◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
you guys were practicing?? i was waiting for the room numbers T.T

How did you miss this? It's such a colorful post! And with large font too! :)

I presume that you only bought the Mazda at the last minute, zer0? That's the only reason I can come up with for you driving it in red and not your usual white....

Yeah I didn't have time to paint it. Had to host the red room so I ended my Mazda's endurance race early so that I could get the room up. Trust me though, it'll be white with red wheels by Sunday night! ;)

I will be hosting a custom track room early this afternoon est time. Anyone with a custom track they want to run please bring it. All custom courses are welcome, so bring your rally cars, karts, and mountain pass monsters!

Chiochan
I will be hosting a custom track room early this afternoon est time. Anyone with a custom track they want to run please bring it. All custom courses are welcome, so bring your rally cars, karts, and mountain pass monsters!

I wish I could join you but will be stuck at work:(

Nicktune
The Elise is not as awesome to drive after the update...oversteer when braking/understeer when accelerating.You can't power oversteer as nicely and you can't step on the gas as early. 👎

I really not sure how well I like this game after the update.

Feel disconnected from the cars now.

Hey guys joined your room to have a play as I was bored lol. Annoyingly you all left when I joined.. (Everybody hates me :()

But anyway I was interested in maybe having a few races here. I did a practice race with Iluv2coach and had a nice battle with him we did 2:01s all race with my last charge on him a 2:00.7 :).

Hey paulmac2k9,

Thanks for joining S.N.A.I.L. 👍 Is it true, if it's not Scottish, it's crap ;)

Please read the following:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The first post has all the rules and regulations for S.N.A.I.L. It is the first place you need to check if you have a question. If it's not answered there, feel free to post your question on the thread.

The second post has the current race lineup for Sunday and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

I really not sure how well I like this game after the update.

Feel disconnected from the cars now.

I am in the same boat Owens. I also agree with Nik, the Elise was EXTREMELY loose under the slightest bit of braking and plowed like a dump truck under acceleration. Last night at Autumn Ring Reverse it felt like it was on top of the track instead of in the track like before. I have a feeling it's going to give that Mazda a run for it's money this week when voting time comes around.

Here are some pictures from the Tuesday series STaTS.
8166926083_6865106c3e_b.jpg

These are all from the last race
8166927415_7dd0d14afc_b.jpg

Intergra burning those tires!
8166955428_30778862a0_b.jpg

Watch out!
8166954548_8a5209fba7_b.jpg

First turn goodness.
8166955202_ed5255d490_b.jpg

8166926521_6cbf1f6391_b.jpg

The battle in the front.
8166926801_b083904929_b.jpg

Photo finish. Both with damage(severe mickey mouse for gamble) cross the line almost together.

This series is awesome. I was able to run with D1 racers for a while on the last race. This is because this series has a ballast factor. The more you win the more you weight. Also tuning is allowed, and the cars are very evenly matched. Thank you Hillracing for the time you spend with this league, DC5 FOR THE WIN!:)👍

Last edited:
The only thing I really found disheartening with this series is the damage being on Heavy. Every race I was hit by someone and subsequently had to pit. My race is now over. That's really unfun.

The only thing I really found disheartening with this series is the damage being on Heavy. Every race I was hit by someone and subsequently had to pit. My race is now over. That's really unfun.

I agree. I usually like heavy damage though. But it only works with certain people. Heavy damage USUALLY cuts down on the over aggressive driving and drivers tend to be more respectful but the other night I was constantly being run over and slammed into. It's almost like a couple of drivers forgot which pedal was the brake pedal going into turn 1...I won't name any names.

I love how we get complaints that things aren't realistic enough, but then, when something is actually done realistically, someone complains about that. Guess you really can't make everyone happy.

ok, rant over, i'm gonna see if I can't get on tonight and see how bad PD messed the game up this time.

I agree. I usually like heavy damage though. But it only works with certain people. Heavy damage USUALLY cuts down on the over aggressive driving and drivers tend to be more respectful but the other night I was constantly being run over and slammed into. It's almost like a couple of drivers forgot which pedal was the brake pedal going into turn 1...I won't name any names.

I'll name names, It was me. And I'm sorry about that, I felt really bad for ass slammin' some of you. I was experiencing frame lose and was on the brakes early and I couldn't slow down. I am starting to think it was lag related. Next week we are running with light damage so we won't have to worry about it.

