◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Sitting Sunday out sorry for the late post..

Hey guys! I'm out of town and it doesn't look like I'll be back before we finish tomorrow night. Good luck to everyone in D4, I'll see you next week.

Sorry to hear that guys, thanks for letting us know 👍

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get practice time in. Total of 3 hours this week so far and that includes Tuesday Stats racing. If I drive poorly tonight and become a problem for others I may have to consider retirement or move down in divisions. Breaking in last car today.

With the way you drive, I can't see you becoming a problem for others Joe 👍

zeromisfit999
that was my mistake haha, playing around gone wrong. I'm hope I can get my first win in d4 this week, if I do I think it's likely going to be at Fuji. If I can get the middle sections of Spa down who knows.

Yea after watching the race I would say I agree with you. I hope I can make it for the last few races:)

Just a quick heads up. I will be holding a make-up race at 12:30-2:30 EDT (9:30-11:30PST). If you were unable to make the main races and would like to run the combos simply head to D1 and we will give them a go.

I caught it at the 1:30 hour mark. It's nice to know that consuming energy drinks helps to fund the advancement of technology and push the limits of mankind.

Just did race online that the room was called: Clean or be kicked, i got rammed off 10 times in three laps, god does anyone online know what clean means :banghead:

dangerzone641
Just did race online that the room was called: Clean or be kicked, i got rammed off 10 times in three laps, god does anyone online know what clean means :banghead:

Maybe the word clean was about to pass your cars in the carwash.

Sorry for being out of the loop this weekend. I'm out of town and it's been hectic. Going to try to take a nap and then drive home in time for the races. I'll also be replying to quite a few PM's so if you're waiting on a reply from me, please don't think I'm ignoringing you or anything like that. :)

Sure. But a room name statement like that should probably be the first indicator that it will be anything but.

Sure. But a room name statement like that should probably be the first indicator that it will be anything but.

Nah, I've raced in some pretty decent open rooms with names like that before I joined SNAIL. The key was to find a room that was hosted consistently by the same group of clean guys. Of course now I have you guys to race with, so I don't have to surf the open lobbies anymore 👍

100% true. If it says clean, than that just means don't drive backwards, at least try and stop for corners... maybe. Everything else is fair game.
My only way to find clean rooms is to look for people I know.
EDIR: And look out for people using RS tires on a 380PP car with SRF, that's never a good sign.

Last edited:

I didn't even try to find online rooms, I just came to this site on the back of a friend telling me about it and started searching for a club that didn't involve any tuning :lol:

I kinda did the same. At first I tried open lobbies. But I got frustrated with "clean" racing, so I then would to seasonals to get my race fix and just drifted and free ran online lobbies. After drifting for a few months I started looking for forums, and found this place. Did some tuning competitions, which sucked, cause it was strictly time trial stuff. Then I stumbled upon this thread, which at the time was 2 divisions big and the name meant something else. the I was at that time, intermediate. Which at the time, and still, felt thats what my skill level was at. No tuning, just hop in and go. Turn key if you will. Its great to have evolved with this club. I know I'm 100% better at racing. And its due to my time spent in snail. Unfortunately, that means my racing standards are exceptionally high now. So I cant stand to be in an even remotely dirty room.

Yeah, SNAIL and organizations like PURE will utterly spoil you for other, less than clean, online racing. I can say I've never "surfed" through the online lobbies looking for a racing fix. And, after some of the random joins during hosting of open practice rooms and getting first hand experience with typical manners, pretty much swore I never would.

Got running in a couple PURE series last winter for my first online racing experiences, got hooked up in one of those with Owens and he pointed me here. The level of organization of this league still astounds me.

Yeah, SNAIL and organizations like PURE will utterly spoil you for other, less than clean, online racing. I can say I've never "surfed" through the online lobbies looking for a racing fix. And, after some of the random joins during hosting of open practice rooms and getting first hand experience with typical manners, pretty much swore I never would.

Got running in a couple PURE series last winter for my first online racing experiences, got hooked up in one of those with Owens and he pointed me here. The level of organization of this league still astounds me.
You started in the integra championship right?

Don't know if I mentioned it already, but I won't be racing this evening. I'm on my way home from freezing my buns off at Watkins Glen. We had a good weekend though :) Fellow SNAIL SGPracing finished 10th in his Formula 2000 debut!

I would like to point out that, given FRR's recent treatment of Regan Smith, I am somewhat embarassed to carry the number 78 here in SNAIL

Not that I plan to change of course, but seriously, screw those guys.

Back