♦SNAIL WRRC (CLOSED)PS4 

• Thread starter Lessen
  • 3,864 comments
I'm new to this voting system. Is car 1 the BMW and car 2 the Mercedes?

If so that sucks...I want to replace the Mercedes but the replacement cars for it do not appeal to me. I'd like to replace the Mercedes with one of BMW replacement options :)

Btw, does the game tell lapped traffic to move over? I've always thought lapped traffic should try to move aside especially if a battle for position is happening.

Also, an etiquette question. A couple of times last night people spun in front of me and I inadvertently ran into them. I kept going but was I supposed to wait up?

Last thing, on the start of the second Spa race my car apparently got a better start than a couple of cars in front of me and I passed them right after the light turned green. I didn't know if they got a bad start but I just kept my foot down assuming it was ok?

I'm new to this voting system. Is car 1 the BMW and car 2 the Mercedes?

Correct sir.

Btw, does the game tell lapped traffic to move over? I've always thought lapped traffic should try to move aside especially if a battle for position is happening.

Also, an etiquette question. A couple of times last night people spun in front of me and I inadvertently ran into them. I kept going but was I supposed to wait up?

Last thing, on the start of the second Spa race my car apparently got a better start than a couple of cars in front of me and I passed them right after the light turned green. I didn't know if they got a bad start but I just kept my foot down assuming it was ok?

We race with penalties and flags off so we won't see any blue flags. I'll look into any options but we definitely won't have any game induced penalties turned on. That would be worse.

There's no reason you should stop for somebody who spun themselves out. If it's unassisted you've done nothing wrong.

I saw that. It looked like you jumped the start to me. In this game that IS possible. If penalties were turned ON, the game would have automatically disqualified you.

Yes, the game will show a blue flag and warn you of faster cars aproaching behind you. when in the situation I usually let the leaders through, but I can understand the want to stay on the lead lap.

I will have to look at the tape but under that situation you usually don't have to wait up because you were not the cause of the accident

Good job on the great start, keep to the throttle as long as it's safe.

Last edited:
How is it possible to jump the start? The cars are all speed limited until the light turns green. I had the pedal down and when the green light came on my car took off at that exact moment.

How is it possible to jump the start? The cars are all speed limited until the light turns green. I had the pedal down and when the green light came on my car took off at that exact moment.

Ahh, my bad. I was thinking standing starts. We should always be using standing starts. Last night got a little goofy because we were going to try a manual start at Silver Classic, but never changed that setting back.

@swjaxon

Ahh, my bad. I was thinking standing starts. We should always be using standing starts. Last night got a little goofy because we were going to try a manual start at Silver Classic, but never changed that setting back.

@swjaxon
Yeah that was my bad,with all the glitches I was just glad to finally get to race,thanks everyone for the turn out and the patience last night,I had a blast.Also don't forget to vote for the next car/track option,the more votes the better,as we continue we'll get these bugs worked out :cheers:

@irmopars,if you have the replays from last night will you please look and see what I am doing wrong or see what I need to do to get more competitive,I would greatly appreciate the advice

Hi all, the GT4 league I was in finished yesterday and it is my wish to come back to WRRC if there's room available.

Always room :) we'll expand if necessary.

You may want to take a read through the OP. A bit has changed.

If so that sucks...I want to replace the Mercedes but the replacement cars for it do not appeal to me. I'd like to replace the Mercedes with one of BMW replacement options :)

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the options. :cheers: So, what is more important, to pick a car to drop or pick a car I wish to drive? Hmmmm.

Fun racing last night, look forward to next week.

Yes, the game will show a blue flag and warn you of faster cars aproaching behind you. when in the situation I usually let the leaders through, but I can understand the want to stay on the lead lap.

I'm almost certain I was guilty of holding up a couple of people that were lapping me at Silverstone last night. I apologize, I know one was Mopars for sure because I remember the name over the car when he went by. I don't remember seeing a blue flag anywhere but it was my first ever race in Pcars so I'm sure I missed a few things. If I had realized I was being lapped I would have moved out of the way as soon as safe to do so. I didn't see, or maybe there is a different setting, where it shows all the positions by name like in GT6. The only thing I saw telling where any of the other drivers are was the bottom left where it showed the blue and green names that are in front and behind you.
Sorry again to any of you that I got in your way last night, I just need a few more races and a bit more time on the platform and hopefully that will result in an increased pace.

