◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Actually the group I was a part of before used to run an event called Slow Mo Mondays. It was a very low PP event. Sometimes it was one make, sometimes it was open, but instead of basing it on PP, we used hp and weight restrictions. It produced REALLY good racing and because the cars are so slow, it was extremely close door to door racing with close finishes.

GumballCGT
Speaking of green...1 of 3

speaking of green...here's what happen to one of our gallardos when some one hit a tree doing 140mph. the back end was about 1/8th mile down the road from the front end.
Photo0301.jpg

Actually the group I was a part of before used to run an event called Slow Mo Mondays. It was a very low PP event. Sometimes it was one make, sometimes it was open, but instead of basing it on PP, we used hp and weight restrictions. It produced REALLY good racing and because the cars are so slow, it was extremely close door to door racing with close finishes.
If everyone lets me win in D4 I promise to pick a slow car from the OCD;)

This actually might be a good series to run on Mondays, something like, a snails pace manual Monday. I'll have to check out the events calendar, but I think that's really the only day left huh.

Is that a nitrous bottle in front of it??:nervous:

That is indeed, and looks too be in only slightly better condition then the car. If we lived in the fastband furious world, that would have blown up the whole car alone.

This actually might be a good series to run on Mondays, something like, a snails pace manual Monday. I'll have to check out the events calendar, but I think that's really the only day left huh.

Monday Expert Mode - Clutch and shifter, no HUD, no assists. Low PP to start so it's not too much of a charlie-foxtrot.

Just out of shear curiosity, why would someone "prize fix"?

To choose a low pp car.

That's one way of putting it. :)

Long story short, it wasn't always possible for drivers in any division to pick the car and track combos. We used to only allow the top three finishers from Division 1 to select Prize A, B, and C. Therefore, only a select few drivers had any chance to pick the new car and track combos each week. Eventually (back in March) this led to some discussion/complaints that this wasn't fair for the rest of the league.

In other words, some drivers in the lower divisions felt like they were being force-fed combos that were only enjoyable to alien-like drivers and there was nothing they could do about it. This, in part, eventually led to us changing the prize structure so that drivers in every division would be eligible for prize selection. Unfortunately, there were a couple of D1 drivers who weren't happy about that because they felt that only drivers on their level had the proper racing background to pick good combos.

So there you have it. That's why I made that post warning against "prize fixing". I didn't want anyone to get the idea that they could help their friends (with the same taste in cars and tracks) secure Prize A or Prize B. I knew then and I know now that it would most likely never happen, but I just wanted to lay the groundwork for the penalty if it ever did. I felt it was better to proactive about it in order to help prevent it from happening in the first place. 👍

Last edited:
Hey guys I probably won't be racing in SNAIL for a while due to being busy with school and other real life stuff. I will post here again when I think my schedule clears up. I'm not exactly sure when that will be but when it happens I will be here :)

Hey guys I probably won't be racing in SNAIL for a while due to being busy with school and other real life stuff. I will post here again when I think my schedule clears up. I'm not exactly sure when that will be but when it happens I will be here :)

Bummer for us and for you by the sounds of things :lol:

Take care of the important stuff first 👍

Thanks for letting us know, appreciated.

There's a snail on the patio outside my apartment....which one of you decided to drop in and visit me without calling first? :lol:

There's a snail on the patio outside my apartment....which one of you decided to drop in and visit me without calling first? :lol:

That might have been me! Still trying to finish that last lap at Spa from last weekend!! (I knew I should have made that left turn in Albuquerque!!)

Again, thanks for all the great advice on helping get my driving sorted out! Lot's of great ideas and most have been incorporated into the regimen! One that wasn't mentioned that seems to help with getting used the wheel is taking a mid PP, FR car out in the snow or dirt. It is the one exercise that has helped me learn how to recover when I get all squirrely!

And I started a new save and running it strictly within the SNAIL guidelines, and man, what a blast!!

Last edited:
Again, thanks for all the great advice on helping get my driving sorted out! Lot's of great ideas and most have been incorporated into the regimen! One that wasn't mentioned that seems to help with getting used the wheel is taking a mid PP, FR car out in the snow or dirt. It is the one exercise that has helped me learn how to recover when I get all squirrely!

I have a snow oval and a dirt oval...both around 1.5 miles if you wanted to take a spin around either of those :)

Wolfsatz
Anyone up to do some casual races around Nurburing with this weeks car line up?

Having dinner with the in-laws otherwise I would be there. Later tonight for sure:)

That's pretty awesome man! Ferrari for the day is gotta be one of your best days. Next to marrying your wife. Right. ;)

Like that Lime Green. Needs black wheels. :)

Heretic!

Chrome Metallic Orange!

Of course, when you ask me to race for it... (run for the hills!)

Back