◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,533 comments
Apmaddock or anyone else that knows where it is. I am not able to find the stewards post for the races that took place on Jan. 20. Does it exist and if so, where is it? If it doesn't exist yet, can it be created? I'm working on catching up the penalty history post that I said I would get to sometime last week.

Is this what your looking for?

I think you're missing much of the point, danger.

I could, for instance, pick the FGT to (all but) guarantee a win for one race. I would then have to divide up the remaining PP through the other three races. I'd probably lose those, but I guess that's my strategy.

Having a PP range dictated for one race would keep things closer but eliminate that aspect.

Oh my bad

Some baseball stuff:crazy:

I'd say to leave the draft idea on the table for a one-off event or a "restricted entry" type event.

(P.S. I'd love to join this, at least from time to time, depending on the day chosen)

I echo Apmaddocks sentiment. Having a draft would all but eliminate the guy who found out early in the day that he doesn't have anything else to do so he's going to race. I would be one of those guys and I never know when I'm going to be able to race or not except for Sunday's. Going the other way, if someone showed up to draft but then couldn't race, four cars are just wasted for the week.

If you want to keep variety in the series, I would suggest running the same four tracks for a month but not allowing any driver to use the same model car twice in a month.

You both make good points about the draft. I was thinking of this as a one an done event but if people like it it would be fun to run weekly. I think keeping the tracks and saying no repeat cars would be fun.

Here's an idea that I have, I say that the winner if the week before chooses a pp range that the cars have to be in (such as 300-315), but he would only announce it around three hours before the races. This way that you could only get one car broken in and then have a little bit of time to choose which car you'll use for a certain track

I think you're missing much of the point, danger.

I could, for instance, pick the FGT to (all but) guarantee a win for one race. I would then have to divide up the remaining PP through the other three races. I'd probably lose those, but I guess that's my strategy.

Having a PP range dictated for one race would keep things closer but eliminate that aspect.
Danger, Ap's response nails the idea really well. That being said rather than limit the PP range you suggested we could change the cap. So one week it could be 1600 the next 1500 then say 1800. It might add some variety. On the other hand Bowlers idea would keep the variety going also.

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone
2. Driftin_Assassin
3. Tezgm99 (Blue ...no yellooooooo)
4. Dangerzone641 (Youth is wasted on the young)
5. Zer05ive (he is so needy)
6. Wolfsatz (I take pretty Pictures)
7. Apmaddock
8. JLBowler

dangerzone641
Well remember the update that ruined the lotus at autumn ring combo, well it added like a second to the time, so the trial you do might be a few seconds slower than it would've been without the update

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

kcheeb
All the tt's every driver has submitted is saved :)

Remember, I love data 👍

And we love you 👍

So has the weekly lineup changed? I see Hill and Dabney may switch...but I see Joby is thinking of something.

What's going on?

So has the weekly lineup changed? I see Hill and Dabney may switch...but I see Joby is thinking of something.

What's going on?

At this time nothing has been formalized... I think we are just on the brainstorming phase to replace the emptyness of Saturday if days get swapped.

Apmaddock or anyone else that knows where it is. I am not able to find the stewards post for the races that took place on Jan. 20. Does it exist and if so, where is it? If it doesn't exist yet, can it be created? I'm working on catching up the penalty history post that I said I would get to sometime last week.

It hasn't been done because it took so long for the D4 videos to be uploaded that nobody (myself included) looked at the complaint. Also, my one day this week where I had time to do it (other than while racing last night :sly: ) was "ruined" by a snow day where my wife and daughter were home using the television.

I have more excuses if you'd like to hear them.

At this time nothing has been formalized... I think we are just on the brainstorming phase to replace the emptyness of Saturday if days get swapped.

Friday. Saturday is SPEC. That's not changing.

I stand corrected. So the day that has opened is Fridays.

Joby are you available for this time frame on Friday?

Maybe Friday is opening. Hill and I are going to talk about switching Friday and Tuesday, so stay tuned.

It hasn't been done because it took so long for the D4 videos to be uploaded that nobody (myself included) looked at the complaint. Also, my one day this week where I had time to do it (other than while racing last night :sly: ) was "ruined" by a snow day where my wife and daughter were home using the television.

I have more excuses if you'd like to hear them.

I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it. The post in the stewards area is updated through the races of the 13th. Thank you to Oshawa-Joe for handling that in my absence.

I stand corrected. So the day that has opened is Fridays.

Joby are you available for this time frame on Friday?
My thought really was for this to be a one time deal so I would make time for it whenever. If it takes on a life of its own (and I hope it does) Go with what is best for the group.

Well remember the update that ruined the lotus at autumn ring combo, well it added like a second to the time, so the trial you do might be a few seconds slower than it would've been without the update

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

That update could have caused us some serious grief, but as it turns out the times weren't substantially different. Even though there were a lot of reports of people not able to run nearly as fast as pre-update :confused: At any rate we're running with the data we have and it seems to be working 👍

And we love you 👍

:odd: That's in a fellow S.N.A.I.L. Racer kind of way right :lol:

My thought really was for this to be a one time deal so I would make time for it whenever. If it takes on a life of its own (and I hope it does) Go with what is best for the group.

