◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
For the record I said it several times in chat that two people were nose to tail in front of me. I even did a mic check to make sure everyone heard me. Crash and Cheeb will verify I talked about the issue a few times last night.

Last edited:
For the record I said it several times in chat that two people were nose to tail in front of me. I even did a mic check to make sure everyone heard me. Crash and Cheeb will verify I talked about the issue a few times last night.

Yes you did 👍 And before every qualifying session I tell everyone to spread out and leave enough room ... word

And when folks don't show up en masse, or there is a dip, would you like a field of 3? How many directors would show up each week?

That's a large number of committed bodies if we went to something like 9 or 10 divisions to meet that hypothetical goal of 6-8, and there is an assumption that the drivers will read where they need to be, and be there in the correct numbers for enough racers.

That's not an easy task to pull off in a once-a-week, free, fun, recreational racing league. Creating penalties for not-showing up would negatively affect the goal of higher participation and fun. I'd stick with the 'as is' on this, personally.

I agree with that And i even thought about it. But if there is a race like the first one with the Elise & 15 racers. Then I will leave. I think we all do this for the fun and that car (with hard tyres) is just no fun. That is just my opinion. I think this is a good league and really enjoy racing in it. The Friday night endurance is my favorite...

Overall pretty good racing in D2 tonight, Cape Ring was a test, had a blast at Eiger, a really fun drive and Fuji and I seem to get along, mostly ;)

Feeling bad for qwiet, he had more connection issues tonight and in an effort to keep things moving along, he just missed a couple of races. My apologies again qwiet. Hopefully next week is better 👍

Thanks kcheeb. I wasn't looking forward to Eiger at all but was sorta looking forward to Cape Ring and unfortunately I didn't run either race at Cape Ring.

I have been racing online since the game was released and have never ever had connection issues. We recently moved into a new house and the network was fine up until a couple of weeks ago. I'm trying to determine whether its our ISP or if it's PSN having issues.

Either way I contacted Comcast last night and screamed on the guy because I initially thought they were throttling our account.

As far as qualifying, I do believe drafting during qualifying CAN have an outcome on the final division standings. Did it last night? I'm the last person to answer that because half of the races I wasn't even able to connect to. But I don't think it's something that needs tweaking. Awareness needs to come in to play. If I'm leaving the pits the same time I see someone going into turn 1 on a hot lap. I already have my brake pedal depressed so when the car comes out of the pits I stop and let them pass. I then run at 50% throttle until they are far enough ahead that they won't affect my lap.

I have run up on a car coming off the last corner at Fuji during qualifying and I just moved 3 lanes to the inside so I would not get any draft. I could have gotten an advantage down that long straight, but it just brings me closer to that car in the corners. If he misses a corner and I'm spot on, it affects my lap. So I take my chances keeping my distance rather than using the draft on the straights. If a driver is purposely hanging back and using your draft, brake check him.

I'll jump on the Don't Get Rid Of, Or Shorten, Qualifying wagon. That 10 minutes per combo is usually my only practice time.

I'll jump on the Don't Get Rid Of, Or Shorten, Qualifying wagon. That 10 minutes per combo is usually my only practice time.

Hopefully there are a few more open seats on that wagon. During the week I can sometimes find time to practice with a DS3. It lets me get somewhat familiar with the new Sunday lineup, but I mainly use a wheel. So that 10 minutes, is like a short practice session.

I really liked how we split rooms into two groups for qualifying and limited it to two hot laps. Those not currently on track can watch those that are, and enforce track boundaries, distance between racers, and any other supervising.

Getting rid of the second and third qualifying sessions would also ruin our fancy Perfect 100 Points System. I don't remember who came up with the idea, but I'd like to thank them. This system works with both small and large numbers of racers, and allows for easy comparison of performance from week to week.

Like Zer0 said, the directors in each division need to be broken records about getting people to space out, and maintain a reasonable gap.