@aerolite , I thought you did very well last night. We battled for a while and you were clean, no issues. You can turn on a map view. I am not at my game so I do not know where or how. Can someone else lend a hand here.

Your driving may be a concern to you but the biggest concern about last night was, Did you have fun? (hopefully, yes so we can see you again next week)

@aerolite , I thought you did very well last night. We battled for a while and you were clean, no issues. You can turn on a map view. I am not at my game so I do not know where or how. Can someone else lend a hand here.

Your driving may be a concern to you but the biggest concern about last night was, Did you have fun? (hopefully, yes so we can see you again next week)

Thanks Cape. To be honest, I didn't have much fun last night, but I know it was just the first race night for me and I'm not about to give up. Kind of like when I first started in RCS.

I did have the partial map up and it shows the blue and green dots to go with the driver names by the lap count. But the rest of the cars are just white dots and you can't tell who is lapping others. I will have another look around at settings to see if there is something I'm missing.

@aerolite this game is just an order of magnitude more complicated than it needs to be. It sure is a hard pill to swallow to get some of the features that make it so cool.

You did not hold me up last night. It was someone else.

This game feels so much different than GT. It's harder to be consistent because it is so much more realistic. GT is comparatively easy in the way an arcade game is easy. So us new guys who get on once a week just have a hard time getting in the groove.

So, unfortunately the only options under the Flags and Panalties setting are On or Off. I was hoping for something like "Flags Only", but no dice.

The only thing I can really suggest concerning lapped traffic is to simply know your competition and their liveries. For instance... For several weeks now I've been trying to stay with a blue/white theme when choosing a livery in hopes that would eventually become synonomous with me on-track. Obviously, that's not always going to work out I'm sure, but it's at least some attempt at normalcy. Also, if we're running cars with headlights it would be completely appropriate for the lapping driver to flash. Obviously, abuse of this would be frowned upon if used inappropriately.

But... hopefully if we keep growing we can split into two divisions and lapping will be less likely of a situation.

Well doesn't the color of the dot of the driver directly in front and behind you turn red and blue on the map?

Well doesn't the color of the dot of the driver directly in front and behind you turn red and blue on the map?

Hmmm... Not necessarily "directly" behind you. The cars that are "scored" behind or forward of you are colored. This is a good point. If the dot in front or behind you is WHITE, then it's NOT a car you're racing for position. 👍

I think....

Hmmm... Not necessarily "directly" behind you. The cars that are "scored" behind or forward of you are colored. This is a good point. If the dot in front or behind you is WHITE, then it's NOT a car you're racing for position. 👍

I think....
That is correct,if the dot is white it's not a car you are racing for position

@aerolite this game is just an order of magnitude more complicated than it needs to be. It sure is a hard pill to swallow to get some of the features that make it so cool.

You did not hold me up last night. It was someone else.

This game feels so much different than GT. It's harder to be consistent because it is so much more realistic. GT is comparatively easy in the way an arcade game is easy. So us new guys who get on once a week just have a hard time getting in the groove.
He's most likely talking about me. I was a rolling roadblock last nite, and my apologies to all who it impacted. I struggled not only with the car and tracks, but the HUD etc. trying to figure out what info was available and where. Yes trying to figure out the inset map and the icons was a challenge also.

I do want to say something cool about PCars even though it is a work in progress. This is a driving pleasure that GT6 cannot duplicate...

While driving the BMW at Silverstone, on the very last corner of every lap, I am flat out...getting ready to up shift. The car is just over the edge of traction and barely rotating at about 5 degrees at over 100mph. It's almost like a controlled drift where you need to counter steer ever so slightly for probably 50-60yds. It's just so satisfying to hear the revs rise as the rear wheels lose traction, counter steer just a little and keep your foot to the floor.

Just a cool little moment that GT6 can never achieve.

So....

Who's using which views to race?

I've completely settled on helmet view minus the helmet. I love the tunnel vision effect, the shake, the cool factor in other words. :)

Back