◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Consider this when running the Volvo and almost any other understeery car.

You only have 100% of the grip of the tires available for you, period. If you use 80% of the grip for braking you only have 20% of it for turning or accelerating. Getting your braking done before you turn in will give you more grip for turning, accelerating and staying within the curbing.

That's good advice. There's a great article (written by an Indy driver) on how to adjust your driving style for different drivetrain layouts at Jalopnik.

Here's the relevant bit:

Take a front-wheel-drive car, for example. In many of my column entries we have discussed that when you apply power, the rear squats. Therefore, the front tires become light, with the cars' weight distribution piling to the rear. On any car this is the perfect recipe to create understeer. But on an FWD car, those light, unloaded front tires are attempting to deliver the power and accelerate us out of the turn, and the tendency will be to have very poor traction, which will make the understeer even worse. Long story short, most FWD cars will have terminal push.

So we need to adjust our driving to minimize our inherent issue. We therefore dive bomb the apex, turning in a fraction earlier than normal and use a massive amount of trail braking to keep the front end down and with grip for as long as possible. Our mid corner goal should be to sacrifice a touch of rolling speed in the name of pivoting the car quickly around its axis. By doing this we straighten out the exit and limit the amount of time we have on power while still turning. We must be extra patient waiting on the throttle until the car is rotated sufficiently to allow us an aggressive power application, without inducing unnecessary understeer.

It amazing to see some of the friendliest and helpful guys like veloci_2nr, Wardez and Jett make it that far. I'm looking forward to the show. Have to say my money is on Nick.

Edit 3:45
Heading to D1 for a quick practice. Join.

Last edited:
miguelmendoza
Hey D2s.......

I will not able to race on Sunday... cause 'Sandy'. My flight to NY has been move from Monday to Sunday...... have fun

Be safe. I hear she isn't very friendly. Also convinced its going to hit with a vengeance.

Anyone wanna look up something interesting. Look at HAARP readings on easy coast the last for days. Magnetic charge in ionosphere I think it is.

Crazy crazy. Look up Dubai weather control.

http://www.haarpstatus.com/status.html

Last edited:
Oshawa-Joe
It amazing to see some of the friendliest and helpful guys like veloci_2nr, Wardez and Jett make it that far. I'm looking forward to the show. Have to say my money is on Nick.

Edit 3:45
Heading to D1 for a quick practice. Join.

Watch those Kerbs and keep 2 wheels between the white lines!
LOL

The general feeling of the stewards (and therefore the official ruling this week) is to allow free run at London. Just watch out for the walls. This should keep each division more or less equal and avoid any unwanted nannying.

The general feeling of the stewards (and therefore the official ruling this week) is to allow free run at London. Just watch out for the walls. This should keep each division more or less equal and avoid any unwanted nannying.
👍👍👍👍👍 Let the clean racing begin:)

what is 4 wheels on ? XD

That would be my lingo for "4 wheels on the concrete patch which is inside the red and white curbing". In any other track that is out-of-bounds, but it is OK at London ONLY.

Then what about strong penalties so as you actually get ghosted for 5 seconds if you hit the wall hard enough? That may alleviate the issues some have said about bottlenecking.

Then what about strong penalties so as you actually get ghosted for 5 seconds if you hit the wall hard enough? That may alleviate the issues some have said about bottlenecking.

For this to help, we would also have to ignore the rule against driving through ghosted cars. I don't think that's a good idea.

For this to help, we would also have to ignore the rule against driving through ghosted cars. I don't think that's a good idea.

No we don't. I'm talking about the situation where you're right behind someone, they run wide and smack the fence leaving you with nowhere to go. We've always allowed people to drive through ghosted cars in that situation as it is unavoidable.

No we don't. I'm talking about the situation where you're right behind someone, they run wide and smack the fence leaving you with nowhere to go. We've always allowed people to drive through ghosted cars in that situation as it is unavoidable.

The problem is that after you pass through him, he'll be sitting, unable to accelerate, in the path of everyone behind you for several seconds. All those people will have to swerve to avoid him, or be in violation of the rule.

The problem is that after you pass through him, he'll be sitting, unable to accelerate, in the path of everyone behind you for several seconds. All those people will have to swerve to avoid him, or be in violation of the rule.

Which is how the current rule is, so what's the issue?

Which is how the current rule is, so what's the issue?

The issue is that at London, there won't be room to swerve, and the corners are blind. Drivers will go through him, and the first unlucky person to catch up to him after he goes solid is going to plow into him.

I could definitely be wrong, but that's how I see it playing out.

Ban London from future selection. It's just too much of a pain in the posterior to have to deal with.

It may be a great track to run time trials on, but it sucks as a racetrack.

Any full size car is too big for London so that makes it a terrible racetrack. The lotus would probably be OK and Go Karts would probably be a bunch of fun. The Kei cars in the game could work too but for the other 95% of cars in the game, it's a terrible race track.

Any full size car is too big for London so that makes it a terrible racetrack. The lotus would probably be OK and Go Karts would probably be a bunch of fun. The Kei cars in the game could work too but for the other 95% of cars in the game, it's a terrible race track.
Or maybe RM Cappuccinos:) Sounds like a special event that needs to happen.

I would also ban London. Neither of the two areas wide enough to run two wide offer much of a passing opportunity.

I thought about strong penalties, actually, but then we're just reaching and causing more chances of chaos. We'll run London this weekend and it'll probably get voted off. Then I say we never run it again…

Apmaddock
I would also ban London. Neither of the two areas wide enough to run two wide offer much of a passing opportunity.

I thought about strong penalties, actually, but then we're just reaching and causing more chances of chaos. We'll run London this weekend and it'll probably get voted off. Then I say we never run it again…

:bowdown:

Back