♦SNAIL WRRC (CLOSED)PS4 

• Thread starter Lessen
  • 3,864 comments
Yeah my biggest problem in the Renault was when the tires went away on the left front, braking in turn 1 would cause the front left to tuck under and the car would basically go into a slide.

Several times I went over the boundary on the inside of that corner because the front left lost traction under braking and the car would basically turn right horribly and slide across the track to the outside of the corner.

Tons of fun. And the sound of the car annoyed me

Yeah my biggest problem in the Renault was when the tires went away on the left front, braking in turn 1 would cause the front left to tuck under and the car would basically go into a slide.

Several times I went over the boundary on the inside of that corner because the front left lost traction under braking and the car would basically turn right horribly and slide across the track to the outside of the corner.

Tons of fun. And the sound of the car annoyed me

Yep. I started braking earlier and lighter so as to use less steering as "scrub" entering the turn. That helped a lot with wear. If I would have driven like that 1st race I could have done alright, but in the 20 min race I still would have been out of tire eventually anways. I just pit to not deal with the chaos of trying to save it every 3rd turn... Oh well. Hopefully this house addition gets going soon so I can have a room to put a rig in.

That Kart was a killer on my wrist, tendonitis sucks. Aero was whining about his shoulder this morning. Is it just us old pluggers that hurt?
Am I the oldest in this series? 60 7/12ths. Aero's 54 but looks 70.

Of course you're the oldest, that's why you always whine about your wrist, lol.
After all these years and you're still giving me younger than I am, I guess you can still be my bud for a bit longer. But hold on, looks 70? Why is it then that all your ex girlfriends said if you just looked and acted a bit more like me, then they might have kept you around a bit longer :ouch:
And that Cape character, he's the same age as me, and I think Burnt is up here too. So with Jax that makes quite a few of us probably driving around in some sort of pain. :lol:

@Cardahs , 18! I have socks older than you. Just a few older 56, just reminded me next month add one more. Some days I feel 35. Then I wake up and try to get out bed with bad a knee, sore back, and muscles which do not want to cooperate. Could be a lot worse, every day I wake up and get up is a positive in my book.

@FlipJ here is that tune you asked for. FUN CAR!!!!. the back is more stable, you should be able to throttle steer to correct any missed apex's. Just need to change tire preasure per track. Hope it works for you.

bmw 2002 brno 2 16 16.jpg

@Mike Lobban

I assume this one? It was quite a bit of luck to be honest. With three karts right in front of me my plan was just to follow through that sweeping turn. I entered a bit slower than normal to allow space, but your apex speed caught me offguard. Fortunately I was going slow enough to hold the outside line. It was enough of a moment that I distinctly remember my thoughts however. I'll take luck over skill though, that's racing! :D

That's the one. Whew.

Of course you're the oldest, that's why you always whine about your wrist, lol.
After all these years and you're still giving me younger than I am, I guess you can still be my bud for a bit longer. But hold on, looks 70? Why is it then that all your ex girlfriends said if you just looked and acted a bit more like me, then they might have kept you around a bit longer :ouch:
And that Cape character, he's the same age as me, and I think Burnt is up here too. So with Jax that makes quite a few of us probably driving around in some sort of pain. :lol:
Hey, I whine about a lot more than about my wrist. It's killing my love life, i'm not ambidextrous you know.
All my ex girlfriends said they wish I acted like you 'cause you are kinda like a woman, panties and all.
I may be old in age but my mind is still sharp as a jelly filled donut. Maturity, what's that? Once I start thinking like an old man, I will turn into one. Write that down.

Are some of you guys still having problems getting your selected liveries to hold when inside of the race lobby?

Just to make sure....
  1. Follow onscreen link to change vehicle
  2. Press Triangle to enter "my garage"
  3. Find desired car
  4. Scroll to desired livery
  5. Press "X" to save
  6. Press "O" to back out to lobby
Personally, I've not had a problem that I'm aware of. In all the replays I've watched I seem to always get the livery I want. It sounds like others are not quite as fortunate.

@Cardahs , 18! I have socks older than you. Just a few older 56, just reminded me next month add one more. Some days I feel 35. Then I wake up and try to get out bed with bad a knee, sore back, and muscles which do not want to cooperate. Could be a lot worse, every day I wake up and get up is a positive in my book.

@FlipJ here is that tune you asked for. FUN CAR!!!!. the back is more stable, you should be able to throttle steer to correct any missed apex's. Just need to change tire preasure per track. Hope it works for you.

View attachment 515894
Interesting how the tyre pressures are so different in the front. I'll play around with them for other tracks, I haven't done any tuning whatsoever, but this might be a good place to start, since I love the car.
Thank you very much!

I got the Thrustmaster T150, not the best but it will do for me.
FYI, I just built a rig for a buddy who's starting out and he got a T150. The wheel is very good for the price but the pedals are like the old Logitech DFGT, just ok and you can't really mod them. If you can find a set of used pedals from the G27 it will hugely improve the set up. Ricmotech sells an adapter (US$20) to use these pedals with your wheel.

Oh, and welcome to the world of driving a sim the proper way, lol.

Que Lobban on controllers!

Aero started it.

Cardahs, welcome to the word of Sim Racing. With the wheel, you are no longer just a gamer. I hope the learning curve is quick.
I know there was a definite advantage in GT6 for car control while racing with a controller, but I really don't see the same in PCars. It's harder to tell in the new game.
Most of you know I have a grudge against controllers just because of that advantage. Card will be a good indicator in switching. I wonder how long it will take him to be back on top? Better practice my friend. :gtpflag:
11-05-2015, 08:21
Firstly set the wheel rotation to 900 degrees. {on the steering wheel itself} This is done by pressing the dpad button left or right and pressing the mode button once. the mode light will flash.1 Flash - 270 degrees.2 Flashes - 360 degrees.3 flashes - 540 degrees.4 flashes - 900 degrees.5 flashes - 1080 degrees.

So it needs to flash 4 times. Then the wheel is set to 900 degrees

So, I found this and am going to try it out. A quick rotation change would be invaluable switching between cars.

So, after trying this out on my T300, it works like a dream.

Last edited:
Haha thanks guys, as for the pedals i think i will be upgrading them depending on how i manage with them. :)

@SGETI,do you happen to have some FFB settings for the kart that may take some of the the squirreliness out of it,I can't drive it the way it is,I'm slow as it is I don't need any extra help :lol:

@swjaxon here is what i ran.

Spindle
Master scale 40
fx scale 26
fy scale 100
fz scale 100
mz scale 76

fx smooth 20

fy fz mz smoothing all 0

arm 00

Body and SOP
body scale 01
body long scale 01
body stiffness 100
body damp 00

sop scale 40
sop lat 00
sop diff scale 100
sop damping 00

hope these are what you are looking for. If I can help any other way, just ask.

Back