◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,409 comments
Scores for 7/21 copied to Data

July 21st Standings.png

Practice was fun but, I am so tired by 930 est that it very hard to race well at that time. I hope you guys had some great races and looking forward to recap photos .
Agreed. I really struggled with concentration and eye-sight blurring after the first round last night. My Sunday eve performances typically depend on how busy of a day I've had before it. Glad to see you around for practice though! Hope you can make it back in because the grids are growing and it's a great sight!

@Buffalo_DRD claiming he's running for D2 but sits comfortably in 4th in the season's standings in D1.

@Akzl298 glad to see you made your rare appearance last night. Next time will be in December?

@Kgffy I felt you were too kind to me in the final round with the Renault. You could've made me work for a position or two ;). Great racing with you again. Also, maybe that Grove guy can race with us sometime and stream the league. It may boost numbers! Imagine 3 divisions!

@Nicktune typically Verstappen'n the whole field - great runs!

@DublDee Glad to see you back on the grid. Great racing!

@DublDee Glad to see you back on the grid. Great racing!
[/QUOTE]

Cannot believe I fell for the pit wall fail while attached to your back bumper…..great move btw!
It felt good racing again, but man am I rusty, not to mention I had literally zero practice, other than a few laps in the warmup room. Next week will be better, I hope lol

Last edited:
@DublDee

That had me rolling on the last lap. I didn't even plan on it being a move! I just wanted the inside line for T1. That killed me. Did you take anyone else out with that??

That was an intense race. @JamCar0ne for the first few laps, then you, then Nick at the end. I didn't have a chance to find any sense of rhythm

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on July 21, 2024

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  2. smoove_cuda ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. DRD_Niagara ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - Prize A
  5. Rasta_Senpai ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize C
  7. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Kakalaylay -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. AKZL298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. yuhboiari --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  14. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  2. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. DRGNWGN ----------- did not submit a vote
  4. Cdn_Sweet_Tee ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - Prize B
  5. es_danny868 ------- did not submit a vote
  6. SlimReaper1974 ---- did not submit a vote
  7. cesarr64 ---------- did not submit a vote
  8. Tex_Hill ---------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT (RH) at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - S01 Sunset (11 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Buffalo_DRD wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Toyota 86 GT '15 (SH) at Grand Valley South - S01 Afternoon (11 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CdnSweetTee gets Prize B, she has the option to freeze the car or the track, or she can give that option to the Prize C winner. If she gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @A_Higher_Place so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
@Marcus Garvey . I swear I don't know WTF might be different but my warmup room got inherited when I left. @Salty Toloom had it when I looked last.
No idea. I saw the video in the other thread, which is the thread that prompted me to want to test it to begin with.

Unfortunately, it not only appears to be inconsistent, but the game does not display whether the room is fixed host or not. So when a host leaves, nobody seems to know whether the room will continue or not until it happens.

I would expect a true p2p room without a fixed host to provide a better experience in regards to other players lagging, which would explain the reduced amount of jitter you saw on Sunday, if the room was in fact not fixed host. The problem is there is no way to predict or to know when the room is fixed or not.

These factors shouldn't influence a decision whether to run the rooms on Sunday as friends or public lobby, as it seems that 95% of the lobbies are run as fixed host, and on rare occasions it is not fixed. So you could run friends only, and the connection quality should be no different than the 95% of the time it is a fixed host in a public lobby.

Though, running practice sessions in public lobbies is probably still the #1 avenue for recruitment. Pub sent me snail stickers a few years ago, I'll have to find some more or have some made for the race car. IIRC snailracing.org is long defunct, though. gtplanet.net/snail is the most direct address I think.

Been super busy, at IROC this past weekend helping a close friend in historic trans am(and two miatas.) The race car is on the lift right now. But I promise one of these days I'll get to reply to the posts regarding tyre heating and at least one or two pms I haven't gotten to yet.

No idea. I saw the video in the other thread, which is the thread that prompted me to want to test it to begin with.

Unfortunately, it not only appears to be inconsistent, but the game does not display whether the room is fixed host or not. So when a host leaves, nobody seems to know whether the room will continue or not until it happens.

