• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whoa - 3 hours at Spa? Too much allergy for me to jump in on that, but I want to.

Good luck.

Actually it's only 2 hours, we've decide to cut back as the race at Silverstone went on way too long. Now it's about the same length as our normal races.

What is the +\- on midnight? I have to pick my son up from his cast party (locally) at midnight, but I bet he would not mind a couple extra minutes with his new friends... But I have seen the girls and want to make certain it is only a couple of minutes! ;)

Bought the Vette, a Viper, the BMW, have the Peugeot, bought the Audi. I will give them a quick run through and see what I can see.

Can I ask when we might know if a spot opens? Will there be a cut off time, so that if we have not heard by say 9:30 we can assume there isn't a spot open? Sorry, just excited is all.

If things are about full, I will back out, my wife/kids usually claim Saturday night. If not... I am still interested.

Guys just making sure, what is going to happen with the cautions laps this time, I don't want confusion like last time because its highly annoying and ruins the race for a number of drivers.

Any restrictions on tires as far as qualifying goes? Didn't see in original post just wanted to check before I used racing soft for that since I don't favor them in a race.

I guess this means I'm a reserve?

You can put me down for BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11.

Sorry about that, I thought I had looked far enough back and accounted for everyone. Your a now on the the list of drivers for tonight.

@aliengamer25 - Due to my error in the drivers list, I've moved you to the reserve list, and you'll be the first one allowed to join if someone doesn't make it.

If things are about full, I will back out, my wife/kids usually claim Saturday night. If not... I am still interested.
I'll let you know if we've got space, so don't count yourself out yet!

Guys just making sure, what is going to happen with the cautions laps this time, I don't want confusion like last time because its highly annoying and ruins the race for a number of drivers.

That's why I've made the guide for multi-class racing. Hopefully this will prevent any issues tonight.

S.N.A.I.L. [Enduro] Racing Multi-Class Racing Guide

Any restrictions on tires as far as qualifying goes? Didn't see in original post just wanted to check before I used racing soft for that since I don't favor them in a race.

You may qualify on any tire you'd like, and it doesn't matter which you start on. :)

Sorry about that, I thought I had looked far enough back and accounted for everyone. Your a now on the the list of drivers for tonight.

@aliengamer25 - Due to my error in the drivers list, I've moved you to the reserve list, and you'll be the first one allowed to join if someone doesn't make it.

I'll let you know if we've got space, so don't count yourself out yet!

That's fine man no issues, it happens. Ill keep an eye out, I've been practicing the past few weeks and haven't been able to keep up but ill be more of a regular once the new season starts. :gtpflag:

Yea, I am running some Deltawing practice laps and 7 laps in still red laps... I may be running the C6 instead, it is just more fun for me at this point. Why does the rear come around so easy with the Deltawing?

If you like I'll still run the Deltawing just for the hey of it. I have nothing to lose and it may be fun. That's all I'm running for tonight anyways.

It's up to you what you'd like to use; and if you go with the Deltawing, I wish you the best of luck driving it! I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I heard that running a higher brake balance up front and a lower one in the rear make the car a little more controllable. Brake balance and power limiting are the only options that aren't prohibited from being changed when the room is set to tuning prohibited.

Also try not to lift off on turn in and mid corner as that is when the car is at it's least stable. The way it's designed it means that the bulk of the weight is in the back, and it loses control pretty easily because of that. Kinda reminds me of the way you're supposed to drive older Porsche 911s.

Cautions:
- At the beginning of each caution period, the lead driver will hit the pause button and type "Caution"
- The rest of the field will group up behind the leader regardless of what lap your on

- pits are closed for the lead class the lap before caution start
- Cautions run for two laps(exceptions being Nurburgring and Le Mans)
- race resumes at the end of the second lap, in the same format as the start

Just to confirm, in the GT class, the pits are ALWAYS open then, correct? If that it correct, what happens if Im already in the pits when Caution is called (btw - Im in GT). Do I have to go to the back of the group or do I hold my position when I exit?

Thanks

Actually guys, never mind me, I will withdraw my application. Judging by the caliber of the drivers in this group, I am no where near prepared and would only hinder things.

Since we have some people on a wait I am dropping. Starting to yawn already and the start is 90 minutes away. Maybe some other time and good luck tonight and Sunday!:)👍

Just to confirm, in the GT class, the pits are ALWAYS open then, correct? If that it correct, what happens if Im already in the pits when Caution is called (btw - Im in GT). Do I have to go to the back of the group or do I hold my position when I exit?

Thanks

Yes the pits are always open for the GT class, as it's a little hard to figure out exactly where the GT cars will be when the lead LMP1 car enters caution. Once caution is called you'll continue around the track until you catch up with the field. The line following the leader will be in order of when you catch the leader. This means that the leader could be followed by 2 or 3(or even more of the second class), before another car of it's class.

At the end of the first caution lap, everyone is allowed to pit if they so choose. If you pit, you do surrender the position you had when caution started, as someone may come out ahead of you or choose to skip pitting entirely. This is the only way positions will possibly change during caution. Any other passing is not allowed, and you are required to give the position back. If you are not sure if you are a lap or more down, you can chose to make that up once the entire field has grouped up. :)

I'll add that the post, as we'll be referring to it in the future for all our other special multi-class races. Thank you for bringing this up for clarification! :)

cmbeal317

Since we have some people on a wait I am dropping. Starting to yawn already and the start is 90 minutes away. Maybe some other time and good luck tonight and Sunday!:)👍

Sorry to hear that you won't be racing tonight. Hopefully you'll join us next week for the season 16 finale. :)

Actually guys, never mind me, I will withdraw my application. Judging by the caliber of the drivers in this group, I am no where near prepared and would only hinder things.

Don't say that! It's possible for anyone to win irregardless of skill. Who knows, you could have a flawless race and come out on top of your class! Plus having as many people as possible makes the race more interesting.

Start time is 10EST, right?

Also, the real race has ended, obviously, but I'm not sure if talking about it is going to be allowed, as maybe some people haven't watched it yet.
If so, please advise.

Mic are off during race? Can be on during qualy and lobby time?

See you all on the track soon.

Same here. And apparently my wife's car died at the show, so I get to pick them up, and go back a few hours later to get the Party Man-i-mal.

Don't say that! It's possible for anyone to win irregardless of skill. Who knows, you could have a flawless race and come out on top of your class! Plus having as many people as possible makes the race more interesting.

It becomes very interesting when the prototypes catch up to the GT cars and have to get by.

Back