♦SNAIL WRRC (CLOSED)PS4 

• Thread starter Lessen
  • 3,864 comments
I'm trying to figure out how the **** you would have known that but then I remembered you can see what your friends are doing, lol. Had no dc problems, though Mike got booted once.
I did spend a lot of time on that track today, but testing my RPi adapter unit using a bunch of different ffb settings. Then figuring the game out a bit more with the tips from @JoeW and the ffb page from @TheFilapino, thanks guys! Wasn't sure what settings we could play with that would stay in the no tuning lobby, but I think I have that all figured out as well.
But still, ya thanks alot @Lessen, now I gotta start all over, lol. I spent a fair bit of time with @Mike Lobban at Sakitto yesterday. I am finally starting to get a bit of a feel for pCars, it is so different from GT6. The biggest gripe I have is Lobban beating me, but that, in due time, will change, lol.
It was a good day to stay inside and play with pCars, it was -40 in the wind today, ya should of heard Lobban whining!
I was glad to help but I'll be honest, I barely have a clue what 99% of those FFB settings do. I leave the car settings alone and just change the wheel settings per the experts on the PCars G29 settings forum.

The only good thing about racing in the chaos that is public lobbies, is that it really tests your reaction to the unexpected. Drivers swerving in the middle of the corner, dramatic slowdowns no apparent reason, unexpected spins. I can't say it was a total loss. At any rate, the open practice is good. If I could drive the kart consistently I might be able to hang with @gtr3123 for a couple minutes, but I'm not that good with my focus I guess. The Renault is really fun, I need to spend more time on that one. Not sure which gear to be in sometimes...

I was glad to help but I'll be honest, I barely have a clue what 99% of those FFB settings do. I leave the car settings alone and just change the wheel settings per the experts on the PCars G29 settings forum.

I had no clue about the FFB settings so I read up on the brief explanation that you get on the page and then did a bit more research, it did help with understanding the settings. I used the classic settings from the link that Filapino posted. They did make a difference to how my G27 feels, especially running it through the RPi adapter. I played around with steering ratio settings a fair bit as well and that makes a big difference on some of the cars as well. All of this and haven't even touched any of the other tuning stuff!

I'm officially retiring my PS3 today. Went back to GT6 and tried out this weeks Celica at Apricot Hill combo and it was so painful, lol. I also got dc'd out of my own room twice. Tired of the constant connection issues from PSN. Now I can concentrate just on pCars and go after that Lobban guy, lol.

Thanks again for the tips guys. :cheers:

Did some brief pit testing last night trying to figure out if it works for tuning prohibited rooms.

Not yet...

But it seems like such a simple fix.

Basically allow the pit tuning menu to be open, but not the garage tuning menu.

Let the room host decide which tires are allowable during the race. Then give the drivers the same little pit menu that pops up when you enter the pits, but the tire selections are limited to what host decided.

If fuel consumption is turned off then the option to add X amount of fuel would be grayed out. And the option fire tire pressure would also be grayed out.

Not sure why this couldn't be implemented easily.

Tried out the new Scotland track and it's awesome. The new BMW is really cool also...sounds amazing. Tried it at Spa in the rain and wow is it a blast. So easy to power drift on wets.

The XBowR is such huge difference compared to GT6. It's actually great handling and fun to drive in PCars.

no luck racing today. Keep getting disc. again. I have reset my modem, manually changed the MDU setting and danced in a counter clockwise circle while coughing and holding my balls, still no good. Out of ideas. Makes no difference if I join a room or set up my own room.

A cold and lazy Sunday and all i would like to do is enjoy a few laps of fun.

@gtr3123 Nice time. You showed me many new lines. The speed at which you take that first small turn after the front straight was an eye opener. Wish there was a screen which also shows your pedal action during the lap. I have to ask, do you brake with your left foot while right foot on gas?

@gtr3123 Nice time. You showed me many new lines. The speed at which you take that first small turn after the front straight was an eye opener. Wish there was a screen which also shows your pedal action during the lap. I have to ask, do you brake with your left foot while right foot on gas?

I dont think those are GTR's laps? The name on file is ErickFrank.

Yes I use my left foot for the brake and right foot for the accelerator.

IMPORTANT!

There is an update that has rolled out today. Make sure to log in early enough to download so you're not left out tonight.

@Lessen
Should i wait for the beginning of next season? Might be better, no?

No reason at all to wait until next season. I'll be sure to send you an invite tonight

@Cardahs and I just ran a few laps in each. He is fast with that Renault. I tried to follow, but his tail lights faded in the distance. No disc. was the really good news. Hope the same applies for tonight.

Back