â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,634 comments
fzappa
She does have a handicap. I think its chocolate and balloons.

LOL

Rallywagon
And flowers too. Maybe some wine,đź’ˇ a big bottle of wine in the box! Sent Saturday, then Sunday, she will be to hungover with a killer headache to race well!

I've raced with the league while being half drunk one night, and as I recalled I still finished on the Overall Podium (I would need to go back and look to be sure which night it was).

In Real Life I've climbed in my race car while nautious as hell from what I had no clue. Even the mere oder of fuel or exhaust was making it difficult to maintain control of my tummy. My manager didn't want me to get in the car, but we needed the points to seal the Manifacture Championship as well as to lock-up 3rd Place Driver's Championship for the Season, AND there was still 2 more races in the season to attack 2nd & even 1st place for the season. I finished the race with a 1st Place Finish which gave us everything the team & sponsors needed to be happy. During the installation lap I was concerned, but then the green flag fell and nothing else mattered but the race. After the race I was So Sick I wasn't sure if I could keep it together long enough to make it back to my trailer where I could relieve my upset tummy. As it turns out I was sick from food poisioning thanks to my Crew Cheif's wife who made lunch for everyone. ...needless to say, that was the last time I ever ate her cooking. LOL

My point is, you'll need something stronger than wine stop me from stepping up to the challenge of a race. :)

Last edited:
Sharkie do you have a mygranturismo.net account? it would make completing your suit, helmet, card collection easier.

cmbeal317
Thanks sharkie! My vote is for Cape Ring Inside, my favorite version of Cape Ring, and it doesn't include that 🤬 helix.

Could you do this to her M3 GTR Race Car, I know she wasn't able to race last week, but if she's there this week I'd like to have a little fairer competition. Same with Vail's M3 as well.

You're Welcome!

As for the M3 GTR Race Car, I have though about adding REWARD Weight to my car to make it more competitive.

However, I would like to point out that things are in fact very fair without the additional weight to my car. All cars are equal with the tuning prohibited function engaged, so you're not getting beat by someone who has out-spent you & you're not getting beat by someone who has out-tuned you - you're getting beat by driver skill alone. How is that not fair? LOL I know you are kidding, but I have been giving serious thought to adding REWARD Weight to my M3 or cutting back on the horsepower a little.

Chiochan
Sharkie do you have a mygranturismo.net account? it would make completing your suit, helmet, card collection easier.

Yes but it's not current because I realize that I'd have to go through all my cars to makes sure I have then correct and during that time any new acquitions would force me to go back and go through my cars and museum card all over again. Now that I'm not acquiring any new cars I suppose I could go back update my account, but the damn museum cards are a major PITA to stay on top of.

Hopefully it wasn't Mopary! That's exposing yourself to a blind person.
Fixed that for ya ;) And I acting like i was blind, just enjoying the view :sly:

Eidger Short Track. And I'm hoping I can sway you away from rwd. that GTR was a blast last night!

Rome reverse!

Eiger short track. Just keep the car small in size.

Monza w/ chicane.

Eiger Short Track

Eiger short track.

I would vote Tokyo Special Stage Five/Reverse, or Eiger Nordwand K Trail/Reverse (but I do better on snow, so maybe chamois Main...).

Cape Ring Inside

Vote Tally so far:
Eiger short: 4
Rome Reverse: 2
Monza /w Chicane: 1
Cape Ring inside: 1
Tokyo Special Stage Five/Reverse, or Eiger Nordwand K Trail/Reverse : 1(1 track vote per person please?)

Ok so as you all see, Eiger short is in the lead, now everyone else can vote for their own different tracks, but Eiger with 4, looks to be the top vote so far. For those who do not like it, i would suggest "teaming up" and voting for another track you would like instead of that one, that has some votes already.

So im going to vote for Rome Reverse.

Also, a few of you mentioned a type of preferred car she could pick, thats up to her on the car selection.

Last edited:
only issue with that Toscana is that its a randomly generated map. Which then allows for no practice, which is an integral part of the unofficial side of SNAIL.

Are there any time change tracks that are not random?(besides Sarthe/Nurburgring) Also, couldn't track creator be used and shared?

Are there any time change tracks that are not random?(besides Sarthe/Nurburgring) Also, couldn't track creator be used and shared?

đź’ˇ
That is not a bad idea!! đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
However, the track in question would need to be created and then shared so that all 3 of the room host accounts (SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 & SNAIL_Division3) could download and then share the track so that all members could then download and practice said track for the races on Wednesday & Sunday.

