◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,627 comments
Better late than never, but here are some close racing action shots from the second race of the Jaguar Combo that I found myself a part of. These shots captured the 4 way battle for 3rd place that lasted around 3 laps of close nose-to-tail and door-to-door racing action. Great job to @soundtiger95, @Rob Brown, and @DublDee for for the clean, competitive, and very close racing.
4972048828977906200_0.jpg
4981056038433195536_0.jpg
4972611789668745752_0.jpg
5116164025104729624_0.jpg
5125734174312890896_0.jpg

Also, nice job on the liveries fellas, especially @soundtiger, forgot to compliment your livery on that Jag on race night. Nice job.

Last edited:
Better late than never, but here are some close racing action shots from the second race of the Jaguar Combo that I found myself a part of. These shots captured the 4 way battle for 3rd place that lasted around 3 laps of close nose-to-tail and door-to-door racing action. Great job to @soundtiger95, @Rob Brown, and @DublDee for for the clean, competitive, and very close racing.

Also, nice job on the liveries fellas, especially @soundtiger, forgot to compliment your livery on that Jag on race night. Nice job.
I think I won that battle and did a celebratory finish line spin . . . then everyone passed me because there was 1 more lap in the race. :eek:
:banghead:

A bit... of understeer when you accelerate out of the corners, otherwise it is good. I think it is going to be close racing. Please practice your patience in a pack.

Yes, spot on. And a bit of lift-off oversteer. Subtle throttle control will make a big difference in lap times but be even more important if running 2 wide thru corners. Tempting to hit the accelerator to keep a position. Won't take much to push someone wide outside.

Nearly all of my miles were pre-Snail when I ran brake bias full forward and could kill it into corners.

So if a person was to go with a shifter, what would be the choice for someone running lets say,....... oh I don't know......like a....... T300RS in a Purple colored rig with a painting of a wizard shooting lightning out of his fingertips, riding a unicorn sneezing rainbows out of his nostrils????..........Just asking for a friend.....:dopey:
I enjoy my TH8A in all of the big 3(GTS, PCARS, AC). They also make a short shifter add on.

Yea. Once you get a shifter you can’t go back. I tried without once I got the Fanatec but it’s just not the same. This thing is MASSIVE! It was a struggle to pull the trigger but I got reimbursed and refunded an airline ticket with my company so I had a little extra funds to spend. (Ps wifey thinks Fanatec sent me this due to my issues with the first Fanatec wheel) shhhhh

She's gonna start keeping your hairy boys in her pocketbook when you get caught.

Hey all!

I received an invite to join a while ago, but I have been too busy to be active. How do I get involved in my first race? I ran my qualifier at Kyoto with the Lexus grp 4 as requested.

Also, totally unrelated, but I need to rant. I just ran the manufacturers champ (grp. 3 at autopolis). Had a fantastic qualifying, ended up with pole by about .8 seconds. I had a good race a few hours before, going from 10th up to 6th, so I was very optimistic having pole position. But OF COURSE, T1L1 I get booted off track and go straight into 20th. I'm not proud of this, but I proceeded to rage quit. Anyways...

Looking forward to much cleaner racing with you all.

Hey all!

I received an invite to join a while ago, but I have been too busy to be active. How do I get involved in my first race? I ran my qualifier at Kyoto with the Lexus grp 4 as requested.

Also, totally unrelated, but I need to rant. I just ran the manufacturers champ (grp. 3 at autopolis). Had a fantastic qualifying, ended up with pole by about .8 seconds. I had a good race a few hours before, going from 10th up to 6th, so I was very optimistic having pole position. But OF COURSE, T1L1 I get booted off track and go straight into 20th. I'm not proud of this, but I proceeded to rage quit. Anyways...

Looking forward to much cleaner racing with you all.
Hey there! Don’t see you on the SNAIL Active Drivers List - Updated 3/23/2019 @ 9:55 PM PT - and we also all reran the qualifier after the physics change. Just repost like you did originally (replying to first post) and rerun your qualifier after you receive the directions.

Looking forward to seeing you on track!

Last edited:
@math_is_tight @stelephant Math has already run the time trial and is awaiting division placement. You're good to go Math - check the thread Saturday night/Sunday morning to see what division you're in. Welcome aboard!
Cool! Looks like you just have to check that list @math_is_tight.

Start practicing the combos and try to join up for practice tomorrow evening - lobby details will be in this thread tomorrow.

SNAIL Sunday Night Combos - Updated March 20, 2019 @ 10:00 AM MDT

Last edited:
Other Improvements and Adjustments
– Fixed an issue wherein with the transmission set to [Manual], the gear shifts could be performed faster when using a H-pattern shifter in manual-clutch mode than with a paddle shift or Wireless Controller. (The following controller were affected: Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter, Thrustmaster TH8 RS Shifter, Logitech Driving Force Shifter, Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ);
– Fixed an issue in “Sport” mode wherein forced Time Penalties wouldn’t function correctly in the automated penalty zone;

PD finally fixed it 💡

Back