◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I think it is safe to say that I pulled away in second this month, my first in d4. It has been a wonderful month of close competitive racing. Goat had a killer first two weeks, and was nearly unstoppable. I blame it on his caffeine! I did not expect to do so well, but I feel like I am really starting to grow into myself as far as SNAIL goes. I've been able to be close and competitive week to week minus last nights racing as I simply did not have enough time to really get any solid practice in. Thank you guys for creating such an awesome league. And to just about every single driver in D4, great racing, and thank you Joby for kind've taking me under your wing when I was first starting out a few months ago. I've come a long way in the past 3 months racing competitively with drivers throughout SNAIL, some of which have been racing on a wheel since it were invented. Everyone here has been nothing short of great for helping out the little guy, and people in all of the upper divisions have helped me out immensely. Chatva, Tex, Wolf, VAIL, Hill, Owens, Dabney, just to name a few. Again, thank you guys. You've helped me find something that isn't counterproductive to do on my weekends, and also helped me fall behind on homework due to practice. Heh

I think it is safe to say that I pulled away in second this month, my first in d4. It has been a wonderful month of close competitive racing. Goat had a killer first two weeks, and was nearly unstoppable. I blame it on his caffeine! I did not expect to do so well, but I feel like I am really starting to grow into myself as far as SNAIL goes. I've been able to be close and competitive week to week minus last nights racing as I simply did not have enough time to really get any solid practice in. Thank you guys for creating such an awesome league. And to just about every single driver in D4, great racing, and thank you Joby for kind've taking me under your wing when I was first starting out a few months ago. I've come a long way in the past 3 months racing competitively with drivers throughout SNAIL, some of which have been racing on a wheel since it were invented. Everyone here has been nothing short of great for helping out the little guy, and people in all of the upper divisions have helped me out immensely. Chatva, Tex, Wolf, VAIL, Hill, Owens, Dabney, just to name a few. Again, thank you guys. You've helped me find something that isn't counterproductive to do on my weekends, and also helped me fall behind on homework due to practice. Heh
👍:tup:It has been fun racing with you even though now I seem to be behind you more often than in front.

There have been so many S.N.A.I.L.S that have been willing to help me out and I see people doing that to others. Yea we all want to win but the willingness to help others improve is what makes this league (in my opinion) the best there is. I have said it before and will continue to say it

Thanks zer05ive for creating and running S.N.A.I.L.

And a big shout out to all the behind the scenes helpers!!

Also a shout out to Iroquis. Racing last night after the main races you were the fastest I have seen you and I had no chance to keep up:) The closeness of the racing is really making this league a challenge. And that is what we are here for.

hi gamble, you're doing awesome. hope to join you in D4 soon. do you know where i can view the monthly points spreadsheet for my division 5?

👍:tup:It has been fun racing with you even though now I seem to be behind you more often than in front.

There have been so many S.N.A.I.L.S that have been willing to help me out and I see people doing that to others. Yea we all want to win but the willingness to help others improve is what makes this league (in my opinion) the best there is. I have said it before and will continue to say it

And a big shout out to all the behind the scenes helpers!![/SIZ

Also a shout out to Iroquis. Racing last night after the main races you were the fastest I have seen you and I had no chance to keep up:) The closeness of the racing is really making this league a challenge. And that is what we are here for.

Thanks so much Joby. i am driving cleaner and faster every week and i want to continue racing with you and the other late nighters as often as possible. and i would also like to say

THANK YOU SNAIL FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK CREATING AND MAINTAINING SNAIL RACING. YOU ARE AWESOME!

if you go to the top of the page, there's a link that says "my gtplanet". Click that link (or this one) and the control panel is on the left. You can change your signature, avatar, and a bunch of other stuff.

thanks dab, but where is the spreadsheet? How do i find out how many points i have in total for october?

Dang! I have been a baaaad boy ;)

Didn't realize I had broken so many rules. It's Vail's fault...he made me do it ;)

:lol: I was going to blame you :dopey:

Some great racing last night 👍 R2 at London was a lot of fun!

zeromisfit999

Thanks for the mention.

Really quality group of people here. Everyone seems to be up for helping others. Very good moral. Just a great place to be. Oh and we race here too!!!

hi gamble, you're doing awesome. hope to join you in D4 soon. do you know where i can view the monthly points spreadsheet for my division 5?
In the second post you should see the lineups. There is a link "Click here for results".

Now that you know to look on the first page for most info S.N.A.I.L.;) here is a link to the google doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aiw0Wxz2StbPdHFuVHowLThUN2dnSzRtUDF4S21NSUE#gid=176

It will not have this weeks info for a few days.

:lol: I was going to blame you :dopey:

Some great racing last night 👍 R2 at London was a lot of fun!

