◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Speaking of which, I checked out the two overtaking maneuvers that you were involved with at the swimming pool section. Very nice racecraft indeed! 👍

Yes, it was awesome.

Once, Bronco was behind me and I messed up the left-hander after the chicane, so we enter the pool section and Bronco is faster than me. He presses his advantage, but doesn't bully his way. And I could've shut the door on him, but that might've cost us both. I hop off my line just enough and we both get through with no contact at all and he cleanly passes me.

A few laps later, I think I was behind Apmaddock or Chuthulu, and I didn't plan it. I was faster going into la piscine and got on the inside of him before the exit and he let me have it. Again, no contact.

I think it was great examples of how to push a chance for a pass without bullying and causing a wreck and how to recognize when you've lost a corner and surrender without causing a wreck.

Hurts me to say, even though I only got one Sunday race to do, but I have to pull out of SNAIL.

Pregnant wife due soon and work has been kicking me around lately. I haven't loaded GT5 in 10-14 days probably.

Sorry. Maybe later on if things slow down I can try and come back.

Thanks for the good times.

M3 GTR Race Car Challenge

M3GTR Challenge by cmbeal317, on Flickr
Date and Time:
Saturday Nights
10:00pm to approx. 11:30pm EDT

Car:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car ‘01

Practice/Qualifying:
30 minutes will be allotted to qualifying. Practice may be done at anytime, but seeing as there are events and practice taking up the other nights of the week, there will be no official practice sessions. This is why I extended practice/qualifying to 30 min. Please feel free though to practice anytime, but focus on Sunday night, as that is more important to the overall league.
Race:
American Tour:
Race 1:

Laguna Seca - 48 laps(approx. 1hr.)
250px-Laguna_Seca.svg.png

Race 2:

Daytona International Speedway(Road Course) - Laps to be determined
Daytona_International_Speedway_-_Road_Course.svg

Japanese Tour:
Race 3:

Suzuka Circuit - Laps to be determined
Suzuka_circuit_map--2005.svg

Race 4:
Fuji International Speedway - Laps to be determined
Fuji.svg

GT Original Tour:
Race 5:

Grand Valley Speedway - Laps to be determined
800px-GT5_Circuit_Grand_Valley_Speedway.svg.png

Race 6:
Trial Mountain Circuit - Laps to be determined
800px-GT5_circuit_Trial_Mountain.svg.png

European Tour:
Race 7:

Spa Francorchamps(provided everyone has dlc) - 28 Laps
spa.jpg

Race 8:

Nurburgring 24HR - Laps to be determined
nurburgring-nord24_map.gif

Regulations:

*Copied from Zer05ive's original post, with modifications to the section on tires.*
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run)
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
Grip Reduction: Real
Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard and Racing Medium * Special rules listed below.*
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed

Special Rules:
Due to some confusion I have decided to outline the tire restrictions to hopefully get everyone on the same level.

* You can choose which tires to start the race on, either racing hard or racing medium
* There is a mandatory pit stop during the race
* At this pit stop you should change to which ever tire you did not start on. Example: You start on Racing Hard, at the pit stop you would change to Racing Medium or vice versa
* There is no limit to how many pit stops you take, so long as you make one to change tire compoud
* Also there is no limit to how many laps you may take on a set of tires before pitting. If you would like to run one lap and change tires, then that is perfectly fine
* All qualifying should be done on Racing Mediums, but if you think you are faster on Racing Hards then by all means qualify on them.

Points System:

The points system will be as follows:
1st - 28 Points
2nd - 26 Points
3rd- 24 Points
4th - 22 Points
5th - 20 Points
6th - 18 Points
7th - 16 Points
8th - 14 Points
9th - 12 Points
10th - 10 Points
11th - 8 Points
12th - 6 Points
13th - 4 Points
14th- 2 Points

I'm doubling the points, as opposed to the league counts points on Sunday night. This is to account for if someone would be disconnected during the race. They would then be given half points for starting the race. As usual there will be 1 point awarded to the pole position.

Prizes:
At the end of the season I was planning to give away BMW themed prizes to the top three drivers. I'm still working out the details, and they will most likely be replicas of cars not available in the game.

Thanks again for joining me last Saturday and I am hoping that everyone will be able to race for the next few weeks. If this does well enough, I'll probably start a second season at the end of this one, with a different car of course. Also please remember to refer to here, as I'll be updating this post with the number of laps for the future races, as soon as I get some laps in.

Thanks again!:)
cmbeal317

Count me in! 👍

I wish I could, I need the practice. I'll try busting my rump when I get home, but being so late at night causes bed time issues. I do try to practice earlier in the day though, usually around 3 or 4pm EWT (eastern whatever time!) Maybe I'll start hosting afternoon practices. Mind you, Im no mopar or devious, and wont be able to tutor. But I'll have the room setup and rotate combo's every 20 minutes or so.

