• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I also say no, but the tire/fuel selection is a bug, definitely, I have been affected only once, in Silverstone
It's not a GT6 bug. It's a driver bug:sly:

If you guys would try what I posted, you will see what I'm talking about. It seems easy just to blame the game because of other issues that are happening.

I've said this numerous amount of times. If your foot is on the accelerator pedal when the computer catches your car in the pits, the selection box will not come up. The accelerator pedal is the 'X' button. If your foot is on it, the game recognizes that you made your selection. Your foot needs to be off the pedal when the game catches your car. I had this problem 1 time. Never had a problem after I kept my foot of the pedal. You need to find where the game catches the car and keep your foot off the pedal right before that point. The selection box has always come up for me, after the change. This is not a GT6 glitch. It's a driver glitch.

As for changing anything with the format that we currently have, I say no!

Next time we start racing on Saturday Nights, i will try that out thanks Tcrash, just seems weird whenever the box didn't come up.

Next time we start racing on Saturday Nights, i will try that out thanks Tcrash, just seems weird whenever the box didn't come up.

Try it before we start racing again and post your findings.

And the accelerator pedal is the 'X' button when your in GT6 menus. The brake pedal is the 'O' button in GT6 menus.

It may not be a 'bug' or a 'glitch' when the game automatically clears the tire and fuel selection screen as you enter the pits with the accelerator down, but it is definitely an oversight that anyone at PD should have noticed after testing the game for 30 minutes. It is a major problem that PD needs to fix. It should be expected that I would be pressing the gas pedal when entering the pits in a race. So the menus need to be designed with this in mind.

As for changing the race format, I am just brainstorming ideas that would allow us to race while eliminating the effects of the pit stop tire wear bug. I definitely don't want to make permanent changes to the format but it could potentially be several months before it is fixed. If you say you want to keep the current format then are you saying that you would rather not race at all because the reason this series is suspended is because our race format requires pit stops which create the tire wear bug. So if we keep the current format that just means we will not race this series at all.

I enjoy the Saturday night endurance races and I would like to find a temporary solution that would allow the same group of drivers to race in a format that is as similar to the existing one as possible while eliminating the effects of the tire wear bug. Waiting on PD to fix their game is most likely going to take a very long time.

Last edited:
Why won't we run a test race in Subaru this saturday so everyone will see for themselves if there are pit menu/tirewear bugs? That way we can all agree on a single solution whether we keep current format or switch to stints 💡 I mean we cant just let this great series die off...

The pit bug isnt that the menu doesnt appear. You must be off throttle and on the brakes coming into pits for it to pop up. The pit bug/glitch is when the same tires are put on and the car is actually slower, and the tires wear faster.

I created a 10 lap race on Daytona Road Course, used my Nissan GTR base model, made sure it had to be a 2 pit requirement. I did what Tcrash and Fastfox suggested was to hold down the brake button which is the square button on my controller and the pit box menu came up both times. Would like to do an endurance race this Saturday that we were going to do last Saturday for the 2.4 hour at Daytona road course if that is cool with Beal to see if the endurance race be successful for Saturday night.

It seems we have established the pit menu problem isn't actually a bug. Why don't we keep doing enduros anyway? Yeah the tyre wear bugs means we have to pit more, but its still fair for everyone right?

It may not be a 'bug' or a 'glitch' when the game automatically clears the tire and fuel selection screen as you enter the pits with the accelerator down, but it is definitely an oversight that anyone at PD should have noticed after testing the game for 30 minutes. It is a major problem that PD needs to fix. It should be expected that I would be pressing the gas pedal when entering the pits in a race. So the menus need to be designed with this in mind.

As for changing the race format, I am just brainstorming ideas that would allow us to race while eliminating the effects of the pit stop tire wear bug. I definitely don't want to make permanent changes to the format but it could potentially be several months before it is fixed. If you say you want to keep the current format then are you saying that you would rather not race at all because the reason this series is suspended is because our race format requires pit stops which create the tire wear bug. So if we keep the current format that just means we will not race this series at all.

