►TURTLE RACING LEAGUE l Saturday Night Enduro Series l Accepting New Members Everyday!Open 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 7,202 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault.jpg

Race 10: 24 Hours Of Circuit De La Sarthe 2009 With Chicanes
Car: Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
Tires: Racing Mediums
Laps:9
Damage: Heavy
Date: November 23, 2013
Prize: Ticket Level 22

The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports

"It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free."

The reason The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports is the first thing you read when you get to Turtle Racing League is because if you do not believe this rule applies to you, then you do not need to read any further because this league is not for you. You are encouraged to read and adhere to the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and exercise Good Racecraft at all times, especially in turn 1.

-How to Access the Turtle-Home Lounge-

1- Click on GT Mode when you first get on GT5

2- Click on the Community tab on you're left

3- Scroll all the way down, Turtle-Home is at Level 0

4- Click on Turtle-Home and move to the right having your arrow on a coffee cup, Click on the Coffee cup and Join

-Rage Quitting is not allowed, Please type in the chatbox if you have to leave or in the thread.

-Rolling Starts x2-

As Turtles, We all Respect every racer on the track, and Race Fair, and Clean. This is Something I would like to try. The 1st Lap when the race begins, you do Not have to go all out right away. The Racer with the Pole in the 1st race will go around the track at a slow speed leading up to the start. Before we approach the start line on the pace lap, Please try to give as much space in between each racer, and having no contact during a pace lap. I believe us turtles will not hit each other during the pace lap or hopefully not during the race. As we come out of the last turn leading to the start of the race, which in this case would be on Lap 2. The Pole Racer must still be in its pace. as everyone gathers us in a double formation. Now, The Pole sitter has the right of way when to accelerate to begin the race! not the 2nd placer, 3rd or lower. Everyone behind the Pole sitter has to wait until the Pole sitter takes off. You can time it when he does accelerate, however, you must make sure, If you are able to pass the pole sitter before the first turn, you are fine and should be able to go through the first turn clean. However if you were not able to fully successfully pass the pole sitter and the front of your car is by his rear of his car, he has the right of way. Remember this whole thing is the first turn rule! We decided to do double formation, because it would first warm up the tires on pace lap, Not smoke your tires at the beginning, more space to work with when approaching the first turn for a cleaner exist.
--Pace Lap Speed is 60 MPH-70 MPH Depending on track--
-90 MPH FIRST LAP PACE SPEED- Note:When approaching turns, stay spredded out as far as possible, so NO Contact is Made as Damage is on Heavy

Policies
The First Turn Rule - It is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. 4) If you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn.

Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to effectively avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers who are being careful and doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. You can not win the race on the 1st turn or even the 1st lap. If a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn.

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in incidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass on the low side. The trailing driver must also have gained at least a half a car length lead before braking begins so the leading driver can see his position and avoid contact.

Race Incidents
Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. It is a matter to respect every Turtle on the track, as we are competing against each other on the track, we all must remain clean at all times. If you know you made a mistake on the track by pushing a turtle off track, please let them gain their position back. We are Turtle Racing League, and we want to be remembered as a respectful clean racer towards any racer out there. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward. All racing incidents or racing related issues shall be dealt with privately and under no circumstance mentioned publicly.

RACE CLEAN AND HAVE FUN! COME OUT AND JOIN US FOR CLOSE INTENSE RACING!

Room Open for some Viva La Turtles! Hope to see you there!

That's a nice slide you've got going there. :lol: I put some practice laps in earlier today. All laps were red because I would barely "cut" a corner ever so slightly. The quick righty before Mulsanne Straight got me a couple of times. You can't put your wheels too far to the right, but you also can't go too wide coming out of the corner. Both will result in penalties. :irked: And you've gotta be careful with the chicanes at the end.

Sorry guys, having a bad connection tonight. Tried to get back into it after I got disconnected and it just sits there. Sorry about the bump TX...you were going so slow I thought that you had a penalty.

Lots of fun tonight at La Sarthe. Funny fail pace lap! :lol: thanks to everybody for showing up! 👍

Next week is going to be a blast for the free for all at the nurb!! Thanks!

