◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,537 comments
Zero, that approach might give you more time for SNAIL activities. I would just keep that comment to myself if it was me.

Yeah you're probably right. It might not be best to say it outloud, but I'll be definitely be thinking, "damnit, that such an anti SNAIL time!" :lol:

Gonna get this done now, before I start hovering around the cocktail cart... Happy New Year to all my fellow SNAILs!! It has been an absolutely fantastic year of racing! Among all of the great improvements I have seen since I joined, I have to say the most brilliant change the SNAIL administration put together was the month long series instead of doing the promotion/relegation on a weekly basis. I have really started to find my stride and racing with the same group week in and week out has really become a major highlight of Sunday nights. D4 as a group are really starting to gel and our races are getting tighter and cleaner every week. My hat's off to the entire SNAIL organization and a special thanks to all of the behind the scenes work that all of you do to make this all work so well. Thanks to the D4 gang for just plain being an awesome group of competitors!

P.S. Just a few more posts!! Let cross the 20k milestone before midnight!!!

Exo, as always your posts are the best! I agree that the monthly seasons were a really good decision. I think everyone benefitted from being able to race with a more consistent group of drivers. 👍

EDIT: I was wondering who was going to get the 20,000th post.. Turns out it was me! :D

I'm interested in joining, but I just got GT5 last week and am still a newbie, and I'm concentrating on license tests over races, which means I'm still pretty low level and don't have much money. Can I take a month or so to learn the basics and level up a bit and then join?

I would say you are welcome to do that if that's what you want to do. You found the right place right off the bat though. SNAIL is a great place to develop your skills as so many of us have. As far as money goes, it is pretty easy to obtain through seasonal events. I'm sure one of the higher-ups will chime in shortly to help you further.

Thanks exo! Happy New Year S.N.A.I.L.s

Zer05ive has put a good group of people together and he works tirelessly for all of us 👍 Tip of the hat :cheers:

And a big thanks to everyone racing in S.N.A.I.L. You are what makes S.N.A.I.L. awesome :)

ditto what cheeb said.. Thanks to all the SNAILs who've made this past year an amazing experience.

Also, I wanted to take a moment to personally thank kcheeb himself. He's the main reason why this league is as successful as it is. He does so much behind the scenes stuff that only he and I truly know the extent of.

cheeb, you're the yin to my yang, man! Thanks for all you do for this league. None of this would be possible without you and for that you have my eternal thanks! :cheers:

I'm interested in joining, but I just got GT5 last week and am still a newbie, and I'm concentrating on license tests over races, which means I'm still pretty low level and don't have much money. Can I take a month or so to learn the basics and level up a bit and then join?

Send a PSN friend request to HandlebarMustash and I will send you the cars we are running, if that helps (and if I am allowed). Believe me, come along with whatever skill level you are at and do your best.

I went through the list of combos, and excluding tracks on snow or gravel, or tracks over 10 miles long (issues for qualifying), it looks like the following courses have not been run in SNAIL (per the document, at least... Only cmbeal knows for sure...):

Kart Space II
Autumn Ring Mini / Reverse
Cape Ring Inside
London (std)
Madrid Mini
Madrid Mini / Reverse
Eiger short /Reverse
Grand Valley East
Grand Valley East / Reverse
High Speed Ring / Reverse
GreenValley Speedway / Reverse
So I want to thank Handlebar for this list. It has given me what I think are three good choices for next weeks combo. I hope to try each out with a few victims before I choose. The choice may also be influenced by what Racefan chooses.

As some of you know last Sunday was likely the last race I will be able to do till summer:( So I want to go out with a bang. Here are the possible choices and please weigh in on what you think:

1. Madrid Mini in the RM Cappuccinos available new car dealership and then with a trip to the GT Auto for a little Race Modification (although only if we can run it on Sports Hards as Racing Hards just have too much grip). Why do I like this combo. It is all about momentum and not losing any. Exit speeds would be key to a fast lap and passing.

2. Grand Valley East/Reverse in the Miata MX5 TC from the DLC car pack. This is the most straight up change from the CRZ TC. Similar PP and it is a lot of fun on the track. It might be a bit over tired but overall I think there will be opportunities to pass on the last hairpin and at the end of the long straight.

3. And then I thought You know the F40 has never had a go:) What a way to say goodbye. And look the High Speed Ring / Reverse has not been used either. So after a few laps i could already here the complaints (Cobra, R8 V10) ringing in my ears. Yea the car was not fun. But then I thought go big or go home. Isn't there a really fast TVR in the OCD:) sure enough so one trip to the garage, fire up the V12 in the car that the man who created it said it was too fast after driving it 100 yards and off I go. And you know what? It was a blast:) For 10 laps I just kept going faster and faster. No wipeouts, no mistakes just more and more speed. Pretty soon I was pulling 213mph down the straight:) So option 3 is the High Speed Ring /Reverse in the TVR Speed 12 from the OCD.

