• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well crap. I was hoping to run tonight's race but I'm in the middle of working on something and it may take longer than I want it to. If it times out good I'll be there, if not, I reckon I'll drop in when this project is done and see how it's going.

Well crap. I was hoping to run tonight's race but I'm in the middle of working on something and it may take longer than I want it to. If it times out good I'll be there, if not, I reckon I'll drop in when this project is done and see how it's going.

Don't worry if you can't make it by 10:15, with the new schedule we're running, we'll be starting the second race a little after 11. :) The first race is qualifying for the main championship race. All you'll miss out on would be the 10 points for doing the qualifying race. Hope you can make it!

cmbeal317

I can't believe that you forgot to turn boost off

We didn't forget to turn it off. We set it for weak and that is the way we are going to race this season.
Keeps the racing close and if you mess up , you have a chance to catch up.

I thought the second race was awesome. The first race was really fun but crazy:crazy:
The whole idea is to have fun , some close racing. Nobody being lapped.

I hope everyone else had a good time tonight!

Really disappointed with my 8th place tonight. My strategy was on point but my wreck on lap 21 killed the whole thing. Congrats to ross on that W n i will see you guys in 2 weeks in Japan

It was on low on purpose

Really? I couldn't explain why I was doing 1:21's with hard tires and reach the front pack in a matter of a few laps, and then I couldn't overtake them

Why did you guys set it on low?

I'm a bit upset that my races were messed up at the last laps

Last edited:
Had a blast. The second race was really good. rossi and I were side by side for a few turns. Then we did some rubbing and I hit the sandy with the left side tires. Lost 3 positions just like that. Very intense and focus racing..

Good race rossi..

Had a blast. The second race was really good. rossi and I were side by side for a few turns. Then we did some rubbing and I hit the sandy with the left side tires. Lost 3 positions just like that. Very intense and focus racing..

Good race rossi..

thanks Kendawg and THRASH. I started on RH, pits lap 2, came out of the pits 47 seconds behind because I took a bad line into the pits. car must have gone into reverse three times before it lined up enough to enter the pits. it took about 12 laps to catch up with lap times at 1:18 and pit cycle. so boost set at weak was reducing my normal lap time by 4 sec a lap. once you catch up its hard to pass though. at that point lap times returned to 1:22.

I like the close racing but boost and multiple races completely removes strategy and driver skill. I thought that was the point of endurance racing. 30 laps isn't enduro, stopping for tea half way thru isn't enduro, removing tire and fuel strategy isn't enduro, crashing into the pits and coming out 47 sec behind AND still winning the race isn't enduro. it's fun and nobody left the race but its not enduro. Thus ends my little rant.

I like the close racing but boost and multiple races completely removes strategy and driver skill. I thought that was the point of endurance racing. 30 laps isn't enduro, stopping for tea half way thru isn't enduro, removing tire and fuel strategy isn't enduro, crashing into the pits and coming out 47 sec behind AND still winning the race isn't enduro. it's fun and nobody left the race but its not enduro. Thus ends my little rant.

I agree, but I think we're in the minority.

i like the close racing but boost and multiple races completely removes strategy and driver skill. I thought that was the point of endurance racing. 30 laps isn't enduro, stopping for tea half way thru isn't enduro, removing tire and fuel strategy isn't enduro, crashing into the pits and coming out 47 sec behind and still winning the race isn't enduro. It's fun and nobody left the race but its not enduro. Thus ends my little rant.

+1

Guys I won't be making this event anymore. Thanks for the races I was able to make.

Best of luck.

Guys, I appreciate what you're saying about endurance races and respect your opinions 👍

My thoughts, having a small handful of drivers able to actually win the race is going to limit the number of drivers that will participate. Let's face it, the adrenalin goes up when you have a full grid, way up :)

To try and promote that beal and crash tried an experiment last night, that I for one think was very successful. High boost not so much, low boost 👍 It kept everyone in the game and allowed a higher level of racecraft than High Boost.

Bottom line for me, the second race, using low boost, made for 45 minutes of pure excitement :) The old format, without boost, gave me 10 ish minutes, then I was doing 60 to 70 minutes of time trials.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the old format, it was a test of my ability to focus, but what I experienced last night went well beyond that 👍

Perhaps a name change is in order?

