◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,634 comments
No problem at all. Do what you gotta do. See you in an hour for Cat & Mouse!

As for requirements for Cat & Mouse, just be sure to have a car around 300 PP (for when you are mouse) and another one around 450 PP (for when you are cat). Simple as that!

I know I'm new here, and I'm obviously the worst driver right now, and I'm definitely not trying to be rude or anything, but to ask someone to drop horsepower or add weight because they are winning is really weird to me. I lost last night in at least two of the races by over a minute, I couldn't even finish, but would never quit, or sit on the side of the road and wait the next race out, and would surely never ask the winner to lower their performance points or something. I personally have no urge to beat someone by those kind of means, sorry, just my opinion.

In World Challenge Race Series (both GT & Touring Car Classes), they do a REWARD Weight system for winning drivers. The more a driver wins, the more REWARD Weight is added to the car until the weight slows down the car & driver enough so they cannot win and will either run mid-pack or near the rear of the pack. Mid-pack finishers are not given any REWARD Weight & are not allowed to remove REWARD Weight. Drivers who finish near the rear of the field are able to remove REWARD Weight (if any) but the car can NEVER be below Minimum Weight - EVER - or it's DQ'd. The amount of REWARD Weight being added or remove will varies with the finish positions.

This system is meant to help level the field for the Manufacture Championship, as well as allow other drivers the opportunity to win races and get the points (and the REWARD Weight) that come with it.

In the image below, you see the #14 James Sofronas GMG Porsche for The GT Class of World Challenge Series. If you notice the windshield, you'll see that there is a "+44" just above the driver's name. This means the driver is required to weight 44 Lbs. OVER The Minimum Weight for the car.
SLC_0007-720_800x600.jpg

(image is courtesy of World-Challenge.com)

If you'd like to know more about the race series or the rules for the REWARD Weight system, I recommend visiting the www.world-challenge.com website.

Last edited:
Everyone, please make sure your inbox isn't at 100%. Sometimes we need to send you guys PMs and we can't. *cough*aubdogg*cough*

Please check the post I made regarding aubdogg in the Stewards Thread.

It appears to only be a problem sorting for the D2 sheet. On that one, the new message was dragged below the split line. Deleting it isn't enough, the cells have to be un-merged. I appear to be able to sort just fine on the other two. The mouse can be a bit sticky at time in Google docs. Someone probably dragged that by accident.

Hmm, maybe I'm just sorting incorrectly. What I've done in the past is just click on the the down-arrow menu on the Column C header, and then select "Sort sheet Z -> A". However, now when I do that it automatically groups both Column B and Column C together and therefore won't allow me to sort by points. I'm guessing I'm just doing it wrong.

It should be doing that. Check my math, but...

rofajole got four First place finish (16 points each for 64 points), one second place finish (15 points), and one fourth place finish (13 points). That should give him 92 points. For pole in each round he gets another three points, bringing him to 95. For the triple-pole bonus he gets another point, bringing him to 96.

You're math is correct. I should have never doubted you numbers wizardry! I just had no idea you had already implemented the "Triple Crown" into the formula. In fact, I pretty much assumed it wouldn't be possible, but figured I might as well ask. Speaking of the formula, I took at peak at it all I can say is "WOW!!" :bowdown:

I want to say that the JGTC does/did it to. And for some reason, I want to say they did it in 30 Kg increments. If anyone really cares, Google is your friend.

The problem with GT 5 (well, not The problem, there are many many problems) is that one can't add ballast in tuning restricted. And once the tuning restriction is lifted, anything goes.

Again, I don't think anyone in PD has every actually played an online game. Most of them have never actually looked into racing. I think they just watched Initial D one too many times. And I enjoyed Initial D, but... there is more to it.

The game needs the ability to allow or disallow certain types of tuning. It needs the ability for someone to be able to see the cars. The stewards should be the ones that set the ballast on your car for you, so it can't be removed. In F1 (and probably other places) there is something called parc ferme. French for "closed park". About 24 hours before the race the cars are rolled into a closed paddock. Only race officials are allowed in, in order to inspect the cars. Teams are not allowed in an may not changed anything on the car. The way it rolls into the closed paddock is the way it rolls onto the line to race (teams do get to touch the cars before the race because F1 cars are not like road cars and as Hammond documented, they are on life support when they aren't racing).