I'd love for this to take on a life of its own 👍

I'm interested but it will mostly depend on when we can make it happen. Our schedule is pretty full 👍

Currently, the only open time is Saturday or Sunday afternoon. May not work for a lot of people. Running the same night as another S.N.A.I.L. event would create too much conflict.

Sorry for the double post :nervous:

I'd love for this to take on a life of its own 👍

Our schedule is pretty full 👍

Currently, the only open time is Saturday or Sunday afternoon. May not work for a lot of people. Running the same night as another S.N.A.I.L. event would create too much conflict.

Sorry for the double post :nervous:
That is why I was thinking of a one time special event. Perhaps slot it in between a season of one of the other series or on as a one time Monday event. Although running it on the weekend first to just give it a try

jobyone
That is why I was thinking of a one time special event. Perhaps slot it in between a season of one of the other series or on as a one time Monday event. Although running it on the weekend first to just give it a try

Great ideas, still would like it to be recurring though.

Most of our events have down time between seasons, there's a couple of slots to run it. Downside is varying nights.

Great ideas, still would like it to be recurring though.

Most of our events have down time between seasons, there's a couple of slots to run it. Downside is varying nights.

The original post is here and has my original thoughts.

The consensus seems to be keep the cars secret but other than that people seem to like the idea.

Lets try to find a night to do this. Do any of our scheduled events have a break coming up in the next week or so?

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone
2. Driftin_Assassin (If an Assassin drifts on a track does anyone see it?)
5. Zer05ive (He is so needy)
7. Apmaddock
8. JLBowler
9. kcheeb (He herds S.N.A.I.L.s)

Last edited:
For those of us who are not on the thread frequently, I ask the following question:
"What are you talking about?" A Draft?, Secret Car Selections? ...... sounds intriguing, but searching thru the previous pages does not reveal the "source of the Mississippi" that is flowing past us right now.

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone (Master Kenobi)
2. Driftin_Assassin (If an Assassin drifts on a track does anyone see it?)
5. Zer05ive (He is so needy)
7. Apmaddock
8. JLBowler
9. kcheeb (He herds S.N.A.I.L.s)
Joby One Kenobi

For those of us who are not on the thread frequently, I ask the following question:
"What are you talking about?" A Draft?, Secret Car Selections? ...... sounds intriguing, but searching thru the previous pages does not reveal the "source of the Mississippi" that is flowing past us right now.
The idea is this.

4 Races (20 minutes each)
4 Tracks (thinking Spa, Daytona Road Course, Tsukuba, Luguna Seca although I am open to which tracks we run)
4 Cars.

So far pretty straight forward. Here is where it gets interesting (I Hope)

Each competitor gets to choose his own cars
The total PP of all the cars (with Oil Change and Break-in) can not exceed 1600 PP. No limiting will be allowed.

Additionally each competitor must drive cars with 4 different layouts. So everyone must drive one of each of these:

Front engine Front wheel drive
Front engine Rear wheel drive
Mid Engine Rear wheel drive (A rear engine Rear wheel drive counts)
4 wheel drive (any engine layout)

So each car can only be used in one race and it will be up to the competitor to choose which car they use for each race.

The idea is to throw a bit of strategy in to the night both in your choice of cars but also in which tracks you choose to use the cars on.

Pts would be scored with the usual method (16 - 1st, 15 - 2nd…) There will only be one qualifying period at the beginning (4 pts for pole) and after the first race we would switch to reverse grid for the rest of the races.

Now that you know you want to take part right Tex;)

hello i do te time trial and send to keeb and i send ya the friend reques to zer05ive but i dont recibe the answer yep im doing something wrong please helpme.

hello i do te time trial and send to keeb and i send ya the friend reques to zer05ive but i dont recibe the answer yep im doing something wrong please helpme.
If you have sent the time trial to Kcheeb he will get back to you with the information you need. When did you send it to him?

Now that you know you want to take part right Tex;)

It sure sounds inviting - Have you settled on a night?, or is it still floating around? I'd be back on the Learning Curve for sure - in the Strategy Dept.
Put me down as an definite maybe?

Last edited:
Hi JESter82178,

Thanks for your interest! As you can probably see by the multiple replies to your question we have a friendly and helpful group here.

Been reading up on the league. This looks like a lot of fun and really well organized. Having only really raced online in the open lobby up until now, it looks like this will be a much better experience. (not really fun when it's basically a demo derby all the time)

I'll be doing my time trial this weekend. I am seeing already I have a lot to learn about driving in GT5, but the challenge should be awesome.

Thanks again - this seems like a really great community of racers.

Hi JESter82178,

Thanks for your interest! As you can probably see by the multiple replies to your question we have a friendly and helpful group here.

Been reading up on the league. This looks like a lot of fun and really well organized. Having only really raced online in the open lobby up until now, it looks like this will be a much better experience. (not really fun when it's basically a demo derby all the time)

I'll be doing my time trial this weekend. I am seeing already I have a lot to learn about driving in GT5, but the challenge should be awesome.

Thanks again - this seems like a really great community of racers.

This is the best racing experience I have ever found. Helpful, Competitive, Self-judging, and with 5 Divisions to race in, we are racing against people of our same skill and speed level. You will find your online racing abilities improve IF you stay with it.
Good luck with your Time Trial - hope to see you on the track sometime.

Back