I wish I could, I need the practice. I'll try busting my rump when I get home, but being so late at night causes bed time issues. I do try to practice earlier in the day though, usually around 3 or 4pm EWT (eastern whatever time!) Maybe I'll start hosting afternoon practices. Mind you, Im no mopar or devious, and wont be able to tutor. But I'll have the room setup and rotate combo's every 20 minutes or so.

Well, it is always more fun to practice with other people around, even if you aren't really doing anything.

Hurts me to say, even though I only got one Sunday race to do, but I have to pull out of SNAIL.

Pregnant wife due soon and work has been kicking me around lately. I haven't loaded GT5 in 10-14 days probably.

Sorry. Maybe later on if things slow down I can try and come back.

Thanks for the good times.

That's great news on the family front, congrats Infinital!

Kick work back, it probably deserves it ;)

Sorry it's not working out, drop in any time you find some spare time Infinital.

If garris is willing to continue hosting his Tuesday Parity Racing here, then it'd definitely be cool if you worked with him on a banner. This is where you guys left off the conversation last week.

That would be very cool, it's a fun event and a good concept.

As for the remaining events, I not sure Wednesday's practice needs a dedicated post/banner but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Also, Saturday's M3 GTR Challenge post already looks pretty sweet as it is, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask if cmbeal wants anything else added to the look.

I was thinking it would be good to have a banner for Wednesday from a consistency perspective.

Same idea for the M3 GTR Challenge. cmbeal's banner is cool, dude is looking for work and I thought they might be able to work something out :lol:

Totally up to whoever runs the night.

drat, I think my PS3 may have logged itself out. I cant get a remote race to start, and Im 40 miles away at school! Grrr, no bob grind for the next 3 hours!

I was thinking it would be good to have a banner for Wednesday from a consistency perspective.

Same idea for the M3 GTR Challenge. cmbeal's banner is cool, dude is looking for work and I thought they might be able to work something out :lol:

I just took a look at the link Zer0 has above, and I'll have to get in touch with dudeondacouch, seeing all the banners he's created for the other nights, I think it would be great to have one for the M3 GTR Challenge. I actually tried to come up with something a little better, but I'm not as good with GIMP(basically the free alternative to Photoshop). Not really sure how I want it to look, so I think I'd just let him come up with something.

I just took a look at the link Zer0 has above, and I'll have to get in touch with dudeondacouch, seeing all the banners he's created for the other nights, I think it would be great to have one for the M3 GTR Challenge. I actually tried to come up with something a little better, but I'm not as good with GIMP(basically the free alternative to Photoshop). Not really sure how I want it to look, so I think I'd just let him come up with something.

It'd be nice if you guys could work the M3 into the banner. I just like the look of that car and the whole series is about it.

I'm sure you guys will come up with something cool 👍

Zer05ive- my PSN Id is: SeattleTyler. I would like to join this league.

Background: I am a long time sim racer, with experience on Iracing (Mazda cup), rfactor, gtr, and the like. I race with a t500rs and th8 shifter. I am a mediocre racer, at best, but I respect all drivers and never quit out of a race, once begun. I should be online tonight to accept a friend request, if you get to it. Thanks for the time, hope to see you guys on the track!

-Tyler

Thanks to everyone that turned out for the little parity test. If you have any suggestions for making it better, let me know. Do you think it is something worth doing here every week?

As to the results (6 races total):

1. Diabolicwyvern - 47 points
  2. dabneyd - 43
  3. spooble - 37
  4. Psycho-Tuber - 37
  5. zer05ive - 35
  6. ADR_BRONCO - 31 (4 races)
  7. a_garris - 28
  8. ChuthuluGoat - 26 (5 races)
  9. aubdogg - 21 (4 races)
  10. g-MachineREX - 15 (5 races)
  11. Apmoddock - 7 (3 races)
  12. Handlebar-Man - 3 (2 races)
  13. DjX2391 - 1 (1 race)

And for anyone interested, here is the spreadsheet.

I enjoyed it and will be back for more. I had so many technical difficulties yesterday, so next time hopefully, I'll be more prepared. Lol, first race I had on comfort soft tires. Thought I was losing my mind for a second.....I mean I know I'm slower but......whew....

Take care.

Good God I would love to run that M3 challenge. One day I'll ask my wife for another night to race, but Saturday will never be it. hehe

I might be in for part of the practice tonight. Typically, though, when I try to join I get booted. Mopar and I seem to have compatibility issues and when I come in during the middle of the night I've got no right to hold things up to try to fix it.

Such is life. If everything were an hour later I'd be in a lot more.

(I'm not asking for any changes, just whining)

goatkarts.png

I noticed a lack of shenanigans on Wednesday so in Division 3 Lounge i will be hosting a new event. I am doing this open to suggestion, and am willing to change things if needed. Same start time 10 pm edt.