Hmm, maybe I'm just sorting incorrectly. What I've done in the past is just click on the the down-arrow menu on the Column C header, and then select "Sort sheet Z -> A". However, now when I do that it automatically groups both Column B and Column C together and therefore won't allow me to sort by points. I'm guessing I'm just doing it wrong.

You're math is correct. I should have never doubted you numbers wizardry! I just had no idea you had already implemented the "Triple Crown" into the formula. In fact, I pretty much assumed it wouldn't be possible, but figured I might as well ask. Speaking of the formula, I took at peak at it all I can say is "WOW!!" :bowdown:

Try selecting the column below the split. Maybe that will help.

As to the formulas, this is nothing compared to old MUSE/MUSH code.

I'll send tickets for L8, L10, L14 and L15 to the Snail_1 account, Zero. I will also check to see what unopened prize cars I have on my main, or son's accts as well. Copies to follow as I find those that are different.

Would you want like 5 Silver Chrome, or 5 Matte somethings, etc? Any unusual or specific paint chips?

Thanks Handlebar! I've updated the Prize C post with your pending contributions.

As for the paint, let's hold off until we make a decision on what we want to do with that.

Zero, I sent the 1974 ticket.

I've updated the parity thread (link in my profile). I'm cross posting here:

I am back! We will race this week.

Again, this week will be the V8 challenge. There are three cars to chose from. Once you pick one, you'll be asked to drive it the entire evening. Chose wisely, but remember, there is a parity system. It should compensate not only for you, but for the car as well.

This week we will do the staggered entrance. After a race, I'll compute the new PP levels. Then I'll lower the limit to the current level of the lowest drivers. Those drivers enter the track. I'll raise it to the next set of drivers, and they will enter the course. We'll do this over and over.

Once you are on the track, stay there. Do not return to the lobby.

I have three tracks planned. They all fit into the theme, and they should hopefully be big enough to accommodate a large crowd. I hope we get a large crowd. I'm not sure how long each round will take with the staggered entrance. If we can get in one or two more races, I'll be happy. We'll vote for the tracks.

The 24-hour deadline has passed and there is only one small complaint being investigated in D2 for curb-cutting. Stewards, please go to the stewards thread to review the incident in question.

The D2 issue aside, the the D1 and D3 results are now official and the D1 podium winners can now make their prize selections.

Devious, please select first since you got 1st place.

esh, please pick once Devious has made her pick.

racefan, you get whichever prize Devious and esh don't select.

Thanks everyone for making it out tonight! great C&M, been a while since we've had so many. Good times! 3 for 4!!! Yea!

only issue with that Toscana is that its a randomly generated map. Which then allows for no practice, which is an integral part of the unofficial side of SNAIL.

We could go with my 4.5 mile Toscana one.....that got a decent review last time it got used which was for C&M. Just beware getting bumped into the pitlane :sly:

As a reference, I think I was running about 2:23's in that Lotus Evora we used a few weeks back on it.

The 24-hour deadline has passed and there is only one small complaint being investigated in D2 for curb-cutting. Stewards, please go to the stewards thread to review the incident in question.

The D2 issue aside, the the D1 and D3 results are now official and the D1 podium winners can now make their prize selections.

Devious, please select first since you got 1st place.

esh, please pick once Devious has made her pick.

racefan, you get whichever prize Devious and esh don't select.

I'm picking Prize A.

First of all, I'd like to say that I really like the ide of expanding Prize C to include more a car that can be purchased from the dealerships. 👍

Zer05ive~~
If I may suggest that other "gift" items be considered as well? other than just paint. Other prizes to consider could include driver gear as well as museum cards.

I realize I might me the minority in this matter but another car really doesn't interest me when I already have all the cars in the game as well as all the DLC offered to date. However, I am still working on my collection of Racing Suits & Helmets, as well as the Museum Cards. An offer of these items has more value to me than another car. I'm fair certain this would not be a big deal to add to the prize but it would offer all "giftable" (if that's even a word) items as a possible prize Ksubject to availablity, of course).

