• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So basically everyone is going to be on R/S the whole race.

No. You are still required to change tire type. I tested this afternoon with pit required and change tire type off, and had zero issues. I will be opening a lobby shortly to test to see if it can be repeated. In multiple short races.

@cmbeal317 We will not be racing tonight upon further testing I was only able to have 1 short race with no pit glitches. The other 6 were plagued with not being able to select tires or fuel.

@cmbeal317 We will not be racing tonight upon further testing I was only able to have 1 short race with no pit glitches. The other 6 were plagued with not being able to select tires or fuel.

Thanks for the link fox. It sucks to hear that the race isn't going down. Hopefully PD fixes this soon.

Thanks for the link fox. It sucks to hear that the race isn't going down. Hopefully PD fixes this soon.

There will be moring multiclass trust me.. Also the stream is for MAgnus Racing only. Apart of the contract with Fox. I'm watching on FOx Sports..

With GT being to unpredictable, I dont want to inevitably end some ones race from the start. I feel it is best that we post pone it till after a update and the next season of Enduro.

Since this whole pit stop thing is being a problem, and the fact that other people have been having issues(ex: My PS3 locked up the last two enduro races), perhaps we should just postpone everything until PD fixes GT6.

What does everyone think about postponing all endurance racing events until GT6 is fixed?

Trust me, it's gonna be a lot better than having to deal with all the problems GT6 is throwing at us.

At the same time I'm very sad that it has come to this. :(

I'm sure we can find something fun to do while we wait for PD to fix GT6. :)

Has tonight's enduro race been postponed or decided we racing only on racing soft tires?

Tonight's race, along with all future races have been postponed until the problems with the online portion of GT6 have been fixed(pit/tire bugs, freezing during race, etc.). Hopefully we'll be able to get racing again very soon!

I am thinking of things we could do in the meantime, and if anyone has any suggestions please share them!

cmbeal317

Maybe do a mini endurance race at daytona road course with just racing soft tires or races with different cars, it feels weird not doing an endurance race after all this time.

Full contact dirt racing with underpowered 4 cylinder, front wheel drive cars. I'm kidding. It sucks that you can't even run a proper endurance race due to pit stop bugs. I guess you could try running some races with tire and fuel off and see how it goes.

Tire wear that gets all messed up/sped up after you change them, no matter if same compound or different (I posted a link on last page to a thread discussing it), and also tire and gas selection pop up not popping up after you enter pits.

What exactly is the pit bug? Gonna search and read about it.

Whenever a driver pits, the option to change tire compound does not come up at all. Me and a few others were doing practice for the 2.4 hour endurance and the box to change tire compound wasn't coming up.

That's crazy. Just read that for some reason cars can randomly lap much slower after a pit stop and tire wear can either slow down or accelerate after a pit stop.

Yeah the new update did not address any bugs it seems. It just added some content.

This is a crap idea but what if we ran 3 separate races and each race would be one stint. It would not be the same strategy since you would not be able to skip a pit stop to gain positions for example but it would be similar. You could still have the rule where you must run 10 laps on each tire compound, or change the rule temporarily to you must run an entire stint on each compound. This would still allow drivers to be on opposite strategies like we have now. Maybe some drivers will choose to qualify and race the first stint on hards then do the second stint on softs.

This race format would at least remove the pit stop tire bug from the equation. Plus if you disconnect from the race you can still rejoin at the back of the grid for stint 2 or 3.

Say a race was 75 laps. We race 25 laps and the top 5 get points for the first stint. Race 2 is 25 more laps and the grid is based on previous race results. Again the top 5 get points as per usual. Race 3 is 25 laps and that would be the final result.

I know this isn't exactly the same race format but most of the time the optimal strategy is to pit during the caution laps anyway. I know organizing and running a weekly series is a lot of work and it must be frustrating that GT6 is such a broken game. But it would suck for this series to die from waiting months for a patch that addresses the online gameplay issues.

Last edited:
Yeah the new update did not address any bugs it seems. It just added some content.

This is a crap idea but what if we ran 3 separate races and each race would be one stint. It would not be the same strategy since you would not be able to skip a pit stop to gain positions for example but it would be similar. You could still have the rule where you must run 10 laps on each tire compound, or change the rule temporarily to you must run an entire stint on each compound. I don't know. This would at least remove the pit stop tire bug from the equation.

Say a race was 75 laps. We race 25 laps and the top 5 get points for the first stint. Race 2 is 25 more laps and the grid is based on previous race results. Again the top 5 get points as per usual. Race 3 is 25 laps and that would be the final result.

I know this isn't exactly the same race format but most of the time the optimal strategy is to pit during the caution laps anyway. I know organizing and running a weekly series is a lot of work and it must be frustrating that GT6 is such a broken game. But it would suck for this series to die from waiting months for a patch that addresses the online gameplay issues.

You may be on to something there. I would add in a component that made each race long enough to get the tires to wear down to a certain point so that tire management would still be a factor. It might also bring in more of a desire to be on the harder compound for the long run instead of everyone just running it for x number of laps and using the softer compound for the rest of the race. It might be a fine line to balance but it could be fun.

Maybe it would help to make the race two long stints instead of three short ones. A 75 lap race can be 37 laps and 38 laps and say you must be on each compound for at least 15 or 20 laps. Maybe set tire wear to very fast. Or you could do softs and mediums instead of softs and hards so there isn't as much difference in time per lap. I don't know yet because we would have to do some testing to see what works.

Edit:
Well now that I think about it we want to remove the need to pit stop during the race so maybe longer stints is a bad idea.

If you take out the pit stops, you would want the soft compound to be just about gone at the end of the race. It still needs to be drivable but it needs to be to a point that you could save a little early and potentially have more left than the other guy or run the hard compound and try and catch up at the end of the race. It has the potential to make for some really exciting finishes if it's fleshed out and tested.

Tire wear that gets all messed up/sped up after you change them, no matter if same compound or different (I posted a link on last page to a thread discussing it), and also tire and gas selection pop up not popping up after you enter pits.
Whenever a driver pits, the option to change tire compound does not come up at all. Me and a few others were doing practice for the 2.4 hour endurance and the box to change tire compound wasn't coming up.

I've said this numerous amount of times. If your foot is on the accelerator pedal when the computer catches your car in the pits, the selection box will not come up. The accelerator pedal is the 'X' button. If your foot is on it, the game recognizes that you made your selection. Your foot needs to be off the pedal when the game catches your car. I had this problem 1 time. Never had a problem after I kept my foot of the pedal. You need to find where the game catches the car and keep your foot off the pedal right before that point. The selection box has always come up for me, after the change. This is not a GT6 glitch. It's a driver glitch.

As for changing anything with the format that we currently have, I say no!

Back