This is completely doable and I don't see much standing in the way of making this happen. The real questions are;
Would SNAIL Members want this?
&
Would Zer05ive be willing to do this?

I wouldnt be opposed, however, I would like to suggest holding off a little bit on any more changes. We have just gone through some pretty big ones this past few weeks. I think we should let everything get running nice and smooth before tossing some more changes into the mix. I don't want anyone getting burned out, ya know. besides, you never do an upgrade to a car until the last upgrade is properly sorted out.

I'm in d3 hangin out if anyone cares to join.
Handle. If you can get on and join, I can help you practice racing "in a pack."

only issue with that Toscana is that its a randomly generated map. Which then allows for no practice, which is an integral part of the unofficial side of SNAIL.

I actually have a Toscana track that someone created that we could share on the SNAIL accounts. It isn't very long, so it is easy to learn, and it has good flow. Most Toscana tracks that people make have really bad flow, with a number of corners that... they induce the same pain I feel with driving with arthritis flair up in my knees. "Don't make me go for that pedal again!"

You're Welcome!

As for the M3 GTR Race Car, I have though about adding REWARD Weight to my car to make it more competitive.

However, I would like to point out that things are in fact very fair without the additional weight to my car. All cars are equal with the tuning prohibited function engaged, so you're not getting beat by someone who has out-spent you & you're not getting beat by someone who has out-tuned you - you're getting beat by driver skill alone. How is that not fair? LOL I know you are kidding, but I have been giving serious thought to adding REWARD Weight to my M3 or cutting back on the horsepower a little.

I know with tuning prohibited all the cars are the same, and I was hoping that we would all stay together and have closer racing. I realize that driver skill has a lot to do with who wins the race, though I was hoping it would be closer between all of us. If you'd like to lower the horse power or add a little weight that's fine, but I'm not going to really try to change everything now that we're halfway through. If we do another season after this then I think that should be something we could discuss and come up with a ruling on adding weight/lowering power to the frontrunners.

Also now with diabolic having to drop out, a few people suggested that we move the M3 GTR Challenge to Friday nights in the hope of having more people attend. The only thing is during the week for the most part, I am not able to get on till around 11 pm EDT, which is an hour later than we start now. I'm open to changing it to Friday as long as we would be able to start an hour later. I don't know if I'd change it right now or just wait till this season is over. Let me know what you think.:)

I know it's pretty short notice, but is there any chance of joining this league in time for the Cat and Mouse tonight? And are there any particular required cars for that?

I understand if it's too close but even so I'd like to join eventually. đź‘Ť

I know it's pretty short notice, but is there any chance of joining this league in time for the Cat and Mouse tonight? And are there any particular required cars for that?

Hey dylansan!

If Zer05ive sees your message in time it shouldn't be a problem. He's usually pretty good about keeping up with new additions :)

I'll add you to the drivers list you'll be starting in the Division 3 group for this Sundays league race. For the Sundays you can't make it please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the different lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, have a browse through it.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

I wouldnt be opposed, however, I would like to suggest holding off a little bit on any more changes. We have just gone through some pretty big ones this past few weeks. I think we should let everything get running nice and smooth before tossing some more changes into the mix. I don't want anyone getting burned out, ya know. besides, you never do an upgrade to a car until the last upgrade is properly sorted out.

Unless the upgrades are completely unrated, like suspension and motor. :sly: LOL I couldn't resist. :)

i wouldnt be opposed, however, i would like to suggest holding off a little bit on any more changes. We have just gone through some pretty big ones this past few weeks. I think we should let everything get running nice and smooth before tossing some more changes into the mix. I don't want anyone getting burned out, ya know. Besides, you never do an upgrade to a car until the last upgrade is properly sorted out.

ditto!

I know with tuning prohibited all the cars are the same, and I was hoping that we would all stay together and have closer racing. I realize that driver skill has a lot to do with who wins the race, though I was hoping it would be closer between all of us. If you'd like to lower the horse power or add a little weight that's fine, but I'm not going to really try to change everything now that we're halfway through. If we do another season after this then I think that should be something we could discuss and come up with a ruling on adding weight/lowering power to the frontrunners.

