◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Hi fellow SNAILS. If you're looking for a fun series to run on Tuesday nights come check out the STATS series. Ultra competitive and lots of fun. Last night we had a four way tie for 2nd for the night and the winner won by a point. This is a picture of lap 5 of the previous weeks race. We had only 8 drivers in the field.
NuumlrburgringGP_D_zps067f8f6f.jpg

Looking for Drivers and Tuners. Would like to get 8 teams and 16 drivers this season. Here's the link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7744112&posted=1#post7744112

My Grandfather used to say that everyone that drives faster than him was an idiot and everyone who drove slower than him was stupid.

I can't believe that all SNAILS are as big 'an idiot' (as described above) as my driving is making them out to be, especially in London. Shockingly, there will be almost no stupid people on the grid in D5 Sunday... except me. I'll try to dip in tonight for a bit if possible.

The practice rooms are officially open! If you're assigned to Division 1 or Division 2 (or you placed in the top 5 of Division 3 this past Sunday) please join the BLUE ROOM:

1472-6399-8451-1923-1835

Everyone else, please join the RED ROOM:

1472-6118-4259-7709-4573

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 2

Drgreenthumb977 / Drrgreenthumb67
  • Level 2 - 6 points
  • Qualifying Rules Violation - Level 3 - 10 points
  • Total: 16 points and five week probation

albteman015 / albtifosi
  • Level 1 - 1 point
  • Level 1 - 2 points
  • Total: 3 points and two week probation

AG07WRXTR / AG07WRXTR
  • Level 2 - 5 points halved to 3 for concession. Two week probation

Oshawa-Joe
  • Qualifying Rules Violation - Level 3 - 10 points and three week probation

Division 3

moutonguerrier / Maxime0911
  • Level 1 - 3 points
  • Level 2 - 7 points
  • Level 2 - 7 points
  • Level 4 - 14 points
  • Total 31 points - doubled due to probation to represent a night's disqualification. Six week probation remains.

tezgm99 / tezgm99
  • Level 2 - 7 points. No probation time because this was caused by a network glitch.

These changes affect the final standings.

Full final results can be found here.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Last edited:
zer05ive
Honda Beat FTW! If I win Prize A, I'm putting it back on Space Kart! :lol:

(don't worry guys, my chances of winning Prize A this Sunday are slim to none :sly:)

There is always the Autozam or the Copenhagen Active Top... Or the '08 Fiat if you like em bite-sized. They are fun lil' cars.

Lots of Rally and Race Cars, and under $5 million in the OCD, this week. :scared:

Handlebar
There is always the Autozam or the Copenhagen Active Top... Or the '08 Fiat if you like em bite-sized. They are fun lil' cars.

Lots of Rally and Race Cars, and under $5 million in the OCD, this week. :scared:

Time to do some seasonal events to get the bank funds up!

Practice last night was a blast!

Division 3

• Level 1 - 3 points
  • Level 2 - 7 points
  • Level 2 - 7 points
  • Level 4 - 14 points
  • Total 31 points - doubled due to probation to represent a night's disqualification. Six week probation remains.
I imagine him in front of a steward panel with Donald Trump in the middle. Trump would say: "After a so poor racemanship you push it at a rudeness point that you said to one of our fellow members he's GAY?!" Well, then we would hear Trump gives his famous call… "YOU'RE FIRED!" :grumpy:

Of course it's just my imagination... 👎

May be I wouldn't post this message. Probably the member pointed by this unrespectfull behavior haven't been offend but what is the main difference between this league and all others experiments with online racing? Respect and friendship. So I felt I have to mention it. :confused:

Division 2

Drgreenthumb977 / Drrgreenthumb67
  • Level 2 - 6 points
  • Qualifying Rules Violation - Level 3 - 10 points
  • Total: 16 points and five week probation

albteman015 / albtifosi
  • Level 1 - 1 point
  • Level 1 - 2 points
  • Total: 3 points and two week probation

AG07WRXTR / AG07WRXTR
  • Level 2 - 5 points halved to 3 for concession. Two week probation

Division 3

• Level 1 - 3 points
  • Level 2 - 7 points
  • Level 2 - 7 points
  • Level 4 - 14 points

tezgm99 / tezgm99
  • Level 2 - 7 points and two weeks probation

These changes affect the final standings.

