◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
I quit guys I'm tired of being called aggressive. Forgive me if racing close to someones bumper without ever touching it is aggressive. from my prospective that is just close clean racing. Also if your gonna call me aggressive don't just about wreck eachother every turn.

I really apologize for the no show tonight. One of the dogs threw up her lunch so I had to keep a close eye on her tonight. Hopefully all went well without the usual "I'm playing GT5 online, disconnects are part of the game."

Good racing in D1 tonight. Some very close racing, and at least from my perspective everything was much cleaner than last week as well 👍 Me and Welsh had some great close battles, in particular at the Nurb. His three pole positions ended up being the difference in the final points though :P

Also I apologize for any laggyness on my end. My internet has been a bit up and down lately.

Anyways I'm looking forward to some Monday Night mayhem ;)

Had a great night tonight, got my first Snail Win! Did good until last round when ADD kicked in and I lost my focus on the track and ended up parking the car for the last few laps.. O'well, it happens, I guess.... Look at the deer over there.....

Last edited:
My apologies for dropping out of the last race, wasn't anything anyone did. I'm whipped, 3 days of lugging a tour bag around in 85 degree weather did me in.

No practice, focus was bad and no practice, sorry to everyone that received a bump from me tonight. Next week will be better.

Had a great night tonight, got my first Snail Win! Did good until last round when ADD kicked in and I lost my focus on the track and ended up parking the car for the last few races... O'well, it happens, I guess.... Look at the deer over there....

You were doing very well. I'm sorry about that short cut penalty. That was scary going three wide down that straight.

You were doing very well. I'm sorry about that short cut penalty. That was scary going three wide down that straight.

You were doing great as well, that three wide after the "S" turn was wild. That caused me to shortcut the chicane because I wanted to make sure you had the room to run your line, and i went to sharp in and cut the corner. after that, I couldn't get my head back into the race and parked the car so I wouldn't affect any one else in the race.

Policy Update/reminder:

While ultimately it is at the race directors digression whether or not to allow someone the opportunity to get a qualifying lap, or to hold up the start of a race for a driver, it is a racers personal duty to be sure that they are ready to race at 10 EDT sharp. At no point should one expect to be allowed a qualifying lap after the 10 minute mark, or to hold the start of a race for any reason what so ever, be it a network issue, forgot a car, or any personal problem.
We in SNAIL strive to maintain a prompt schedule during our events. We appreciate your co-operation in helping us stay on time.

Had fun racing you guys tonight! Really close and fast racing. Realizing even more that I need to not let the pressure of some other drivers get to me since I start to keep looking back and making mistakes; something that effected me at the GT Academy finals. Either way I'm glad I accidentally joined your practice room the other night because this was the kind of league I was hoping to find. Looking forward to future racing!

Not me dabneyd, I didn't save any replays as I felt the racing was good tonight. Some great battles with Wii and the whole D1 crowd tonight, thanks guys.

Had a great start to the night by heading to the washroom near the end of first quali', only to return with the race countdown timer going!! Jumped in my seat, but sadly someone hit my stationary car (hope it was ok whoever that was and I apologise), got going a couple of seconds back and had fun from there :D

Thanks again guys and I look forward to more great racing next week!

I had **** for luck tonight, first the M3 starts acting like it's got no tires at random, then a disconnect at Nurburg. 🤬 Once again I'd like to point out that there was a lot of contact going on in D3. It didn't really effect me as I always recovered but I know some people are probably angry at this point. I really wish everyone would just be more observant and not try to force their way ahead at the very start of the race every time.

Also moi, our battle was ****ing awesome in replay.

Glad to hear all you D1 aliens had a good time! The racing in D2 was great too. Close, competitive, and clean. The only issue was the last race where we had a couple of lag spikes that made things interesting. All in all, a fun night! :)

Im going to offficially join haha sorrry. On the gt planet app it wouldn't show me information so I will read the olr and all the things I need to know and I imagine im starting in division 3. I said I would race last week but something came up but I would like to join for next week

I'd also like to point out that I'm pretty sure we said no microphones for tonight yet we had quite a few anyway. I know some people probably didn't hear about it but I asked for mics off before we started and there were connection issues all night. I request we do not use microphones for next Sunday to see if it resolves future issues. I would also like to know if we should have a dedicated host for each room with a strong connection, since that didn't happen tonight either.

I'd also like to point out that I'm pretty sure we said no microphones for tonight yet we had quite a few anyway. I know some people probably didn't hear about it but I asked for mics off before we started and there were connection issues all night. I request we do not use microphones for next Sunday to see if it resolves future issues. I would also like to know if we should have a dedicated host for each room with a strong connection, since that didn't happen tonight either.

