◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
A thought on divebombing...there has to be another way to handle that. I know it was said that the driver following must respect the leader, however, it is a part of racing seen EVERYWHERE.

I'm not saying everyone should do it unless you are completely sure of what you are doing, but someone shouldn't get penalized for sticking their nose into a corner.

It's like I said, it's simply another part of racing. Ayrton Senna was extremely famous for doing this and it got him far, very far as a matter of fact.

Some of what Senna did was dive-bombing, but most of the time it wasn't. Out-braking is not dive-bombing. If you come along side the driver ahead of you on the inside during braking, but before the turn-in point (which remember, is determined by the leading driver. He/she is allowed to choose an early turn-in, if they want to), then the other driver must allow you the inside line. At least that's my interpretation of the rules.

A thought on divebombing...there has to be another way to handle that. I know it was said that the driver following must respect the leader, however, it is a part of racing seen EVERYWHERE.

I'm not saying everyone should do it unless you are completely sure of what you are doing, but someone shouldn't get penalized for sticking their nose into a corner.

As a last lap, last corner move with the win on the line? I think a fair few of us would attempt it. But early on in the race, it's not necessary since it completely screws up both cars' momentum for the next bit of the lap IMO :)

Some of what Senna did was dive-bombing, but most of the time it wasn't. Out-braking is not dive-bombing. If you come along side the driver ahead of you on the inside during braking, but before the turn-in point (which remember, is determined by the leading driver. He/she is allowed to choose an early turn-in, if they want to), then the other driver must allow you the inside line. At least that's my interpretation of the rules.

Yes, I must agree with you on that one also. But it must be understood that if the following driver "sticks" his nose in about half a car length of the leading car going into the corner, I believe they have the right to take the tighter line. However, it's a very delicate and contextual issue this, there can't be any exact set rules for it since every case is different pretty much.

As a last lap, last corner move with the win on the line? I think a fair few of us would attempt it. But early on in the race, it's not necessary since it completely screws up both cars' momentum for the next bit of the lap IMO :)

Without a doubt some of us would attempt it. Heck, I attempted it on the very first race for a podium position (I think) against Apmaddock. I ended up screwing up and kind of tapped him, but no harm was done thankfully.

I have a theory on the 15 person limit in the room: Perhaps the room reserves a spot for the owner of the lounge so that there will never be a situation where he can't join his own room. We could test this by seeing if we could get 16 people if the lounge owner is in the room too.

Must have been the rear of the field in d3, other than 1 of the starts @ Monza I only saw clean racing. I think the term "demo derby" is an extreme exaggeration. My opinion.

I have a theory on the 15 person limit in the room: Perhaps the room reserves a spot for the owner of the lounge so that there will never be a situation where he can't join his own room. We could test this by seeing if we could get 16 people if the lounge owner is in the room too.

That's an interesting theory.. It obviously wasn't just an issue with aubdogg because no_bull_racin97 couldn't get in either. :irked:

I think we should test that theory out for sure. I'll try to log in as one of the divisional accounts if we ever find ourselves in that situation again.

Srry for the bump apm I went to let off the gas and it was to late!

I also got bumped and spun out in another but I didn't complain so yeah....

Yes, I must agree with you on that one also. But it must be understood that if the following driver "sticks" his nose in about half a car length of the leading car going into the corner, I believe they have the right to take the tighter line. However, it's a very delicate and contextual issue this, there can't be any exact set rules for it since every case is different pretty much.

I reckon that could start getting dicey since many of us don't have racing experience and are just trying our best to hit the apex 80% of the time :scared:

My sincerest apologies to Apammadock. He was one of my divebomb victims, and it cost him dearly. 4th to 14th. I'm a big boy and will accept whatever penalties are handed down.

Other than that, (so far) I had fun tonight. Thanks gang.

:)

Here are the official results from our league night on July 15th, 2012. This was our third week using our new format and our eleventh week of using the PERFECT 100 points system. Based on the new format, Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C are to be selected by the winners of each division, with the division winner with the highest points total selecting first.

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. RIP_Welsh_Don ----- selected Prize A (finished with 92 points)
  2. jlbowler ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Mighty_mopar ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Nic-KL ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. AG07WRXTR ------- did not submit a vote
  9. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. ADR_BRONCO ------ did not submit a vote
  • DrKronin ----------- DNR
  • bdubclub ----------- DNR
  • GTP_esh ----------- DNR
  • Diabolicwyvern ----- DNR

Division 2
  1. rofajole ------------ selected Prize C (finished with 69 points)
  2. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Oshawa-Joe ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. GTP_dylansan ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. spooble ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Turbo91stdcivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. GTP_BeRandom ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. rallywgn81 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  14. cmbeal317 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  15. greest_lightnin ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  • aubdogg ----------- DNR
  • no_bull_racin97 ---- DNR
  • imtomtomim -------- DNR
  • GTP_STRUNS109 --- DNR