As I understand the GT5 "Gifting" rule, players are limited to sending all of the following, Each and Every Day:
* 1 ticket for a car OR a car, per day
(limited to $999,999 or less, cannot be a DLC car or a prize car)
* 5 paint chips, per day
* 5 upgrade parts, per day
* 5 racing suits or helmets, per day
* 5 museum card, per day

* NOTE: there is a limit to how much a players INBOX can hold at one time and I think that is about 50 items at a time. Simply collect you gifted items to empty your INBOX and you're good to go again. As far as I know, there is NO DAILY LIMIT to the number of items a GT5 account can receive. This means that fellow SNAIL Members can send items to an account to be offered as a prize for later use & with duplicating one's game save, those prizes would never be depleted.

This leaves a lot of room for prize selection and would offer drivers who win Prize C a wider range of possible prizes.

Just. A thought.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the sheer volume of paint chips, racing suits, racing helmets, and museum cards available makes me pretty certain that maintaining a list of which ones are available for Prize C selection probably isn't worth the amount of work necessary to do so. I like the birthday and level tickets because there are relatively few of them and each of them is probably going to be more sought after (in general) than any of those other items. I like the idea of maintaining a simple list and just leaving it at that. We'll revisit this idea if members start complaining that the new Prize C options aren't good enough, but let's give them a chance succeed before adding too much more to the plate.

Zero, I sent the 1974 ticket.

Speaking of which.. Vol, I received the 1974 ticket that you sent to the D1 account and I've updated the Prize C post with your new addition. Thanks!

If anyone one else have tickets they can donate to the cause, please send them to the SNAIL_Division1 account and then post what you sent so that I can log into the D1 account and receive it. You can then PM me if you want any other ticket in return.

Two things:

1. I guess that leaves me with prize C

2. Holy crap, after looking at the spreadsheet I can't believe it was so close between me, mopar, and esh. One less slipup and I could have had second. This is why I love this league so much. It seems like every week the battles in D1 are consistently close and exciting.

esh
I'm picking Prize A.

B plz

Thanks for claiming your prizes. Now it's time to make your car and track selections (preferably by tonight so that members have plenty of time to have the new car(s) broken in before Wednesday night's races). I've updated the results post with your Prize selections.

1. I guess that leaves me with prize C

Yup, you get Prize C so please pick any ticket listed here.

2. Holy crap, after looking at the spreadsheet I can't believe it was so close between me, mopar, and esh. One less slipup and I could have had second. This is why I love this league so much. It seems like every week the battles in D1 are consistently close and exciting.

That's what it's all about! :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, but the sheer volume of paint chips, racing suits, racing helmets, and museum cards available makes me pretty certain that maintaining a list of which ones are available for Prize C selection probably isn't worth the amount of work necessary to do so. I like the birthday and level tickets because there are relatively few of them and each of them is probably going to be more sought after (in general) than any of those other items. I like the idea of maintaining a simple list and just leaving it at that. We'll revisit this idea if members start complaining that the new Prize C options aren't good enough, but let's give them a chance succeed before adding too much more to the plate.

I understand your position and I wont push. However, I will say the "NEW" Prize C is still a just a car. If a driver should win (by default) Prize C, and already owns every car in the game, this prize is completely worthless to that driver. I was merely trying to offer an alternative when this event happens.

Here's the benefit, though, Sharkie:

If you really want some bit of kit–racing suit, paint chips, whatever–it will be much easier to trade for one of them through GTP using a ticket than any car or other bits of kit. The tickets are redeemable for some great cars for those who would rather have that than the suit that you're looking for.

Here's the benefit, though, Sharkie:

If you really want some bit of kit–racing suit, paint chips, whatever–it will be much easier to trade for one of them through GTP using a ticket than any car or other bits of kit. The tickets are redeemable for some great cars for those who would rather have that than the suit that you're looking for.

I understand that cars are sought after more than anything else in this game. But when you have 1500+ cars in a game that only has 1100+ different cars, collecting more cars is pointless. All of the SNAIL_Division accounts are signed-in everyday, a load of the GT5 game would collect paints and cards at random with a maximum of 10 per day for each account, for a total of 30 random paints and cards per day. A list would not need to be kept, just an offer for a look-see at what is available would be nice, and is all I was asking for. These items would start to build up with each day, on their own and as a result could be offered as a possible Prize C alternative. I completely understand cars are what most people want more than anything else in the game.

