◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,537 comments
I'm going to be hosting some shuffle racing at 10 tonight! I'll post the room number then.

Isn't that about the time the patch is being started? How does that affect online play?

Last patch I remember was in the middle of a b-spec enduro for me and the little box kept popping up asking if I wanted to update....it was within the last half hour of the race so I just continued to click 'no' until I was finished :lol:

Isn't that about the time the patch is being started? How does that affect online play?

Last patch I remember was in the middle of a b-spec enduro for me and the little box kept popping up asking if I wanted to update....it was within the last half hour of the race so I just continued to click 'no' until I was finished :lol:

It's supposed to start at 11PM EDT. We'll see what happens, but I'm guessing nothing.

Dont worry exo, in the near future, we will have some dirty racing starting again. And possibly another series to add to the snail family of events.

I think we need an all aids allowed, boost high afternoon series that uses the lineups of the previous week.

D5 first time racer...
i am posting this message in order to say i´m sorry to everyone that i unintentionally bumped. I was unaware that the brake balance could have been tuned, thus i left it standard. When i reacted to the brake lights from car´s in front my brake distance was longer and caused almost all bumps at corners. Again sorry

btw, at least on D5 i would consider it a big appeal if all aids were turned on, because people using the SIXAXIS ( like me ) often require that extra help to control high speed long corner's on high powered RWD car's. It makes it a little unfair to us poor people :/
But had a blast ;)

btw, at least on D5 i would consider it a big appeal if all aids were turned on

All you have to do is ask for that in D5....like it says in the very first post on page 1, it's the only division that allows them :)

Edit; to those doing my rally TT, don't forget that round 2 is open now.

btw, at least on D5 i would consider it a big appeal if all aids were turned on, because people using the SIXAXIS ( like me ) often require that extra help to control high speed long corner's on high powered RWD car's. It makes it a little unfair to us poor people :/
But had a blast ;)

They are allowed, just let your director know you will be using them. Also note that while using aids, you won't be allowed to advance to division 4.

No worries, just wondered since it was Monday and all...

Dont worry exo, in the near future, we will have some dirty racing starting again. And possibly another series to add to the snail family of events.

Wow, you guys are reading my mind. Rally, I was about to PM you about Monday Mayhem to see what you wanted to do with it now that you have all of the "wedding" crap out of the way! :sly:

As for "another series", what about alternating Mondays between the usual Monday Mayhem and a new event called "Manual Monday", which would be based on the conversation we started here.

D5 first time racer...
i am posting this message in order to say i´m sorry to everyone that i unintentionally bumped. I was unaware that the brake balance could have been tuned, thus i left it standard. When i reacted to the brake lights from car´s in front my brake distance was longer and caused almost all bumps at corners. Again sorry

Outlaw,
Welcome to D5, I think you are going to sharpen up next week; hope that you had fun last night and if you must use the aids by all means is not prohibited. 👍

D5 first time racer...

Hey OUTLAW---666,

Thanks for posting this 👍 It's awesome when people can see mistakes they've made and say they'll be better :)

Glad you had fun, that's what S.N.A.I.L. is about!

Pics from D2 Sept 23rd.

By the way , great racing last night!

DeepForestRaceway.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_1.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_2.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_3.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_4.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_6.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_7.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_1.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_2.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_3.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_4.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_5.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_6.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_7.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_8.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_12.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_10.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_11.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza-2.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1-2.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_2-2.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_3-2.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4-2.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_5-2.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_6-2.jpg

Hey OUTLAW---666,

Thanks for posting this 👍 It's awesome when people can see mistakes they've made and say they'll be better :)

Glad you had fun, that's what S.N.A.I.L. is about!

For all SNAILs new and old, I stink but I look forward to every Sunday night. The whole vibe is just pure cool. I have seen the inside of D2 (back in the old days) and seem to be keeping the back of the pack under control these days in D4, but every week I try to balance real life and my *secret* SNAIL life balanced so I can enjoy yet another Sunday night of racing with some pretty cool cats! Some (outsiders) see this as just a "video game" but those of us that play, know it is more than just a game. OOoohhh look ... BUNNIES!! (damn) Sorry for the tangent, but just wanted to chime in for those getting started that this is THE place to become a better driver and really enjoy this "game" to it's fullest!!

On another note... I have really been toying with the idea of doing an Iron Butt enduro. Not a series mind you but an event. I am thinking of something in the arena of a 12 hour race. I started thinking maybe a real 24 hour deal but maybe go with 12 to start. It will take a lot of planning (any help or ideas would be helpful) but how cool would a 12 hour barn-burnerer be?? What are your thoughts and has it been done yet? Just fishing for interest at this point...