I would expect a true p2p room without a fixed host to provide a better experience in regards to other players lagging, which would explain the reduced amount of jitter you saw on Sunday, if the room was in fact not fixed host. The problem is there is no way to predict or to know when the room is fixed or not.

These factors shouldn't influence a decision whether to run the rooms on Sunday as friends or public lobby, as it seems that 95% of the lobbies are run as fixed host, and on rare occasions it is not fixed. So you could run friends only, and the connection quality should be no different than the 95% of the time it is a fixed host in a public lobby.

Though, running practice sessions in public lobbies is probably still the #1 avenue for recruitment. Pub sent me snail stickers a few years ago, I'll have to find some more or have some made for the race car. IIRC snailracing.org is long defunct, though. gtplanet.net/snail is the most direct address I think.

Been super busy, at IROC this past weekend helping a close friend in historic trans am(and two miatas.) The race car is on the lift right now. But I promise one of these days I'll get to reply to the posts regarding tyre heating and at least one or two pms I haven't gotten to yet.
wow pubson, i wonder how the "rub a pub" is doing....

I remember the orange mango guys fondly

GoDaddy wants $3,900 for the snailracing.org domain name.

1721767153023.png

Niagara's Weekly What I Saw Column:
20240721 Edition

The grid continues to grow. We had 14 drivers participate in D1 and another 8 in D2. Let's keep momentum going.

I saw the Toyoya 86 returned for it's 5th week (and final week?) @JamCar0ne leading the grid at the opening turns of C1R2.
SHARE_20240724_0240320.jpeg

I saw @Fudman420 and @Kgffy trying to stay ahead of this choatic peleton.
SHARE_20240724_0233020.jpeg

Unfortunately, tragedy struck once again near the end of lap 10 of 11 in C1R2. @A_Higher_Place was leading @DublDee in a very intense battle.
SHARE_20240724_0233310.jpeg

Feeling intense pressure from @DublDee , @A_Higher_Place is shown taking an odd racing line towards the pit entry wall, before steering over to the left at the last moment.
SHARE_20240724_0234090.jpeg

Perhaps with his view slightly obstructed from being on @A_Higher_Place 's bumper, @DublDee hits the pit entry wall which shears his car in half. This wall is built to have a little give in it but the replay shows that @DublDee hit it at 168 km/h. He is killed immediately.
SHARE_20240724_0234320.jpeg

I was running about 10 seconds behind and knew something horrific had occurred when I got there.

There are many unanswered questions with respect to these events and of @A_Higher_Place 's true intentions. Was this random / accidental or did @A_Higher_Place purposely adopt this dangerous racing line in hopes of relieving the pressure? Only @A_Higher_Place and his conscious know the true answers.

@A_Higher_Place ended up holding off a hard charging @Nicktune to claim the win.

Afterwards, the rest of the grid joined @DublDee 's family and friends for a candlelight vigil on pitlane while @A_Higher_Place was celebrating his win at the local bar.

Moving on...

Laguna Seca is hit and miss for me. I found Combo 2 pretty complicated.
SHARE_20240724_0235060.jpeg

I sensed an opportunity in the early laps of gaining a spot going uphill before the corkscrew and failed to stop my car in time. Replay shows I bumped @JamCar0ne into the sand. I made sure to continue my race from the very back of the grid and I'll use it as a learning experience.

I saw just about every car go off at some point during these races. Captured here going off are @racingchamp30 and @yuhboiari .
SHARE_20240724_0235320.jpeg

Although I somehow managed a podium in one of these races, the rest of my thoughts on this combo can be found in this little brown cabin on the right side of this picture.
SHARE_20240724_0235560.jpeg

I saw all 14 drivers continue on for the 3rd combo which was my favorite of the night.
SHARE_20240724_0236260.jpeg

Lap 11 of 11 in C3R1 was perhaps the lap of my career. Sitting 3rd, with a 6 second lead on @Salty Toloom who is running 4th, I made a silly unforced error near the end of lap 10 and saw @Salty Toloom pass me. He then went a little wide in a couple early turns in lap 12 which allowed us to have a really tight final lap. I ended up barely regaining the final podium spot.
SHARE_20240724_0237060.jpeg

I believe this is @Fudman420 and @basswerks1 sporting what I thought were the prettiest liveries in this combo.
SHARE_20240724_0237300.jpeg

Thanks for your patience.
See at the Car-Show.

