◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,627 comments
Interesting patch notes regarding h pattern/clutch shifting. Tried it, and much harder shifting without missing than it was before, at least on a g29. Think I'm sticking with paddle shifting.
So are paddle shifts still painfully slow in street cars? If so I think going back to GT6 style, every car shifts like a DSG, shifting would have been a better solution.

So are paddle shifts still painfully slow in street cars? If so I think going back to GT6 style, every car shifts like a DSG, shifting would have been a better solution.
Yes, they still shift slow with paddle shifters, but when trying to speed shift with h gate shifter, you have to let off the throttle, get the clutch all the way down, let the revs drop to rev match, then shift. Seems to force a slower process. Imo, it ruined h gate shifting in this game. As you said, they should have sped up the speed of the shifts for pad and paddle users, not force a slowed down shift process with h gate. At least it will create a no advantage again across the board.

Yes, they still shift slow with paddle shifters, but when trying to speed shift with h gate shifter, you have to let off the throttle, get the clutch all the way down, let the revs drop to rev match, then shift. Seems to force a slower process. Imo, it ruined h gate shifting in this game. As you said, they should have sped up the speed of the shifts for pad and paddle users, not force a slowed down shift process with h gate. At least it will create a no advantage again across the board.
What a joke, transmissions have synchronizers so you don't have to have the revs matched before shifting into the next gear. They're literally removing sim value. How on earth did PD think this was the best solution.

this is not how real cars work, so how GT can say they are a simulator?????????:confused:

So if a person was to go with a shifter, what would be the choice for someone running lets say,....... oh I don't know......like a....... T300RS in a Purple colored rig with a painting of a wizard shooting lightning out of his fingertips, riding a unicorn sneezing rainbows out of his nostrils????..........Just asking for a friend.....:dopey:

I have a TH8A shifter for sale :lol:

upload_2019-3-28_11-58-13.jpeg

:lol: :cheers:

Sunday, March 31, 2019 Lineup
March 2019 Season - League Night #4

1. JAGUAR F-TYPE GR.4 on SS Tires @ Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix - 16:30 Clear - (5 Laps)
2. VOLKSWAGEN SCIROCCO GR.4 on SS Tires @ Autopolis International Racing Course - 16:00 Cloudy - (5 Laps)
3. MAZDA 787B 1991 on RM Tires @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 15:00 Cloudy - (7 Laps)

What a joke, transmissions have synchronizers so you don't have to have the revs matched before shifting into the next gear. They're literally removing sim value. How on earth did PD think this was the best solution.
I completely agree. The h gate and clutch physics weren't perfect, but it at least allowed a decent representation of shifting a manual gearbox.. .as fast or as slow as you could, but now, in an effort to equalize, they ruined it. As I said, manual gearbox cars that shift slow before should have been programmed to shift as fast as "humanly" possible to match any drivers potential shifting abilities. Assetto Corsa and PCars 2 did a great job in this department by forcing you to pre-select h gate or paddle, and if paddle was chosen on a manual transmission car, it shifted almost as quickly as an SMG equipped car, giving no advantage to a driver rowing his own. Also, there was no bouncing back and forth from one to the next on the fly which has always been a gripe of mine with GTSport. Pick your poison, but cant have both at your disposal. Hope they fix this down the road, but since I rarely use h gate for immersion in GTSport (I go to AC for the immersion and h gate on the ring) it's not a deal breaker for me. I'll continue to enjoy what's good in the game.

Also, it seems the speed of the allowable shift is dependent on car.

