◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,627 comments
Just to give everyone a head's up. The two new Super Formula cars are not currently eligible for selection. There is a bug that does not allow them to enter races when Tuning Prohibited is enabled. The in game message says this will be fixed with a future update so once that update is released and the cars are confirmed to work properly, they will be eligible for selection on Sunday nights.

21E0557D-C45D-48FB-9DF7-C78B116E6BC5.png

Hey guys, you haven't noted the pattern yet: Updates to fix bugs introduced by new content are usually coming out in about two weeks after each release. So hang tight, it's coming soon. My wife is just shaking her head.... she asks... You don't have enough cars?? Yep, she doesn't understand our passion for this game... haha

For the record I am NOT quitting. But I ususally use my shifter on cars that are a true stick and paddles when they are used as factory per car. Going to continue to use my shifter when applicable. When or if I tank the community can decide if I was correct for my style of play. (Full Simulation)

I do exactly the same, whenever at the cockpit view the driver uses paddels, i use them, when the drivers take his hand down i use the shiffter. just as it would be in real life.......

I do exactly the same, whenever at the cockpit view the driver uses paddels, i use them, when the drivers take his hand down i use the shiffter. just as it would be in real life.......
I tried that for a hot minute with Snail, but one missed up or downshift and your at the back of the pack. Not worth it to me in such a tightly competitive group. Good luck to you drivers that can crack the clean shifts consistently and be competitive.

On another note, who's "Ready to Race"

Let's be honest with ourselves about the use of the shifter pre-update. The clutch and shifter were already so poorly implemented and modeled that nobody was using it to simulate realism. If you thought you were getting anything close to real simulation of a properly functioning clutch and gear shift, I'm sorry to burst your bubble. The real reason anyone was using the clutch and shifter in a competitive situation was to gain an advantage over those that were not using it especially those that were only using the shifter for up shifting and the paddles for down shifting.

If you are part of the group that used the clutch and shifter for fun and not in competitive situations then this update seems to have taken something away from that but if you were just doing it for fun and not the advantage, now you can learn how another version of an unrealistic clutch and shifter work.

I tested out the new clutch model last night. While it does take more precise timing to shift, the quick shifting is still there:

For launches you basically do as you described:

1. Before race put Shifter into 2nd gear
2. When sitting on grid, down shift with paddles to 1st.
3. Take off like you normally would. When you're ready to shift to 2nd, simply lift off gas, activate clutch, and then back on gas. This can be done in 1/4 second. The game will shift for you since your shifter is already sitting in 2nd gear.
4. Profit

So the paddle guys will still be left in the dust from the line - but at least it will be harder for the #shiftgaters to bang through the gears over the course of a lap. I can see people just leaving it in X gear the entire race and then quick shifting to it when it's time.

TLDR: #shiftgate has been downgraded from a Hurricane to a Tropical Storm.

Back