Full final results can be found here.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Congrats to Div 1, 4 and 5 for not being in this list; I'd like to think that it is because of good race craft! 👍👍

Oh-oh... Just ran a few laps in the Volvo, it is quite fun to drive :) But after working on iRacing for a week (work related, don't I have a great job!:D), I can't drive bumper-cam any more :nervous: It was soooooo weird and I was bashing armco everywhere :dopey: Switched to in-car and it felt great :confused: I've never liked in-car before!

What times are D2 guys doing around London? I got down to mid 1'02 in a dozen laps, but am not sure how much more I can find. Any times for Autumn Ring would be appreciated too, but I have't tried the Elise around there yet.

:cheers:

Last edited:
My best lap yesterday at London was mid 1.02; but 1.01s are possible for those from extra-terrestial origin.

I think we were running around 1:24 5s during the racing at Autumn Ring.

My best lap yesterday at London was mid 1.02; but 1.01s are possible for those from extra-terrestial origin.

Was there any special instructions for entering the track? As there is no pit, I was wondering how that went.

Was there any special instructions for entering the track? As there is no pit, I was wondering how that went.

Only half the room enter the track, and waited right after the last corner; one would go count to about 8 to 10 and then another one would go. Once the 1st round finished 4 laps, they would all park on the inside corner of the long left curve; then the 2nd group entered the track and followed the same procedure. it works well if everybody follows directions; of course, there is always one ignoring them. 👎

We did the counting at Fuji as well, but counting to 10 is too long, as I was the first one to go, by the time I was go begin hot lap there were still some about to launch; but much better than last Sunday qualifying. I like doing it this way. I think the count should be 7 or 8 secs. max.

Last edited:
Only half the room enter the track, and waited right after the last corner; one would go count to about 8 to 10 and then another one would go. Once the 1st round finished 4 laps, they would all park on the inside corner of the long left curve; then the 2nd group entered the track and followed the same procedure. it works well if everybody follows directions; of course, there is always one ignoring them. 👎

We did the counting at Fuji as well, but counting to 10 is too long, as I was the first one to go, by the time I was go begin hot lap there were still some about to launch; but much better than last Sunday qualifying. I like doing it this way. I think the count should be 7 or 8 secs. max.

Sounds good 👍 I'm liking the counting way, not a big difference but subtle and effective :)

Can we get a link to this procedure on post 2 of the thread (beside the track)? That way it is apparent that we have a slightly tweaked procedure this week.

I couldn't make it to practice in time last night and ended up doing laps on my own at London -R. I'm seriously :confused: on this track I guess as I can barely break into 1:03s. Had to use BB of 1/10 to turn the car :dopey:. Going to need more testing.

Theace37
That OCD looks like a racers dream!
Plus his crappy reality car...

Already spent 10million. LoL I owned everything already just wanted brand new zero mile versions of a few cars. Wonder if anyone will pic a car from it this week?

I miss the S2000 and cape after that ff torture fest.

OwensRacing
Already spent 10million. LoL I owned everything already just wanted brand new zero mile versions of a few cars. Wonder if anyone will pic a car from it this week?

I miss the S2000 and cape after that ff torture fest.

Oh i havent nought anything yet, but I will in about an hour

May I join?

Hey mike46and2,

You bet you can join 👍 Glad to have you in S.N.A.I.L.

Please read the following:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The first post has all the rules and regulations for S.N.A.I.L. It is the first place you need to check if you have a question. If it's not answered there, feel free to post your question on the thread.

The second post has the current race lineup for Sunday and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Back