◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Iroquois and I spent a solid 4-5 hours last night racing the DLC cars, and I have to say, it was the most fun I've had playing GT5 since I started playing. I think this debate needs to come into play a bit more. I enjoy all the cars - a select few in gt5, and in my own humble opinion I think the DLC cars would not only attract more new drivers, but keep some of the old/newer drivers happy. I have no complaints about how things are run here, and yes we do have 200 Premium cars, but the reality is, if one car gets voted off a week, it would take 5 years for us to race the DLC cars. That just seems unrealistic, and being as we already have DLC tracks I think it should be taken into consideration, and maybe do another poll since we've picked up quite a few drivers in the past few weeks. I mean if it is that big of a deal, I'll start a DLC fund with a paypal account, and anyone who wants to throw a dollar in the pot to throw towards people who aren't looking to spend it, can get the cars. We took the Impreza to London, and were able to overtake in multiple parts of the track cleanly. A track that everyone complained about and for the most part hated last week, could have been the time of our lives.

Chiochan
This is lady Gaga's car

I kid you not. My car was exactly like this. Same color. Same panel color. Very similar wheels.

It's now been changed for SNAIL

Edit: Matte Light Green (looks like lime) it is. Not bad but not great.

Car is fun but will take some practice for me to get good. However I'll take this car all day every day over any FF car. ;)

JoeW
Don't forget the online dealership cars that are available as well. That is probably another few hundred ;)

Silverado SST be cool. Never driven it stock though.

Tank Car maybe. LoL

Speed 12 or Veyron be nasty

I'd be all about using a classic Rally car on the Tarmac.

Last edited:
Iroquois and I spent a solid 4-5 hours last night racing the DLC cars, and I have to say, it was the most fun I've had playing GT5 since I started playing. I think this debate needs to come into play a bit more. I enjoy all the cars - a select few in gt5, and in my own humble opinion I think the DLC cars would not only attract more new drivers, but keep some of the old/newer drivers happy. I have no complaints about how things are run here, and yes we do have 200 Premium cars, but the reality is, if one car gets voted off a week, it would take 5 years for us to race the DLC cars. That just seems unrealistic, and being as we already have DLC tracks I think it should be taken into consideration, and maybe do another poll since we've picked up quite a few drivers in the past few weeks. I mean if it is that big of a deal, I'll start a DLC fund with a paypal account, and anyone who wants to throw a dollar in the pot to throw towards people who aren't looking to spend it, can get the cars. We took the Impreza to London, and were able to overtake in multiple parts of the track cleanly. A track that everyone complained about and for the most part hated last week, could have been the time of our lives.

yea zero, you are totally right. we had a blast in the DLC Touring Cars. They are so awesome; quick, responsive, compact. just a joy to race with. They are not massive race cars that some would have trouble with, but they are race built to perfection. let's at least consider some type of forum where we could race them. We all understand money is tight but DLC is not that expensive and totally worth it. The online dealership is full of standard cars, which are ok, but the DLC TC cars are premium...and supreme.

Is there a way to gift anything on PS Store like DLC. I mean I go buy it as a gift for another PSN user. Thinking no.

I'd love to see the TC cars be included at some point. They do come with the new Spec 2.0 game. ;)

Is there a way to gift anything on PS Store like DLC. I mean I go buy it as a gift for another PSN user. Thinking no.

I'd love to see the TC cars be included at some point. They do come with the new Spec 2.0 game. ;)
you can buy a PSN card ($10) and then just email/PM the code to someone. No need for paypal and the like. I would be happy to pitch in a code a month. The one thing we want to make sure is that people are dedicated to S.N.A.I.L. and not just looking for a free handout.

While I don't see a reason against using DLC cars, I have to say that I'd hate to see everything rush to the TCs. They are just like the RMs. They really should've been tagged to the base model just like the RMs, but Kaz is a dick, whadagonnado?

Still, there are entirely too many good cars. We really shouldn't be running two RMs a week. I think it was schtupid to run three race cars on the same week (the Lotus RM, the Camaro RM, and the Amuse S2000).

Mind you, I'm just a spectator, so... doesn't really matter what I think.

I think it was schtupid to run three race cars on the same week (the Lotus RM, the Camaro RM, and the Amuse S2000).

I agree. I'm not sad I've had to miss the last couple of weeks. This is not why I joined.

Dont know why you guys always voet for Spa.. i will choose it if i win. XD
we just need a fast/not too hard car to drive to have fun reaally fun in this :D

Spa has been active for 11 weeks since the beginning of this thread. It's fun but the novelty has worn off.

While I don't see a reason against using DLC cars, I have to say that I'd hate to see everything rush to the TCs. They are just like the RMs. They really should've been tagged to the base model just like the RMs, but Kaz is a dick, whadagonnado?

Still, there are entirely too many good cars. We really shouldn't be running two RMs a week. I think it was schtupid to run three race cars on the same week (the Lotus RM, the Camaro RM, and the Amuse S2000).

Mind you, I'm just a spectator, so... doesn't really matter what I think.

I agree. I'm not sad I've had to miss the last couple of weeks. This is not why I joined.

Spa has been active for 11 weeks since the beginning of this thread. It's fun but the novelty has worn off.

I agree. While I do not want to limit peoples choice the main reason I joined is this seemed to be a group that raced normal cars. I have really enjoyed the RM's as they have all been easy to race but if it was up to me I would limit it to one RM/tuner/Race car per week.