That was my fault Spliffy, I had damage and when I got back on track the car sort of jumped to the left and I didn't get back to the right in time.

I'm in Bionic! I miss racing F1s back when psycho had the F1 league up!

I was thinking about 10 laps at Fuji, Nurb GP/F, and somewhere else. Any ideas?
Daytona Road, Indy Road, Spa, Monaco, Many other options! The tracks you mention are great!

True, Sounds Good!
If you've got some CRAP guys online, feel free to invite them.. I'll go set the room up, unless you think someone else should for connection purposes. Should we have no aids allowed inc abs?

If you've got some CRAP guys online, feel free to invite them.. I'll go set the room up, unless you think someone else should for connection purposes. Should we have no aids allowed inc abs?
You can set it up, well is your connection good? i have decent connection. Ill invite some CRAP guys over.

8274607281_b3dc6330c3_o.jpg

Race 10: 24 Hours Of Circuit De La Sarthe 2009 With Chicanes 👍
Car: Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
Tires: Racing Mediums
Laps: 9
Damage: Heavy
Date: November 23, 2013
Prize: Ticket Level 22

Race 1 - Results

1st Place: BionicDerp (Fastest Lap - 3'58.651)
2nd Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 3'59.940 - Pole) +18.518
3rd Place: hjhr75-08 (Fastest Lap - 4'01.531)+1'09.842
4th Place: ANFD (Fastest Lap - 4'03.520)+1'37.295
5th Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 4'00.620) +1'39.667
6th Place: johnsom (Fastest Lap - 4'09.543) +2'10.147
7th Place: TX_Executioner (Fastest Lap - 4'01.981) +2'17.044
8th Place: spyagent1439 (Fastest Lap - 4'06.184) +2'45.378
9th Place: ThethirdRoy (Fastest Lap - 4'07.425) +Time Expired
10th Place: HeathenPride (Fastest Lap - 4'24.289)-3 Laps Down
11th Place: SpeedDeemin (Fastest Lap - 7'12.926)+Disconnected

Turtle Racing League - La Sarthe Race 1 Recap
Gooood Ol Morning to all the turtles showing up at La Sarthe! This morning we have 11 Fast Turtles on the grid! After a epic BEST pace lap Fail! The turtes re-lineup on the grid as GTP_Ph7shr grabbed the pole in the epic 1 lap shootout! We had one crazyyy battle up front between GTP_Ph7shr and BionicDerp, buttt the fish got a couple penaltys allowing BionicDerp to get away from the Fish and grab race 1 victory! GTP_Ph7shr was able to grab 2nd Place! hjhr75-08, ANFD, and DolphDrago all had a super epiccc epicc epicc battle for 3rd place, hjhr75-08 was able to take full advantage of their mistakes and go away with the bronze podium! Followed by ANFD who stayed very fast through the entire race, putting consistent lap time to consistent lap time! ANFD representing C.R.A.P finished 4th Place! What a battle! DolphDrago was super fast when he didn't make mistakes, but boy oh boy! Didn't those penalty's at the chicanes screw up the Dolph! He still managed to get in the top 5 and finish 5th! Now we had another great battle a couple seconds behind those top 3 i just mentioned! TX_Executioner and johnsom had a great battle, TX_Executioner blasted into the wall on turn one after the 2 chicanes! BAMMM he went into the wall, but that didn't hold TX_Executioner, he got back onto the track like a Turtle and made some passes, coming up to johnsom with a great battle for 6th Place. Though johnsom was able to hold off TX_Executioner for 6th Place, TX_Executioner coming away in 7th Place! Spyagent1439 was in the mix as well, but made a couple mistakes as well, but still kept his times very good, spyagent1439 came away with a great 8th Place Finish. ThethirdRoy may have had some struggles all race long, but stuck with it, and that's the great spirit of Turtle, sticking with it, even if your struggling! Awesome Job! HeathenPride had to park it in the Pits after 5 Laps. SpeedDeemin had some connection problems!

