◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,665 comments
As long as D1 is squared away...

Hosts should start on time tonight. The only reason to delay start is to allow a driver already in the lobby their 3 minutes to sort out connection issues

Scores for 7/7 transferred to Data.

July 7th Standings.png

D2 replays uploaded.

Please watch the D2 round 1, race 1 replay. You can see that Turtlesoup was teleporting severely during the race. My Ps5 is hardwired, and I have an excellent connection.
we had a bit of this in D1 as well, nic scared the Channa out of me in the first race lol

D2 replays uploaded.

Please watch the D2 round 1, race 1 replay. You can see that Turtlesoup was teleporting severely during the race. My Ps5 is hardwired, and I have an excellent connection.
pal....after asking 3 times during the races and me asking and confirming no-one else is seeing me like that I think you should check your internet

pal....after asking 3 times during the races and me asking and confirming no-one else is seeing me like that I think you should check your internet
Sometimes it's some sort of compatability issue, I think. I apologize for being so technical. There are however some easy steps we can take take before jumping into our race lobby Sunday nights. I will post it later and perhaps send out reminders Sunday afternoons.

Just had a look at the replay for an IR and your car is all over the place. Driving off in straight lines and then teleporting back to it's actual location. This is an absolute sign of lag that could be due to your connection or your connection to the others in the room, specifically the individual that shared the replay, or it could just be a result of your ping time to the others in the room.

Please have a look at the steps that @Oshawa-Joe shares and complete them. Also check out this link. It may be a little dated but it's a good place to start.

This last part goes for everyone. If any part of your connection is wireless, get it hardwired. This will allow for a better experience for all involved.

Just had a look at the replay for an IR and your car is all over the place. Driving off in straight lines and then teleporting back to it's actual location. This is an absolute sign of lag that could be due to your connection or your connection to the others in the room, specifically the individual that shared the replay, or it could just be a result of your ping time to the others in the room.

Please have a look at the steps that @Oshawa-Joe shares and complete them. Also check out this link. It may be a little dated but it's a good place to start.

This last part goes for everyone. If any part of your connection is wireless, get it hardwired. This will allow for a better experience for all involved.
Can the reply be shared with me?

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on July 14, 2024

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  2. Rasta_Senpai ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. smoove_cuda ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - Prize A
  4. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize C
  5. Kakalaylay -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. DRD_Niagara ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. guitarmankhan ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. yuhboiari --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 2
  1. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - Prize B
  3. DRGNWGN ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Tex_Hill ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. beck7_868 --------- did not submit a vote
  6. es_danny868 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
  8. Flyingdisc315 ----- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car (RH) at Nurburgring Sprint - S01 Afternoon (10 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Smoove_cuda wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT (RH) at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta - S13 Late Morning (11 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Dragonwhisky gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Kgffy so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:

Agree. Back when I had relied on Wi-Fi without hard wire Ethernet my car would be jumpy even if I didn't see it but others would. My lagging stopped after I switched to hard line. Well worth the price to help improve race experience online. Hard wire direct line connection is much more stable with barely any lag and less ping time along with much faster online speed.

Last edited:
I have a 1Gb/1Gb fiber connection through AT&T, and my PS5 is hardwired to my Asus gaming router. My stepson is a network engineer. He and I went through all of the network settings on my PS5 and router last night, and he said that there is no way that my internet connection, router settings, or PS5 settings are the issue. He did say that there is a possibility of a DNS conflict between you and me. Doesn't mean that either one of us has a bad connection, just that our DNS settings are such that data is not going to the right address. So, I did make a change to my DNS settings last night.

Back