◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,537 comments
If you still have them, Handlebar-Man and familydiscovery can both come off (leave HandlebarMustash, of course!).

I was interested in the New Year's Day Enduro until my son begged me to take him to the range. My other club stuff has a New Year's event.

ITS BACK!!! The return of STATS (SNAIL Team and Tuning Series) now in it's fifth season. This season we're racing GT300 cars. We've also made a slight tweak to the ballast rules to make it even more competitive. If you're looking for some fun racing on Tuesday nights in January come sign up here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7951153&posted=1#post7951153 No tuning experience required. All skill levels welcome. Guaranteed fun or your money back.:lol:

ITS BACK!!! The return of STATS (SNAIL Team and Tuning Series) now in it's fifth season. This season we're racing GT300 cars. We've also made a slight tweak to the ballast rules to make it even more competitive. If you're looking for some fun racing on Tuesday nights in January come sign up here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7951153&posted=1#post7951153 No tuning experience required. All skill levels welcome. Guaranteed fun or your money back.:lol:

Team mate Iroquois,
Have you chosen a car to run with?

We should organize a special New Years Day event for early afternoon Jan 1st.. Perhaps a 1-1/2 hour enduro with mandatory 5 minute pit stop ( washroom /drink break).

This sounds to tempting, but tonight is 100% devoted to FAM affairs.

I started a thread for this event.

Please respond there if you would like to race.

New Years Day SNAIL SPEC Racing Mini Enduro's

January 1st, 2013
Room opens at 1:30pm Eastern. Number will be posted in thread.
First Q session starts at 2:00pm Eastern

Open to everyone, but we will be using 2 of the SPEC / Tuning Prohibited cars from the December 30th line-up. We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. Make sure the MAZDA RX7 has been broken in for full power. The Caterham is available from the OCD and only requires an oil change to achieve full power.

Combo 1
Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 (Sports Soft tires)
10 minute Qualifying
25 Laps (approx 45 minutes) at Indy Road Course with tire wear on Fast.

10 minute Break

Combo 2
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 (Sports Hard tires)
10 minute Qualifying
30 laps (approx 45 minutes) at Rome Reverse with tire wear on Fast.

All podium positions will win a car ticket or car of their choice. I have most of the desirable tickets/ cars. Prizes will be send over the next week.

Last edited:
The enduro sounds like great fun but I think it might be a little early in the day for a west coast guy who plans on bringing in the new year with poker, cigars, and whiskey. If I'm up and moving by the time it starts, I'll probably jump in and run.

:grumpy:

January 1st, 2013

Is this reallyl in the afternoon? or do you mean 1:30 AM?
:ill:

It's tomorrow afternoon.

Yikes... such anti SNAIL time... even if i "could" I think I would have way to many distractions with the kids all over my wheel.

Last edited:
Oshawa-Joe
"Q: What's the method for saving images?
A: Simply save an image after you've taken it, and GT5 will store it in the Photo Album, on the main GT Life page. However, if you want to share it outside of the restrictions of GT5, view the images in your Photo Album and hit Triangle for the menu. Click Export to XMB to make them available for USB transfer from the XMB. There are different options for selecting individual images, all images, or multiples of your choice."
GT5 photomode FAQ by Slipztream

Everytime i want to copy my picture to my flashdrive they said error 800105E . That break my balls because i got VERY great pics i passed 1h30 min on it.

Cape Ring Long Distance Jump Competition

CapeRingNorth_32_zpse70658ef.jpg

Did I just pass Joby? I don't believe it! :dunce:

CapeRingNorth_31_zps653eea80.jpg
That was brilliant pass:) You were so much better around the carousel than me. Gamble was also. We had a pretty good battle going there:)

Is this reallyl in the afternoon? or do you mean 1:30 AM?
:ill:

Yikes... such anti SNAIL time... even if i "could" I think I would have way to many distractions with the kids all over my wheel.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to do something different since most people are home. Both combos are fairly laid back and you don't have to push every corner... lots of laps to get in a groove and chill. Show up if you can as spots are only held until 1:50pm.

Guys- try the combos I set up for tomorrow and I think you will like them. I'm becoming a fan of the Caterham and you can actually hit 4th gear at Indy Road Course. The combo is very relaxed compared to Cape Ring North.

@ Wolf - there is no way I can drive drive anything 1:30 am New Years day!

Teenage daughter will be out and the 3 younger ones will be chained up in the basement, so all is good.

Last edited:
Yikes... such anti SNAIL time... even if i "could" I think I would have way to many distractions with the kids all over my wheel.

