◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Both, and good idea.

Also, since we're doing quali bracket racing, I think I'll try the G27 H-pattern. :) I mean, if I used it in a WMA event, I'd be last. Sequential or go home, there, but, not with you guys. 👍

The qualification lap is to determine which division you'll race in, that is all. We want all S.N.A.I.L.s racing drivers of similar skill. Keeps things interesting 👍

If you want to use an H-Gate shifter go right ahead, but use it in the races tomorrow, too. If you switch for or during the races, it wont be any fun for you or the other drivers, if you're that much faster with the sequential shifter.

By the way, without knowing your pace, you can start in a division that will require you to use the sequential shifter ;)

I just tested. Not only do GT5's ridiculous H-pattern physics put me into Neutral on every downshift, but, (and this is entirely my fault) I lift off of the brake while heel-toe downshifting. I'm horribly inconsistent with braking points with H-pattern, and my best H-Pattern lap was 2.4 seconds slower than my average sequential. :lol: This will be good practice, I imagine.

Im a big fan of the spa/gt1 combo as well. I've driven the amuse tuned s2000 a lot prior to snail though, back when I was big into doing tuning competitions on the forum. The car really is fantastic to drive. even when it gets a little loose, it doesnt snap out of control.

Interesting what pops into your head in the middle of the night... I may be late to the party with this one but I found that the "stick" shifter on the DFGT wasn't ever really going to get used so I mapped it to handle reverse and e-brake duties... My rear tires are never gonna be the same!!

Interesting what pops into your head in the middle of the night... I may be late to the party with this one but I found that the "stick" shifter on the DFGT wasn't ever really going to get used so I mapped it to handle reverse and e-brake duties... My rear tires are never gonna be the same!!

👍

When I was using the DFGT a friend suggested it to me, after I asked him where reverse was, lol. It's super intuitive too!

👍

When I was using the DFGT a friend suggested it to me, after I asked him where reverse was, lol. It's super intuitive too!

Ya, the tri-squa-circlex button be mighty hard to keep track of when I'm flailing about in the weeds!

I've never used a DFGT, so out of curiosity, if you aren't using the shifter, how do you shift? I was under the impression that those don't have paddle shifters.

I've never used a DFGT, so out of curiosity, if you aren't using the shifter, how do you shift? I was under the impression that those don't have paddle shifters.

There are a couple of buttons on the backside of the wheel that are for paddling. They aren't real big like you would think but pretty sanitary...

There are a couple of buttons on the backside of the wheel that are for paddling. They aren't real big like you would think but pretty sanitary...

Aah. Makes sense. Knowing that, I'm tempted to get a used DFGT for when I have company over and don't want to end up using the DS3. Gotta buy the ladyfriend something first so I don't get "the look" though ;)

I guess I'll be racing with Exo tomorrow. While I'm setting up iRacing, and moving my G27 across the room, towards the computer, or figuring that out, I'll run the endurance races, to break the cars in.

Nice practice tonight. Gamble you look really quick on fuji:) i just can't get that combo. I am still stewing about spa;) I think I might have hit a sub 2:15 if I had not screwed up when I saw you in my mirror:)

that was my mistake haha, playing around gone wrong. I'm hope I can get my first win in d4 this week, if I do I think it's likely going to be at Fuji. If I can get the middle sections of Spa down who knows.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get practice time in. Total of 3 hours this week so far and that includes Tuesday Stats racing. If I drive poorly tonight and become a problem for others I may have to consider retirement or move down in divisions. Breaking in last car today.

Oshawa-Joe
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get practice time in. Total of 3 hours this week so far and that includes Tuesday Stats racing. If I drive poorly tonight and become a problem for others I may have to consider retirement or move down in divisions. Breaking in last car today.

I got 'em broken in, but I feel your pain, Joe.

I do not have anywhere to move down to... Gulp!

Handlebar
I got 'em broken in, but I feel your pain, Joe.

I do not have anywhere to move down to... Gulp!

Today isn't looking much better. Taking one of my boys to hockey in an hour and then try to get an hours practice. BOB should get a raise for helping me out.; or maybe a new race suit.

Not being an alien I find that a couple extra hours of practice makes a huge difference in lap times and consistency.

Back