do? Is Sweden going to get a thread for Saab and Volvo? Are we going to do a miscellaneous category? One that can include manufacturers from countries that haven't been included already, like Spyker (Dutch), Seat (Spanish), Skoda (Czech) etc?

We could do Swiss made cars: I think there are.... two(?) worth mentioning... Heck, I thought there was only one... didn't know about the Orca:
orca2.JPG

I was thinking of this one:
12.jpg

Ford Focus? :D

Too bad not many people can make the connection. And most others think anything with Ford somewhere in the name and front-wheel drive is crap. :grumpy:

What other countries are we going to do? Is Sweden going to get a thread for Saab and Volvo? Are we going to do a miscellaneous category? One that can include manufacturers from countries that haven't been included already, like Spyker (Dutch), Seat (Spanish), Skoda (Czech) etc?

Good point, I never really thought about that. I suppose the Sweeds deserve their own round to some extent, but it would be a Volvo/Saab fight, so that might be kinda boring. As for the others, are there really any other major automakers for their countires?

The Aussies have enough to give themselves a round (found out after doing some digging), but I don't know about the rest of them.

Right now as it stands:

- Deutschland
- Australia
- (Open slot, may go to Sweeden)
- America

Two? TWO?

tortor13_1110113619_sbarro_monster_g.jpg

tortor13_1110113798_sbarro_stash.jpg

challenge1.jpg

Yes, I know you're awesome, no need to rub it in... :ouch:

Well, there you go. If we ever need to make a thread, we've got at least half a dozen choices. :lol:

Incidentally, how many of those strange things actually saw production? (no philosophizing on that, please... just the straight beef... :lol: )

Well... you could buy them... Err...

They're all products of the deranged brain of Italian Franco Sbarro - who is now based in Switzerland. The Monster-G - the truck thing - uses four 747 wheels. For his other vehicles he's also invented hubless wheels which are... astonishing.

The Sbarro hubless wheels are probably the coolest automotive part I have ever seen.
freinage1ni6.jpg

Although I do like his VW Golf with 6 rectangular headlights and gullwing doors.

So that makes them Italian Swiss, then? Like mixed Mozarella and cheddar? :lol:

At least Monteverdi was conceived of as a purely swiss car (never mind where the bits came from), and actually built there.

But damn, those hubless wheels are cool. Eliminate the middle man!

Back