I literally LOL'd when I read that term! Next time my manager calls for a meeting in the afternoon, I know exactly what I'm gonna say.. :lol:

btw, thanks for all the awesome pics you've been posting! :bowdown:

Last edited:
That was brilliant pass:) You were so much better around the carousel than me. Gamble was also. We had a pretty good battle going there:)

There is a very fast line around it and it is difficult to do right. If you can maintain 109-110 from the middle to the end, there is some serious ground to make up. I ran right up on people almost every time around. I think that's where I kept catching Vol but he wouldn't let me take advantage.

Zero, that approach might give you more time for SNAIL activities. I would just keep that comment to myself if it was me.

Last edited:
As of right now there have been complaints, but none pertain to the winners. I will not be online for the rest of the night, so if nothing changes, the winners, as they stood in the preliminary standings, are clear to make their picks.

Please hold off until 9:00 CST, though. I imagine if someone has made a complaint that has not yet come through someone will let you know.

Thanks

Gonna get this done now, before I start hovering around the cocktail cart... Happy New Year to all my fellow SNAILs!! It has been an absolutely fantastic year of racing! Among all of the great improvements I have seen since I joined, I have to say the most brilliant change the SNAIL administration put together was the month long series instead of doing the promotion/relegation on a weekly basis. I have really started to find my stride and racing with the same group week in and week out has really become a major highlight of Sunday nights. D4 as a group are really starting to gel and our races are getting tighter and cleaner every week. My hat's off to the entire SNAIL organization and a special thanks to all of the behind the scenes work that all of you do to make this all work so well. Thanks to the D4 gang for just plain being an awesome group of competitors!

P.S. Just a few more posts!! Let cross the 20k milestone before midnight!!!

January 1st, 2013

Open to everyone, but we will be using 2 of the SPEC / Tuning Prohibited cars from the December 30th line-up. We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. Make sure the MAZDA RX7 has been broken in for full power. The Caterham is available from the OCD and only requires an oil change to achieve full power.

Combo 1
Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 (Sports Soft tires)
10 minute Qualifying
25 Laps (approx 45 minutes) at Indy Road Course with tire wear on Fast.

10 minute Break

Combo 2
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 (Sports Hard tires)
10 minute Qualifying
30 laps (approx 45 minutes) at Rome Reverse with tire wear on Fast.

All podium positions will win a car ticket or car of their choice. I have most of the desirable tickets/ cars. Prizes will be send over the next week.

I like the split format, if I can't make one I will make the other. Moving stinks:scared: So many Christmas noobs and so little time.:dunce:

Well here's my contribution to the post count getting to 20K.

Zero, perhaps you should update the prize C list post. Sent a 1963 ticket a couple weeks ago to D1. If it's not there, I can resend to your account from my bspec alt. That would make 9 goat doesn't have his name beside....:dopey::crazy::sly:

I like to share, what can I say. It must be that Eastern philosophy mumbo jumbo I subscribe to. No complaints from D2 so far, 45 minutes left to file a protest if you desire.

ExoSphere64
Gonna get this done now, before I start hovering around the cocktail cart... Happy New Year to all my fellow SNAILs!! It has been an absolutely fantastic year of racing! Among all of the great improvements I have seen since I joined, I have to say the most brilliant change the SNAIL administration put together was the month long series instead of doing the promotion/relegation on a weekly basis. I have really started to find my stride and racing with the same group week in and week out has really become a major highlight of Sunday nights. D4 as a group are really starting to gel and our races are getting tighter and cleaner every week. My hat's off to the entire SNAIL organization and a special thanks to all of the behind the scenes work that all of you do to make this all work so well. Thanks to the D4 gang for just plain being an awesome group of competitors!

Thanks exo! Happy New Year S.N.A.I.L.s

Zer05ive has put a good group of people together and he works tirelessly for all of us 👍 Tip of the hat :cheers:

And a big thanks to everyone racing in S.N.A.I.L. You are what makes S.N.A.I.L. awesome :)

It's been great racing with you and the other members of D4 over the last few months. There is a really solid group of drivers in our division that have tight racing without fear of being punted or cheated. There are many nights where 6 or 7 of us could win if everything went correctly and that is what it's all about for me. I have as much fun racing for fifth as I do racing for first sometimes. I look forward to maintaining this tradition with you guys next year.

Here's to another year of SNAIL, and to your hangover cocktail of choice tomorrow morning. :cheers:

I'm interested in joining, but I just got GT5 last week and am still a newbie, and I'm concentrating on license tests over races, which means I'm still pretty low level and don't have much money. Can I take a month or so to learn the basics and level up a bit and then join?

Back