Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds good to me.

To do a full day night cycle, we used 15 last week. I used a formula someone on GTPlanet posted and for an hour and a half 16 was the number it came up with.

Okay! 16 works for me!👍

Sounds good to me.

To do a full day night cycle, we used 15 last week. I used a formula someone on GTPlanet posted and for an hour and a half 16 was the number it came up with.

EDIT: And maybe we set the start to earlier in the day so we get a little more light to get used to the track ;)

Yes! We can start familiarizing/qualifing early morning and when we start the race it should be late morning/early afternoon.
Cheeb , can you hop on at 9:55 to help set up the track?

Yes! We can start familiarizing/qualifing early morning and when we start the race it should be late morning/early afternoon.
Cheeb , can you hop on at 9:55 to help set up the track?

Last week I started the track at 5:30 which should get the sun coming up as we begin practice/qualifying, so somewhere around that should work. I used 15 last week for the time progression as Nic had suggested. I'll be hopping on here in a few minutes, see you all shortly!

cmbeal317

Last week I started the track at 5:30 which should get the sun coming up as we begin practice/qualifying, so somewhere around that should work. I used 15 last week for the time progression as Nic had suggested. I'll be hopping on here in a few minutes, see you all shortly!

cmbeal317

👍

gYCIvYS.jpg

Everyone getting ready for their "Night Moves"
eNbj03I.jpg

Wii leading the field into turn one
le14RcN.jpg

Wii and Kendawg pulling away early
lUbdacM.jpg

Kendawg passing for the lead
oEQUioT.jpg

Nic and AJ giving a spectator a lesson
kcQZzK9.jpg

kcheeb taking advantage of tcrash's off track
n4YwHD1.jpg

beal enjoying a night out
P3TDCRY.jpg

Wii and Kendawg battling all race
GaXyri0.jpg

Side by side by side racing in the night. These guys are good
ayBCf5F.jpg

Beal pulling over to ask the campers if there is a drive in movie close by
dgpQy3p.jpg

Wii passing Kendawg on the last lap as Kendawg pits
nmCl6HT.jpg

rossi getting on the podium in 3rd place
Ok467v2.jpg

Kendawg getting on the podium in 2nd
27LjqUy.jpg

Getting the pole and stopping Kendawg's winning streak. Wiiiii running late in the wiiii night taking the wiiiin.

Last edited:
The streak is over?! Wii congrats
so how was it. Was it to complicated or was it a good night?

We didn't see the sun. It stayed dark the whole race.

What kendawg said, the track was fine, had a decent number of high speed and low speed corners. Could maybe have been a little longer for an endurance race.

The only 👎 for me was not getting the day/night cycle right. I'd suggest not using it again until we have a better understanding of how to set it up for an hour and a half race. Obviously the formula I found was not correct, sorry gang.

The only 👎 for me was not getting the day/night cycle right. I'd suggest not using it again until we have a better understanding of how to set it up for an hour and a half race. Obviously the formula I found was not correct, sorry gang.

No, I'm pretty sure that the Toscana tracks will go from day to night, but not back to day.

Good racing last night 👍 I would've liked to see some daylight, but the eternal night made for an interesting twist. Had some good battling with kendawg during the first stint. After that we didn't see much of each other as we split off with our different strategies. The track was pretty fun considering it was randomly generated. It had a decent mix of slow/fast corners.

No, I'm pretty sure that the Toscana tracks will go from day to night, but not back to day.
I guess if we ever do Toscana again we should start early in the morning, and then end at night.

Good racing last night 👍 I would've liked to see some daylight, but the eternal night made for an interesting twist. Had some good battling with kendawg during the first stint. After that we didn't see much of each other as we split off with our different strategies. The track was pretty fun considering it was randomly generated. It had a decent mix of slow/fast corners.

Good stuff, glad it was enjoyed. I was a little nervous about how it would turn out.

I guess if we ever do Toscana again we should start early in the morning, and then end at night.

That was my intent, but the earliest I could set the start time for was 18:00 and that started as soon as the track loaded. Maybe we should slow down the transition from day to night so we get daylight early in the race and finish at night.

That was my intent, but the earliest I could set the start time for was 18:00 and that started as soon as the track loaded. Maybe we should slow down the transition from day to night so we get daylight early in the race and finish at night.

I was playing with this yesterday. Maybe start it at 18:00 and put the time change level at 3.

I thought that the race turned out pretty good. I agree with kcheeb , if we run Toscana again , lets have it without time change.
The track was a little short but live and learn. Maybe a 5 section track might add a mile.

Congrats WiiFreak for the win! WiiFreak and kendawg said to the rest of us 'see ya' and the next time I saw them was when they lapped me:crazy:.

All and all fun track and can't wait for the next one.

Thanks kcheeb for choosing last nights track:tup:

Thanks kcheeb for explaining that. I was doing some texting while driving. It's ok I'm a professional
I screwed up my pit strategy. When I get back home I will play with it some more & see if I can figure the time thing out.

Hey all,

Just want to let everyone know, that as of last night all the points have been updated. Also I wanted to announce a change for how we'll be racing Saturday nights. fzappa proposed a new way of running the races, hopefully everyone will agree with this. So the following will be the schedule of events for tonight:

10:00 - 10:15 PM - Practice/Qualifying for Qualifying Race
10:15 - 11:00 PM(approx.) - Qualifying Race(10 points awarded for participation)
11:00 - 11:05 PM - 5 min. break
11:05 - 11:50 PM(approx.) - Championship Race(Normal Points awarded)
11:50 - Whenever - Discuss anything for the league that needs to be taken care of, etc.

This new system will hopefully allow more people to race with us, but don't feel like racing for 1:30 min without a break. Also if someone can't make it home in time for the first race, they can still join the championship race, the same applying to those who get disconnected during the qualifying race.

What we'll do at the end of the qualifying race is we'll run the next race with the results from the race before, so where ever you finish in the qualifying race you'll start for the championship race. In addition I'll be awarding 10 points to everyone who participates in the qualifying race, to give everyone and incentive to show up at normal time and not just show up for the main race.

As for tires, I think for both races we'll go with the usual compound change. So therefore with tonight looking like it would be about 83-85 laps, were going to go with 42 laps in each race, which should get us pretty close to 45 minutes each race. If all goes well tonight, then I'll add this to the first post and we'll continue on with this format.

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask, and hopefully everyone will be on the same page about the changes tonight. Hope to see a great turnout tonight!

cmbeal317

Sorry guys, not going to make it tonight. Not made it back home yet. Will be here next Saturday for sure.
I like the new system. Hope it works out O.K.

Latest Posts

Back