I enjoy the Saturday night endurance races and I would like to find a temporary solution that would allow the same group of drivers to race in a format that is as similar to the existing one as possible while eliminating the effects of the tire wear bug. Waiting on PD to fix their game is most likely going to take a very long time.

I don't think it's a 'major' problem. If we now know what to do to make the selection window pop up, lets race!

The pit bug isnt that the menu doesnt appear. You must be off throttle and on the brakes coming into pits for it to pop up. The pit bug/glitch is when the same tires are put on and the car is actually slower, and the tires wear faster.

Deal with it! It's happening to everyone in the race, making it that all is on the same playing field.

It seems we have established the pit menu problem isn't actually a bug. Why don't we keep doing enduros anyway? Yeah the tyre wear bugs means we have to pit more, but its still fair for everyone right?

I agree. Everything works correctly except for a 'minor' tire wear bug. SO WHAT! Canceling SPEC until this is fixed is going to the extreme, in my opinion. LETS RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it's a 'major' problem. If we now know what to do to make the selection window pop up, lets race!

Deal with it! It's happening to everyone in the race, making it that all is on the same playing field.

I agree. Everything works correctly except for a 'minor' tire wear bug. SO WHAT! Canceling SPEC until this is fixed is going to the extreme, in my opinion. LETS RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually it doesnt happen to everyone in the race.

I have an idea if this could make things easier if we ran a race tomorrow night. Tonight we could do testing on the Daytona road course with the cars we were going to use in the 2.4 hour endurance. Do like a 25 or 30 lap race with pit requirements and if it is successful with the pit box coming up, then we would be able to run the 2.4 hour endurance like was planned for last Saturday, just an idea popping into my head. How do you guys feel about it, start around the same time we would do the Saturday Night endurance races. I held down the brake button on my controller which is the square button during an online test run at Daytona road course 10 laps with a 2 pit requirement and both times the pit box to change compounds came up. If you want me to host the room if we do a test run tonight, would it be a friends only room?

Okay, after reading everyone's posts, lets carry on with racing! Are we going to do the 2.4 Hours of Daytona tomorrow? Then we can get the tracks figured out so we can start Season 15 next week?

I've never had any problems with the pit box coming up, and I never really noticed any problems with tire ware. So lets get back on track and resume racing!

2.4 hours of daytona is on. I will open the lobby @9pm. We will begin qualifying @ 9:30. 15 minute qualifying session. Then we race. 80+1. Hopefully everyone remembers what car they chose.

I will still be using the Nissan GTR for the 2.4 hour endurance tomorrow night.

is the grid full? I'd like to race if there's any openings. If not i will host a test session with the subaru for those who don't fit on the grid.

I'm giving you guys a heads up that I am working today until 6pm Az time/MST so I'll try to get home as quickly as I can without racing with the cops. Lol, hopefully when I do get home i can get a couple of practice laps in, still need to work on throttle control especially on a controller.

is the grid full? I'd like to race if there's any openings. If not i will host a test session with the subaru for those who don't fit on the grid.
@racefan78 Pick up a Subaru Impreza GT300 an you can take Vol spot as he wont be able to make it.

I'm giving you guys a heads up that I am working today until 6pm Az time/MST so I'll try to get home as quickly as I can without racing with the cops. Lol, hopefully when I do get home i can get a couple of practice laps in, still need to work on throttle control especially on a controller.

Qualifying wont start till about 9:30. If we must we can push it pack to 9:45ish to accomadate those who want ot race but are running late.

Last edited:
We're going to do it anyway, and next week we'll be starting Season 15. We've decided that it doesn't make sense to just wait around for PD to fix everything(and probably mess something else up in the process), so we're gonna carry on racing!
Is it the same rules? RS and RM and one required stop? and I haw to just let go if the gas when entering the pits and I m good?

Is it the same rules? RS and RM and one required stop? and I haw to just let go if the gas when entering the pits and I m good?

Yep, same rules. Personally I've never had any problems entering pits, but keeping off the gas and brake when entering would be a good idea.

Back