Last edited:
I completely agree. The h gate and clutch physics weren't perfect, but it at least allowed a decent representation of shifting a manual gearbox.. .as fast or as slow as you could, but now, in an effort to equalize, they ruined it. As I said, manual gearbox cars that shift slow before should have been programmed to shift as fast as "humanly" possible to match any drivers potential shifting abilities. Assetto Corsa and PCars 2 did a great job in this department by forcing you to pre-select h gate or paddle, and if paddle was chosen on a manual transmission car, it shifted almost as quickly as an SMG equipped car, giving no advantage to a driver rowing his own. Also, there was no bouncing back and forth from one to the next on the fly which has always been a gripe of mine with GTSport. Pick your poison, but cant have both at your disposal. Hope they fix this down the road, but since I rarely use h gate for immersion in GTSport (I go to AC for the immersion and h gate on the ring) it's not a deal breaker for me. I'll continue to enjoy what's good in the game.

Also, it seems the speed of the allowable shift is dependent on car.
Take all the physics and car dynamics from AC, mold them with GT Sport. Sim racing domination will occur soon after.

While Assetto Corsa is still on sale, I have this question: Is AC worth getting at this point? The basic game is $10.50 (I’m guessing I’ll need season pass for $10). Or do I get the full game with all DLC for $40. Is there anyone out there with a strong opinion?

Interesting patch notes regarding h pattern/clutch shifting. Tried it, and much harder shifting without missing than it was before, at least on a g29. Think I'm sticking with paddle shifting.

They just ****ing ruined H-pattern... Some cars now undriveable under speed shifting situation... This might be the end of my gt sport career.

They just ****ing ruined H-pattern... Some cars now undriveable under speed shifting situation... This might be the end of my gt sport career.

Oh come on; you’re going to let this be the end? What kind of driver just quits something that they don’t like or PD screwed up? You know what, to EVERYONE who is thinking this, you can either quit or suck it up like every other person out there AND ADAPT.

I’m inviting more people to join my dislike/outright-hate-me band wagon, but this time, I DON’T CARE. Like I’m one to talk, but I just don’t care. I don’t care if this is sarcasm either, I just- we’ll you know.

Tell me to remove this if necessary.

While Assetto Corsa is still on sale, I have this question: Is AC worth getting at this point? The basic game is $10.50 (I’m guessing I’ll need season pass for $10). Or do I get the full game with all DLC for $40. Is there anyone out there with a strong opinion?
I bought both. The physics, especially weight transfer, are really good. The car list is decent, a lot of porsches too. The track list is pretty sparse, especially compared to pcars, but you get classics like Laguna Seca, Spa and Silverstone. The biggest drawback is the online lobby system, its unintuitive and you can't change settings once the lobby is open.

I am just saying that this looks really bad for PD... They may as well have just banned H-pattern...
Oh come on; you’re going to let this be the end? What kind of driver just quits something that they don’t like or PD screwed up? You know what, to EVERYONE who is thinking this, you can either quit or suck it up like every other person out there AND ADAPT.

I’m inviting more people to join my dislike/outright-hate-me band wagon, but this time, I DON’T CARE. Like I’m one to talk, but I just don’t care. I don’t care if this is sarcasm either, I just- we’ll you know.

Tell me to remove this if necessary.

The console version is not so great as far as online lobby function but it still has unbelievable driving dynamics. The braking and weight transfer between the tires is about the most realistic that I've experienced except for Dirt Rally in VR.

Ah, I wouldnt write it off. It sucks yes, but how often do most people run h pattern shifting in its truest sense (only using for up and heel/toe downshifting without going back and forth from paddle to h gate). I know I dont when I'm competing seriously. Honestly I would only use it for launching, then go strictly to paddles for the rest of the race for the consistency since that was the only way to keep up. It was fun to use for messing around, or single offline races, but isn't a deal breaker for me. As I said, if I want to immerse myself with a clutch and hgate, I fire up AC, get it out if my system, and then come back to gtsport for the online play, community, and livery editing. Hope I swayed ya.

Anyone who would like to give F1 fantasy a shot, checkout the SNAIL Fantasy F1 thread. We need a few more teams to convert to a race league (where the real fun begins). Don't worry if you have never played before as I will be giving pointers throughout the season on how to improve your teams. Oh yeah, and you can win $hells too!

Back