GOAT KARTS
A night of racing with karts. It will follow GT OLR. There will be 2 hours of races.
First hour: karts limited to PDI RACING KART 100, RACING KART JR., RACING KART 100
TRACKS WILL BE CHOSEN FROM KART SPACE ONE AND TWO, BOTH DIRECTIONS, MINI RING, AND CUSTOM TRACKS.
Second hour: cat and mouse
Using 125 Kart as cat and KART JR. as mouse.
Track will be up for vote.
DLC course pack is needed to participate.
Prize for winning first hour of racing will be a 125 KART SPL.

Last edited:
zer05ive
If garris is willing to continue hosting his Tuesday Parity Racing here, then it'd definitely be cool if you worked with him on a banner. This is where you guys left off the conversation last week.

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed last night's racing. I was admittedly concerned that we wouldn't have enough drivers to fill the grid, but the snails showed up in force and it was an awesome night!

garris - fyi, I did end up getting a friend request from Nic-KL, but it was sent after the races had started so I didn't see it until after we were done.

zer05ive
As for the remaining events, I not sure Wednesday's practice needs a dedicated post/banner but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Also, Saturday's M3 GTR Challenge post already looks pretty sweet as it is, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask if cmbeal wants anything else added to the look.

After seeing what dude is cooking up for the M3 GTR Challenge, I now would like to officially request a banner for Wednesday Practice! :lol:

Zer05ive- my PSN Id is: SeattleTyler. I would like to join this league.

Background: I am a long time sim racer, with experience on Iracing (Mazda cup), rfactor, gtr, and the like. I race with a t500rs and th8 shifter. I am a mediocre racer, at best, but I respect all drivers and never quit out of a race, once begun. I should be online tonight to accept a friend request, if you get to it. Thanks for the time, hope to see you guys on the track!

-Tyler

Tyler, thanks for your interest and thanks for providing some info about your background. I just sent you the three friend requests that you'll need to participate in as many (or as few) of our league activities as you want to. Our league coordinator, kcheeb, will probably be following up shortly to add you to the driver list and to provide some other useful information that you'll need to know. Welcome to S.N.A.I.L.

well, in Division 1, we are running 10 seconds faster per lap.

I guess that's why it seemed easy... I was just strolling along with my cane... :crazy:

I intend to be at the practice tonight, wife and boy scout meeting duties willin' (so probably a yes)

After seeing what dude is cooking up for the M3 GTR Challenge, I now would like to officially request a banner for Wednesday Practice! :lol:

Roger. I won't be able to do it tomorrow, as I have some actual work to do, but I'll try to get to it on Friday.

M3 GTR Challenge banner is finished & submission post edited.

Hey guys

Does anyone want to take over hosting duties for Wednesday night practice? I am out again this week and that makes it 3 straight weeks so I don't think I am right for the position.

Also, I am giving my notice that I will be out this Sunday.

Slight text alteration #2:

1GTRchallenge.png

*Final pending host approval*

That came out great, so much better than what I was able to do. Thank you so much!👍:)

Edit: Updated original post, and it looks a lot better with the new banner rather than the one I made.

I noticed a lack of shenanigans on Wednesday so in Division 3 Lounge i will be hosting a new event. As this is the first time, I am doing this open to suggestion, and am willing to change things if needed. Same start time 10 pm edt

GOAT KARTS
A night of racing with karts. It will follow GT OLR. There will be 2 hours of races.
First hour: karts limited to PDI RACING KART 100, RACING KART JR., RACING KART 100
TRACKS WILL BE CHOSEN FROM KART SPACE ONE AND TWO, BOTH DIRECTIONS, MINI RING, AND CUSTOM TRACKS.
Second hour: cat and mouse
Using 125 Kart as cat and KART JR. as mouse.
Track will be up for vote.
DLC course pack is needed to participate.
Prize for winning first hour of racing will be a 125 KART SPL.

I'd be up for this. My schedule is not really written by me, though, so I can't guarantee that I'll be there.

zer05ive
Tyler, thanks for your interest and thanks for providing some info about your background. I just sent you the three friend requests that you'll need to participate in as many (or as few) of our league activities as you want to. Our league coordinator, kcheeb, will probably be following up shortly to add you to the driver list and to provide some other useful information that you'll need to know. Welcome to S.N.A.I.L.

Awesome, thanks for the spot in the league. I just hopped on my PS3 and didn't find the friend requests yet, but perhaps they're delayed a bit? Not sure, I will check again later. If there is a spot for me in the entry level division for this Sunday's heats, count me in. I'm currently breaking in the cars, and could be ready to go by then, if space is avail. If so, if you could guide me as to how to find the room when it's ready, I'd appreciate that. I may have read it somewhere between all of these posts, but I'm on info overload ATM. Thanks!

Back