Also now with diabolic having to drop out, a few people suggested that we move the M3 GTR Challenge to Friday nights in the hope of having more people attend. The only thing is during the week for the most part, I am not able to get on till around 11 pm EDT, which is an hour later than we start now. I'm open to changing it to Friday as long as we would be able to start an hour later. I don't know if I'd change it right now or just wait till this season is over. Let me know what you think.:)

The REWARD Weight was something that I was thinking of doing for myself, to be honest, but I can see making it something that we talk about for next season. I'm thinking of a 3% reduction in power to start with. If I still win, then I'll reduce the power another 3% the next race until I reach the right balance.

As for moving the race night to Fridays, I'm okay with that, and the time change is not an issue for me, but might be for others.

No, I still hold firm, because doing an engine mod will effect your handling, especially if the engine mod is an engine swap! Even then, if you add more power, then your gonna wanna tweak the suspension there after to accommodate the new loads being placed on the tires, this is a little less true for road racing then it is for drag racing though. as with more power comes more "squat" that you will want to deal with.

Hey dylansan!

If Zer05ive sees your message in time it shouldn't be a problem. He's usually pretty good about keeping up with new additions :)

I've just sent your FR's from our three divisional accounts. You should be all set for tonight! I'll see you online in about half an hour (in the SNAIL_Division3 lounge). More importantly, welcome to S.N.A.I.L.

I know I'm new here, and I'm obviously the worst driver right now, and I'm definitely not trying to be rude or anything, but to ask someone to drop horsepower or add weight because they are winning is really weird to me. I lost last night in at least two of the races by over a minute, I couldn't even finish, but would never quit, or sit on the side of the road and wait the next race out, and would surely never ask the winner to lower their performance points or something. I personally have no urge to beat someone by those kind of means, sorry, just my opinion.

I know I'm new here, and I'm obviously the worst driver right now, and I'm definitely not trying to be rude or anything, but to ask someone to drop horsepower or add weight because they are winning is really weird to me. I lost last night in at least two of the races by over a minute, I couldn't even finish, but would never quit, or sit on the side of the road and wait the next race out, and would surely never ask the winner to lower their performance points or something. I personally have no urge to beat someone by those kind of means, sorry, just my opinion.

I think they only reason that is being discussed is because the Saturday series doesn't have the same division structure that we do on Sundays.

On Tuesdays, we are testing out a completely different parity system. Again, no separate divisions, so we do something to balance the drivers so the winner of each race is less predictable.

Hi,

My buddy Glen recommended your club for spec racing. Is it possible to join? I'll open up 3 spots on the friends list.

thanks

Hi,

My buddy Glen recommended your club for spec racing. Is it possible to join? I'll open up 3 spots on the friends list.

thanks

Hey Oshawa-Joe!

The more canuckleheads the better :dopey:

I'll add you to the drivers list you'll be starting in the Division 3 group for this Sundays league race. For the Sundays you can't make it please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the different lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, have a browse through it.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Vol, thanks for the clarification on that, I was confused.

I'm glad you joined Joe, for anybody who doesn't know Joe, he's a great guy and a great driver, it's a shame I will only get to race him on Sundays once, he will move up very quickly I'm sure.

No, I still hold firm, because doing an engine mod will effect your handling, especially if the engine mod is an engine swap! Even then, if you add more power, then your gonna wanna tweak the suspension there after to accommodate the new loads being placed on the tires, this is a little less true for road racing then it is for drag racing though. as with more power comes more "squat" that you will want to deal with.

Engine swap, Yes. Engine mod, No. I was thinking of the weight of the car being more or less the same weight. The motor will give you more speed in a turn, yes, but the motor is easy to tune, especially if you are using a Hal-Tech or even just a Dyno. The suspension, will give you better cornering speed, but 2 areas of the car are not related. You can tell if the car is "pulling" like it should or if it's falling flat within a set RPM range - a Dyno run can tell you that easily and the suspension wouldn't being a factor. The Suspension settings are tweek'd or tuned for the course in question. Granted, there are some setting you can make without turning a lap, just from experience and/or foreknowledge. If the suspension isn't setup right you are going to know with or without the motor upgrad because it's obvious. Most Crew Chiefs have a baseline for the suspension setting to start from, and then go from there. In fact, I don't know of any race shop that builds a race car that will only install one system at a time and tune it before installing the next component or system, they usually build the car, then tune the car.

I'm just speaking from experience.

Is it okay if I skip the muscle car event and show up for cat and mouse? I don't even have a muscle car yet and I'm hoping to grind some XP to get a car before it disappears from the UCD.

And are there any requirements for C&M, or just whatever cars fit the PP?

Back