◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
If I had a dollar for every time I was in the wrong place at the wrong time tonight, I'd go out and buy me some Taco Bell

I was wondering what happened to you, saw you in a few strange places :yuck: Fortunately the luck thing seems to be passed around week to week :)

I'll take your word for it. I was so far off the pace, I couldn't even see the front.

Bet you won't take a couple of weeks off again ;) How did the new rig work out?

I wish we'd had more folks in D5; the racing looked clean, and the last two series were pretty close.

That's awesome, glad to hear things are working out, way to go D5 👍

Well, I had a slightly better week than last time....Spa saved my backside which was a bit of a surprise since I don't tend to be that great with high PP stuff so I did practice it the most :)

Nice tez 👍 Spa did not save any part of my anatomy, in fact ...

Division 5 pictures:

Thanks for the pics iceandspice, nicely done :)

I have get the flu directly after the 6e race , no kidding . In d2 it was awesome, maybe a little alien ... tup

That race at Suzuka was one of the most intense I've been a part of 👍 Right up there with chasing DrKronin at Madrid :)

index.php

Wow, real life picture, thanks pilmat 👍

How did the Corvette get voted off? That combo was briliant! Oh well, as long as we don't have to race at Spa again this week...

How did the Corvette get voted off? That combo was briliant! Oh well, as long as we don't have to race at Spa again this week...

I know, I loved the 'Vette at Suzuka and had a love/hate with the S2000 at Spa :lol:

Can't wait to see what we get to drive this week 👍

I really need help with Fuji. There is not a car that I can drive there. Any D1 guys willing to help me out and give me some pointers at Fuji? It would be greatly appreciated. Please send me a pm.

I have a bit of time to actually practice this week and I want to avoid repeating the disaster of last night. Wasn't fun.

Bet you won't take a couple of weeks off again ;) How did the new rig work out?

I don't think a little rust would account for the 2.5, 2, and 4.5 seconds I was off the pace. It's not like I had to learn the tracks again. I can say with certaintly that I did not catch up to and pass a single driver all night. I got around some guys when they collected penalties, but generally speaking, everyone drove away from me all night.

I don't think a little rust would account for the 2.5, 2, and 4.5 seconds I was off the pace. It's not like I had to learn the tracks again. I can say with certaintly that I did not catch up to and pass a single driver all night. I got around some guys when they collected penalties, but generally speaking, everyone drove away from me all night.

I hear you and I was just trying to poke a little fun, sorry.

So, how'd did the new rig work out, comfort-wise?

I hear you and I was just trying to poke a little fun, sorry.

So, how'd did the new rig work out, comfort-wise?

The rig was good. I haven't noticed the need for any structural improvements at this point. I just need to clean it up a little with the trim pieces and decorations for the black exterior.

My rig must be working out for me. I drove better last night than I have in a while, and I didn't get a single practice lap in before qualifying and still pulled out the win. I added a Buttkicker that my buddy gave me. It actually adds a lot to the experience! I also built a mount for my shifter so I'll be ready for Manual Monday/Gear Banger's Ball/Pokies and Grinders.

Also, any Snails going to Petit? Me and the wife are heading down Thursday morning. We'll be camping near the Esses.

spooble
My rig must be working out for me. I drove better last night than I have in a while, and I didn't get a single practice lap in before qualifying and still pulled out the win. I added a Buttkicker that my buddy gave me. It actually adds a lot to the experience! I also built a mount for my shifter so I'll be ready for Manual Monday/Gear Banger's Ball/Pokies and Grinders.

Also, any Snails going to Petit? Me and the wife are heading down Thursday morning. We'll be camping near the Esses.

So awesome! Congrats on the rig and toys. That buttkicker sure does add to the experience.

I really need help with Fuji. There is not a car that I can drive there. Any D1 guys willing to help me out and give me some pointers at Fuji? It would be greatly appreciated. Please send me a pm.

I have a bit of time to actually practice this week and I want to avoid repeating the disaster of last night. Wasn't fun.

Goat did pretty good lap times last night and I could not keep up pace with him (about 1.5 seconds off per lap). I need help with the 3rd sector which is where I lose about a 1 second. When I try to push it a little I end up having penalties. I however did ok pulling a 2nd place in the 1st race and a 7th on the 2nd; but can use improvement.

Anyone willing to host a coaching session would be awesome. 👍

Last edited:
Goat did pretty good lap times last night and I could not keep up pace with him (about 1.5 seconds off per lap). I need help with the 3rd sector which is where I lose about a 1 second. When I try to push it a little I end up having penalties. I however did ok pulling a 2nd place in the 1st race and a 7th on the 2nd; but can use improvement.

Anyone willing to host a coaching session would be awesome. 👍

I'll help you out. what time is good for you?

Yes, missing 2 weeks of racing hurts. I'm going to do my best to get an hour of wheel time every day this week. Gonna give that FGT seasonal tt another shot too.

Wolfsatz
The usual 10 EST time, usually I get online around 9:30. Thanks for the help!

I'll most likely be on and in D1 doing some gear banging tonight. Willing to help out where I can.

I may be out this weekend. I'm sending my wheel back to logitech for warranty work, and Im assuming that it will take a week at least to get a return shipment from them. Maybe I'll pull out the ol' Momo wheel.

I may be out this weekend. I'm sending my wheel back to logitech for warranty work, and Im assuming that it will take a week at least to get a return shipment from them. Maybe I'll pull out the ol' Momo wheel.
Just curious what went wrong with the wheel? Mine makes a distinct grinding/ratcheting noise sometimes (esp if on a dirt or snow track). I have had it for less than a year and do not remember if it has always done that or started more recently (as in post GT Academy).

I assume it has to still be within a specific time table of purchasing it in order to be able to send it back for warranty work. Is it a year? 2?

My G27 has been giving me problems lately. If I start losing the rear end of the car and turn the wheel in the opposite direction really fast to try and catch it, the wheel responds but will now be uncalibrated. So the rest of the race my wheel will be off center. I bought it back around Christmas of 2010.

They have a one year limited liability. I got mine in April of this year. And my issue is the same as yours Qwiet. It just started doing it about a month ago, and had some effect on two of my races last night. I think I read somewhere that there is a fix for it, something about widening the gaps in the reflector wheel, but I don't recall for certain and haven't found the info again.
Joby, my wheel is really noisy on dirt. Rattles and shakes like crazy. I think thats normal, as I have heard other people say the same.

Good racing per usual last night. Is there any chance we could move start times up an hour to 9pm EST / 6pm PST? 10pm (my usual bed-time!) is a late start and I'm dying by the time we finish lol.

Joby, my wheel is really noisy on dirt. Rattles and shakes like crazy. I think thats normal, as I have heard other people say the same.

Thats good to know. But it does make me tend to stay away from dirt/snow.

Good racing per usual last night. Is there any chance we could move start times up an hour to 9pm EST / 6pm PST? 10pm (my usual bed-time!) is a late start and I'm dying by the time we finish lol.

I'd say the possibilities of that are about a million to one. In fact, doing that would put me (and I imagine several others) out of the game.

Back