Guys, I appreciate what you're saying about endurance races and respect your opinions 👍

My thoughts, having a small handful of drivers able to actually win the race is going to limit the number of drivers that will participate. Let's face it, the adrenalin goes up when you have a full grid, way up :)

To try and promote that beal and crash tried an experiment last night, that I for one think was very successful. High boost not so much, low boost 👍 It kept everyone in the game and allowed a higher level of racecraft than High Boost.

Bottom line for me, the second race, using low boost, made for 45 minutes of pure excitement :) The old format, without boost, gave me 10 ish minutes, then I was doing 60 to 70 minutes of time trials.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the old format, it was a test of my ability to focus, but what I experienced last night went well beyond that 👍

Perhaps a name change is in order?[/QUOTE

this is very true kcheeb. my heart was pounding big time almost the entire race. especially with you hounding my @$$ on the last lap!

Coming from a person who is usually never in the hunt for the W, and cmbeal will agree, us drivers who usually do time trials in the back actually had a shot in this. Yeah i wasnt in it in the 2nd race but if i didnt have a 13 second wreck on lap 21 i would have been up there. I think this format will bring more drivers & it makes it way more interesting. With boost on high it really doesnt matter what tire you use, but on low, it effects it. I did the 1st 21 laps on hards n i could keep up but i couldnt get in the action. With the softs i would have been but there is still some strategy to make with this format. I personally love it & i vote to keep it.

Perhaps a name change is in order?

Maybe we can turn the Tuesday night race into the same race and cars but without boost. Just a thought.
I could do either boost or no boost. I just like the racing either way.

Its a new season here in SPEC. With a new season comes a new car and whole new challenges. Tonight the season starts off with a "BANG" as the Camaro '10 RM makes her debut in the series. The first American car to ever be used in the SPEC series, so why not start the season off in America! Welcome to Laguna Seca. This 11 turn, 2.238 Mile course could offer the best racing SPEC has ever seen. Last season the Racing Soft compound was the biggest change to the series. Now the Duel as the 1st race, then the main feature as the second, will offer closer racing and a better finish. Lastly the biggest most noticed change, BOOST. The drivers experiment with Boost on high for the 1st race, and boost on low for the 2nd race. Laguna Seca will definitely be remembered for a long time.

ZINxcnZ.jpg

Eight drivers line up on the grid to start off the new season and the new car in Laguna

Hd5Gowj.jpg

The reigning champion rossitronic starts from the 3rd position trying to keep the magic going to try to win a 2nd championship.

Bo51n79.jpg

After winning the first three races in the Lexus last season, Kendawg198 was a sure winner of the Championship last season. But missing the last race of the season cost him the championship. He will try to win it this season and he starts P1 for the Duel.

xGeUIxC.jpg

The anticipation is over. The countdown to the new Season has ended as eight drivers brake hard into Turn 1 trying to salvage every position not knowing whats in store for this race.

fBohLC0.jpg

Every driver in Gran Turismo has had an experience with the corkscrew. It will get you eventually but these drivers practice their lines going down the corkscrew trying to pass and keep up with the leader.

sz0RnwW.jpg

There are 30 laps in the 1st Duel, and 30 laps in the main feature. Every driver experiments in the first race trying to correct their strategy for the more important 2nd race.

yH93Dke.jpg

With the boost on high, all 8 drivers were nose to tail throughout the whole race. When that many cars are that close at high speeds wrecks will happen. cmbeal317 goes for a ride as tcrash15 and THRASH_46 dodge hitting him.

kceorLh.jpg

For the first time ever, 4 (thats right I said four) cars are in the battle for the win with one lap to go! Kendawg198 takes the white flag leading tcrash15 in second, kcheeb in third, and BerdiyevA in forth.

D0gNg7j.jpg

The battle turns into a three-way race as tcrash15 spins off course

HaVHZjw.jpg

with Kendawg198 in first, followed by kcheeb and BerdiyevA, they race hard into the corkscrew. Ken hits his marks perfectly and makes it through, but kcheeb spins at the bottem of the hill and BerdiyevA takes it wide and goes for a trip through the sand.

