◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Looks like there's a good possibility I won't make it tonight. Still working away on my wife's old Miata and have to go work on it some more tonight. Hopefully I'll make it back in time but the odds are I won't.

What ? Your wife has a Miata ? Sweet and an old one at that. She's a keeper man. :lol:

See you next week if you cannot make it tonight.

So who said Audis are slow? Almost a complete sweep of the podium!!!

Awesome Rolex 24 and Pruett / Memo / JPM drove beatifully!!!

Looks like there's a good possibility I won't make it tonight. Still working away on my wife's old Miata and have to go work on it some more tonight. Hopefully I'll make it back in time but the odds are I won't.

Hopefully you can get it all buttoned up early 👍

Thanks for the notice!

My cold is getting worse and I have to be on the road by 5am tomorrow, I think I'm going to call it an early night instead of racing. Have fun guys.

Its turns out I will be able to race tonight guys. Saying that, can I ask that anyone sends me the Alfa? I've been out all week and dont have time to break one in. Thanks!

I'll most likely be there tonight. Connection has been acting up since yesterday around 3pm. Hopefully it'll straighten out before tonight. If not I'm not going to fight it all night. I'll just watch Shameless instead.

Ganassi definitely had his stuff together this year. That BMW was FAST! I thought Wayne Taylor was going to either have a heart attack or a nervous breakdown with 3 minutes to go. I watched every single minute of tv coverage this year. Proud of myself.

Ganassi definitely had his stuff together this year. That BMW was FAST! I thought Wayne Taylor was going to either have a heart attack or a nervous breakdown with 3 minutes to go. I watched every single minute of tv coverage this year. Proud of myself.

I wonder how many hours of TV commercials that amounts to. It was pretty Ad heavy and they kept missing critcal lead changes 👎:grumpy::ouch:

Check out what I just stumbled upon.
2013-01-27_18-26-24_1.jpg

Shane i no longer have a ps2.

I repurchased GT3 and 4 last year but found Enthusia to be more fun with less time commitment.

Thanks for the practice 2armedman and moperlover. You guys are amusing.. In a good way. It was fun.

I have this idea of building a comprehensive arcade/race rig,so I'm looking to compile as many systems, emulators and games I can get. I'd really like to find some initial d stuff. But that's been kinda elusive.

Hey Gents, it was a short lived blast racing with you guys but life has kind of pulled me in different directions since last year. Therefore please put me on the "gone but may come back later in the year" list.

Also, a while back I read some comments about my performance on GT Academy in Silverstone. Although that chapter in my life is now long gone and over, for those that complimented me, thank you for that, it is much appreciated. For those that made other comments and had questions, all that I will say is that, unfortunately, the way GT Academy is presented on Television is a lot different than what actually happens there, including the "prize" for winning. Many truths are omitted for the sake of pleasing a broad audience and crafting a story, including the reasons why people get eliminated. Weighing nearly 200lbs I gave up in some cases over 8 tenths per lap to the 130lb guys in the 370z's. If you adjust for that you see a much different picture of the speed of the drivers. I was also made to look stupid by some of the comments shown on TV by the judges in the later episodes. All I will say is, if you placed me in the same car and gave me 3 practice laps to learn the balance, and equally weight ballasted us in the cars, I would bet every dollar of my life savings that I would set the fastest lap time, or top 3 in the group, and have the most consistent lap times. The data already proves this but 95% of people just read the raw lap times and make their judgements about drivers. No one at the show seemed to care or be cognizant of the impact of weight. It's for this reason and seeing first hand how much "professional" racing is about bring $$$ to the table than bringing talent to the table that my priorities and mindset have changed quite a bit from the whole experience. Anyway, that's just me keeping it real, and if you know me you know I am not one to make excuses. It is what it is. It was a fun experience driving the cars - I'll leave it at that. Anyway, I'll catch you guys maybe in a couple of months for some fun sim racing.

-Nick

Hey Gents, it was a short lived blast racing with you guys but life has kind of pulled me in different directions since last year. Therefore please put me on the "gone but may come back later in the year" list.