I'll name names, It was me. And I'm sorry about that, I felt really bad for ass slammin' some of you. I was experiencing frame lose and was on the brakes early and I couldn't slow down. I am starting to think it was lag related. Next week we are running with light damage so we won't have to worry about it.

I think part of the issue was the host. I asked to be host, but no one listens.

There are several people I can consistently run all day with and have heavy damage on. But since this series aims at leveling the playing field...there may be some drivers attracted to it that haven't learned how to give room and drive respectfully.

I assume Rally was speaking about mine and qwiets comments. Heavy damage in a room where anyone can race is one thing. In the real world all the race drivers actually need qualifications to be on the track so you have SOME assurances through the racing organization that all the drivers know what they are doing.

So I would have no problem with Heavy damage if I knew that everyone was on the same page.

I don't recall cthulu being a major contributor to my demise though ;)

Its really all in general actually. It seems like we are starting to get a bit of a piss fest going on here. No offense to anyone in particular, though I imagine some will. It just seems that everyday we get another post with another complaint about this or that.

Its really all in general actually. It seems like we are starting to get a bit of a piss fest going on here. No offense to anyone in particular, though I imagine some will. It just seems that everyday we get another post with another complaint about this or that.

Not sure if you realize where this is happening, but this is a public forum. On public forums people throw out ideas and those who like the ideas comment on them and those who don't give their opinions also.

And Chiochan I don't think we made any contact the whole night. There was a bit of lag going on and I saw that a couple of times. I'm not referring to that.

Joe, you hit the bullseye!

Yea that was my mistake. I didn't look at the rules I copied from last season but that had been fixed for the rest of the season. The damage is now light.

Yea that was my mistake. I didn't look at the rules I copied from last season but that had been fixed for the rest of the season. The damage is now light.

Even though I had to pit due to someone else making contact, I enjoyed heavy damage.

That sounds like a good way to waste away an afternoon....I'm in :lol:

I had to pit in 2 races and still had a blast in those 2. Wasn't so much the need to win as it was to face a challenge and the small battles along the way. Actually the battle with Goat was long and entertaining. All in the name of fun dude!

custom track room open. All welcome, you don't need to have a custom track to join. D1 lounge so we can use all of our tracks.

custom track room open. All welcome, you don't need to have a custom track to join. D1 lounge so we can use all of our tracks.

I'll hop on for a bit, just to check out how using custom tracks work.

That being said, I think I have a solution that will appease those who want custom tracks and those who refuse to race them. More to come..

Yep. Public forum, yada yada. I understand that. I'm not talking so much about the throwing around of ideas. This league its far different now then when I joined over a year ago. And that is almost fully due to ideas that we have shared and instituted.
I do have issue though when someone constantly gripes about something that isn't going their way, not to mention the good ol "if this happens i'm leaving." Really? This isn't the elementary playground. Its cool to disagree with an idea. But, at least to me, that's a blatant, and childish threat. Like my 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum. Its not necessary, and its not really going to accomplish anything constructive.

I was about to quote your post Zer0, but you changed it! That F1 game looks great! It would have been better if Kimi didn't smile. Seriously though, F1 Mario Kart?

I was about to quote your post Zer0, but you changed it! That F1 game looks great! It would have been better if Kimi didn't smile. Seriously though, F1 Mario Kart?

Yeah I didn't realize that Goat has just made a post about his room and so I didn't want to change the subject lol

For anyone interested, here's the deleted post that dabneyd is referring to:

zer05ive
All you SNAILs who enjoy F1 sims need to check this out. The most realistic F1 sim yet! As shown in the video, it even features DRS and KERS. :D

Well I take no offense in the "constantly griping" comment because I have only stated my opinion on custom tracks once.

But as far as it being a threat...definitely not a threat. It's just a stance that I have. I was just stating that I do not like to race custom tracks online. I have no problems with this league or anyone here, I REALLY enjoy it. But if it ventures into running custom tracks then I will no longer be a part of it. I can find another league just like I found this one. No threat, just a deal breaker for me.

I won't leave over a custom track. However most likely would skip it though. If they showed up weekly. Yea I'd not have interest anymore. LoL

Id have nothing against anyone if majority wanted and things went that way. For my decision is strictly a personal choice.

Back