Ekd2pSj.jpg

After close quarters racing throughout the whole Duel. Kendawg198 coasts it to victory as the race for 2nd is very intense through the last turn. The grid is set for the main feature!

fsjyTC5.jpg

Well afternthe most intense 30 laps in SPEC history, we got to do it again. This time boost was on low and dragonwhisky joined the party. The results of the first race and the starting grid for the points race are
1st Kendawg198
2nd rossitronic
3rd tcrash15
4th BerdiyevA
5th THRASH_46
6th cmbeal317
7th AJHG1000
8th kcheeb
9th dragonwhisky (missed the Duel)

oaIphri.jpg

Kendawg198 starts Laguna off strong getting a large lead through the first lap.\

TUl3LSL.jpg

Cant go too fast into those pits. It'll bite you everytime. rossitronic makes a pitstop Lap 3 and wrecks into the pitlane wall.

PxYUSWH.jpg

Everyone has commited to their strategy. Maybe the crews made some changes from the first race but Ken, tcrash15, and BerdiyevA make their pitstops togeter. (Note: The amazing skill of the pit crews to lift up the cars and change the tires without even moving. Amazing)

vCVaoHs.jpg

Only a couple laps to go in this one. If your not where you want to be in the closing laps, you better hustle to get there. The leading cars set up the closest finish ever with only two laps to go its anyones race.

nudYOSH.jpg

four cars were in it last race, now SIX cars are battling for the win in the feature! Kendawg198 leading the field takes Turn 4 to wide and rossitronic and the field take the positions.

X9zFKKr.jpg

Only three corners left and rossitronic and kcheeb are side by side for the victory! SPEC Racing has never been this close and intense in the closing laps!

Bf0qis2.jpg

With a wreck on Lap 3, rossitronic recovers and holds off the field taking the Victory in Round 1! The reigning champion takes his #41 Camaro to Victory Lane!

Laguna Seca was one hell of a race. I have participated in Saturdays Premier Enduro Club for many seasons and many races and i have never seen so much close racing in my life. This new format makes it equal for Division 4 & 5 drivers to go for the wins against Division 1 & 2 drivers. Everyone has a chance with this format and i hope it stays. Next week The Camaros take it to Japan in the city of Tokyo. SPEC makes its first return to the city since the Acura race and Nic-KL's pull over incident. (LOL had to mention it) I will season you guys again in two weeks in Suzuka and hopefully te close action stays the same for weeks to come!

Great photos thrash :D

Looking foward for the next race, I'll be more careful here to not mess up and it just happens that Tokyo is one of my favorite tracks, it has a very good combination (High speed corners, long straights and one hairpin)

& thanks for the compliments this is the 1st replay ive ever
A. Watched the ending
B. gotten pics from the middle
Best race yet

Epic post, THRASH! I'll be out of town this weekend, but will definitely try to make it onto the grid next weekend!

Get ready for Saturday in the Big City of Tokyo. Ditch the date and don't be late!!!

HAKLl0a.jpg

Tall Buildings everywhere
lXjQ2OL.jpg

No U-Turns on pit lane
1VBrEQ7.jpg

Make sure you're looking at the right one
mjMYYen.jpg

Slipper when wet through the S turns
8n8H75H.jpg

I guess
3a8etET.jpg

Local store or something..
cubJEe9.jpg

Make sure you know where you're going..

Don't be scared. Bring your Camaro RM and let's get it on...

Better late then never, here's the results from last weeks race!

S.P.E.C. Racing Season 7 Race 1

1st: rossitronic - rossitronic - Indy red/Daytona yellow - #41 Points: 38
2nd: kendawg - kendawg198 - Burgandy/Black - #98 Points: 37
3rd: kcheeb - kcheeb - Purple/stock - #76 Points: 37
4th: fzappa - tcrash15 - Orange/Black - #15 Points: 35
5th: cmbeal317 - cmbeal317 - Red/Silver - #17 Points: 34
6th: BerdiyevA Points: 33
7th: THRASH - THRASH_46 - ?/? - #46 Points: 31
8th: AJHG1000 Points: 30
9th: Dragonwhisky - dragonwhisky - Blue/Blue - #13 Points: 22

Hoping to see a good turnout for tomorrows race at Tokyo! Just a reminder for anyone who wasn't there last week, we are now running with boost set to weak as it helps those who fall back or have accidents, and as last week proved, it keeps us all a lot closer together. See you all tomorrow!

cmbeal317

Back