Definitely some close racing last night! When you out qualified me at London by .04, it was the beginning of your mind games which set the tone for the evening.

Last edited:

Iroquois, there are tabs on the bottom of that document. Use the arrow to go to the far left for "Driver graphs" then head back 5-6 pages to get to the 2012.10 D5 (or whatever) scores. Listed by division. I wish (?) there was a way to see how many races someone ran (like Dangerzone only ran 1 race 1 week, I think), or have their average 'score' on something like ((Race totals / # races) * 6), I suppose.

Overall, the podium distribution is impressive. Even with some folks clearly dominating their division (Veloci, dangerzone...), close racing is evident. EVERYONE in D3 made a podium, most with 2+ appearances. By D4/D5, it seems that if you raced and finished 2+ times in a month, you were likely to have a podium finish or two. Not bad at all!

I'm not enough of a data-hound to go check, but those results 'feel' like the winning is more distributed across all racers in a division. Yes, it's a function of the 5 divisions, but the balancing, promotion and relegation seem to be working.

Well done. 👍

And just so you guys can get an idea who you were racing against this festive week. In disguise as Betelgeuse.

8135718987_6dbbf836fb_b.jpg

And a big shout out to all the behind the scenes helpers!!

Thanks for the props, but this is truly a team effort and there are so many SNAILs to who work hard to make this league what it is. Thanks to everyone who supports S.N.A.I.L. in any way, big or small (even if you aren't listed - you know who you are!). It's cool to see how our little community of SNAILs has grown into a group of friendly, helpful, and fun group of clean drivers. :)

Please let me know if any of you feel like you can contribute to the league in any way, shape, or form. The more help we can get, the better! :D

Thanks for the props, but this is truly a team effort and there are so many SNAILs to who work hard to make this league what it is. Thanks to everyone who supports S.N.A.I.L. in any way, big or small (even if you aren't listed - you know who you are!). It's cool to see how our little community of SNAILs has grown into a group of friendly, helpful, and fun group of clean drivers. :)

Please let me know if any of you feel like you can contribute to the league in any way, shape, or form. The more help we can get, the better! :D

I have an idea rolling around in my head. I've noticed this is a pretty tight knit family of racers, but the only thing I have to kind've tell who they are, is there voice/avatar. I was thinking about maybe putting together a SNAIL driver ID page or something of the sorts. Depending on how many would be interested in contributing to the idea. I feel like it would be nice to put a face to some of the drivers we race with, and those who wish to remain anonymous for whatever reason could do so without question. I've been rolling around this idea in my head for a few months now, and it seems like a good idea to me, but just trying to wager where everyone else would stand on the matter.

I'd be into that but I'm actually Michael Keaton so you kinda took some of my fire…

I'm so into that idea. It sounds great!

i got the idea of making up a fake driver's license for SNAIL drivers, or even using our own driver's licenses - the number/address. I think it would be really neat to see just how widespread SNAIL actually is. I can make a page inside this thread, or I can possibly even build a small website. It would give me something to do once school is out, as it would probably take some time to get together. I could even possibly make driver profiles for every division, and update it with relegation/promotions/stats, but I would certainly need a hand with it.

Good racing in D1 last night LOL @ NicKL's pole position :D that was phat
Thanks!
The qualifying session was hot!The best lap was getting lower and lower rapidly.
Someone posted a 1:21.1 just before I start my last qualifying lap :scared:...I got a bad 1st sector ( -0.06x ) and the 2nd right hand turn after the bridge wasn't great ,but I killed that last sector :P.I finally got the (1:21.0) I wanted last week.Now It's time to get in the 20's.
I think 1:20.8 are possible.

Great racing in D1 👍

:tup:Wow! Awesome night in D2! Hats off and congratulations to Quitestorm for the overall win! He gets my vote for great race craft! Hope your safe and dry. ( When do we vote?) kcheeb gets my vote for the night, he never touched anyone!
Thanks for the shout out from lifeagamble420, great job my friend! And last but not the least thanks to zerO and kcheeb and all the behind the scene people that make S.N.A.I.L. the best place to be!:cheers:

zeromisfit999
i got the idea of making up a fake driver's license for SNAIL drivers, or even using our own driver's licenses - the number/address. I think it would be really neat to see just how widespread SNAIL actually is. I can make a page inside this thread, or I can possibly even build a small website. It would give me something to do once school is out, as it would probably take some time to get together. I could even possibly make driver profiles for every division, and update it with relegation/promotions/stats, but I would certainly need a hand with it.

So how about a Facebook group?

Sorry for all the mistakes i did sunday i hope learning more of my errors. I will be whitout connection internet for 2 weeks because my room mate died and the bill was on his name so i have to call a company for open a new account , i hope find a better way to have fun in snail league. See ya guys in 2 weeks i will miss you

Back