Cheers!!

Iron Butt? More like iron eyeballs!

Edit: I'd give it a try though. I can't say that I've heard of anything like this being done before.

Well, the tyre compounds last longer than before as they promised. I just tried out the Fezza 458/RM/Indy road course combo from last month as that was the previous one I recalled that ate tyres and easily managed 7 laps this time without bothering to look after them...even had some sideways action yet the worst RM still had about half its indicator left.

Outlaw,
Welcome to D5, I think you are going to sharpen up next week; hope that you had fun last night and if you must use the aids by all means is not prohibited. 👍

Well guys, thanks for letting me know, and i´m sure i will ask for them next Sunday and seriously improve my race results.

I had driving line and TCS available the last week, and probably two.

Normally I had been turning them off unless requested, but having them 'available' is not 'only by request' so those two were supposed to be available to you, Outlaw.

Wow, you guys are reading my mind. Rally, I was about to PM you about Monday Mayhem to see what you wanted to do with it now that you have all of the "wedding" crap out of the way! :sly:

As for "another series", what about alternating Mondays between the usual Monday Mayhem and a new event called "Manual Monday", which would be based on the conversation we started here.

Well. I do still have a monkey or two on my back. However, the big one is gone. And the next biggest is on craigslist. That said, I wouldn't mind alternating Mondays with a different theme. I know the dirty stuff seems to lose participation quickly.
What I'm shocked by is the fact that you don't use the h-gate. I admittedly don't use the clutch. It doesn't work very well here I don't think. But I use the trans as I come in the car. So either the h-gate or paddles. But man. That pedal, poorly executed.

Hi every one,

Unfortunately I will be off D3 pits next 2 or 3 Sundays. You will miss me but I should enjoy it cause I left my cold Quebec region to go to California/Nevada for 10 days. :(

By that, I should have a disappointing September at SNAIL because instead of continuing my progress on global ranking I'll fall down at least 3 positions at the end.

But the whole experiment still awesome! I've entered only 7 rounds (2 and a 1/3 Sunday) and had so much emotion and fun. It's a complete different experiment than regular online racing. :dopey:

I've already learned a lot by this short passage. Regarding my nerves :cool:, my attitude with cars in front and behind me :sly:, my patience 💡, and my humility :lol:. I'm not sure to be purely faster but certainly better overall. :)

That said, you can use it as an advertisement slogan: «Be a better driver in only 2 weeks by using SNAIL once a week» eh eh eh. ;)

By the way, am I the only freak using a SIXAXIS in D3? You all seem to be crazy guys with full cockpit in their basement! :dunce:

See you soon my anonymous friends. :cheers:

Got my racing rig mostly done this weekend. Still need to build a mount for the shifter and maybe make the pedals adjustable.

Includes:
MR2 seat
About $60 worth of wood, bolts, and screws
GTEYE brake spring

racerig.jpg

Hi every one,

Unfortunately I will be off D3 pits next 2 or 3 Sundays. You will miss me but I should enjoy it cause I left my cold Quebec region to go to California/Nevada for 10 days. :(

By that, I should have a disappointing September at SNAIL because instead of continuing my progress on global ranking I'll fall down at least 3 positions at the end.

But the whole experiment still awesome! I've entered only 7 rounds (2 and a 1/3 Sunday) and had so much emotion and fun. It's a complete different experiment than regular online racing. :dopey:

I've already learned a lot by this short passage. Regarding my nerves :cool:, my attitude with cars in front and behind me :sly:, my patience 💡, and my humility :lol:. I'm not sure to be purely faster but certainly better overall. :)

That said, you can use it as an advertisement slogan: «Be a better driver in only 2 weeks by using SNAIL once a week» eh eh eh. ;)

By the way, am I the only freak using a SIXAXIS in D3? You all seem to be crazy guys with full cockpit in their basement! :dunce:

See you soon my anonymous friends. :cheers:

Glad you're having fun and learning RAMSAM 👍

Thanks for letting us know you're away for a while, enjoy your vacation :)

Got my racing rig mostly done this weekend. Still need to build a mount for the shifter and maybe make the pedals adjustable.

Includes:
MR2 seat
About $60 worth of wood, bolts, and screws
GTEYE brake spring

I like the adjustability you've got there. I got my seat out of a Celica, so I imagine they're pretty similar. I also got the GTEYE spring yesterday and I think I'm going to have to beef up the board that I have the pedals mounted to. It's significantly stiffer and it flexes the MDF about 1/4".

Have you guys attached the seat to the front section? Dabneyd - would be easy to create an abs bottom loop for the seat box to sit in and keep it from pushing away. You could still pull out the seat and hang up your abs section as normal.

Back