◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Sure is, 2nd hour, I'll have an update on the first event, its going to be held on Daytona, then daytona road course. All night. First hour racing LM cars in the 500-530 pp range. One race at daytona, the next at daytona road course. Then back to the 650-450-300pp cat mouse.

n00b question: What are "LM cars" that you refer to?

Then untuned cars at those PP's above with what tire combos?
Any particular other restrictions (FR/Premium only, etc)?

Is tire wear still on, or is it off now?

All is answered here, in the update!

LM cars are LeMans GT type race cars. I believe they are only in GT5 though. Anyway, all LM cars a denoted as LM in their name. Im looking for the race cars, as there are also road going LM versions of a few cars as well. Anyway, their are many LM cars. Rx7, s2000, GT-R, and many others. if you dont have one, let me know, and I maybe able to do something for ya.

Does this list help? I assume you are looking for the Le Mans fantasy cars:

• Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car
  • Ford Ford GT LM Race Car
  • Ford Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
  • Ford Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
  • Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car
  • Honda S2000 LM Race Car
  • Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car
  • Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car
  • Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car
  • Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car
  • Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car
  • Pagani Zonda LM Race Car

Exo, thanks for coming out tonight. Please don't be intimidated by what you saw.. Most of the drivers on the grid tonight are in Division 1 (or on the way to it) so they're in a league of their own. Well, technically, a division of their own lol.. But yeah I agree, "Clean, mature driving at the highest level" is probably the best description of our Division 1 drivers to date. In the past, we've just used descriptions like "cyborgs", "aliens", and "mutants". :lol:

But in all seriousness, if you really hope to to improve your racing skills, I've got two words for you: Thursday Tutoring

Getting personal instruction from a formal professional race car driver definitely does not suck if you're wanting to improve. Nuff said!

I am very interested in the tutoring sessions. I will most likely be there this week. I am on call at work this week so I won't be concrete on anything. But if things stay quiet, I will surely check it out!

Duping working. Put me down for XJR-9 Purple.

Not sure about the wheels. Could just go with bare metal, black, or purple.

Good to see your duping without any issues. I tried to look up what kind of purple XJR-9 is, but I don't have a copy. Can you please describe the shade of purple it is? (dark, light, matte, pastel, etc). cheeb has also picked purple so I would prefer to have variation in the shades if the same color is picked. However, I guess it's not as big a deal if you two have different wheel colors.

Also, are you still planning to host your Parity Racing Project in the D2 lounge tomorrow night? If so, do you want to provide a list of drivers who will need access the D2 lounge? I can send them a D2 friend request so that both groups can be combined into the same lounge.

Good to see your duping without any issues. I tried to look up what kind of purple XJR-9 is, but I don't have a copy. Can you please describe the shade of purple it is?

640px-Jaguar_XJR9.jpg

I'm not sure what shade Cheeb wants. I do like the Midnight Purples, but they don't work on all cars since they are so dark. So far, this XJR-9 Purple has worked on every car I've tested. I am flexible on wheels.

Also, are you still planning to host your Parity Racing Project in the D2 lounge tomorrow night? If so, do you want to provide a list of drivers who will need access the D2 lounge? I can send them a D2 friend request so that both groups can be combined into the same lounge.

Yes, I am. And I've warned people in the other thread that they need to add SNAIL_Division2, so expect some friend requests.

I'm not sure what shade Cheeb wants. I do like the Midnight Purples, but they don't work on all cars since they are so dark. So far, this XJR-9 Purple has worked on every car I've tested. I am flexible on wheels.

I lean more towards the lighter purples, some might even say mauve, and run stock wheels.

I lean more towards the lighter purples, some might even say mauve, and run stock wheels.

Awesome, that works out well. I'll put garris down for dark purple and cheeb down for light purple. I'm really behind on the colors right now. There are several color requests that I've yet to add to the list. :crazy:

Yes, I am. And I've warned people in the other thread that they need to add SNAIL_Division2, so expect some friend requests.

Okay, thanks for confirming. I just checked out your other thread to read the "warning" you posted, however I'm not comfortable with the part about asking non-SNAILs to leave. The way I see it, this is your/their event first and foremost. If anyone would need to leave, it's the new people (SNAILs) who are getting introduced to the series. Just my two cents.

I'm on holiday starting tomorrow for 8 days and will be missing this Sundays races :(

I will have internet access, so can check in to see what's what. Have a good week!

See you all when I get back.

dudeondacouch
What's all this color talk?

It came from a suggestion... Er.. An idea that we consider a "signature" color for Sunday NightRaces.

I'd reconsider my colors to a yellow hue, but that'd be as inconsistent as my driving!

Im gonna have to pull out tonight. The power steering just went out in our Audi so I'm afraid I will be elbows deep in that car trying to figure out a solution to the issue.
I also would like to give a big thanks to doughboy. I just checked my bspec drivers.:D:cheers: Millions!!! 98% of those races came from you. Gonna send you a little something special for the cool 12 million cr. you made me. I just loaded up the grind app and loaded you and the rest of the snails with bobs on share into my preferred list.going to help grind everyone into better GT5 wealth.

just noticed this.
no need to thank me rally. i thank devious for the grinder widget and so it just runs when im not playing. i did trim the fat on my friend's list to just active snails.

on the Monday Mayhem page it says 5oopp? That seems low for LM cars. i only have the Ford GT LM race car spec 2. with all ballast and 50% power its at 530 pp. just throwing that out there.

just noticed this.
no need to thank me rally. i thank devious for the grinder widget and so it just runs when im not playing. i did trim the fat on my friend's list to just active snails.

That app make no sense! So I have 3 names that I want used always, and another 5 to use at random. its only picking from one name! grrr!:mad:

That app make no sense! So I have 3 names that I want used always, and another 5 to use at random. its only picking from one name! grrr!:mad:

If the bobs of the drivers are being used, then you'll run into that problem. You can set the number of bobs it will leave open to other people, you can set it as low as 0 or as high as 5.

sharkie
If the bobs of the drivers are being used, then you'll run into that problem. You can set the number of bobs it will leave open to other people, you can set it as low as 0 or as high as 5.

Does my PS3 have to be on, or what setting do I need to adjust?

That's code for "I am interested in dis!"

Last edited:
Does my PS3 have to be on, or what setting do I need to adjust?

That's code for "I am interested in dis!"

If you are going to have your computer run the widget, then yes, your PS3 needs to be running GT5 and in GT LIFE / COMMUNITY / B-spec (headset) / Server Standby mode. Then the widget logs in as you and runs the PS3 from your computer, as long as your computer and your PS3 are online, you are good to go! :D

I'm old school. I don't use the widget, I just grind by hand. That way, it lets me have more control over my picks. I know there are some options in the tool, but I don't know how many options. I always leave one driver alone, I don't race drivers with full bobbles (no need to race him more if you aren't going to cash him out), I start out only running a max of two drivers per person, and I pick drivers with blue or green arrows. If I run out of eligible drivers, then I'll start picking third drivers from people and start picking drivers with down arrows.

Besides, I work from home most days and can pull up the web page easy enough to launch the race by hand, and after five races, I can go downstairs and check out the used car dealership. :)

What's all this color talk?

I haven't checked the forum in a while and I just noticed all this color talk as well. I've looked back over the posts about it, and I'm still slightly confused. Is choosing a color mandatory? I always drive silver cars, but I never bother to make sure they're all the same shade...

Back