As you can see here, we unfortunately don't have designated host for D3 right now. It's the only division that doesn't have one. If anyone in D3 is has a great connection, please go to www.speedtest.net and post your results here so that we can designate you as the D3 host.

Here are the official results from our league night on July 29th, 2012. This was the fifth week using our new format and the second week with four divisions. This means that Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C are to be selected by the division winners with the three highest scores. However, since we now have more divisions than we have prizes, I am implementing a rule that limits the number of Prize A and Prize B selections that can be made from each division to only one per month. This will ensure that the drivers from each division will have an equal opportunity to pick our new car and track combos.

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. RIP_Welsh_Don ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 wins Prize A (scored 87 points)
  2. WiiFreak ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Mighty_mopar ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Nic-KL ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. mrjones_80 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. howyakeeping1 ----- did not submit a vote
  8. ADR_BRONCO ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. AJK-VAIL ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • jlbowler ------------ DNR
  • KingBestJr ---------- DNR
  • GTP_esh ----------- DNR
  • JerseyDriverSS ----- DNR
  • EpicGonzago3 ------ DNR
  • Diabolicwyvern ----- DNR

Division 2
  1. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 (scored 72 points)
  2. Turbo91stdcivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. GTP_dylansan ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. DrKronin ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. aubdogg ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. SPIDERMANLOL1 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. kcheeb ------------- did not submit vote
  10. spooble ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. tcrash15 ----------- did not submit vote
  12. rallywgn81 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. AG07WRXTR -------- did not submit vote
  14. whatbadgerseat ---- did not submit vote
  • GTP_BeRandom ----- DNR
  • SPEED14231234 ---- DNR
  • rofajole ------------ DNR
  • bdubclub ----------- DNR

Division 3
  1. moi_2212 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 wins Prize C (scored 86 points)
  2. sethfraz22 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. JazzVanWolfe ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. ChuthuluGoat ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. cmbeal317 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. chatva -------------- did not submit vote
  9. Schmiggz ------------ did not submit vote
  10. no_bull_racin97 ------ did not submit vote
  11. bloodredsky --------- did not submit vote
  • Da_Panda_Bear ----- DNR
  • donconater --------- DNR
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR
  • KissMyGlock -------- DNR
  • chevbacca46 ------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR

Division 4
  1. Millerhd ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 wins Prize B because D4 already won Prize A this month (scored 94 points)
  2. sudmanster -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Vol_Jbolaz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. jbica --------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. atongo619 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. yer_mama904 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. TEX-36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • g-MachineREX ------ DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF -- DNR
  • Handlebar-Man ------ DNR
  • qwertyuiopggvcds --- DNR
  • jboy32 -------------- DNR
  • Patches_McFluffy --- DNR
  • nateral00 ----------- DNR
  • eagle123vick -------- DNR

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 @Nurburgring GP/D
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since RIP_Welsh_Don gets Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 2 - BMW M3 Coupe '07 @Road Course - Indy
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since Millerhd gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

moi_2212 gets Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Lol. Well, looks like the s2000 will be hanging around for a while again! Maybe we can drop Indy RC for Daytona RC! The m3 could be the next amuse g27.

Noooo! The voting results are exactly the opposite of what I would have wanted. Stupid GVR. Oh, well.

The Official
S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY
Monday every week, all S.N.A.I.L. members who raced in Sundays races will be automatically entered into the S.N.A.I.L. lottery.
I will randomly give all racers a # and roll dice to get the winner. They will be awarded anything from D1 stockpile.

So now for this weeks S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY'S winner.....
JAZZVANWOLFE
Just post or PM me what you would like for a prize. :)

dah sorry about last night, i joined d3 successfully but went to the bathroom and came back sitting on the grid all by myself. (my bad) after the restart, i noticed the bottom 4 guys were lagged out for me so i tried to quit and rejoin, but kept getting d/c'ed after rejoining. its too bad because i was really looking forward to the m3 indy race. the one race i did mange to get into was super fun though.

Had a great start to the night by heading to the washroom near the end of first quali', only to return with the race countdown timer going!! Jumped in my seat, but sadly someone hit my stationary car (hope it was ok whoever that was and I apologise), got going a couple of seconds back and had fun from there :D

dah sorry about last night, i joined d3 successfully but went to the bathroom and came back sitting on the grid all by myself. (my bad) after the restart, i noticed the bottom 4 guys were lagged out for me so i tried to quit and rejoin, but kept getting d/c'ed after rejoining. its too bad because i was really looking forward to the m3 indy race. the one race i did mange to get into was super fun though.

Wow, twice in one night! Remember guys, the qualifying session lasts for ten minutes, and the races start promptly thereafter! I'm sure y'all won't make that mistake again.

Back