◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
jobyone
Maybe we should come up with the S.N.A.I.L. top ten suggestions for learning how to drive better with the wheel:

1. The Jackie Stewart Approach. Drive a course at 30mph for one lap then 40 on the next then 50 and so on. And never get on the gas till you know that you will not need to lift off.

How about not over driving the car or forcing it, which actually winds up being slower in most situations. Utilize all of the track. D1 will chime in with trail braking which is something I need to practice. Hmm

S.N.A.I.L. Top Ten:
•Tips for learning how to improve your driving with a wheel

1. The Jackie Stewart Approach. Drive a course at 30mph for one lap then 40 on the next then 50 and so on. And never get on the gas till you know that you will not need to lift off.
2. Redo license test till you (almost)gold them with wheel.
3. Inquire if an alien will come watch you run laps and offer tips.
4. Ensure proper ergonomics. Exp. Hand placement on wheel and seating position

Add to this if it goes over ten. Oh well we can weed out the top ten then. ;)

S.N.A.I.L. Top Ten:
Tips for learning how to improve your driving with a wheel

5. Get in to a race with alien, save replay, study replay until eyes bleed. Study replay more. Go practice doing it how alien did it.

5. Get in to a race with alien, save replay, study replay until eyes bleed. Study replay more. Go practice doing it how alien did it.
6. Master the Nurb! Practice Practice Practice makes perfect!

Do anyone need a Camaro SS RM?

S.N.A.I.L. Top Ten:

6. Master the Nürburgring. Practice Practice Practice makes perfect!
7. Once you're comfortable with a corner, work on reducing the amount of steering input on subsequent laps.

Edit: Speaking of Jackie Stewart, he even made James May (Capt. Slow) fast:

S.N.A.I.L. Top Ten:

6. Master the Nürburgring. Practice Practice Practice makes perfect!
7. Once you're comfortable with a corner, work on reducing the amount of steering input on subsequent laps.
8. You won't like this, but I started from scratch. That's right; a brand new save. When you're forced to run the cheap cars and work your way up you can't cheat and you'll figure out the wheel in no time. (I was SNAILing within a week of getting the wheel with this approach, and felt no slower than with the controller.)

To elaborate on wolfs addition. Try going through the game with no tuning. Forcing yourself to adjust to the handling of all different cars greatly improved my driving. I'm still an amateur but my lap time since joining snail with the time trial is almost four seconds faster than it was when I joined just over a month and a half ago

To elaborate on wolfs addition. Try going through the game with no tuning. Forcing yourself to adjust to the handling of all different cars greatly improved my driving. I'm still an amateur but my lap time since joining snail with the time trial is almost four seconds faster than it was when I joined just over a month and a half ago

Nice! Thanks for posting that zer0misfit. Just shows to go ya :)

*S.N.A.I.L. Top Ten:**
"Tips for learning how to improve your driving with a wheel"

2. Redo license test till you (almost)gold them with wheel.*
3. Inquire if an alien will come watch you run laps and offer tips.*
4. Ensure proper ergonomics. Exp. Hand placement on wheel and seating position*
6. Master the Nürburgring. Practice Practice Practice makes perfect!*
7. Once you're comfortable with a corner, work on reducing the amount of steering input on subsequent laps.*
8. You won't like this, but I started from scratch. That's right; a brand new save. When you're forced to run the cheap cars and work your way up you can't cheat and you'll figure out the wheel in no time. (I was SNAILing within a week of getting the wheel with this approach, and felt no slower than with the controller.)
9. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. Slow down, make smooth movements, and when making corrections, make them small smooth movements.

I actually did the same thing. It was so effective that I just recently started a 3rd save to work on what I've learned since joining this league. Great suggestion, Ap.

if you guys are interested, we've made a few purchases since I was last on. we bought a 04 F360 so we can sell a "Ferrari experience" we also got the only mclaren mp4-12c in Lamborghini green. my boss let me have the 360 for the day and you can imagine how many double takes I got with a car seat in a 360 spider :)
17C35A4A-0F21-4361-B49E-4BD5CAF67EC9-9802-00000868CCBDA8AD.jpg

508E862C-EF3E-48E4-A12C-DE4E22907937-9802-00000868C1421419.jpg

8F840269-C786-4BF0-8B0E-7221F6731AF4-9802-0000086881DC3EBF.jpg

1A2AA93C-C602-4847-854D-DFD605027C77-4339-000003A2C0D7CE18.jpg

Pretty cool! Not a huge fan of the Mclaren, some cars look good painted in other manufactures colors. To me that just doesn't look right in that color.

On another note is anyone interested in a track day a Spa?

Room Name: Track Day, No X1
Room # 1472 - 6118 - 3615 - 5263 - 4823

ImToLegitToQuit
if you guys are interested, we've made a few purchases since I was last on. we bought a 04 F360 so we can sell a "Ferrari experience" we also got the only mclaren mp4-12c in Lamborghini green. my boss let me have the 360 for the day and you can imagine how many double takes I got with a car seat in a 360 spider :)

That's pretty awesome man! Ferrari for the day is gotta be one of your best days. Next to marrying your wife. Right. ;)

Like that Lime Green. Needs black wheels. :)

Also seen this a few weeks ago at the drag strip-

B4B815CD-B8BF-4C9B-AC54-224E2283A4E9-4159-000003CB015A53E3.jpg

Sorry it was very dark

2. Redo license test till you (almost)gold them with wheel.*
3. Inquire if an alien will come watch you run laps and offer tips.*
4. Ensure proper ergonomics. Exp. Hand placement on wheel and seating position*
6. Master the Nürburgring. Practice Practice Practice makes perfect!*
7. Once you're comfortable with a corner, work on reducing the amount of steering input on subsequent laps.*
9. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. Slow down, make smooth movements, and when making corrections, make them small smooth movements.
10. Learn to steer by using the throttle

Thought about doing a teaching room. I also recorded one of the races from practice the other night on my GoPro and thought about uploading it here. Might help some of you guys on the difficult Fuji track. That third sector is a beyatch until you get it figured out lol.

10. Learn to steer by using the throttle

Thought about doing a teaching room. I also recorded one of the races from practice the other night on my GoPro and thought about uploading it here. Might help some of you guys on the difficult Fuji track. That third sector is a beyatch until you get it figured out lol.

If you do the teaching room I am more than interested in participating; I think it is a great idea! 👍

Also seems odd but adding a bit of exercise to your week. Focus in sit up crunchs and other core strengthening.

This will ensure you have the power in reserve for a night of sawing at the wheel. ;)

Stretch out. Do so before every session. This is a must for my old(er) bones.

Wolfsatz
Agree; I've been wanting to race cars from the OCD. What else is there worth racing with?

Most of the other cars are Japanese classics with pp's well under 400. I think they could be a lot of fun but I am probably in the minority on that.

Most of the other cars are Japanese classics with pp's well under 400. I think they could be a lot of fun but I am probably in the minority on that.

Not at all, I like driving classic low pp cars. Although, in races you tend to get a conga line going :lol:

I love racing low pp classics too. I think it makes for tighter, closer racing. We've been nothing but high pp and race cars for the past few months too. It would make for a nice change, especially on the smaller tracks that don't get raced.

Back