So please weigh in with your thoughts. But please try the combos before you say they are Rubbish;)

Last edited:
As of right now there have been complaints, but none pertain to the winners. I will not be online for the rest of the night, so if nothing changes, the winners, as they stood in the preliminary standings, are clear to make their picks.

Please hold off until 9:00 CST, though. I imagine if someone has made a complaint that has not yet come through someone will let you know.

Thanks

Looks like the prize winners are free and clear of any complaints. Please go ahead and announce your prize selections!

I would say you are welcome to do that if that's what you want to do. You found the right place right off the bat though. SNAIL is a great place to develop your skills as so many of us have. As far as money goes, it is pretty easy to obtain through seasonal events. I'm sure one of the higher-ups will chime in shortly to help you further.

Send a PSN friend request to HandlebarMustash and I will send you the cars we are running, if that helps (and if I am allowed). Believe me, come along with whatever skill level you are at and do your best.

Jibaholic, as you can see we're a friendly bunch and always willing to help "newbies" find their racing legs. Along with the advice Weaver and Handlebar suggested, I would also recommend taking part in our Wednesday night practice races. It's a great way to get a feel for our league night with out any of the pressure you might feel to do well (since it's just practice)

What are we talking 'bout? Practice?! :lol:

Drgreenthumb977
Ok thank you

You could try this. Go back to wolfsatz post with the pictures. Quote a reply and you should be able to see how he embedded the picture url in his post. If that doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll post the instructions.

Happy New Year fellow S.N.A.I.L.S!!

Really looking forward to another great year of racing with everyone!

Also I've started the new year off with a little car spotting. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come this year!

Audi R8 V10 Spyder by cmbeal317, on Flickr

kcheeb
You could try this. Go back to wolfsatz post with the pictures. Quote a reply and you should be able to see how he embedded the picture url in his post. If that doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll post the instructions.

I passed so much time on that and im done for this week i send the pics i got to who are concern about the pics so watch your box you can have a surprise lol.

Well the RX7 will definately be sticking around another week. We've been racing at Nurb GP/F for several weeks now, and I think it's time for a change. My first ideas were Grand Valley East and HSR Reverse since they haven't been picked yet, but it looks like Joby was thinking along the same lines, and I don't want to steal his thunder.

So, my first choice would be High Speed Ring Reverse, but if Jobyone wants to run the Speed 12 there, Grand Valley East would be my second choice. I'll wait and see Joby's choice before I make it official.

Well the RX7 will definately be sticking around another week. We've been racing at Nurb GP/F for several weeks now, and I think it's time for a change. My first ideas were Grand Valley East and HSR Reverse since they haven't been picked yet, but it looks like Joby was thinking along the same lines, and I don't want to steal his thunder.

So, my first choice would be High Speed Ring Reverse, but if Jobyone wants to run the Speed 12 there, Grand Valley East would be my second choice. I'll wait and see Joby's choice before I make it official.

Let me try to get a few people to run my combos with me and I will then make my choice:)

Joby, if you don't want to run the cappy on RH then don't pick the RM version. Just use the regular cappy.
But the regular cappy is just a bit to slow;)

Last edited:
I tested the rx7 at Grand Valley East Reverse but choose Rome Reverse for the New Year's Day event simply for the extra track distance. GVE is a great choice for a shorter race.

Yes, there are spots available.

Happy New Year!

I'm not one to tell people what to pick, but I love TVRs and had a blast at the High Speed Ring when we ran it way back in March. . . I was on a controller then. Jeeze.

Spots left, but going fast.

I started a thread for this event.

Please respond there if you would like to race.

New Years Day SNAIL SPEC Racing Mini Enduro's

January 1st, 2013
Room opens at 1:30pm Eastern. Number will be posted in thread.
First Q session starts at 2:00pm Eastern

Open to everyone, but we will be using 2 of the SPEC / Tuning Prohibited cars from the December 30th line-up. We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. Make sure the MAZDA RX7 has been broken in for full power. The Caterham is available from the OCD and only requires an oil change to achieve full power.

Combo 1
Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 (Sports Soft tires)
10 minute Qualifying
25 Laps (approx 45 minutes) at Indy Road Course with tire wear on Fast.

10 minute Break

Combo 2
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 (Sports Hard tires)
10 minute Qualifying
30 laps (approx 45 minutes) at Rome Reverse with tire wear on Fast.

All podium positions will win a car ticket or car of their choice. I have most of the desirable tickets/ cars. Prizes will be send over the next week.

Back