◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I feel fuji is proving a bit hard to figure out. I just don't seem to be able to get through a few of the turns well:(

Wolfsatz
Agree; I've been wanting to race cars from the OCD. What else is there worth racing with?

The 2000GT, the '68 Fairlady, the 2000GT-R 70 or 73?, there are some nice ones.

I like the Spa combo this week, but I do not have a handle on it yet. Fuji really has my number in the middle sections and the last 2-3 turns.

<< yeah, not the '73... >>

Last edited:
Handlebar
The 2000GT, the '68 Fairlady, the 2000GT-R 70 or 73?, there are some nice ones.

I like the Spa combo this week, but I do not have a handle on it yet. Fuji really has my number in the middle sections and the last 2-3 turns.

Agreed on the cars accept maybe not the 73. It's a bit fugly. But I guess that should not matter.

Spa and the S2000 are great. Fuji and the Camaro not so much. I need to see a fast lap to get a better idea where I am losing time.

jobyone
Agreed on the cars accept maybe not the 73. It's a bit fugly. But I guess that should not matter.

Spa and the S2000 are great. Fuji and the Camaro not so much. I need to see a fast lap to get a better idea where I am losing time.

I'll be on before the race. Prob around 8:30pm EST. I'd like to think I've got the track down well so willing to lead you around and watch some laps.

Just turned some laps around Spa in the S2000 for the first time. That car is freaking epic. A little loose under braking (I realize I could fix that with BB adjustments, but I don't roll that way), but otherwise near perfet handling. I was expecting gobs of oversteer but I guess that big wing does its job!

Edit: If anyone is going to be in d1 practicing in a little bit I'll join you

OwensRacing
I'll be on before the race. Prob around 8:30pm EST. I'd like to think I've got the track down well so willing to lead you around and watch some laps.

I appreciate that. I am not sure I will be around but if I am I will take you up on that.

dangerzone641
Anyone got times from either D4 or D5 that i should be aiming for?

I think it is safe to say you will be fast. I have dropped in to the 2:15's at spa but only 1:38 at fuji. I need more practice there. I can not remember my Suzuka times but you can look at the results sheet for last weeks times for the divisions.

I appreciate that. I am not sure I will be around but if I am I will take you up on that.

I'm running about 2:16-17 at spa, roughly 1:37-1:38 at fuji, and my suzuka time I am not sure of, but when I raced it the other night I think it was bad, in the :31's

Just turned some laps around Spa in the S2000 for the first time. That car is freaking epic. A little loose under braking (I realize I could fix that with BB adjustments, but I don't roll that way), but otherwise near perfet handling. I was expecting gobs of oversteer but I guess that big wing does its job!

Yeah. I ran the S2000 at Spa for the first time just this morning. It's almost too fun to drive. I ran 15 laps and spent so much time just having fun sliding around corners and power-oversteering that I only had one or two fairly clean laps through the whole session.

I don't care if I take last in both of the races there, I'm not voting 3 this week.

Hi guys, any chance of joining you guys, tomorrow night, just to see how SNAIL runs?

Hey MrMelancholy15,

You bet, just run the time trial and GTPlanet pm me your time. Doesn't have to be an absolute perfect lap, just a good one :) After that I'll get you set up in the Division that will give you the closest racing 👍

Please read the following:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The first post has all the rules and regulations for S.N.A.I.L. It is the first place you need to check if you have a question. If it's not answered there, feel free to post your question on the thread.

The second post has the current race lineup for Sunday and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Thanks cheeb. I've just gotten a G27, and, while I'm still spinning, I know that I can at least control that silly RX-7 now. :lol: I'll send you the PM once I'm done racing with the GTMSA boys.

Thanks cheeb. I've just gotten a G27, and, while I'm still spinning, I know that I can at least control that silly RX-7 now. :lol: I'll send you the PM once I'm done racing with the GTMSA boys.

No problem, new wheel or new to a wheel?

I'll keep an eye out 👍

No problem, new wheel or new to a wheel?

I'll keep an eye out 👍

Both, and good idea.

Also, since we're doing quali bracket racing, I think I'll try the G27 H-pattern. :) I mean, if I used it in a WMA event, I'd be last. Sequential or go home, there, but, not with you guys. 👍

Back