◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
@Dragonwhisky & @JLBowler The Directors Doc lists Round 2 with 6 laps and 6 minutes of Q while post 2 shows Q with 7 minutes. Which is correct?

7 is correct. There is too much lead in time at Grand Valley to get three laps in with only 6 minutes. It was discussed after we ran it the first time and zer05ive made the change to the second post.

Here are the official race specifications for tonight;
  • Round 1 will be 6 race laps which, gets 3 qualifying laps which, gets 6 qualifying minutes.
  • Round 2 will be 6 race laps which, gets 3 qualifying laps which, gets 7 qualifying minutes.
  • Round 3 will be 6 race laps which, gets 3 qualifying laps which, gets 6 qualifying minutes.

When I first joined S.N.A.I.L March or so....someone posted a song featuring a skinny girl ...er...maybe not unattractive skinny..with black leather pants that I loved. Both the girl and the song lol.....remember us old :banghead:s haven't bothered with most music after the early 70's because most of it is not music any more than acid rock was (you had to be smashed or high to relate to it and in the flying business they frowned on such activities)...but there are some major exceptions....bring back the skinny girl so i can go get her music :bowdown:

You may be thinking of this lovely!

Concerning the Division 4 Host tonight: Perhaps my connection was not optimal for last week's racing.

With that in mind I defer to one of the other Hosts in the Division. I'm sure they will, most likely, have a better connection and Host demeanor than I. So unless instructed otherwise, I will just be one of the back-markers tonight and stay quiet.
Sincerely spoken and offered.
I cannot imagine a better host demeanor than your own. If you're dead set on this I'll host, but I don't think it will change anything.

• Round 1 will be 6 race laps which, gets 3 qualifying laps which, gets 6 qualifying minutes.
  • Round 2 will be 6 race laps which, gets 3 qualifying laps which, gets 7 qualifying minutes.
  • Round 3 will be 6 race laps which, gets 3 qualifying laps which, gets 6 qualifying minutes.
Thanks! The lineup post has been updated. 👍

For the D4 races tonight, I'm at a 50/50 chance of making it.
50% I'll be racing if the Mrs goes to bed early, or 50% not if she doesn't and want to watch a movie.

I cannot imagine a better host demeanor than your own. If you're dead set on this I'll host, but I don't think it will change anything.

Thank you, but demeanor does not for a good network make. Just sent my Ping/Down/Up test results (to West Coast, East Coast and Canada) and am waiting for a judgment.

Hey west coasters.

We are still looking for someone to host tonight. I will not be racing and will be away for the rest of the day. We really need someone to say they will host. All you need to do is have a good internet connection and be able to set up the room correctly for each race.

If you can do this please post in the thread ASAP!

Thanks

Love to but Canadian connection is sucky so it won't be me....unless it's a last resort.

To all Racers in the West Coast Division.

This is an urgent call to action!

If we are going to be able to continue running the West Coast Division we need the following roles filled. Each is vital to the running of the Division and also to the overall running of the League. So I would personally like each and everyone that is a part of the West Coast Division to step up and help keep this great thing we call SNAIL going.

WC Director - @jobyone (Steward)
WC Assistant Director - @GranStand Bill

WC Host Primary - Vacant / @jobyone (Steward) when racing
WC Host Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Score Keeper Primary - @Neovre (Steward) / Vacant
WC Score Keeper Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Video Uploader Primary - @tezgm99 (Steward) / Vacant
WC Video Uploader Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Data Entry Primary - @Ryan F ? / Vacant
WC Data Entry Backup - Vacant / Vacant

Ideally I would like 2 primary and 2 secondary volunteers. But the priority should be on getting one primary and then getting backups.

The following role is desired but not needed but is very appreciated

WC Photographers

This is the list of people that have raced in the last few weeks and our newest members yet to race. You do not have to be a long time SNAIL to help out so if you think you may be able to help out please do so.

