◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Hey guys, I'm thinking of running a new DLC night tomorrow. Probably around 9pm EST. I'll be racing 2 five lap races per car on two different tracks chosen by the voters.

Tuning prohibited.

Anyone interested?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of running a new DLC night tomorrow. Probably around 9pm EST. I'll be racing 2 five lap races per car on two different tracks chosen by the voters.

Tuning prohibited.

Anyone interested?

This is also going on tomorrow night.

Yeah, I've had enough fun braking for turn 1 and voted for 3. Combo 1 was awesome once I figured it out. Who picked that?

I ended up liking the Tesla, made you sit up and take notice. You had to be smooth to keep the car balanced, once you lost it well ... I had a tough time deciding this week, I like them all.

I'm a little peeved at myself for getting into the back of you in the same spot (1st turn, Monza) for the 3rd time recently. I don't think I hurt your race, which I'm glad for, but I really need to stop doing that. :dunce:

My race wasn't hurt at all and I did the same to tcrash :( Monza feels a little inconsistent to me with respect to braking, especially in the draft. In race one I had a near miss early on while in the draft and a fatal miss a little later. Both times I was sure I'd braked much earlier than usual but did not get the braking power I expected. This lead to me being even more cautious in the second race which I'm sure gave racefan some fits :(

Might even start doing karts. Maybe not.

Yes please :)

I apologize for contributing to the unusually negative vibe in D5. Frustration was getting the better of me.

Thanks for that Handlebar, I can only guess what it's like. D5 has more than it's share of new S.N.A.I.L.s who all have questions and queries ... and a lot of the answers can be found in the first and second posts of our humble little home.

Sad to see the Tesla leaving.

Sure hope that corner cutting fest called Monza is gone. No fun being forced to run a dirty line to keep up. :(

I lived in Buffalo. Buffalo Indiana that is. ;)

Sure hope that corner cutting fest called Monza is gone. No fun being forced to run a dirty line to keep up. :(

Oh, that's why I was nowhere near the pace in qualifying. I guess I have some replays to watch.

D2 pictures.

DeepForestRaceway_3_zpsa8f98e97.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_2_zps22356302.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_1_zps6314eb23.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_zps1ce88f78.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_9_zpsf926048e.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_8_zpsdfb99f26.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_7_zpscb9f2d36.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_6_zpsc0f89526.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_5_zps5125646f.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_4_zpsce6987e7.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_3_zps2d9f2242.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_2_zps13af56ff.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_1_zps1f107f3e.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_zps70b3c4f6.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_3_zpsa06c2346.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4_zpsa210cda4.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_zps1c2a663b.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_2_zpsc5486852.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1_zpsc47986b6.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_10_zpsb754ccf3.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_5_zps9bc83dfa.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_6_zps3da76254.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_11_zpsb413b586.jpg

and one day....
RedBullHangar-7_zps27be1aba.jpg

Last edited:
D2 pictures.

Great pictures Joe, thanks 👍

Some wheels very close to kerbs and white lines, awesome :)

I had a heck of a time getting my brake point right for the second chicane at Monza. I was either in way too deep (as evidenced by your pictures) or accelerating to the corner :crazy:

I wanted to plug the Tuesday series again. We will be doing a one-make tuner/team series using the Silvia RM.

Tomorrow night, we will just be having a testing session to play around with ballast and format one more time. We will be running Tuning Prohibited.

Next week, we will start the series properly. You may not add any parts, but teams may tune the car as they see fit.

The series will run for four weeks, and then we will try to expand it to include a couple other RMs, and do it again.

If you are interested, let me know. Find a teammate, find a tuner, and start working on your car.

If ORCA is finished by the time this starts. I'd be interested. Have to see what time we finish.

We are using the Silvia RM in that series. No tune. Sport Soft. Fun car. I'd love to remove some of the push via tuning. ;)

I can tune and drive. Or just provide tunes.

Looks like fun!

Can anybody explain me how do the points work??

Post #1

League Night

Our Sunday racing session lasts for only two hours and is split into three rounds. Each round consists of two races using a predetermined car and track combo. At the beginning of each round, there's a 10-minute qualifying session to compete for pole position. The first race is set to 'Fastest First' the best qualifiers and the second race is set to 'Reverse Grid' in order to promote on-track action. Points are awarded based on our "perfect" points system. After the round is completed, we move on to the next round and repeat the same process with the next car and track combination. Once all three rounds are complete, we tally up the points and then let our interactive format kick in.

See: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7026044#post7026044

OwensRacing

I lived in Buffalo. Buffalo Indiana that is. ;)

Just wondering who you're referring to about the corner cutting? As far as I'm aware as long a two wheels stay on the curb it's legal even if they are the outside wheels.

Just wondering who you're referring to about the corner cutting? As far as I'm aware as long a two wheels stay on the curb it's legal even if they are the outside wheels.
This would be correct, however, Some tracks you can take all wheels fully over the rumble strips and not incur a pentaly. I'm assuming, though I am not sure, that there are sections on this track like that.

Back