Like I said, it was just a thought.

~~~EDIT~~~
something to think about also, who is usually winning the prizes for D1?

Last edited:
With all the prize talk, and the picking of the new cars, I just want us to be able to use non-Premiums. There was talk about using an Eiger track. For whatever reason, i love that track in the E-Type. I love the E-Type, but that track just seems to click with it.

Since cars are so easy to get, and so many people already have so many of them, and several of us have more than one account, I'd like use to be able to use non-premiums in this league, and use all this ticket/paint/car collecting goodness to stock pile the cars chosen for anyone that joins in the following weeks.

And no, we don't have to run the E-Type, but... Jaguars! They are all in the online dealership! And they go away tomorrow. Let's pick one today!

Just wanted to say what great fun I had last night with the dirty races and cat and mouse, I wasn't sure I was going to go, because I never played those games before but I'm glad I did, what a blast it was. I did have some issues playing cat and mouse at first, I know I upset some people because I didn't have the right car and because I didn't know who my teammates were at first, hitting my teammates probably wasn't the best thing I've done, lol, but at the end it all came together, thanks in great part to my teammates, I think I'm better suited as a mouse for right now, lol, and I'll get some untuned cars for next week as well, that was so much fun, 👍

With all the prize talk, and the picking of the new cars, I just want us to be able to use non-Premiums. There was talk about using an Eiger track. For whatever reason, i love that track in the E-Type. I love the E-Type, but that track just seems to click with it.

Since cars are so easy to get, and so many people already have so many of them, and several of us have more than one account, I'd like use to be able to use non-premiums in this league, and use all this ticket/paint/car collecting goodness to stock pile the cars chosen for anyone that joins in the following weeks.

And now, we don't have to run the E-Type, but... Jaguars! They are all in the online dealership! And they go away tomorrow. Let's pick one today!

I'd love to be able to open car selection up to standard cars. So many cool rides to pick from. Been trying to come up with an equitable way to do that, without success.

I posted a link to a site that predicts when a specific car will be up next in your UCD. It works nicely, but if you have a couple hundred game days before you see the car next, that's a lot of scrolling through the licenses.

Doing trades/gifts could work too, but with 30+ people in the league we'd increase our post count here immensely :) Not that that should deter us, if the will is there.

Two things:

If i wouldn't of been dropped at the start of the Nurb track race, and only getting points for last, i think i woulda had ya ;) Great racing tho i agree!

Engine swap, Yes. Engine mod, No. I was thinking of the weight of the car being more or less the same weight. The motor will give you more speed in a turn, yes, but the motor is easy to tune, especially if you are using a Hal-Tech or even just a Dyno. The suspension, will give you better cornering speed, but 2 areas of the car are not related. You can tell if the car is "pulling" like it should or if it's falling flat within a set RPM range - a Dyno run can tell you that easily and the suspension wouldn't being a factor. The Suspension settings are tweek'd or tuned for the course in question. Granted, there are some setting you can make without turning a lap, just from experience and/or foreknowledge. If the suspension isn't setup right you are going to know with or without the motor upgrad because it's obvious. Most Crew Chiefs have a baseline for the suspension setting to start from, and then go from there. In fact, I don't know of any race shop that builds a race car that will only install one system at a time and tune it before installing the next component or system, they usually build the car, then tune the car.

I'm just speaking from experience.
from my experience, most racers don't have the coin or the points on their license to do a fully built racecar anyway. I race scca and I'm currently building a car for rally America. As I'm just starting in RA. I'm relegated to non turbo, 2wd vehicles that must remain mostly stock. Except of course saftey and suspension, since a stock suspension won't last very long in staged rallies.
but regulations aside. Your average racer is working on shallow pockets and either buys a cheap car and either does or has a shop upgrade to car slowly. Not everyone has the sponsorship or deep enough pockets to go pick up a ALMS GT3 spec Porsche.

If i wouldn't of been dropped at the start of the Nurb track race, and only getting points for last, i think i woulda had ya ;) Great racing tho i agree!

True, and if I hadn't had an off in race two and and hadn't accidentally rear-ended esh in race 4 I may have still had you ;)

Still, two dumb mistakes in a night is a record low for me.

Last edited:
Also, since I won prize C and don't have every car in the game like some people, I'll take the level 20 ticket. Seems like a nice, even number.

If I wouldn't have gotten cut off I think I would have beaten him as well. If you just project out my 27 from the first two races I would have finished with 81 projected. Maybe more as the first combo was my worst of the three.

Last edited:
Back