Race 2 - Results

1st Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 3'59.780)
2nd Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 4'02.015) +29.745
3rd Place: BionicDerp (Fastest Lap - 4'03.284) +48.076
4th Place: ThethirdRoy (Fastest Lap - 4'09.151) +1'28.613
5th Place: ANFD (Fastest Lap - 4'03.695) +1'50.708
6th Place: johnsom (Fastest Lap - 4'10.503) +Time Expired
7th Place: TX_Executioner(Fastest Lap - 4'04.503) +Time Expired
8th Place: HeathenPride (Fastest Lap - 5'14.227) -8 Laps Down
9th Place: spyagent1439 (Fastest Lap - 4'44.826) +Disconnected

SpeedDeemin - DNS
hjhr75-08 - DNS

Turtle Racing League - La Sarthe Race 2 Recap
The turtles take a quick rest after race 1 was finish, and when they woke up, it was starting to become night, and they had a run at it for a night race at La Sarthe, with every turn being more challenging for racers, as everyone's lap times were slower than during the day. DolphDrago went on a great first lap and flew away with a great victory for him, especially the fact that DolphDrago was the only one to crack into the 3 minute markers! I guess The DolphDrago has night vision goggles! GTP_Ph7shr and ThethirdRoy had a great battle for 2nd Place, but after GTP_Ph7shr got a couple of penalty's, he was able to catch up to ThethirdRoy, and overtake him for 2nd Place due to Pit Strategy. ThethirdRoy actually fell down to 4th, who BionicDerp had overtaken ThethirdRoy, BionicDerp made a couple huge mistakes that cost him a lot of seconds, but fought back with his Turtle Derp Powers and came away with a bronze finish, followed by ThethirdRoy in 4th Place! ANFD had yet another great run finishing right inside of the Top 5, finishing 5th Place! Nice Run to all C.R.A.P Members, which included also HeathenPride who parked it in the pits after 2 Laps. johnsom actually almost finished the race, but crashed towards the end of the lap. johnsom had a few struggles during the race, but kept his line and his times very consistent! johnsom went away with a very good 6th Place Finish. TX_Executioner had some pretty fast lap times from time to time, but the few mistakes cost him some time. Though TX_Executioner still went away with a solid 7th Place Finish. HeathenPride as i said, Chief Member of C.R.A.P did very well in the night, just had some struggles, and may have gotten busy over there or couldn't handle the problems he was having. Either way, he ran good for 2 Laps! Spyagent1439 during the pits, his Crew Chief made a Noob Move by putting his car back in the trailer when spyagent1439 wanted to continue the race, though spyagent1439 watched the race in the stands after his Crew Chief was Fired! LoL

Turtle Racing League - Final Results

1st Place: GTP_Ph7shr (92 Points - Pole)
2nd Place: BionicDerp (90 Points)
3rd Place: DolphDrago (84 Points)
4th Place: ANFD (75 Points)
5th Place: johnsom (66 Points)
6th Place: ThethirdRoy (63 Points)
7th Place: TX_Executioner (60 Points)
8th Place: Spyagent1439 (51 Points)
9th Place: HeathenPride (48 Points)
10th Place: hjhr75-08 (42 Points)
11th Place: SpeedDeemin (18 Points)

Hello Turtles and those suspected of being Turtles. Good Race on Saturday, very challenging but fun. Sorry for the confusion in the first lap, I totally spaced out about the pace lap and took off on go! Then I came up on slower traffic and to avoid a crash I braked and locked up and spun hit the wall D'oh! Anyway here is my attempt at pictures from the second race... Forgot to save the 1st. Always a blast guys, Viva La Turtle!!

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_1.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_2.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_3.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_4.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_6.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_7.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_9.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_10.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_13.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_14.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_15.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_17.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_18.jpg

Thanks for the video and pictures Hjhr and Roy!! Awesome!! 👍

Aw... Really? Two points? xD I'll have to practice much more for GT6....

On the second race I think I got three penalties first lap, and went headlong into a wall lap 3 and had to pit. Was incredible that the racing was so close (being Sarthe and all).

PS, thanks hjhr for not including my last lap spin in the replay. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back