◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Secondly, cmbeal...are you opposed to drivers running who cannot commit to the full session of 8 races? I would like to join up, but know there are two occurrences I'll be out of town.

If you can't commit to the full season, that's perfectly fine by me. The way I have the points system set up, you may even be able to miss those two races and not lose to many places in the overall standings.

In addition to diabolic's question, I would also like everyone that is going to participate, whether you were there last Saturday or not, to post that you'll be taking part. This is so I can put together a drivers list/overall season standings in the previous post detailing the event. Thanks!:)

Diabolic Friday Update
The list of cars for tomorrow night is updated. Remember, the cars are recommended this week so no need for purchase. Just pick a different one for each race and off you go!

EDIT: Diabolic Friday Event post Overhauled. I stole...no... errr plagarized; no that sounds bad... borrowed, yes borrowed the settings and rules for my own, no....to make the post more in line with the OP. Yes! Perfect.

Last edited:
Hey GTPAguilar,

Which country do you live in? We're a very lag aware league and have been limiting our membership to North American drivers.

Thanks,

kcheeb

It's ok man i have a nice internet connection ;)
Anyway, if you want i can join one race with you to check it out.

Cheers

It's ok man i have a nice internet connection ;)
Anyway, if you want i can join one race with you to check it out.

Cheers

Hi Aguilar, your flag looks like the Portuguese flag. Do you really live in Portugal? If so, you'd be racing with us at 2am. If you're willing to stay up to race with us, I'd be willing to give your internet connection a shot ;)

If your internet connection proves to be solid, you can race with us on any night except for Sunday night. That's because Sunday night is our official league night and I simply don't want to risk an overseas connection during the one night a week when we keep score.

If that's all okay with you, take a look at our schedule and let me know which event you want to participate in so that we can test your internet connection.

If you can't commit to the full season, that's perfectly fine by me. The way I have the points system set up, you may even be able to miss those two races and not lose to many places in the overall standings.

In addition to diabolic's question, I would also like everyone that is going to participate, whether you were there last Saturday or not, to post that you'll be taking part. This is so I can put together a drivers list/overall season standings in the previous post detailing the event. Thanks!:)

I will be joining the races on Saturday night.:)👍

Starting to get international!
BTW, I'm glad to be part of this group. We have the third highest post count of active threads in the online events sub-forum, there are two higher, but they haven't had a post in years. not sure how that works since the game was released the end of 2010. but ehh. Im also willing to bet that we are more active then the rest in posts as well racing activities.

Starting to get international!

Yeah, we're starting to get more and more requests from international drivers. I'm guessing that might be due to the fact that I removed the portion of the original post that said you had to live in the lower-48 states in order to join our league (to minimize lag). I actually only removed that wording because I thought the post was getting too wordy. :D

That being said, maybe we should be more welcoming to international drivers? After all, a quick look through all the racing series here on gtplanet indicates that racing with people across the ocean is not an issue at all. We could start an event that is more GMT-friendly so that we can have international snails, not just domestic snails. After all, escargot is from France right? :lol:

BTW, I'm glad to be part of this group. We have the third highest post count of active threads in the online events sub-forum, there are two higher, but they haven't had a post in years. not sure how that works since the game was released the end of 2010. but ehh. Im also willing to bet that we are more active then the rest in posts as well racing activities.

GT5 was only released in 2010, but you're forgetting about GT1 through GT4! ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the notice doughboy, appreciated.

My wednesday nights are usually free, I might be able to take it over, but not until the 25th.

I will host next week until you can take over. And of course, I can substitute whenever needed if I can. Just because I'm stepping down from hosting doesn't mean I'm leaving.

Updated with drivers list, I couldn't remember everyone that was there last Saturday. I'll look at the replay and add anyone I missed. See you all Saturday evening for the official start!:)👍

Updated with drivers list, I couldn't remember everyone that was there last Saturday. I'll look at the replay and add anyone I missed. See you all Saturday evening for the official start!:)👍

I won't be there this Saturday, but I will be after that.

Heading to practice inna short bit. As much as I think the idea of dirty or silly racing sounds fun, I think learning to stay on the course at a decent rate of speed sounds better...

Good luck, y'all!

Sign me up please!

I might not be able to participate just yet, until we get a wireless connection sorted.

Hey Hazellnut, as you may have seen, at this point in time, international drivers are more than welcome to join us for our Monday through Saturday events. Albeit the events will be at roughly 2 a.m. your time.

We're currently discussing what to do to make our events international friendly/available. We really want to keep the chance of lag as close to nill as possible. It's no fun racing someone that's bouncing all over the place :)

Why don't you join in for a couple of our upcoming events to see if the timing works and whether we have any lag issues?

Cheers

Hey cmbeal, I'll be participating, but will missing this Saturday and possibly one more.

First shootout will take place at....

*drumroll*

Deep Forest (Reverse) 2 Laps...

...in a surprise car from the recommended list.

Teams will be divided immediately thereafter, and our first Team Cat & Mouse event will be held using the Audi R8 and Suzuki Swift. Team colors will be Red and White.

Remember kids... all races are as dirty as you can make them, and no whaaaaaaambulances will be called. :sly:

Hey cmbeal, I'll be participating, but will missing this Saturday and possibly one more.
I won't be there this Saturday, but I will be after that.

Added you to the list, as with diabolic, it is not a problem if you miss a few races.

As for tonight, at the request of zer0, I'll be joining in around 11pm. I will have my brothers mic, as the headset I was looking for was not available the other day when I went to buy it. See ya later!

Last edited:
Heading to practice inna short bit. As much as I think the idea of dirty or silly racing sounds fun, I think learning to stay on the course at a decent rate of speed sounds better...

Good luck, y'all!

It's all good, Handlebar. One of the cool things about our league is that you have choices on what you want to participate in. It just so happens that the two choices on Thursday night are polar opposites.. It's like choosing between the blue pill and the red pill. :lol:
RedpillMatrix.png

"You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." -Morpheus

Added you to the list, as with diabolic, it is not a problem if you miss a few races.

Don't forget to add me too!

As for tonight, at the request of zer0, I'll be joining in around 11pm. I will have my brothers mic, as the headset I was looking for was not available the other day when I went to buy it. See ya later!

Thanks for joining up on such short notice. Don't feel like you have to rush though. Just try to be in there by 11:30pm Eastern so that you're in the lounge before the event it over.

Be careful. Offline Practice mode is like racing with one or two classes of better tires. You may get used to taking corners at speeds that you simply can't online.

Though, I guess you could adjust your tires accordingly to make offline more like online.

I do fool with different tires from time when spinning laps in practice mode. I use it mostly learning tracks and dodging robot AI. I do practice online and base my actual lap times on that...

Latest Posts

Back