@Jose Torres
@gmraces
@RinnFah
@Smarly 1time
@Travisorus - Has mentioned hosting but I would like confirmation you are still willing.
@jpe138083
@Col_Mustard
@Ryan F
@RealDeal
@RodeRuner1967
@SpacemanSpif

Again I can not stress again how vital it is to get these roles filled if we are going to run the West Coast Division smoothly and in a way that creates a fun environment for us all to race in.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Joby

I can still host if need be. I've been moving all week here so I haven't had anytime to practice. I'll be racing tonight, and have no problem being a backup host.

When I first joined S.N.A.I.L March or so....someone posted a song featuring a skinny girl ...er...maybe not unattractive skinny..with black leather pants that I loved. Both the girl and the song lol.....remember us old :banghead:s haven't bothered with most music after the early 70's because most of it is not music any more than acid rock was (you had to be smashed or high to relate to it and in the flying business they frowned on such activities)...but there are some major exceptions....bring back the skinny girl so i can go get her music :bowdown:
It wasn't Pat Benatar, was it?

So stoked to finally find a solid looking league! talked to a few of your users today and i would love to get involved if theres room!

There is always room for people in S.N.A.I.L..

I must warn you though, if you get placed in D6, you'll have to put up with my BS, that should be motivation to go fast as hell in that FR-S.

Also, I think that the 3rd combo should have a qualifying time of 7 minutes, D1 and D2 drivers are saying they complete their 3rd lap just as the timer runs out.

I can still host if need be. I've been moving all week here so I haven't had anytime to practice. I'll be racing tonight, and have no problem being a backup host.
Travisorus,

Thanks for helping out. Here is a rundown of the role and a link to a video that should help explain what needs to be done. If you have any questions just ask the guys there. I thin @tezgm99 should be able to answer any questions you are li
Skills needed, ability to work with and direct others. Knowledge of the S.N.A.I.L. Sunday night room set up preferred, but not required. You are able to attend most S.N.A.I.L. Sunday night races and communicate well. Should manage the settings and the flow of the lounge. Responsible for starting qualifying sessions and the races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miGwEV8q5Eg

Here is the updated Details for the West Coast Division

To all Racers in the West Coast Division.

This is an urgent call to action!

If we are going to be able to continue running the West Coast Division we need the following roles filled. Each is vital to the running of the Division and also to the overall running of the League. So I would personally like each and everyone that is a part of the West Coast Division to step up and help keep this great thing we call SNAIL going.

WC Director - @jobyone (Steward)
WC Assistant Director - @GranStand Bill

WC Host Primary - Vacant / @jobyone (Steward) when racing
WC Host Backup - @Travisorus / Vacant

WC Score Keeper Primary - @Neovre (Steward) / Vacant
WC Score Keeper Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Video Uploader Primary - @tezgm99 (Steward) / Vacant
WC Video Uploader Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Data Entry Primary - @Ryan F / Vacant
WC Data Entry Backup - Vacant / Vacant

Ideally I would like 2 primary and 2 secondary volunteers. But the priority should be on getting one primary and then getting backups.

The following role is desired but not needed but is very appreciated

WC Photographers

This is the list of people that have raced in the last few weeks and our newest members yet to race. You do not have to be a long time SNAIL to help out so if you think you may be able to help out please do so.

@Jose Torres
@gmraces
@RinnFah
@Smarly 1time
@jpe138083
@Col_Mustard
@RealDeal
@RodeRuner1967
@SpacemanSpif

Again I can not stress again how vital it is to get these roles filled if we are going to run the West Coast Division smoothly and in a way that creates a fun environment for us all to race in.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Joby

So stoked to finally find a solid looking league! talked to a few of your users today and i would love to get involved if theres room!
@Tysonneuf,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:
We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:
1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test
2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.
3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.
4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍
The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Last edited:
@Tysonneuf,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:
We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:
1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test
2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.
3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.
4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍
The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

#4 needs to be changed as it is not the responsibility of the host to send out the friend request. That is up to the driver to check the team SNAIL page and send out the necessary requests.

I think round 3 needs to be 7 mins. You need 3 laps under 1:50 to have a chance to get all 3. Almost impossible for me, so I can only imagine for even lower divisions.

Latest Posts

Back