I would be happy to allow DLC and Standards but again would want to limit them to one per week. I know that getting everyone standards is hard but I have every car and would be willing to send them out to anyone who needs one.

As for Spa yea it is an awesome track but it has been the most heavily used and I am a bit tired of it. I would love to see a car or track be able to be used at most 4 weeks in a row. At that point I would let the prize C driver replace the car or track that has been up 4 weeks in a row. It would add a bonus to winning prize C. This would give us a bit more car/track rotation and would stop cars or tracks from becoming a bit stale, Camaro@fuji for instance.

Just my 2¢

Off course.. but i want to race on it haha.. and also because i have that track cuz i bought the XL Edition.. without it i wont have that track :P
Remember this league is not just for you. There are around 60 people racing each Sunday now and part of the choosing a car/track combo is trying to pick something that people will enjoy:)

LETS GET THE OTHER COMBO UP SO I CAN KILL SOME HOMEWORK AND B-SPEC DRIVERS. sorry for the caps, excited on an unexpected day off of work.

Remember this league is not just for you. There are around 60 people racing each Sunday now and part of the choosing a car/track combo is trying to pick something that people will enjoy:)

i know man.. i was just saying that i love that track :D Np

jobyone
you can buy a PSN card ($10) and then just email/PM the code to someone. No need for paypal and the like. I would be happy to pitch in a code a month. The one thing we want to make sure is that people are dedicated to S.N.A.I.L. and not just looking for a free handout.

Well. How about a SNAIL Paypal account where we can donate. Then SNAIL can award 10 dollar cards to winners. ;)

Sorry but the card idea is going to be pitched in my other series. Cause that just an awesome idea. Then nobody is forced to pay up or anything. However this would offset some t shirt cost and other prizes.

I'd donate no doubt.

As for car choice. Try to consider others when you do pick. Last week was pretty good with a street car mixed in. This week much better street car. Now we need a good small car. If even say FF. I hate FF but respect others and think variety is fun.

This would give us a bit more car/track rotation and would stop cars or tracks from becoming a bit stale, Camaro@fuji for instance.

I have never understood this. If it is good, it is good. I never get tired of it if it is good.

By the same token, I don't understand, "It will grown on you." It is good or not.

Mind you, Gin Blossoms did grow on me. That has been the only thing.

We can drive around this town.
Let the cops chase us around.
The past is gone but something might be found to take it's place.

Not a bad driving song, really.

Mind you, Gin Blossoms did grow on me. That has been the only thing.

We can drive around this town.
Let the cops chase us around.
The past is gone but something might be found to take it's place.

Not a bad driving song, really.

Sadly, the guy who wrote most of their hit songs killed himself shortly after receiving his gold record for "Hey Jealousy". He also poured sugar in the band's van's gas tank shortly after he quit the band. I just felt the need to point that out for some reason. :odd:

dabneyd
Sadly, the guy who wrote most of their hit songs killed himself shortly after receiving his gold record for "Hey Jealousy". He also poured sugar in the band's van's gas tank shortly after he quit the band. I just felt the need to point that out for some reason. :odd:

LoL well you learn something new everyday.

Guy must of been bitter eh?

LoL well you learn something new everyday.

Guy must of been bitter eh?

Mentally ill would be more apt. He started drinking more and more as the band got more famous and it spiraled. He sneaked a gun into the rehab facility and...

:tup:Wow! Awesome night in D2! Hats off and congratulations to Quitestorm for the overall win! He gets my vote for great race craft! Hope your safe and dry. ( When do we vote?) kcheeb gets my vote for the night, he never touched anyone!
Thanks for the shout out from lifeagamble420, great job my friend! And last but not the least thanks to zerO and kcheeb and all the behind the scene people that make S.N.A.I.L. the best place to be!:cheers:

Thank you Vail! Really good racing in D2 and thank goodness no network issues.

What is the rule with the yellow painted areas at Trial Mountain? Can we race on them or should we avoid them?

Now we need a good small car. If even say FF. I hate FF but respect others and think variety is fun.
While not a FF fanboy I agree something small could be a lot of fun. I love the variety so FF, 4wd, MR, RR, FR its all good.

:dopey:Div 4 PIX

Who says Snails can't follow directions (from Wednesday practice)?

London_1.jpg

Sunday Racing started at London!

London_2.jpg

First lap under attack

London_3.jpg

Tight Racing is what SNAIL is all about!

London_5.jpg

London_6.jpg

London_7.jpg

The Fun continued at Autuum Ring

AutumnRing.jpg

AutumnRing_1.jpg

AutumnRing_3.jpg

Great Battle for all 7 laps between Panda Bear and GTP_SPG

AutumnRing_4.jpg

Another Great Battle between Goat and our Race Director
AutumnRing_5.jpg

2nd Round ended within hundreds of a second. Great Win from the Pole for Panda Bear.

AutumnRing_6.jpg

Round 2 at Autuum Ring.. I'm proud of executing a pass on the outside! :sly:
AutumnRing_7.jpg

Sportmanship at its best... Avoiding Contact

AutumnRing_8.jpg

Which led me to my first last place.

AutumnRing_9.jpg

Battle for 3rd on Second Round lasted for many laps.

AutumnRing_11.jpg

AutumnRing_12.jpg

AutumnRing_13.jpg

1st and 2nd for October racing side by side
AutumnRing_14.jpg

AutumnRing_15.jpg

Fuji

FujiSpeedwayGT_35.jpg

Smokin!
FujiSpeedwayGT_36.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_37.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_40.jpg