◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
There was an awful lot of four wheel over the kerbs when I was watching the replays from the races at London from practice last night....

There was an awful lot of four wheel over the kerbs when I was watching the replays from the races at London from practice last night....

Quite unavoidable on this track!

For the WRS stuff, we just say "stay off the walls" for clean laps.

Where is there even room to go 4 off?

The only place I can think of is the long open area and then the lefty.

Is that where it was?

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 2

Drgreenthumb977 / Drrgreenthumb67
  • Level 2 - 6 points
  • Qualifying Rules Violation - Level 3 - 10 points
  • Total: 16 points and five week probation

albteman015 / albtifosi
  • Level 1 - 1 point
  • Level 1 - 2 points
  • Total: 3 points and two week probation

AG07WRXTR / AG07WRXTR
  • Level 2 - 5 points halved to 3 for concession. Two week probation

Division 3

moutonguerrier / Maxime0911
  • Level 1 - 3 points
  • Level 2 - 7 points
  • Level 2 - 7 points
  • Level 4 - 14 points
  • Total 31 points - doubled due to probation to represent a night's disqualification. Six week probation remains.

tezgm99 / tezgm99
  • Level 2 - 7 points and two weeks probation

These changes affect the final standings.

Full final results can be found here.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Thanks to the stewards for reviewing all of the complaints this week. It looks like D2's long complaint-free streak ended with a flurry! It's all good though, because calling out questionable racecraft is much more important than any streak.

Congrats to Div 1, 4 and 5 for not being in this list; I'd like to think that it is because of good race craft! 👍👍

I'd like to think that it was good racecraft as well, but I know in at least one division there was some poor racecraft that was not filed. There was a driver who quit the league in part because of poor racecraft and so there was not point in filing a complaint. Once I get my hands on the replay, I'll be hunting down the perpetrator and will be taking the appropriate action. :irked:

A couple times a race is acceptable, doing it practically every lap is not.

Where is there even room to go 4 off?

The only place I can think of is the long open area and then the lefty.

Is that where it was?

Near the end of the front straight, turn one, turn 2, turn 3 are the ones that I noticed....concrete patches beyond the kerbs are not part of the track. At least, they aren't when we race at Deep Forest and Grand Valley.

Near the end of the front straight, turn one, turn 2, turn 3 are the ones that I noticed....concrete patches beyond the kerbs are not part of the track. At least, they aren't when we race at Deep Forest and Grand Valley.

We're definitely going to need a decision on that... I haven't practiced the courses yet, but I know what you're talking about...

I asked about those curbs last night and was told that it was acceptable. I know in other tracks with those concrete patches you have to keep 2 wheels on the racing surface at all times. If that same rule is put in place at London the stewards will have their hands full watching each car run each lap to make sure it was a clean race.

Yeah, I think we should prioritize avoiding contact with other cars over watching the curbs on this track. It's tight enough without artificially tightening it more.

Yeah, I think we should prioritize avoiding contact with other cars over watching the curbs on this track. It's tight enough without artificially tightening it more.

I didn't know the car could even get 4 wheels off in those areas - I'll check it out after work. If I was off, I'll make sure to change my line - I may have overly assumed narrow sidewalks... eek!

I think that the 4 wheel rule is a legit one, but enforcing this at this track would make passing almost impossible and asking the stewards to watch the replays multiple times.

Track is already tight as a sardines! I call for exception on the 4 wheel rule on this track only!

Thoughts?

We didn't allow it when we ran at Monaco in the Evora several months back, why should this get treated differently?

I wasn't running with you guys several months back but there are no concrete patches at Monaco, unless you are referring to the chicane.

qwietstorm
I wasn't running with you guys several months back but there are no concrete patches at Monaco, unless you are referring to the chicane.

Monaco does have multiple passing areas and does not feel as tight, much faster track!

While they are both city courses, very different layout.

The chicane exiting the tunnel, yes....and also the right-hander after the hairpin, a small enough car can fit on there believe it or not.

Hey ap, it's not fair that drgreen loses points for fujigate, and I don't. Please deduct same points from my total.
Looking forward to great racing Sunday. Maybe not at London; that place scares me.

I think that the 4 wheel rule is a legit one, but enforcing this at this track would make passing almost impossible and asking the stewards to watch the replays multiple times.

Track is already tight as a sardines! I call for exception on the 4 wheel rule on this track only!

Thoughts?

👍👍

We didn't allow it when we ran at Monaco in the Evora several months back, why should this get treated differently?

At Monaco you can basically cut off an entire corner by just driving straight through the bus stop, there aren't really any such shortcuts at london. you can shave some time by using the curbing, but it also significantly widens the track in some of it's nost dangerous areas, an personally I think avoiding multi-car pileups is more conductive to clean racing than enforcing the subjective boundaries of the track.

👍👍

At Monaco you can basically cut off an entire corner by just driving straight through the bus stop, there aren't really any such shortcuts at london. you can shave some time by using the curbing, but it also significantly widens the track in some of it's nost dangerous areas, an personally I think avoiding multi-car pileups is more conductive to clean racing than enforcing the subjective boundaries of the track.
👍 I agree that the walls should be the barrier on this track. It is going to be a very hard track to pass which will make qualifying extra important. And since we will likely space out qualifying there will be very little chance to police the use of the curb during qualifying:( So I vote to keep things simple.

I agree that the walls should be the barrier on this track. It is going to be a very hard track to pass which will make qualifying extra important. And since we will likely space out qualifying there will be very little chance to police the use of the curb during qualifying:( So I vote to keep things simple.

👍 I'm on the same page as you guys here.

I got passed last night because I followed the actual track through turn one whereas the person behind me cut the corner and then cut turn 2 in order to pass me as they had better exit speed from turn 1.

That, to me, is gaining an unfair advantage by shortcutting.

After watching the replays of race 1 in the red room, I am begrudgingly leaning towards the walls as well. Many racers clearly went 4 off, myself included. Sadly, the only times my lines felt clean were those moments... I wish I could have been consistent in my racing lines as most of my foes, anywhere on the track.

My main reservation with 'walls over kerbs' is the likelihood that we will end up with a true bumper car mentality, not running cleanly as much as muddling forward on a midday slog/commute, sharp elbows and all. For me, neither stewarding prospect appeals... Seeing if people bothered to read or follow the rules, or how many fouls, felonies or misdemeanors are committed.

So are we allow to go over the curb at those right angle turns on the second left turn and third right turn?

There is a huge difference in lap time in using the curb or not (1 sec or more)

I'm for disregarding the two tire rule for this track. I had nick behind me in practice. Clearly a better driver, and had I not made any mistakes I would have taken first only because if you run a defensive line it is almost impossible to pass unless mistakes are made. I have a feeling most pole winners will be taking race 1 irregardless.

We were having a dispute on the track with our cars and it was felt there was a time advantage gained. There was no advantage but the cars were too close, back and forth for too long. Hence rules were broken and the loss of points. It was actually my fault as I know better and should have put a stop to it. It wasn't even really a dispute as much as a 4 wheeled discussion.

Last edited:
Dear stewards,

Please note that I will be sending a PM to the appropriate division steward after each weekend that I attend to ask if I've been involved in any incidents from this week forth. This will be done in the hope that it prevents the situation of what happened last week where, for whatever reason, I never received the PM that I was under investigation and only find out about it in Ap's post.

Regards,

Tez

Site unseen, I'm backing tez here. A, the rules are clear, and b, this is how the track was made to be ran. Tge defense of "we have to cause it was faster" is asinine. The guy behind wouldnt be any faster since they must follow the same line.

Back