◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
The car is just too unpredictable for me. It stops well but it will understeer into the corner and snap oversteer on one lap. Then the next lap it will oversteer into the corner and understeer out of the corner. Maybe I need to play around with the brake bias or something. Either that or sit those races out next week because it ruined the whole racing experience for me last night.

Well, assuming I'm still in position for prize B after the stewards report (i don't see any reason why i won't be), I will not be picking the Vette. I don't think it would be a good fit for GVE

The car is just too unpredictable for me. It stops well but it will understeer into the corner and snap oversteer on one lap. Then the next lap it will oversteer into the corner and understeer out of the corner. Maybe I need to play around with the brake bias or something. Either that or sit those races out next week because it ruined the whole racing experience for me last night.

The over steer is fixed by not dumping the throttle. I found keeping some tip in on the throttle stabilized it. Now if this works you gotta give me a free pass. ;) lol

Well, assuming I'm still in position for prize B after the stewards report (i don't see any reason why i won't be), I will not be picking the Vette. I don't think it would be a good fit for GVE

What car you thinking? BRZ or one of the triplets? ;)

What my $.0175 is worth.

Have on a seperate page (or window) a list with each Division. You list a car/track combo in your division. The winner of prize A picks a combo from his division. If you win prize B then pick the car or track from your division. This way the winner might see a good combo that someone has listed. I'm sure we all have our favorite car and track that we would like to see run but may never win prize A.
And this way if the winner wins prize A twice in the same month then he can pick a combo from his division.

Not trying to poke a stick in the bee's nest. Just a thought.

The over steer is fixed by not dumping the throttle. I found keeping some tip in on the throttle stabilized it. Now if this works you gotta give me a free pass. ;) lol

Ok maybe I'll hop on tonight and see if that works.

Owens I figured by now you know I usually don't put up too much of a fight when someone gets a good run on me. 👍

We should have a Corvette-themed Monday Mayhem. Go from the straight 6 to the Charlie Brown halloween concept. Just some run what ya' brung as long as it's a vette racing.

Just wanted to double check here, I can't use a driving line tonight? I read that post in the beginning of the thread, but maybe missed the part when it said definitively yea or nay. Thanks!

D5 can use the driving line if requested!

Answering a question from last May? I guess that could be helpful.

What my $.0175 is worth.

Have on a seperate page (or window) a list with each Division. You list a car/track combo in your division. The winner of prize A picks a combo from his division. If you win prize B then pick the car or track from your division. This way the winner might see a good combo that someone has listed. I'm sure we all have our favorite car and track that we would like to see run but may never win prize A.
And this way if the winner wins prize A twice in the same month then he can pick a combo from his division.

Not trying to poke a stick in the bee's nest. Just a thought.

Errr… No.

You might need to work on controlling your throttle or braking in a straight line. With the exception of the occasional hot lap or slip up all my laps were about the same time

I've got some ideas, but nothing concrete yet. Is the OCD in play this week?

Edit: I mean, I know it's always in play, but is it scheduled for a refresh this week?
The thought seems to be that it will refresh wed. It has been the same (other than price) for 4 weeks now.

We should have a Corvette-themed Monday Mayhem. Go from the straight 6 to the Charlie Brown halloween concept. Just some run what ya' brung as long as it's a vette racing.

I can't believe nobody wanted to do this. I thought it sounded fun.

No I don't like the way the c7 proto handles, I love the way it handles. I'm just kinda worried the one they release tomorrow might be botched like they did the enzo

I was wondering what car would be 'fun' on GVE - for close racing, at all levels.

I'm not sure there is one, really.

To each their own.

I'll run it on Sunday - if I can get my internet squared away. Still capped at about 10 minutes connectivity.

Hadn't had a problem until about Saturday evening. :-(

the2armedmen
It doesn't turn as well as it should or go as fast as it should.... Unless I was just that noob when I last drove it lol

I think a Spec Enzo is awesome to drive and handles great. I do however believe the sound was changed with one of the updates and now sounds like crap.

It doesn't turn as well as it should or go as fast as it should.... Unless I was just that noob when I last drove it lol
Compared to what? Not trying to dig at you but I hear this so much. This really fast car understeers or it has snap oversteer.

Well in these fast cars it is so easy to enter a turn at ridiculous speeds. I was driving the Lambo LP 670 the other night and was getting massive understeer in 2nd gear. Of course I was trying to take a 60mph turn at 90. Any production car will likely understeer in that situation. As for the snap oversteer well the Enzo does have over 600hp. And if you turn the traction control off (and don't forget the real car has traction control) of course it will oversteer when you get on the gas just a bit to much.

Now if someone who has actually driven an Enzo in real life with aggression would like to chime in I am all ears on how it compares.

It always amuses me (in a good way) when drivers have such different experiences with the same car. Everything you described about the Caterham is what I would say about the other two cars on Sunday's lineup, but never about the Caterham. To me, the Caterham was extremely predictable and consistent.. a real pleasure to drive. FWIW, I always leave my brake bias at 5/5 so if you changed yours to something significantly different, you might want to give the default setting a try. :)

Can you clarify what "keeping some tip in" means? :dunce:

Compared to what? Not trying to dig at you but I hear this so much. This really fast car understeers or it has snap oversteer.

Well in these fast cars it is so easy to enter a turn at ridiculous speeds. I was driving the Lambo LP 670 the other night and was getting massive understeer in 2nd gear. Of course I was trying to take a 60mph turn at 90. Any production car will likely understeer in that situation. As for the snap oversteer well the Enzo does have over 600hp. And if you turn the traction control off (and don't forget the real car has traction control) of course it will oversteer when you get on the gas just a bit to much.

Now if someone who has actually driven an Enzo in real life with aggression would like to chime in I am all ears on how it compares.

Like I said last time I drove it was as a noob, I haven't actually driven it since I've been improving in snail.

Back