Also, a while back I read some comments about my performance on GT Academy in Silverstone. Although that chapter in my life is now long gone and over, for those that complimented me, thank you for that, it is much appreciated. For those that made other comments and had questions, all that I will say is that, unfortunately, the way GT Academy is presented on Television is a lot different than what actually happens there, including the "prize" for winning. Many truths are omitted for the sake of pleasing a broad audience and crafting a story, including the reasons why people get eliminated. Weighing nearly 200lbs I gave up in some cases over 8 tenths per lap to the 130lb guys in the 370z's. If you adjust for that you see a much different picture of the speed of the drivers. I was also made to look stupid by some of the comments shown on TV by the judges in the later episodes. All I will say is, if you placed me in the same car and gave me 3 practice laps to learn the balance, and equally weight ballasted us in the cars, I would bet every dollar of my life savings that I would set the fastest lap time, or top 3 in the group, and have the most consistent lap times. The data already proves this but 95% of people just read the raw lap times and make their judgements about drivers. No one at the show seemed to care or be cognizant of the impact of weight. It's for this reason and seeing first hand how much "professional" racing is about bring $$$ to the table than bringing talent to the table that my priorities and mindset have changed quite a bit from the whole experience. Anyway, that's just me keeping it real, and if you know me you know I am not one to make excuses. It is what it is. It was a fun experience driving the cars - I'll leave it at that. Anyway, I'll catch you guys maybe in a couple of months for some fun sim racing.

-Nick

That's a shame Nick, hope to see you back racing with us 👍

And thanks for the insight, most of the 'reality' shows have to be taken with a grain of salt. They need to show some drama or edge and will use whatever takes, in or out of context, that they can.

I've read a lot of how to racing books and they ALL say, you need sponsorship to play the game, no ifs ands or buts. So you need to drive fast and be able to market. As you said, it's not good enough to just be fast, sigh.

Forcednduckshn
The best goodbye ever posted.
-Nick

I may have only gotten to race with you on a couple practices, but I still look forward to the next time we share a track 👍

I'm in d1 goofing around in the Caterham on a custom track. It's pretty fun! Just imagine... Bowled corners... In the Caterham....

Racing at the professional level is absolutly about what you can bring to the table in the form of money or sponsorship. Just ask Paul Menard why he is in a race car. The fact that GT Academy didn't adjust the weight of the cars dependant on the driver is just another reason the competition lacks credibility. Every racing series I have ever participated in as a driver has had a minimum weight rule with the driver in the car. It only makes sense that 100 lbs or more would make a huge difference in performance.

If you want to have some fun with racing, find a dirt track or a small paved oval that offers a 4 cylinder class and runs weekly. The car is cheap to build and you can have a blast doing it. You won't make a career out of it, but you will have the time of your life. Maybe not your life, Nick (you raced at Silverstone), but the time of most guy's lives.

SNAIL,
I have open up my catch all album of SNAIL Racing pictures mostly from D4, but there are pictures of SCARGOT, D5 and Wednesday Practice. Feel free to use it if it helps SNAIL in any way.

There are 455 + pictures in the Album.

Enjoy!

SNAILNov412018.jpg

any chance someone can send me the alfa broken in. i am breaking mine in, but not sure it will be ready, let alone i havent driven it or the caterham at autumn ring

I'm hoping to be able to race tonight but we've got really dense fog here and it seems to be messing with my internet connection/speed. I'll give it a go but there's a good chance that I'll either get disconnected from time to time or at least not have any mic capabilities. I might not be the guy to coordinate things tonight.

…Just a heads up…

I'm hoping to be able to race tonight but we've got really dense fog here and it seems to be messing with my internet connection/speed. I'll give it a go but there's a good chance that I'll either get disconnected from time to time or at least not have any mic capabilities. I might not be the guy to coordinate things tonight.

…Just a heads up…

I can host if needed. Or coordinate. Lemme know if I can help

I'm done with this crap tonight. Maybe for good.

D1 tonight was utterly embarrassing. I've had 100% cleaner racing in open lobbies. I don't need this. Nor will I be involved with it.

Redsox. That smack you did intentionally shoving me was crap and should result in being expelled from the series. Malicious driving is not wanted or needed.

Pole
Race 1: QwietStorm03
Race 2: GTP_Worst_Driver

Here is race 1 of 1
271C832B-A996-4C19-9191-379513B2BF8C-11740-000009FE2B56023A.jpg

2 of 1
67DA7017-B4F5-4DF7-B529-CBE088C375CB-11740-000009FE374BA92B.jpg

Tied for 1st with race fan headed into last two races and lag decides to pop it's head in and say can I ruin your night, my vote is for combo 3

I'm with Owens...I have had cleaner racing in public lobbies. I'm glad we are taking a break next week for the SuperBowl or like Owens I might be done for good too. I don't have a solution to the over aggressive driving but I have an idea the cause of it.

Back