Division 3
  1. sethfraz22 --------- selected Prize B (finished with 87 points)
  2. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. donconater -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Vol_Jbolaz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. moi_2212 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. KissMyGlock -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Millerhd ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. SCREAMING_CHIEF -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. Patches_McFluffy --- did not submit vote
  12. qwertyuiopggvcds --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  14. atongo619 ---------- did not submit vote
  • yer_mama904 ------ DNR
  • nateral00 ----------- DNR
  • j-dogg11985 -------- DNR
  • MLR_DAnGeR_KiiD --- DNR
  • LR-L2L-xDriFtZz ----- DNR
  • torres_dong -------- DNR
  • dvdoughboy -------- DNR
  • GTP_CaptainSwan -- DNR

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 @Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since RIP_Welsh_Don selected Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 1 - BMW Z4 M Coupe '08 @Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since sethfraz22 selected Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

rofajole gets Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Honestly can't believe the Ferrari is still around... damn. I was hoping it wouldn't be here next week :lol:

The voting between Round 1 and Round 3 was very close though.

I'm mostly surprise that the Clio's will not be around! I figured Round 2 would be the most popular combo this week, but it got the most elimination votes!!

I felt like it was a shunt-stravaganza in d3. So much so that I quit mid race! I love the racing here, I just feel this Sunday was a demo Derby. Albeit I gave a few taps (sorry again vol) but I felt over all that the "golden rule" was forgotten somehow

I don't remember you hitting me. The only hit that I received that bothered me was when I was spun in the second chicane on the first lap at Monza. I don't know who did it, I haven't seen the replay. But it was such a tight group, that it might not be a big deal.

Besides, I climbed back up for a nice finish.

The voting between Round 1 and Round 3 was very close though.

I'm mostly surprise that the Clio's will not be around! I figured Round 2 would be the most popular combo this week, but it got the most elimination votes!!

I think it was the problems at Monza that killed it. That is a horrible track in groups like this.

I think it was the problems at Monza that killed it. That is a horrible track in groups like this.

Are you saying it would have been better without so many cars on the track? If so, what are your thoughts about splitting up into four divisions? I've always been hesitant to implement a D4, but perhaps it's unavoidable? :confused:

Srry for the bump apm I went to let off the gas and it was to late!

I also got bumped and spun out in another but I didn't complain so yeah....

Perhaps you should complain. That's what the complaint process is for. In fact, it's more to ensure clean driving than to win back any positions, etc.

I wrote four and a half complaints last night. To all of you who got one, don't take it personally. It seemed that I was the butt of a lot of contact yesterday. I know that none of it was intentional and most all of it was just bad luck on one drivers' part or another, but zer0 has often said that he wants the cleanest league there is, so I've asked the stewards to look at the incidents.

I finished poorly, but none of my complaints were sour grapes or an attempt to get a better finish. I'm not that small. I knew right when they happened that I was going to have to make a formal complaint about them.

Anyway, see you guys on the track next week. None of you did anything that worries me about racing with you again. Take it easy and keep racing! 👍

I think the problem with Monza has less to do with numbers and more to do with the closeness. The fact that almost all of the braking zones are long and from high speed makes a bit of shunting and dodging almost unavoidable. When that happens in a group there's bound to be trouble.

And the fact thatwe have a lot of different talent levels (or lack in my case) and thus brake at different times.

We have enough drivers for for divisions right now but i don't know how long that will last.

I couldnt find the lounge at all guys. I started looking for it at 9:55 to about 10:40. Then my freakin connection was acting up. I really wanted to race last night. Sucks that i couldnt

Last edited:
I couldnt find the lounge at all guys. I started looking for it at 9:55 to about 10:40. Then my freakin connection was acting up. I really wanted to race last night. Sicks that i couldnt

Hey Subbielov3r, sorry you couldn't find the lounge.

To get in the correct lounge, go to GT Mode in GT5, select Community, then scroll down to the correct SNAIL_DivisionX lounge. In your case SNAIL_Division3, then click the Coffee Cup and and answer Yes to join the lounge.

N.B. SNAIL_Division3 will not have the yellow (orange) icon beside it as the account will not be logged in and not in the Lounge.

New Rule: By law, if you chose not to vote for Round 3, your signature must clearly state to people that you are a Nazi.

I couldnt find the lounge at all guys. I started looking for it at 9:55 to about 10:40. Then my freakin connection was acting up. I really wanted to race last night. Sicks that i couldnt

EDIT: Ninja'd by cheeb and he said it better (as usual :))

what are the cars for next week so i could in them

They haven't been chosen yet. There's a 24 hour period where drivers can file protests, and once that's all been decided the winners will make their choices. This usually happens before the Wednesday night practice.

Last edited:
what are the cars for next week so i could in them

They haven't been selected yet as the results are not official yet.

Protests can be lodged up til 10:00 P.M. this evening. The stewards will review any protests, pass judgement and declare the results official based on their findings.

This usually happens within the next 24 - 36 hours, quite a job the steward group does by the way.

The car choices are made shortly thereafter. Based on the results post the Ferarri is sticking around, you can practice that for now :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by Dabney, doh.

Latest Posts

Back