• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@kendawg - Great pics and commentary as always, but I hope there aren't any Belgians browsing this thread. They might take offense with you giving France credit for producing Spa. ;)

I thought this when I read that where Ken said we were headed next. Decided to keep my big mouth shut about it though. Figured maybe Belgium is a Kingdom inside France or something.

I assumed he was going on vacation before the race.

:lol:

I thought this when I read that where Ken said we were headed next. Decided to keep my big mouth shut about it though. Figured maybe Belgium is a Kingdom inside France or something.

:lol:

Sorry,
After 4 and 1/2 hours of doing the pics my mind was shutting down on me..:)
Can't wait for some good waffles..:lol::cheers:

Really glad everyone likes the pics and commentary. I try to set it up so guys that don't race can see what it is all about and maybe this will invite them to give it a try.

What the frock, kendawg! That has to be the best photo/commentary post in the history of GTPlanet:tup:

Thrash has his work cut out for him. Even though you're both awesome at it:)

If I was looking for a great race on Saturday night and I looked at the pics and read what was written, I would hesitate for a moment to join.

Thanks for putting in the time and it is much, much, appreciated:)👍

Ph1sher
can i race at spa this Saturday with you guys?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but we are more than happy to have you join us! Hopefully you'll stay for more than just Spa. I'll add you to the list right away!

cmbeal317

Really glad everyone likes the pics and commentary. I try to set it up so guys that don't race can see what it is all about and maybe this will invite them to give it a try.

Better than the Speed Report. Makes me want to join the series!!:dopey:

socalspeedfreak
I feel the same. I understand this is a late entry. I'd like to join if you have space on the grid. I believe in clean but hard racing. Its cool if not.

Thanks.

Yeah. I notice that there wrapping up there season but I would love to join and race at spa. Even if I finish last. I won't be mad about it. Basically just to hang in the back the entire way as Im assuming others will be up there competing for the championship

Ph1sher
Yeah. I notice that there wrapping up there season but I would love to join and race at spa. Even if I finish last. I won't be mad about it. Basically just to hang in the back the entire way as Im assuming others will be up there competing for the championship

Not sure if you saw the link to the GT6 competition in the first post(I'd link to it but I'm on my phone), but the points will not be erased at the end of the season and will be added together with next season's points to determine the winner of a copy of GT6! Only thing you'll miss out on would be the new car and track selection.

socalspeedfreak
I feel the same. I understand this is a late entry. I'd like to join if you have space on the grid. I believe in clean but hard racing. Its cool if not.

Thanks.

We'd be very happy to have you join us as well! As I mentioned above, you'll miss out on prize selection for this season, but you'll still be able to get points for the GT6 competition. So dont let this being the last race if the season deter you from not trying your hardest to win!

cmbeal317

i would not want to influence the championship so I'll hang at the back with Ph1sher and we can have our own battle. not too concerned about the prize selection just been watching this thread for a while and looks like clean racing. Thats my main goal to race clean and hard and have fun. I'll get all the details and do a lil test and tune. I'll also check and friend who's lounge the event will be held in. Thanks!! :-)

just to be clear does" no tuning" mean, no suspension, aero of transmission adjustment?

No tuning means absolutely nothing can be changed in the car whatsoever, apart from brake balance. If you already have a RM'ed corvette that has a tune on it, you might as well buy another corvette, racing mod it and then break it in so it's ready to race by Saturday.

Looks like dangerzone has got the no tuning covered, so I'll answer your question about where we race. All S.P.E.C. events are held in the S.N.A.I.L. Division 2 lounge. If you need a friend request, just let me know and I'll add you asap!

Edit: Points are now updated as well! Thank you once again for the recording and posting the points, as well as the awesome photo report from the race Kendawg!

cmbeal317

Last edited:
i would not want to influence the championship so I'll hang at the back with Ph1sher and we can have our own battle. not too concerned about the prize selection just been watching this thread for a while and looks like clean racing. Thats my main goal to race clean and hard and have fun. I'll get all the details and do a lil test and tune. I'll also check and friend who's lounge the event will be held in. Thanks!! :-)

It is always good to race towards the end of the season if you have never raced in SPEC before. That way you can see what it is about and how it works. Then you will be ready for the new season.

can i race at spa this Saturday with you guys?

Thanks.

It is always good to race towards the end of the season if you have never raced in SPEC before. That way you can see what it is about and how it works. Then you will be ready for the new season.

Welcome to the SPEC family!:) You'll have a good time. The new format is awesome and a great butch of guys. All I have to say is get your vette and pit crew ready and join us.

We would like it if you joined this weekend:tup: Like kendawg said, it will give you an idea on how everything works for the start of the next season.

Also, just remember everyone, we changed up the GT6 prize rules ( this post ) We wanted to be fair and run it for 2 FULL seasons. We offered the prize after one race was completed this season. So, the GT6 Prize is going to be the combined points for Season 12 and 13. I hope everyone agrees:nervous:

I think we just might have a full grid at Spa.

I was frustrated on Saturday because the car feels like it's not even trying, I don't want to miss Spa, it was very funny last time we ran there without boost on (Season 6!!!, with the IS-F :D).

I'm going to find out what's wrong with my Vette, I have a brand new RM sitting in my garage waiting to break it in, and compare its lap times with my older Vette, that's the best I can do :)

Ohh, and welcome speedfreak :D:tup:

Since we are combining the next two seasons for the prize. What if we take the best 9 races. Meaning we can drop one race. That way if someone had to miss a race or had an off race night the points would still remain close.

Or even take the best 4 of 5 for each season (8 total) like we do in Snail.
Just a thought

Since we are combining the next two seasons for the prize. What if we take the best 9 races. Meaning we can drop one race. That way if someone had to miss a race or had an off race night the points would still remain close.

Or even take the best 4 of 5 for each season (8 total) like we do in Snail.
Just a thought

The best 4 out of 5 sounds like a good idea. I'll make the final, official, Prize Rules post next week, after this season.

The best 4 out of 5 sounds like a good idea. I'll make the final, official, Prize Rules post next week, after this season.

Any chance was can implement this awesome rule for the current season? If so, I'd like to formally appeal the 3 point penalty I received in Race 3. If I win my appeal, I'd be in a battle for 2nd place in the championship this Saturday night! :dopey:

(Just kidding of course - I have no expectations of the points system changing this season. My strategy in the season finale will be to hold onto my slim 19 point lead for 4th place! :lol:)

I've been perusing and looking for a series or two to join and came across this one. The OP says no vehicle tuning is allowed at all? Not even suspension/aero? I ask because I think the zr1 rm handles like a cruise liner without a few tweaks here and there.

Ah. Sad day. I find that softening the front a tad works wonders for turn-in in that car. And allows a little bit of trail braking. Oh well. Let me go practice and learn how to be fast with it stock then I'm coming racing with you guys!

I've been perusing and looking for a series or two to join and came across this one. The OP says no vehicle tuning is allowed at all? Not even suspension/aero? I ask because I think the zr1 rm handles like a cruise liner without a few tweaks here and there.

i asked the same question!!:dopey:

As I said in an earlier post, the reason for no vehicle tuning is because we want to put everybody on equal playing ground and have the race be about your racing ability not your tuning ability. The only thing that you will be able to adjust and set the way you like it is your brake bias.
Welcome to SPEC and hope to see you Sat night.

I tested my vette at spa and I got a mid 2:11, I haven't done any test with my other vette because it's not broken in yet...

How good (or bad) is the lap?

Back