Niagara's Weekly What I Saw Column:
20240721 Edition

The grid continues to grow. We had 14 drivers participate in D1 and another 8 in D2. Let's keep momentum going.

I saw the Toyoya 86 returned for it's 5th week (and final week?) @JamCar0ne leading the grid at the opening turns of C1R2.
View attachment 1374868

I saw @Fudman420 and @Kgffy trying to stay ahead of this choatic peleton.
View attachment 1374869

Unfortunately, tragedy struck once again near the end of lap 10 of 11 in C1R2. @A_Higher_Place was leading @DublDee in a very intense battle.
View attachment 1374870

Feeling intense pressure from @DublDee , @A_Higher_Place is shown taking an odd racing line towards the pit entry wall, before steering over to the left at the last moment.
View attachment 1374871

Perhaps with his view slightly obstructed from being on @A_Higher_Place 's bumper, @DublDee hits the pit entry wall which shears his car in half. This wall is built to have a little give in it but the replay shows that @DublDee hit it at 168 km/h. He is killed immediately.
View attachment 1374872
I was running about 10 seconds behind and knew something horrific had occurred when I got there.

There are many unanswered questions with respect to these events and of @A_Higher_Place 's true intentions. Was this random / accidental or did @A_Higher_Place purposely adopt this dangerous racing line in hopes of relieving the pressure? Only @A_Higher_Place and his conscious know the true answers.

@A_Higher_Place ended up holding off a hard charging @Nicktune to claim the win.

Afterwards, the rest of the grid joined @DublDee 's family and friends for a candlelight vigil on pitlane while @A_Higher_Place was celebrating his win at the local bar.

Moving on...

Laguna Seca is hit and miss for me. I found Combo 2 pretty complicated.
View attachment 1374874
I sensed an opportunity in the early laps of gaining a spot going uphill before the corkscrew and failed to stop my car in time. Replay shows I bumped @JamCar0ne into the sand. I made sure to continue my race from the very back of the grid and I'll use it as a learning experience.

I saw just about every car go off at some point during these races. Captured here going off are @racingchamp30 and @yuhboiari .
View attachment 1374875

Although I somehow managed a podium in one of these races, the rest of my thoughts on this combo can be found in this little brown cabin on the right side of this picture.
View attachment 1374876

I saw all 14 drivers continue on for the 3rd combo which was my favorite of the night.
View attachment 1374877

Lap 11 of 11 in C3R1 was perhaps the lap of my career. Sitting 3rd, with a 6 second lead on @Salty Toloom who is running 4th, I made a silly unforced error near the end of lap 10 and saw @Salty Toloom pass me. He then went a little wide in a couple early turns in lap 12 which allowed us to have a really tight final lap. I ended up barely regaining the final podium spot.
View attachment 1374878

I believe this is @Fudman420 and @basswerks1 sporting what I thought were the prettiest liveries in this combo.
View attachment 1374881

Thanks for your patience.
See at the Car-Show.
great work as usual

And now for something completely different...
Prize A:
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500 '16 Gr.2
RM Tires

Daytona Road Course
Night / S09 Humid & Sunny with lots of Clouds

My best guess as to a mid division time is approx 1:41.000

Not sure how popular this will be but it's something I don't recall doing in my time as a Snail.

And now for something completely different...
Prize A:
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500 '16 Gr.2
RM Tires

Daytona Road Course
Night / S09 Humid & Sunny with lots of Clouds

My best guess as to a mid division time is approx 1:41.000

Not sure how popular this will be but it's something I don't recall doing in my time as a Snail.
Is it RM or RS tyre? Great track choice for it. Don't think I've run a Gr2 in Snail yet.

Back