JoeW

Yea! I did hear you say that!
My issue is that even if kcheeb or myself tell everyone to leave room between others it sometimes falls on deaf ears.
To eliminate these issues should faster drivers go out first? But who knows who the faster driver is on that particular track?
It is very unfortunate that we have these issues over a very simple thing.
Now we have to make a race complaint over qualifying? I think the stewards have enough on their plate right now over normal race complaints during a normal race that they can actually see replays of!
Guys, can we just qualify the right way instead of drafting off each other just to make that extra hundreds of a second?
I know that people were drafting off each other last night. All you have to do is look at the map and you can see people running close to each other. Why? Do you really need to have the pole that bad?

Yea! I did hear you say that!
My issue is that even if kcheeb or myself tell everyone to leave room between others it sometimes falls on deaf ears.
To eliminate these issues should faster drivers go out first? But who knows who the faster driver is on that particular track?
It is very unfortunate that we have these issues over a very simple thing.
Now we have to make a race complaint over qualifying? I think the stewards have enough on their plate right now over normal race complaints during a normal race that they can actually see replays of!
Guys, can we just qualify the right way instead of drafting off each other just to make that extra hundreds of a second?
I know that people were drafting off each other last night. All you have to do is look at the map and you can see people running close to each other. Why? Do you really need to have the pole that bad?

If we knew ahead of time who the faster drivers would be that would help tremendously. However, we don't, which is what worries me about zero's statement that if you catch someone it's always YOUR fault for not leaving enough of a gap. How can you possibly guess exactly how much you're going to gain on someone per lap, even without the variables of offs and penalties.

For instance, i found myself catching up to a certain driver on my first hot lap at fuji, so i backed of to give him more of a gap. He then proceded to get a penalty in the last sector, closing things up to the point that I may have caught the very back of his slipstream. Is that my fault?

I think people just need to use common sense here. Don't team up with other drivers to draft, don't intentionally hold up and block or try to intimidate other drivers by riding their bumper. If you see someone doing any of these things, call them out. If you find yourself in an akward position because someone else screwed up, do what you can to keep from gaining an unfair advantage. But ultimately don't sweat it, because it's not where you start, it's where you finish.

If we could mandate that everyone in SNAIL read and understand the general directions then we wouldn't have these problems. Alas, it's the internet and people are lazy.

Apmaddock
If we could mandate that everyone in SNAIL read and understand the general directions then we wouldn't have these problems. Alas, it's the internet and people are lazy.

The Master of Tact & Diplomacy has spoken. (Not that he is wrong, or anything...)

Guys, roughly when will we know the schedule for this Sunday's races? I understand that two of the rounds are changing, so I'm just curious as to how long those decisions usually take.

Thanks!

Guys, roughly when will we know the schedule for this Sunday's races? I understand that two of the rounds are changing, so I'm just curious as to how long those decisions usually take.

Thanks!

End of window to file complaints: 10pm Monday
(Hopeful) finishing reviewing of said complaints... Tues, similar time.

A large number of complaints, or limited steward availability may alter this. That, and technical issues, from time to time. But if there are no complaints against the winners, then after Monday eve, usually.

Watch for an announcement, usually from APMaddock, or Zer05ive, on that topic. :-)

End of window to file complaints: 10pm Monday
(Hopeful) finishing reviewing of said complaints... Tues, similar time.

A large number of complaints, or limited steward availability may alter this. That, and technical issues, from time to time. But if there are no complaints against the winners, then after Monday eve, usually.

Watch for an announcement, usually from APMaddock, or Zer05ive, on that topic. :-)

Roger that. 👍

AP1 Driver
Roger that. 👍

The second post has the past combos and is updated with the new choices when they're made. Sometimes this thread moves quickly and things get buried :)

Here are pictures from DIVISION 3. First attempt on photography. Hope you will like it and ENJOY.

I did this wrong. I'll posted later.

Last edited:
How do you display pictures? Attaching a Zip file?

Here are pictures from DIVISION 3. First attempt on photography. Hope you will like it and ENJOY.

That's one way to do it I suppose. What you should be doing is uploading the images to a hosting site like imgur, flickr, or photobucket and then you can click the image button above the text entry field. It will prompt you for the web address of the image and all you have to do it copy and paste it.

Latest Posts

Back